The Official Tattoo Thread

February 01, 2012 @ 02:47:36
Could somebody tell me what the meaning is behind the severed geisha head in traditional japanese tattooing? I've always loved them, visually, but I'm curious as to what their actual meaning is (if any).

Anyone fill me in? *cough* Mayimbe *cough*

patxpeterson.com | youmaddoggy.com

February 01, 2012 @ 04:23:01
got my elbow tattooed today. wasnt as bad as i was expecting.. except for that funny bone.

February 01, 2012 @ 05:37:25
Does anyone know of any good tattoo artists in Michigan?
February 01, 2012 @ 06:50:14
Could somebody tell me what the meaning is behind the severed geisha head in traditional japanese tattooing? I've always loved them, visually, but I'm curious as to what their actual meaning is (if any).

My armpit....too many meanings...i read 1 about being the dominant person showing power and no fear...thats my dead geisha in my pit...represents many things mainly my ex
February 01, 2012 @ 06:59:35
^^^ Aight May, I gotchu.

and yeah, I've read quite a few slightly varied descriptions of it. I like that "power and no fear" one though. I'm definitely interested in incorporating the severed Geisha in my first tattoo.

(and another question, would it be absolutely retarded to get a lower-leg sleeve as a first tattoo? I have a fairly high pain tolerance, and I pretty much only like 'big' pieces -- hence wanting a sleeve as a first + I feel like the leg would be a smarter choice as opposed to the arm for placement considering I probably wouldn't even be finished with college at the time of the appointment.)

February 01, 2012 @ 07:23:07
^ my favorite piece is on my lower leg, imo its a good look for guys and you can hide it if you want where are with the arm its a little hard in the summer especially when you fit is usually tee + jeans shorts whatever.

pain wise lower leg is not as painful as i though, my first few pieces was on the side of my body and the legs is nothing compare to the ribs.

however, while i don't regret my first tattoo i'm glad its somewhere that i can cover 99% of the time simply because despite all the research i did, my first tattoo wasn't the best.
February 01, 2012 @ 15:08:00

where are you located? Jeff Zuck is at Name Brand Tattoo in Ann Arbor.

my buddy goes to a girl named Kaelyn Currow who works at Gallery 31 Fine Art and Tattooing in Grand Rapids

Lil JoJo : i really want rizal! 13:10

February 01, 2012 @ 17:59:17
^^^ Aight May, I gotchu.

and yeah, I've read quite a few slightly varied descriptions of it. I like that "power and no fear" one though. I'm definitely interested in incorporating the severed Geisha in my first tattoo.

(and another question, would it be absolutely retarded to get a lower-leg sleeve as a first tattoo? I have a fairly high pain tolerance, and I pretty much only like 'big' pieces -- hence wanting a sleeve as a first + I feel like the leg would be a smarter choice as opposed to the arm for placement considering I probably wouldn't even be finished with college at the time of the appointment.)

My little sister started from the foot up she has an entire leg sleeve done now. Its all up to you..might i suggest considering your lifestyle 1st....for instance---------------------- beaches and pools are no longer an option and with the summer coming you cannot enter chloreine or salt for atleast 2 months from the date you were tattooed.....comfort is a main thing and wearing shorts with a freshly tattooed leg can be a bitch cause you wanna avoid jeans in hot weather...i have too many years of experience with this shit and seen too many people get infections from stupidity from not taking care of there tats
February 01, 2012 @ 19:10:50
^ my favorite piece is on my lower leg, imo its a good look for guys and you can hide it if you want where are with the arm its a little hard in the summer especially when you fit is usually tee + jeans shorts whatever.

pain wise lower leg is not as painful as i though, my first few pieces was on the side of my body and the legs is nothing compare to the ribs.

however, while i don't regret my first tattoo i'm glad its somewhere that i can cover 99% of the time simply because despite all the research i did, my first tattoo wasn't the best.
^^^ Aight May, I gotchu.

My little sister started from the foot up she has an entire leg sleeve done now. Its all up to you..might i suggest considering your lifestyle 1st....for instance---------------------- beaches and pools are no longer an option and with the summer coming you cannot enter chloreine or salt for atleast 2 months from the date you were tattooed.....comfort is a main thing and wearing shorts with a freshly tattooed leg can be a bitch cause you wanna avoid jeans in hot weather...i have too many years of experience with this shit and seen too many people get infections from stupidity from not taking care of there tats

thanks for the input, guys!

I'm more than likely just gonna give myself a year or so to save money and think about it before I even get on a wait-list. And it's all based on when I move -- plan on moving to Austin sometime in '12 and I'm thinking about Chris Trevino.

February 01, 2012 @ 19:16:19

My armpit....too many meanings...i read 1 about being the dominant person showing power and no fear...thats my dead geisha in my pit...represents many things mainly my ex

Yo where ya spot @, I hope it's not od charges for some small shit..

Don't badmind me.

February 01, 2012 @ 19:44:42

Yo where ya spot @, I hope it's not od charges for some small shit..

Senaspace.com Northstartattoo.com and when you reach my status in the tattoo community things just work themselves out
February 01, 2012 @ 19:46:40
^^^ Aight May, I gotchu.

i went surfing two days after getting my knee tattooed and it healed up beautifully. also did the same thing a week after getting my calf tattooed. i know that doesnt seem too smart but all my stuff always heals up nicely and ive never had an infection. all my stuff is simple bold traditional american style so i guess i figured i could just get it touched up if needed, but they healed up and look as good as the day i got them.
February 02, 2012 @ 17:12:59
February 02, 2012 @ 18:21:30
Anybody know of an artist that specializes in colorful traditional american style in the Midwest? Im in the Detroit area, and wouldn't mind traveling to the east coast. (Just not NYC)
February 02, 2012 @ 21:58:44
Originally posted by Inactive User

where are you located? Jeff Zuck is at Name Brand Tattoo in Ann Arbor.

my buddy goes to a girl named Kaelyn Currow who works at Gallery 31 Fine Art and Tattooing in Grand Rapids

I live in Waterford, but I'm willing to travel. I'm visiting Traverse City in a couple weeks. I want someone who is good with color and has a somewhat whimsical aesthetic.
February 03, 2012 @ 01:35:24
just thought f this today and i really wanna get it, gotta start savin up
from ghost in the shell anime

some1 already did it though, looks cool except too much yellow for me
February 03, 2012 @ 04:09:41
lol the fuck

•••

February 03, 2012 @ 17:26:01
just thought f this today and i really wanna get it, gotta start savin up
from ghost in the shell anime

some1 already did it though, looks cool except too much yellow for me

not trying to hate but what the fuck would compel someone to get a tattoo like this? i see no meaning
February 03, 2012 @ 22:30:39
you gotta watch ghost in the shell

also i don't really care about "meaning" in a tattoo to be perfectly honest, that shit is kinda cheesy to me.
February 03, 2012 @ 23:43:46
not trying to hate but what the fuck would compel someone to get a tattoo like this? i see no meaning

Tattoos don't need a meaning. If you like and appreciate the art, then get it. Granted, I'm not the biggest fan of what dude posted, but it's his body and if he likes it that's all that matters.

Ya pops don't gotta die in order for you to get a tattoo.

February 04, 2012 @ 08:27:57
^
Forreal most artist tell me tattoos don't have to have meaning, and people try to hard for it to mean something.
that tattoo is mad fucking weird, but it's your body your choice, i feel like thats the same shit as getting pikachu tattoo'd but do you

This post is hidden due to user account is no longer active or improper post content.

February 04, 2012 @ 08:37:16
This thread needs more user tattoos and less analyzing. we all can agree to disagree...its a matter of preference
February 04, 2012 @ 09:09:59
My tattoos don't have any personal meaning. I may be biased, but I believe tattoos that mean something to you at your point in time will eventually fade and turn to regret. Great design has more longevity especially if you get it from someone who really hones the craft.
February 04, 2012 @ 11:27:02
pretty much healed at this point. im getting it touched up sometime next month. tattoo #2 coming soon as well.
February 04, 2012 @ 22:49:43
^ That's DOPE.

you kids do know that tattoos used to have meaning right? that's the only reason why people used to get tattoos. now its just a fuckfest.

aight pops.

February 11, 2012 @ 17:24:23
edit: pic wont work
February 11, 2012 @ 19:59:31
Got my first tattoo yesterday in memory of my grandma. Didnt wanna get the standard so I got one based on her being native american and also how the one of the first things she bought for me and the last thing she bought before she passed was a dream catcher.
Sorry for size.

AccessDeniedAccess denied
February 12, 2012 @ 21:22:25
i'm thinkin about gettin this one
February 12, 2012 @ 22:02:21

need to get my inner arm done.
Please login first to reply.
x