Labor Day - Enjoy 25% Off Your Order. Use code: LABORDAY25
May 8, 2007 @ 08:39 PM
Rapkingpen

Alright HB, I need a little help I go to Campbell Univ in boring country ass Buies Creek, NC and for my business program I was able to get my AA in Business Administration and than in 2 more yrs I get my Bachelor's and I'm minoring in Sports Mgmt.

Anyways, since I got this AA what kind of jobs can ppl really get with it?Maybe I don't have to work at Office Movers or a restaurant or something. I luv hip hop and wouldn't mind working at a club, working in the front office of a hip hop label, radio station. So opinions are open? If anybody here is hiring, let me know whats good. I got fam and friends all over the east coast I can stay with.
May 8, 2007 @ 08:50 PM
wallychamp

congrats!
you should keep grinding in school and forget about a full time job right now so you can get out faster and make some decent $
May 8, 2007 @ 09:02 PM
Rapkingpen

Naw I'm not trying to get a full time job, I just want to get a part-time that will prepare me working with Corporate America a business type job in the future.... even working with something I would have fun w/ hip hop culture, like a hip hop club, radio station, shoes or something would be cool.

I have a lot of things I want to do in the future, I'm pretty much open.
May 8, 2007 @ 09:14 PM
camthraxFHK

Your degree really isnt worth shit. Sorry to be so harsh. What you need to be doing is interning, volunteering and working towards a legitimate bachelors. Ideally you should be getting experience, making connections and building a resume.

Im not trying to beat you up, but im a sophomore in college and trying to make it out too.
May 8, 2007 @ 09:18 PM
Rapkingpen

Word up son, I feel u on that, just hard to find connects for internships and shyt since I just moved out to NC from Maryland and don't know many connects. I'll see how shyt goes though, I might just end up working at Target or some shyt part-time and get in shape for my cross country/track season, which I don't care too much for training in the summer.
May 8, 2007 @ 09:24 PM
camthraxFHK

Oh I forgot. The best way to actually get entry level jobs as a business type is to hav complementary skills. Get your web design skills on lock, get good at photo shop, learn database skills by getting office work study jobs at school. Having these little things will make up for a lack of contacts and make you seem like a great person to hire. Its fucking hard to get a legit job as a 20 year old male hahah.
May 9, 2007 @ 02:31 AM
Response

Congrats
May 9, 2007 @ 05:43 AM
Leumas

Alright HB, I need a little help I go to Campbell Univ in boring country ass Buies Creek, NC and for my business program I was able to get my AA in Business Administration and than in 2 more yrs I get my Bachelor's and I'm minoring in Sports Mgmt.

Anyways, since I got this AA what kind of jobs can ppl really get with it?Maybe I don't have to work at Office Movers or a restaurant or something. I luv hip hop and wouldn't mind working at a club, working in the front office of a hip hop label, radio station. So opinions are open? If anybody here is hiring, let me know whats good. I got fam and friends all over the east coast I can stay with.

1st of i hate it when people asking this question on hypebeast of all fucking forums! the majority of people here cant even vote, drink (legally) and buy a pack of cigs (legally).

2nd of all do your own research. This is shit you should know BEFORE you start a program not after you've graduated. honestly did you just take the course not knowing what type of jobs you can get in the future with the degree?
May 9, 2007 @ 09:35 AM
Rapkingpen

1st of i hate it when people asking this question on hypebeast of all fucking forums! the majority of people here cant even vote, drink (legally) and buy a pack of cigs (legally).

2nd of all do your own research. This is shit you should know BEFORE you start a program not after you've graduated. honestly did you just take the course not knowing what type of jobs you can get in the future with the degree?

1st this is the off topic forum dumb fuck and there are some ppl who have completed college and shyt on the forum who could probably help me out

2nd i went to the college for 4 yrs and my bachelors, (the college is a four year university, so I wouldn't went there just for an AA) i know what can of jobs i can get with my bachelor's and the school helps me, they don't really help u much, and i got a job, i just want to network and see who out there could help out and just advice, i got a job #1, just finished school and looking for a better job, i don't have time to look during the yr cuz i'm a full time student and D1 athlete, so I just came on here first cuz i usually can talk to my HB fam about anything, and i just finished school, so i just starting my job searching process #2 i really don't need one cuz i'm on a full athletic scholarship and really don't have time to work but like money of my own,

no shyt before u talk shyt, u don't got to worry about me and my future cuz i'm straight son.
May 9, 2007 @ 09:44 AM
Quick Draw

yo dude. your best bet (like some said.) is to get an internship at a well-established and respected company. meet people there. get some connections. and when you're ready for a full time job. call em up. possibly get a job there. or at least a recomendation.
May 9, 2007 @ 09:50 AM
Rapkingpen

I appreciate all the help HB fam.
May 9, 2007 @ 09:43 PM
alnit3

congrats. try jobtrack.com or monster.com. maybe you can get some experience there.
May 9, 2007 @ 09:56 PM
dipset00

go to your school, I'm sure they have a intership department. They could help you out and seek out different stuff for you. Honestly whatever your getting a degree on, go look for those interships, alot of expereince and you make alot of connects that way. Stay away from those retail jobs and shit like that, go out and do interships, its just better over all.

Please login first to reply.