Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
March 22, 2010 @ 01:35 AM
martJOB

Yeah, its pretty different. When i took it in to drop it off my tattoo artist got so stoked on it. so im hoping his drawing comes out looking good.
March 22, 2010 @ 01:35 AM
chief

Because 1) it'll be a complete waste if it holds no significance to him and 2) if he wants something "cool" inked on his arm, there are better things he can look for.

as the wise Eaton once said "people just say tattoos hold meanings as another reason to get them"

so basically you shouldnt need anymore of an excuse than just liking the art itself

•••

March 22, 2010 @ 08:48 AM
zerodragunov

im currently getting this drawn up. im not sure where to put it though. i was thinking my right forearm...any suggestions?

I really like this, will be a cool tattoo.
March 22, 2010 @ 08:52 AM
Shanklin

Good shit on that Leviathan tat. Gustave Dore is one of my favorite artists.

http://kevinshanklin.com/ IF YOU HAVE A FFFOUND.COM INVITE MSG ME

March 22, 2010 @ 11:41 AM
XionGlydius

I think this guy would be perfect, look at his religious section in the portfolio:
www.anilgupta.com/portfolio/portfolio.htm

heres an example.

Dope tattoo idea.
March 22, 2010 @ 01:07 PM
sevensevenseve

Tattoos on the hands, neck, head, or any tattoo visible in dress blues, or offensive tattoos will disqualify you from the getting into the military. Once your already in is a different story. I still don't recommend getting head/neck/hand tattoos.

nah i heard that it doesn't actually matter as long as its gang related, except maybe for the air force. they want you and they'll let whatever slide at this point...

but basically as long as i'm not on track to be a high powered investment banker / hedge fund manager don't trip? cause i don't really care about that...

i just don't want to have kids some day and be unable to provide for them or some such scenario. but yeah i guess it's as i thought, it doesn't really matter if you have tattoos...
March 22, 2010 @ 02:53 PM
XionGlydius

nah i heard that it doesn't actually matter as long as its gang related, except maybe for the air force. they want you and they'll let whatever slide at this point...

not true.
March 22, 2010 @ 03:25 PM
rx7-fc

thinking of getting this on my wrist
March 22, 2010 @ 03:34 PM
chief

•••

March 22, 2010 @ 03:36 PM
XionGlydius

March 22, 2010 @ 06:40 PM
SmoothCriminal

I've been looking into getting these characters tattooed on me for a while now to mean "no extremes". Is this accurate?

March 22, 2010 @ 07:17 PM
Failure Pt.4

Where did you find that picture from my nig?

just browsing the net

the website is called tattootribes.com
March 22, 2010 @ 08:36 PM
mayimbe181

everyone good luck with all these ideas you have..if your east coast i reccomend hurry up and get some work done before the summer sun hits because its a bitch on tattoos..sun tan lotion for life..i go in for my next close to the end shading session on sunday and i want this done already..

WWW.MAYIMBE181.COM @mayimbe181 twitter & Instagram http://vimeo.com/26407824 Jimmy Fallon appearance

March 22, 2010 @ 08:49 PM
.AG23.

i think some of you take the whole "mean something to you" thing too far.

imho, if you have enough appreciation to put the art on your body for the rest of your life with no regret, thats meaning enough.
March 22, 2010 @ 08:51 PM
Sarcaustic

i think some of you take the whole "mean something to you" thing too far.

imho, if you have enough appreciation to put the art on your body for the rest of your life with no regret, thats meaning enough.

That's the main point. But for some people, finding meaning in an image helps them appreciate the art for the rest of their lives.
March 22, 2010 @ 08:56 PM
.AG23.

That's the main point. But for some people, finding meaning in an image helps them appreciate the art for the rest of their lives.

i definitely agree.
March 22, 2010 @ 09:10 PM
Scotty

im currently getting this drawn up. im not sure where to put it though. i was thinking my right forearm...any suggestions?

How are u getting this drawn up if u dont know the spot u are getting it on? Or did u tell the artist to draw for forearm size? Also u want that whole piece of art or just a certain subject of it? That wont fit on just your forearm i dont think.. That would have to become a half sleeve if anything.. Also if u wanted the full detail u need to make this a huge piece like ribs, back or sleeve.. This would actually be a sick rib piece cause u could the way the art was made.. IMO

Also on the meaning subject of tattoos, they should have some slight meaning to the person.. Doesnt have to have significant meaning but can be any type of meaning.. Like someone can get a tattoo for luck, personal reasons, just love the art the scene.. But for some people get some dumb tattoo with no meaning whats so ever and will eventually hate it.. Im a perfect example, i got this stupid tattoo when i 17 cause i thought it looked cool now i hate the stupid thing cause it looks dumb with my leg sleeve.. so i will be getting it faded out so i can complete my sleeve to what its suppose to look like..
March 23, 2010 @ 12:10 AM
martJOB

I plan on having a little bit of wrap. I have faith in my artist who's filling in for my cousin who is Painless Ric (pretty well known in the tattoo world outside the main stream miami ink/kat von d/carey hart shit). I dont expect ALL the detail of the original but it'll be damn close i assure you that
March 23, 2010 @ 12:18 AM
martJOB

Naw man dont worry about it, thats just the truth. Truth is a harsh reality
March 23, 2010 @ 12:24 AM
martJOB

No, i dropped off the picture sized to how i want it and he said he'd draw it up when he got the time. I guess they're pretty swamped right now but im guessing when all is said and done it'll be around 500-600ish and probably 10hrs in the chair
March 23, 2010 @ 12:57 AM
krn_zmb

thats pretty cheap for 10hrs
March 23, 2010 @ 01:04 AM
DBCEE

martJOB thats a fucking sick idea for a tattoo and I commend you. I cant wait to see a picture of your finished product
March 23, 2010 @ 01:04 AM
martJOB

I get the family hook up
March 23, 2010 @ 02:56 AM
ice grillz

no way you can get that put on your forearm especially with all that details in that picture.

ducktales til you get it.

SUPREME/NIKE ON EBAY: http://www.ebay.com/sch/$icegrillz$/m.html?item=161061103194 Trade: "Rosary" tee/hoodie "Bitch Please"(M)

March 23, 2010 @ 09:33 AM
Charlie Sheen

lol at tattoos with meanings ***** you gay?
March 23, 2010 @ 10:10 AM
Sarcaustic

But just as a heads up, if / when you do get this tattoo, PLEASE PLEASE find some one who can write Chinese Calligraphy to write the words out for you, coz nothing much worst than getting computer typeface on your arm IMHO... looks real tacky especially to any one who can actually read the language...

Yes, I read somewhere that there are the right "brush strokes" for Chinese calligraphy that tattoo artists who don't know will just draw it for what it looks like instead of drawing it the right way.

And also make sure it says what you want it to say, lol. There's definitely a lot of people flaunting their tattoos thinking it means like "hope" or "courage" or whatever and it actually means something else.
March 23, 2010 @ 12:55 PM
thejOeshow

On the topic of tattoos meaning something..

..just from personal experience, it seems that the more tattoos you get the less you worry about how meaningful you want them to be. For example when i got my first tattoo, like 99.9% of everybody here, i wanted it to have some sort of significant meaning and not be a mistake later in the future. Then when the 'addiction' started to come i noticed that i didn't have to think so hard about what i was going to get next.
March 23, 2010 @ 02:14 PM
SmoothCriminal

Okay, so after i posted i double checked, and although technically speaking what you wrote is correct it also isn't, since people don't really just write or say 無極... but for me to be able to help you out a bit better, what exactly do you mean by no extreme... coz in Chinese you can say limitless which is 無限... although not sure if you really want to tattoo that since its also the brand name for the Honda racing parts Mugen...

Here is the enlarged version of Limitless so you can see the difference...

Thanks a lot I appreciate it. Yeah I meant no extremes as in "no limits", "infinite" etc. But if thats the brand name for racing parts now I'm not too sure if I wanna get it =\

This is what I found when researching: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wuji_(philosophy)
March 23, 2010 @ 07:04 PM
XionGlydius

Yea I think that leviathin image is way to big to be a forearm tattoo. Maybe just god descending from heaven with the sword?
March 23, 2010 @ 10:47 PM
martJOB

I already got it sized to how I want it. It fits. I have pretty big forearms luckly, although it will wrap just slightly

Please login first to reply.