May 26, 2007 @ 04:36 PM
SayWord

My opinion: I don't care much, but there is too much, un-warrented hate for supreme. Supreme has done nothing to nobody, and it isn't bape-esque in hype. Sure people are going alittle too crazy for it, and even I think that it's sickening that all these people jumping on the bandwagon, because it's the in thing to do. But all this hate is unwarrented towards supreme. People are all but hurt for very few reasons: People are making it the end all beat all, and people are mad; They can't get their hands on it, and they are mad; It has hype, and they are mad; they can't afford/don't want to pay resell, and they are mad.

Lets face it. You don't hate supreme. You hate what it has become. You hate, because you think it's cool to hate.
May 26, 2007 @ 04:37 PM

Inactive

-Mexicans (and Hispanics in general) should be the last ones complaining about immigration reforms.

- Illegal imigration needs to stop at this moment

again...

Im pretty sure alot of right wing pundits, hicks from the red states, rush libaugh and his cult like following, newt gingrich and more than half of this country would agree with you...
May 26, 2007 @ 04:56 PM
FFFiasco

can someone PLEASE elaborate on what you folks mean by this?

We all know the bay area is part of california geographically but i dont claim it to be in any association with california culture.
May 26, 2007 @ 05:00 PM

Inactive

Let me say my piece on illegal immigration that would actuualy be unpopular if stated in the mainstream other than these status quo get rid of the mexicans rhetoric thats being put in a thread supposedly about unpopular opinions.

You know, it's not actually surprising to find out that the KKK and the neo nazis in this country where formed partly around getting rid if illegal immigration in this country whether it was the itllaians and the polish of the time they started up or the mexicans nowadays. Its also not surprising that Neo Nazis and KKK are experiencing a huge resurgence lately because of the illegal immigration issue finding several new applicants who have a fiery hate for all these new immigrants coming in this country. Which brings me to the real reason behind all of this bullshit. Hatred, plain and simple. Now, you could give me all the back talk and double speech about people earning thier way in the country and how to do it the right way blah blah blah, if it where JUST that I would agree. Well, that would be nice if it was true...its coeded language that people have put out there in order to hide the real reason that the miexican immigrants are hated so much. If it wasnt bigotry then everytime that one of these douche bags like Newt Gingrich who is at the helm of this movement wouldnt call spanish a "gutter langauge" and down grade a whole race of people. If it wasnt at least partly about race then the Neo-Nazis, the KKK wouldnt be getting so many new recruits. If it was just about people not doing it "the right way" then at these anti-immigrant rallys I wouldnt hear the word "wetback" used in the fucking speeches.

Also, this isnt just a country of immigrants its a fucking country of illegal immigrants, historicaly a safe haven for the persecuted, war ravaged and hungry. If amnesty wasnt available for the hundreds of thousands of immigrants that came into this country in the past and as recently as the vietnam war then you have no idea how many people would be banished from this country. At the end of the day people need to call a spade a spade and stop being brainwashed by popular group think of pundits. Look into things further and see what they really are.
May 26, 2007 @ 05:10 PM
FFFiasco

- i dont like the fact that germany is the only one that gets grief for opressing the jews during hitlers tyranny.
May 26, 2007 @ 05:12 PM
damnwitless1

- i dont like the fact that germany is the only one that gets grief for opressing the jews during hitlers tyranny.

Hitler was the leader of what country again?

All I do is smoke weed and listen to MF DOOM innercitykidsmusic.com

May 26, 2007 @ 05:13 PM
FFFiasco

germany. But were the Germans the only ones opressing jews?
May 26, 2007 @ 05:20 PM

Inactive

serious...Hitler was ordering Jews to be put in a fucking oven. At that point what anyone else did was minimal

btw...heres my thought son the "the south sucks" movement..

It's totally ridiculous to me that people including rappers are falling into this whole hype over how "the south is killing hip hop" I mean theres always been wack shit...like forever and wack shit didnt originate in the south. MC Hammer was from the west coast I believe, all that let it chicken noodle soup shit...Im pretty sure thats not the south, I dont believe the hyphy "movement" originated in the south either. For people to pick on the south because the south is moving units on wack shit exposes a bias to other coasts and bitterness that the attention has shifted to the south. I mean for the MOST part all mainstream music at the moment is ass. 50 cent anyone?

I mean I could go and buy a random east coast mixtape and hear a whole bunch of wack shit on there from mr. corner store NY puncline MC. Does that make me say...oh shit all of NY sucks? No, I have brains enough to know that record companies are run by fat cat corporate dickholes who know very little about the culture and sign people that they are certain will sell and thats across the board. And, these so calle dhip hop heads who supossedly love hip hop are falling into the same trap dissing a whole fucking coast because of what you hear on the radio? you gotta be kidding me. If you where so much into hip hop youd dig beneath the surface and know that there are a slew of MCs down here that can go verse for verse song for song with any MC in the country. But, instead people get caight up in the hype like sheep and applaud anyone dissing the south....congratulations.
May 26, 2007 @ 05:28 PM
FFFiasco

im not saying hitler wasnt by far the worst, but even the United States turned away boatloads of Jews that came into the harbor which led to massacres.
May 26, 2007 @ 06:20 PM
damnwitless1

Sub, neither Hyphy nor Chicken Noodle Soup were wack...

May 26, 2007 @ 06:23 PM

Inactive

unpopular opinion
May 26, 2007 @ 06:58 PM
Mr.Londoner

Walking around with a Starbucks cup in your hand doesn't make you look cool or important.

You just look thirsty.
May 26, 2007 @ 07:00 PM

Inactive

^ that's ok.
May 26, 2007 @ 07:34 PM
PCook

in terms of the immigration issue, I don't believe that borders and boundaries and governments and laws count for shit. I don't mean that people don't treat those things like they mean something; I mean they don't mean shit to me.

People are people and you can either treat people fair or treat people shitty. It shouldn't have anything to do with whether or not they crossed some invisible imaginary line in the dirt.

Fuck any and all governments, I don't believe in laws and I don't follow them for the sake of following them. that's my unpopular opinion.
May 26, 2007 @ 07:51 PM
damnwitless1

not to sound like a fascist, but if everybody had that opinion we'd be in anarchy, and no matter what suburban 8th graders think, that would be very far from a good thing

May 26, 2007 @ 08:00 PM
FFFiasco

not to sound like a fascist, but if everybody had that opinion we'd be in anarchy, and no matter what suburban 8th graders think, that would be very far from a good thing

cosign

its in everyones personal interest to obey the laws. If not then it will result in anarchy, which is the last thing we want.
May 26, 2007 @ 08:02 PM

Inactive

But...the anarchy handbook is pretty kick ass cool
May 26, 2007 @ 08:07 PM
PCook

I'm actually a anarcho-syndicalist. Real anarchist political philosophy is about as far from the 8th grade-nu-metal-jnco-jeans-marilyn-manson ideology as you can get.

I'm not all about chaos in the streets and all that, I just don't believe that anybody is more qualified to tell you what to do with your life other than yourself.

I'm not saying that I go out of my way to break laws...I follow my own code of ethics very rigidly. But if there's a law that doesn't make sense to me personally, I will break it and not give it a second though. Because I don't believe in objective morality and I certainly don't believe in laws being a substitue for personal ethics.
May 26, 2007 @ 08:11 PM
damnwitless1

see that's great in theory but in reality you have to realize that most people are sheep. They don't have the capacity to define their own morals and that's where the necessity of laws and religion come from. If you take these things away people will feel as though they have no reason not to go out and rapa and steal and murder.

May 26, 2007 @ 08:12 PM
FFFiasco

i understand where your coming from but the problem is everyone has a different set of code of ethics. What one person thinks is against their code of ethics maybe different from what i think.
May 26, 2007 @ 08:18 PM
PCook

those are both really good points but I'm not saying that I would want to "throw the switch" and just all of a sudden dissolve laws and order.

of course most people are sheep; because they have governments and religion and corporations telling them that they are sheep and that they need to live their lives a certain way or they will be shunned. The first step is changing those attitudes.

And yeah codes of ethics can conflict but if everyone is cool and has the best interests of humanity at heart (this needs to be worked on of course) I think it'd be relatively cool, and I think a little chaos would be a small price to pay for nobody telling me what to do anymore.

of course there will always be opportunists but since (this is just my opinion) I think the majority of people are capable of being good people for themselves and others, a little bit of working together would take care of that.
May 26, 2007 @ 08:18 PM
PCook

ps all of this is a COMPLETE oversimplification
May 26, 2007 @ 08:24 PM
damnwitless1

of course most people are sheep; because they have governments and religion and corporations telling them that they are sheep and that they need to live their lives a certain way or they will be shunned. The first step is changing those attitudes.

I like your optimism but at the end of the day, it's not just a government propogated attitude, it's human nature to be a follower. If people have nothing to follow you have pandemonium. If it was just intelligent people like us then I'd be all for anarchy, but the fact remains that when you have a large group of people ignoring the laws and rules, you've got the fucking Rodney King Riots

May 26, 2007 @ 08:24 PM
FFFiasco

not to hate on your philosophy but i dont think it could ever work. Its very idealistic. If everyone was generally good then there would be no need for laws but since there are those who are greedy and selfish there will always be a need for laws to regulate.
May 26, 2007 @ 08:32 PM
PCook

is it really all that idealistic?

I'm pretty sure I'm of fairly average intelligence and "moral" bearing. I think that the things people find worrisome about "lawlessness" are the actions of a minority, albeit a very loud minority.

the RK riots were the result of legitimate anger over an injustice, which is good, but it got complicated due to people's materialistic urges and prejudices, which have basically been handed to them by the government and mass media. So, that happened sort of "within" the framework of modern American society, and what I hope for would occur outside of that sort of bullshit.

I honestly think most people are just generally good and sensible and hardworking, they just don't make themselves as vocal as a minority of assholes.
May 26, 2007 @ 08:34 PM

Inactive

Seriously, the reason people are sheep is because we are told that we are sheep and cant survive without governmnet. You say a lie enough times and it will become truth.
May 26, 2007 @ 08:56 PM
damnwitless1

it's not like the world was a big Utopia before the big bad US Government came along. As long as there has been irrigation and farming and static civilizations, there have been governments to lead these people. This isn't by accident, it's because people need to be ruled, they need someone else to tell them what to do. It's sad, but it's true

May 26, 2007 @ 09:00 PM

Inactive

I don't think it will ever be a Utopia and thats not really the point, nor is it solely the U.S government but rather government in general. Now, lets try and trace a time before government and forced laws on people, your guess is as good as mine.
May 26, 2007 @ 09:16 PM
damnwitless1

that's my point. There's been laws as long as there's been civilization for a reason

May 26, 2007 @ 09:24 PM
PCook

^there's been starvation and disasters too, that doesn't mean we should just sit back and allow those things to happen.

here's the point: the media wants you to believe that your enemies are the people who live on your block, in your neighborhood, because those people will rob your house and mug you late at night. The government wants you to believe that your enemies are people that you've never met that live halfway around the world, because those people want to "take your freedom."

In reality, your enemies are the people trying to control your life.

Please login first to reply.