Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
May 28, 2007 @ 09:32 AM
brianAndImFromChicago

woah.

"i wanna be like mike" [SIZE="5"]>[/SIZE] "i wanna be like Kobe"
May 28, 2007 @ 09:33 AM
OneEyeWilly

And, thats fine...

I didnt say he doesnt have the talent to bring them to the playoffs I say leadership in general. This is not coming from me but rather people who have played with him on several occasions from sevaral different players Ive heard that Kobe is aloof, and doesnt really seem to care to much about much else except the ball being in his hand. This isnt a man from the outside looking in, or me watchging playoff games and judging from that, but from players who have balled with the man and seen it first place. Its safe to say Id trust that...unless there is some vast conspircay against Kobe. As far as charisma, its more than getting players pumped on the floor...its going to your first press confrence with sunglasses on you face, with a cocky smile and tell them your skipping college, its the attitude that makes Kobe one of the most hated players in the NBA by other players. Im not grabbing this shit outa the air.

I feel you but as Paul Peirce and Pau Gasol can tell you Talent just doesnt take you. Leadership has to be involved.

I would much rather have a player who wants the ball in his hand in crunch time. You may call that selfish but i call that the killer instinct. Something that sepereates Kobe and MJ from LBJ. The willingness to step up and take that shot knowing the hate youll get if you miss and the love you get if you make it is something that seperates a guy like JJ Reddick (@ Duke) from a Daniel Ewing. Thats what i call a Prime Time player in Vitales words. Your real leaders come out when its crunch time. I think that leadership right there.

Thats him at 18. 10 years ago. Im 18 and to tell you the truth when im 28 id hope to be lightyears from where i am. Look at MJ with the gold jewelry and weaering black kicks instead of the white ones that were assinged to the team. Thats what young people do. IF you know about football than look at Jimmy Clausen. For his first press conference he got a Stretch Hummer Limo and with jewelry he announced he was going to Notre Dame. Its called Youth. Id hope he wouldnt be all serious and businessman straight outta high school.

My fingers hurt but good points you raised.
May 28, 2007 @ 09:34 AM

Inactive

But seriously...

Its all a mute point untill Kobe turns 35 evolves his game from a slasher to a fade away jum shoooter. Its not so much that Mike was so good (well thats part of it) but its more that he was so good for so long, and changed his game when he got to old to do the stuff he did when he was younger. Time will tell.
May 28, 2007 @ 09:35 AM
brianAndImFromChicago

good points guys.

well i gotta run to work.

holla
May 28, 2007 @ 04:07 PM
FxJOSEPHxF

I fucking hate those Hollister, Abercrombie, and American Eagle guys wearing those ugly ass flip-flops and stupid cargo shorts with they ugly polos...Makes you wanna break their toes.

So does everyone else on Hb.
May 28, 2007 @ 07:01 PM

Inactive

Greg Anthony from ESPN said it best. Kobe is the most dynamic scoring threat that the league has seen (besides wilt of course). But Micheal is the best basketball player ever. But I beleive that Kobe has the skillset to seriously challenge MJ for the throne when its all said and done, he already has 3 rings, and he could legitimately play for ten more years. With the right components around him he get more rings before its all said and done.

And on a side note kobe said if they dont get jerry west back as gm then he wants to be traded, and on espn.com they said the most likely destination for him to be traded to is chicago. So..........?
May 28, 2007 @ 08:17 PM
inthemiX

i feel the bbc t-shirts are straight fire and so are the graphic bape tee's, not the all overs

Self Edge x Real Blue Japan 103BSP sz.34x37 NEW WITH TAGS http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/198628

May 29, 2007 @ 01:19 AM
SprNtrl

I fucking hate those Hollister, Abercrombie, and American Eagle guys wearing those ugly ass flip-flops and stupid cargo shorts with they ugly polos...Makes you wanna break their toes.
x2. That shit is annoying as hell. Chicks seem to dig it though.

Oh, and God did not create the heavens and the earth. Creationists need to get real.
May 29, 2007 @ 01:26 AM
CEL

Little Wayne is mediocre at best, thats right I said it
May 29, 2007 @ 09:33 AM
CHEEP

god started evolution. god(however youd like to imagine that) set things n motion and set the laws that the universe is governed by and evolution is what has brought us to where we are today... and keeps us moving forward.
May 29, 2007 @ 10:08 AM
Quick Draw

^what happened to god then? not attacking...just curious. i love hearing new ideas.
May 29, 2007 @ 10:15 AM
CHEEP

my view...

god is the mysteries of the universe... the things that science cannot explain. god is not a being, but since our minds must make god something, we imagine god as one of us... an old man in the sky controling things. we say that we were created in gods image, but so is everything else, since god is what makes things things.

when jesus said "i am god" he was right. but i am god, you are god, the molecules making up the keys i am typing on right now are god.

we know that everything is made up of atoms, but we dont know how they are stuck together, and why since they are 99% empty space things are solid... this is the same as when our ancestors knew we were living, but did not know how we came to be. they created this being that was controling the earth and the hevens because they could not explain why...
May 29, 2007 @ 02:51 PM
rga125

I had a similar belief but I couldn't answer certain questions for myself so i just did away with religion.
May 29, 2007 @ 02:54 PM
CHEEP

I had a similar belief but I couldn't answer certain questions for myself so i just did away with religion.

me too... religion is bullshit. it refuses to evolve.
May 29, 2007 @ 03:05 PM
rga125

me it was really i s aw religion as a lifestlye and I saw alot of people as hypocrites especially amongst christians

and as for evolving I think it will be hard for them to do so without contradicting themsleves.
May 29, 2007 @ 03:11 PM
CHEEP

well... the lifestyle is dictated by(in the case of christians) a book that is supposedly over 2000 years old. there is no room for change since it is supposedly gods word.
May 29, 2007 @ 03:14 PM
rga125

and that's what I dont understand if god was so involved in the lives of his people ( speaking to them sending them messages etc.) where is he now, why has he abandoned us. The world is in shambles when we need a voice the most he is no where to be found.
May 29, 2007 @ 03:19 PM
TheFlash

Religion hurts the world more than it helps.

You can not reason with a religious person.

Science improves mankind, religion does not. Religions inhibits progress.

Democracy will never work in the Middle East. It is incomprehensible to a radical and zealous Muslim society. The U.S. will never win this war--no matter what. The Iraqi insurgents/radical Muslims will never yield to any authority other than themselves.
May 29, 2007 @ 03:40 PM
pnsho

Democracy will never work in the Middle East. It is incomprehensible to a radical and zealous Muslim society. The U.S. will never win this war--no matter what. The Iraqi insurgents/radical Muslims will never yield to any authority other than themselves.

Just what I was thinking.

And on another note, I don't think peace is possible internationally, but it's not like I'm giving up on it entirely.
May 29, 2007 @ 03:44 PM
CHEEP

i thnk societys should be female dominated, and we should fuck our problems out insted of fighting... like bonobos, which are humans closest related species.
May 29, 2007 @ 03:57 PM
rga125

so what about the countries with ugly women ????
what are we to do then ...
I guess there is no easy way for peace sad
May 29, 2007 @ 04:00 PM
iDANYO

Life is gay and homeless, it has no closet to come out of...
May 29, 2007 @ 06:33 PM
PeezyPirate

Im above most people who are shit in my town
May 29, 2007 @ 06:39 PM
brianAndImFromChicago

where you from?
May 29, 2007 @ 06:41 PM
PeezyPirate

Australia

(hence my point)

A little costal town full of wanna be hardcore kids who "fuck shit up" cause their "tuff"
May 29, 2007 @ 07:04 PM
Katsumoto

...real easy for you to say since you don't have to worry about having a better life and future; you most likely spend all of your money on shoes, etc.

simple minded rich kids wouldnt understand something as that nature.
May 29, 2007 @ 08:51 PM
etcetera

i was reding up on them monkeys the other day and i was like "word yo, reminds me of that adage about fucking for peace...or something like that..."
May 29, 2007 @ 10:14 PM
pnsho

^ Bombing for Peace is like F*cking for Virginity?
May 29, 2007 @ 10:33 PM
grug01

Australia

(hence my point)

A little costal town full of wanna be hardcore kids who "fuck shit up" cause their "tuff"

haha. what town/state you from?
gotta hate bogans
May 30, 2007 @ 01:00 AM
PeezyPirate

Byron Bay

Not bogans Hardcore kids

Please login first to reply.