March 16, 2012 @ 10:30 AM

Inactive

anyone know if this style of tattoo has a particular name

asian tribal...

thats fucking amazing, that shit is soo fucking dope.
March 17, 2012 @ 05:46 PM
jeanyes

i got hit yesterday

No offense dude, but how much did that run you? Looks terrible.
March 17, 2012 @ 06:59 PM
trevxv3

i got hit yesterday

No offense dude, but how much did that run you? Looks terrible.

yea dude the only part correct about that piece is the clothes, the wings look so haphazard, the outline above the shoulder/neck area and in the armpit is too thick, the face looks like she just got in a prize fight, the hair detail is blotchy, and whatever it is that is hanging off her hand is just wrong

SATIRE GANG OR MOW YOUR LAWN FOR FREE

March 19, 2012 @ 03:04 PM
deadpooL

its a mediocre piece...but i've definitely seen worse. i'm assuming morris only paid a couple hundred dollars for it. he got what he paid for.
March 19, 2012 @ 07:10 PM
barkevvv

the colors a little too dark for his skin color but ben hendersons definitely got one of the coolest tattoos.

March 19, 2012 @ 07:42 PM
saurier

If by coolest you mean gayest, then yes, by all means, ben henderson has one of the coolest tattoos

http://saurierco.com ///////////////////// Molosser Rex

March 20, 2012 @ 01:41 AM
deadpooL

word. his tat is OD lame.
March 20, 2012 @ 07:18 AM
JCrewkid

the colors a little too dark for his skin color but ben hendersons definitely got one of the coolest tattoos.

fuck outta here with that faggot shit nigga
March 20, 2012 @ 08:32 AM
jaded

Angel wings is a chicks tattoo and even then it's a bad one.

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

March 27, 2012 @ 04:32 AM
bsum

a lot of great tattoos in this thread. I have a few myself that I don't regret but were definitely learning experiences through trial and error (which is not something I would suggest with permanent ink) but thankfully most can be corrected.

I have a tribal on my left arm, shoulder, chest, back, and learned a lot about tattoos from getting it. I'm not asian but I love the asian styles, it's a tattoo art that has been perfected and IMO is so popular amongst all cultures because it just looks so vivid.
This is a half sleeve I want to get done by Andy Engel in Germany, who also is the artist of the work in the picture. I hope I can get an appointment...any advice from tattoo aficionados are welcome in respect to duration and average cost. I think it will be less than 12 hours since it's a half sleeve shoulder to elbow...
March 27, 2012 @ 06:10 AM
braadie

Can anyone suggest a crisp, clean japanese artwork tattooist around the NY/NJ area? I'm looking to get a half sleeve done, but I'm having a hard time finding good artists. If anyone could help me out, that'd be great. An example of something I'm looking for (I don't mind a long wait).

FEEDBACK http://hypebeast.com/forums/buyerseller-feedback/168052/? topic_page=1#post-3366222

March 27, 2012 @ 06:10 AM
braadie

Double post.

FEEDBACK http://hypebeast.com/forums/buyerseller-feedback/168052/? topic_page=1#post-3366222

March 27, 2012 @ 06:17 AM
Koven

getting my second piece in a few months. my boy jun cha hooking it up cool

placement wise, its going to be on the other side of my bernini angel (connecting at the shin)

Dem goslet calves cool

all I do is sip espressos and listen to AZ -mrelllis.tumblr.com

March 27, 2012 @ 06:46 AM
bsum

Can anyone suggest a crisp, clean japanese artwork tattooist around the NY/NJ area? I'm looking to get a half sleeve done, but I'm having a hard time finding good artists. If anyone could help me out, that'd be great. An example of something I'm looking for (I don't mind a long wait).

I've been wondering this forever, does anyone know what those circle symbols represent above the arm pits on this back piece?
March 27, 2012 @ 07:02 AM
vinftw

^
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bornean_traditional_tattooing

FS: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/208326 WTAPS BDU

March 27, 2012 @ 07:30 AM
aces1

jun cha does some great work
March 27, 2012 @ 06:12 PM
bsum

^
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bornean_traditional_tattooing

Knowledge! thanks!
March 27, 2012 @ 08:30 PM
caseem

not sure if mentioned yet but check out the work by Filip Leu. From what i understand he tattoos out of Switzerland and is selective of whom he tattoos because he wants to use whole body parts that are tattooless. his work is amazing
March 28, 2012 @ 01:37 AM
mayimbe181

my tattoo artist has leu work done on him and it takes about 2 years to get an appointment. he has some really nice work and very average stuff but his amazing work is incredible.

WWW.MAYIMBE181.COM @mayimbe181 twitter & Instagram http://vimeo.com/26407824 Jimmy Fallon appearance

March 28, 2012 @ 01:40 AM
caseem

my tattoo artist has leu work done on him and it takes about 2 years to get an appointment. he has some really nice work and very average stuff but his amazing work is incredible.

yeah man! my friend is booked with him for a back piece down till the back of his knees. should be interesting to what it will be like, he still has to wait nine months longer
March 28, 2012 @ 03:08 AM
threezero

a lot of great tattoos in this thread. I have a few myself that I don't regret but were definitely learning experiences through trial and error (which is not something I would suggest with permanent ink) but thankfully most can be corrected.

I have a tribal on my left arm, shoulder, chest, back, and learned a lot about tattoos from getting it. I'm not asian but I love the asian styles, it's a tattoo art that has been perfected and IMO is so popular amongst all cultures because it just looks so vivid.
This is a half sleeve I want to get done by Andy Engel in Germany, who also is the artist of the work in the picture. I hope I can get an appointment...any advice from tattoo aficionados are welcome in respect to duration and average cost. I think it will be less than 12 hours since it's a half sleeve shoulder to elbow...

Price vary from artist to artist, some charge by piece some charge by the hour. I suggest you to break it down to 2-3 sessions if you can, 12 hr straight is brutal for the person getting tattoo and for the tattoo artist. But if your traveling than i guess you have to suck it up.

i would also say you are underestimate the time it might take to do a full color piece like that. I don't know how big your limbs are but i have the front half of my lower leg blasted in black and gray and it took 10 hr. Probably gonna take another 10hr to finish the back of the leg and i have chicken legs.....
March 29, 2012 @ 08:58 AM
s)ean

Full sleeve in progress with about 7 hours of work put in. Need a few more good sessions.

www.skindesigntattoos.com

s)ean's Bernini pieces are really dope.

shit i forgot about this thread.

crazy, i forgot about this pic man. This was like 4 years ago. Added way more to the sleeve but still far from done.

i'll post up pics if i can get around to it.
April 2, 2012 @ 10:58 PM
It's Only Hype

its crazy how the colored petals look 3 dimensional-like

April 2, 2012 @ 11:09 PM
aces1

^^^ holy shit
April 3, 2012 @ 12:34 AM
trnst

anyone has some more pics of black & red tattoos ?
April 3, 2012 @ 01:21 AM
mayimbe181

it looks 3d cause he had the red touched up...has nohing to do with a style its just fresh off the gun

WWW.MAYIMBE181.COM @mayimbe181 twitter & Instagram http://vimeo.com/26407824 Jimmy Fallon appearance

April 8, 2012 @ 08:02 AM
bsum

Price vary from artist to artist, some charge by piece some charge by the hour. I suggest you to break it down to 2-3 sessions if you can, 12 hr straight is brutal for the person getting tattoo and for the tattoo artist. But if your traveling than i guess you have to suck it up.

i would also say you are underestimate the time it might take to do a full color piece like that. I don't know how big your limbs are but i have the front half of my lower leg blasted in black and gray and it took 10 hr. Probably gonna take another 10hr to finish the back of the leg and i have chicken legs.....

wow, good info, I'll be lucky if I even get an appointment, so hard to get in with good artists these days especially if you travel a lot and don't stick around long enough in the same place to go back for touch ups. Although I will be coming back to Germany every few months it's hard to schedule ahead..I still want to finish my left and right half sleeves and I want a side piece on the right side...lots of work ahead!!
April 8, 2012 @ 08:12 AM
tmwtg

Wanna get a tat, but corporate life might not make it.
April 17, 2012 @ 04:01 AM
✡HYFR✡

who yall fave portrait artists

Ġhost McFly : bladelex >>>>> j dilla

April 17, 2012 @ 04:42 AM
mrh

Wanna get a tat, but corporate life might not make it.

whats to worry about if its covered up while wearing dress clothes?

Please login first to reply.