Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
April 1, 2010 @ 01:12 AM
ice grillz

if you go to korea, there are guys in the subway alley that can paint you that type of picture on rice paper for $20.

js.

i have couple that was given to me from my grandpa that was some orginal painting done by someone famous. will post pics.

SUPREME/NIKE ON EBAY: http://www.ebay.com/sch/$icegrillz$/m.html?item=161061103194 Trade: "Rosary" tee/hoodie "Bitch Please"(M)

April 1, 2010 @ 05:44 PM
krn_zmb

haha thats awesome, do it.
April 2, 2010 @ 12:50 AM
thejOeshow

here are a few pics i took today

Lol, that was quite a few. Nice artwork though. The one with the frog was the most interesting imo, there a story behind that piece?
April 2, 2010 @ 01:12 AM
ImperiusRex

heres me featured in a german tattoo magazine last year
all i have left is my right leg and my suit is done

what are the two red rings on your left side? ive been tryin to figure it out but cant google it cuas i dont know what there called lol
April 2, 2010 @ 05:51 AM
mayimbe181

what are the two red rings on your left side? ive been tryin to figure it out but cant google it cuas i dont know what there called lol

Raijin (雷神, raijin) is a god of thunder[1] and lightning in Japanese mythology. His name is derived from the Japanese words rai (雷, meaning thunder) and shin (神, god). He is typically depicted as a demon beating drums to create thunder, usually with the symbol tomoe drawn on the drums.

straight from WiKi...there his drums but ive seen people with different variations of this tattoo but i went with the traditional..and its common to have raijin and fujin opposite of each other in battle so i went with the traditional as well

WWW.MAYIMBE181.COM @mayimbe181 twitter & Instagram http://vimeo.com/26407824 Jimmy Fallon appearance

April 2, 2010 @ 10:59 AM
ImperiusRex

thanx man, i looked for the picture for an hr last night jus so i could ask that question lol
April 3, 2010 @ 08:57 AM
s4ch117

Thank you soo much fellas..sponge..
left sleeve: Ganesh sitting on a mountain top
right sleeve: Shiva with his cobra
right chest: Fujin japanese god
left chest: Rajin japanese god
Backpeice: Kaosho Rochishin Killing a tiger
Left Leg: tamatorihime Pearl diver stealing a dragons pearl and escaping the attack of an octopus (right leg) turtle, fishes, crabs squids
left foot: A sailor girl for my ex wife
right foot: a dead sailor girl after we got divorced!
Left armpit: dead geisha severed head

Is there any chance of you could post pics of your right and left sleeve? I'm looking to get a sleeve done and being Hindu its a good option for me.
April 3, 2010 @ 09:47 AM
mayimbe181

Ill post them for you later but if you want go on www.northstartattoo.com click david sena to the left then click sena japanese then go to picture #3, #17, #18 is me but i got som eup close detailed pics at home that i can post later for you..

WWW.MAYIMBE181.COM @mayimbe181 twitter & Instagram http://vimeo.com/26407824 Jimmy Fallon appearance

April 3, 2010 @ 01:58 PM
ony

Japanese art has meaning behind all the art, such as a koi that u call "cliche" has meaning of luck and strength.. So u really cant suggest a japanese piece unless u have a meaning in mind that u want the sleeve to symbolize... Going for a japanese sleeve, u will have to do some research on what each tattoo symbolizes

I tried doing some research couldnt seem to find much any sites you recommend? I was thinking of picking up The Japanese Tattoo by Sandi Fellman do you think it would be any help?
April 3, 2010 @ 02:26 PM
Scotty

^ i own that book, its mostly just pictures... U should be able to find some good info if u type japanese tattoo meanings in google.. I know tattoojoy gives u a quick overview of some stuff like dragons, koi, etc.. But there is another site i always forget it, ill try to find it and post it.. Also u can always go to tattoos shops who have artists who specialize in the art and they will have tons of books..
April 3, 2010 @ 04:20 PM
Charlie Sheen

I have been looking for something to go along with the phenoix. that was the toughest shit i can found yet. imma give it a thought before i get it.

www.deviantart.com/

this site is cool for modern art shit.
April 3, 2010 @ 04:52 PM
mayimbe181

try getting some tattoo burst mags and just figure out how big and placement you know..it took me a long time to figure it out..googling stuff will help but if you dont know what you want it might not help at all..theres a bushido book and many full bodied tattooed picture books you can find..

April 3, 2010 @ 04:58 PM
Failure Pt.4

fuck, i knew this was gonna happen. This tattoo shit is addicting

now im thinking of getting a back piece done
April 3, 2010 @ 06:39 PM
ice grillz

only got 2 hours of work done today and i drove 3 hours. sad

SUPREME/NIKE ON EBAY: http://www.ebay.com/sch/$icegrillz$/m.html?item=161061103194 Trade: "Rosary" tee/hoodie "Bitch Please"(M)

April 3, 2010 @ 06:43 PM
mayimbe181

atleast you got work done...my guys in texas..post pics ice

April 3, 2010 @ 06:50 PM
ice grillz

i am at borders waiting for my ex to get out of work.

my artist is also in houston, tx and i live in san antonio. 3 hour drive was a bitch especially having this girl tailgate the whole way even after i emptied out my windshield washer fluid on her.

will post pics later tonight when i get to her place.

April 3, 2010 @ 08:30 PM
drewAM

Sketched this up the other day:

Still have refining to do on it, ink it, and get colors for it. Trying to get a more traditional look... And I gotta figure out where to put it.

If anyone knows of good artists in Central Florida, let me get some info on them. I know some, but not many who impress me with their traditional work, and word of mouth is sorta limited around here.

FUCK MY NIGGER DAD

April 4, 2010 @ 02:57 PM
ice grillz

April 4, 2010 @ 04:55 PM
ateeeewuh.

cool sketch drew. ice lookin fly.
April 4, 2010 @ 06:30 PM
Failure Pt.4

How long until after I get my tat can I start working out again?

I know it says to wash and put ointment on it for 3 weeks and avoid soaking it for 4 weeks in pools, baths, oceans etc. The paper they gave me doesn't say anything about working out though.
April 4, 2010 @ 06:41 PM
Dig x Bick

you should be fine to workout after a week or so, you just shouldn't soak it in water
April 4, 2010 @ 09:20 PM
Scotty

I know it says to wash and put ointment on it for 3 weeks and avoid soaking it for 4 weeks in pools, baths, oceans etc. The paper they gave me doesn't say anything about working out though.

u dont need ointment for 3 weeks.. 5-7 days with 3 times a day is plenty especially for a tattoo your size.. And then after the 5-7 days, just use non scented lotion throughout the day so it doesnt dry out.. After 2 weeks u should be good to work again, just be sure to wash really good afterwards..
April 4, 2010 @ 09:34 PM
mayimbe181

you should wait atleast a week minimum...put aquaphor for 4 days and then on the
5th day start with lubriderm constantly for atleast 1 week after the 1st 4 days

April 4, 2010 @ 11:29 PM
Failure Pt.4

u dont need ointment for 3 weeks.. 5-7 days with 3 times a day is plenty especially for a tattoo your size.. And then after the 5-7 days, just use non scented lotion throughout the day so it doesnt dry out.. After 2 weeks u should be good to work again, just be sure to wash really good afterwards..

Oh...well i mean they gave me their own ointment that they make and said 3 weeks, 2 times a day

But yeah it's been 1 week so far, I guess I'll start working out again next week.
April 4, 2010 @ 11:55 PM
ony

^ i own that book, its mostly just pictures... U should be able to find some good info if u type japanese tattoo meanings in google.. I know tattoojoy gives u a quick overview of some stuff like dragons, koi, etc.. But there is another site i always forget it, ill try to find it and post it.. Also u can always go to tattoos shops who have artists who specialize in the art and they will have tons of books..

Thanks again. If you can find that website it would be great. Ill try and hit up a couple shops too.
April 5, 2010 @ 12:06 PM
XionGlydius

(If I can confirm being booked with Shige/tomo. Last I heard shige was 3 years booked.)
So I'm starting to decide on what I would get. So far this is all just ideas.

Back piece Would be a samurai killing an oni referenced from the saint Michael pic I posted earlier. And then I would have half sleeves (including chest) of Raijin and Fujin battling. Raijin on the right, Fujin on the left.

Under the Raijin side I want Charectors for Hisshou, Hissatsu, and more( ideas? ) under it like This, except more of a brush stroked look like the aum posted earlier:

The Fujin Side will have more a "wavy/windy" look to it like this (the space left empty, it would be coming from his bag):

Somewhere in all the work I want a cracked skull to be hidden. For my best friend that died.
Example of it being hidden: (look below the Koi)

and cracked:

I'm also thinking about getting an oni in coverings. don't know how to explain it, but this:

so thats what I got so far. What do you guys think? too much? and what kinda filler stuff?
April 5, 2010 @ 04:55 PM
Charlie Sheen

lol @ getting back piece and sleeve my shige.

naked pimp - i was not looking for designs. i was looking for something that would go along with a Phoenix
April 5, 2010 @ 05:11 PM
XionGlydius

lol @ getting back piece and sleeve my shige.
x

I don't get why this is funny. because hes booked and expensive?
April 5, 2010 @ 06:55 PM
Scotty

(If I can confirm being booked with Shige/tomo. Last I heard shige was 3 years booked.)
So I'm starting to decide on what I would get. So far this is all just ideas.

As of last may, u had to register to get a piece done by Shige.. He was no longer taking appointment because of how many people were booking with him.. If u go on to yellow blaze, it tells u to register and its limited right now.. Most likely u wont get a spot but u should try.. Only thing is, he gives u a certain date and thats it, so u have to be there on that date.. I believe Tomo is the same way...
April 5, 2010 @ 07:10 PM
XionGlydius

As of last may, u had to register to get a piece done by Shige.. He was no longer taking appointment because of how many people were booking with him.. If u go on to yellow blaze, it tells u to register and its limited right now.. Most likely u wont get a spot but u should try.. Only thing is, he gives u a certain date and thats it, so u have to be there on that date.. I believe Tomo is the same way...

Shoot, yup your right. Its all good though cause Im in no rush. more time just means more money, and more time to think about what I want.

Please login first to reply.