The Official Tattoo Thread

Sep 17, 2011 @ 09:25
Anyone know someone who does pirate-esque/cartoonish style tattoos? Like the ones all the hipsters have nowadays. I don't know the name of the style.
Like these:
laughingo1_500.jpg" alt="" />

Maybe this:

East River Tattoos in brooklyn does a traditional sailor jerry style tat. Duke Riley is amazing.

http://auto-bite.com/

Sep 17, 2011 @ 11:25

Does anyone know who this specific artist is? I'm not usually big on american traditional stuff but this is fucking ill. I wanna see more of the artist's work.
Sep 17, 2011 @ 23:40

http://pureandgood.tumblr.com/ IG: thevictoryspeech

Sep 20, 2011 @ 10:51
East River is a great spot. Friend and artist Liam McWilliams had his piece done there. You can see the rope on his arm that was developed from a knot he drew up. I don't remember which artist did the awesome line work on him.

oddmenout.com/liam-mcwilliams

ODDMENOUT | A Standard Apart

Sep 20, 2011 @ 12:04
some of those tattoo's are terrible
Sep 20, 2011 @ 12:47
U owuld have to make that into a sleeve if u were to do it on your arms... Could do it as a back piece but i think it would dope as a half sleeve/full sleeve.. Also u cant ask a price cause artists all charge a different amount..

would it be a problem that im somewhat small? and I considered back but wouldnt really want to since I wouldn't be able to admire it myself
Sep 20, 2011 @ 17:32
My arm is almost completely healed now. Shitty iphone in the mirror photo, but whatever.

Sep 20, 2011 @ 18:05
Originally posted by Inactive User
would it be a problem that im somewhat small? and I considered back but wouldnt really want to since I wouldn't be able to admire it myself

Just bring your idea into the shop and ask where would be the best positioning to get that tattoo for someone your size.. A good artist will know exactly where it will fit perfectly..

Lloyd : Very nice piece man
Sep 20, 2011 @ 21:08

Kayv: pull bitches, not triggers. throw parties, not fists. futurebass : my mom said life is like a box of kimchi. chopzz.tumblr.com

Sep 20, 2011 @ 21:17
^ Ya boy needs a pedicure though

WWW.SEQUENCE.US

Sep 20, 2011 @ 22:14
wtf kinda toes are those?
Sep 28, 2011 @ 03:05

picture my artist took after it was done
Sep 28, 2011 @ 04:39
I see dat other chest piece, looks nicely done though, no color eh?
Sep 28, 2011 @ 05:54
My arm is almost completely healed now. Shitty iphone in the mirror photo, but whatever.

ill!!
put the border on and errthang smokeyface
Sep 28, 2011 @ 10:08
Maybe this:

i love this

has anyone seen a joshua tree done well as a tattoo? i finally have a solid idea for my first tattoo, and i was thinking of getting a joshua tree done down the outside of my right shin, with the trunk of it at the base of my ankle, and the roots going down my foot. i want the branches to cross to sort of form a silhouette in the shape of the state of California, and the roots to to somehow do the same with the shape of Japan, including one of its smaller islands, Okinawa.

the shape of Japan would symbolize my roots, which was where i was born and raised, and the shape of California would symbolize where i grew up and branched out. i picked a joshua tree because they're only found in the Mojave, where i live (Antelope Valley), and Jerusalem, so i find that to be pretty symbolic as well. plus i think joshua trees look pretty badass when drawn well. here are just a few images i found on teh webzorz.

as far as colors go, i might wanna blend the gnarly blue, green, and orange sky tones from the sunrise we get here (see my avy) with the orange red and purple tones we get from sunsets (see above picture) in the background. i'm still deciding whether or not i'd wanna color the joshua tree or the shapes of Japan/California.

what do y'all think? this is my first concrete idea of a tat, which i've been pondering about for like the past two years ha
Sep 28, 2011 @ 14:47
I see dat other chest piece, looks nicely done though, no color eh?

Thanks. Yeah the one on my chest was my very first tatt. No color, strictly black and grey for my sleeve. Although my legs gonna be full color.
Oct 01, 2011 @ 17:50
picture my artist took after it was done

nice piece.
looking to get something around the same style and quality,
just wondering how much this cost you?
how many sessions and which artist/studio this?

thanks
Oct 01, 2011 @ 18:08
Thanks man, cost was about over 2 grand. I believe 6 sessions running about 4-5 hours each.
Artist is a guy named Luke Stewart from San Francisco. Shop is called Seventh Son.
Here's his website
http://lukestewart.info/blog/
Oct 21, 2011 @ 16:20
Oct 21, 2011 @ 20:00
Took About 3 Sessions & 15+ Hours But I Finally Got My Piece Done

We're all in the same game, just different levels. Dealing with the same hell, just different devils

Oct 21, 2011 @ 20:20
you're hilarious dude

if you're being serious... then you're still hilarious
Oct 21, 2011 @ 20:24
Lol did someone the size of a dime tattoo that on you? Only way that would take 15 hours.

Buffalo Bills till I die.

Oct 21, 2011 @ 20:35
<p>Lol did <b>someone the size of a dime</b> tattoo that on you? Only way that would take 15 hours.</p>

lmfao.

what's it supposed to say at the bottom?

two of em x hs shit

Oct 21, 2011 @ 20:48
I hope to god that isnt the completed piece, and that you got it finished by a professional

SATIRE GANG OR MOW YOUR LAWN FOR FREE

Oct 21, 2011 @ 20:59
Noir i'ma be honest, that tattoo is ugly. if you're serious my sympathy goes out to ya.
Oct 21, 2011 @ 21:03
What Are You Guys Talking About.. This Is The Finished Product. Its A Tribute To Pilot C.B. "Sully" Sullenberger, Muhammad Atta, & Spitta

We're all in the same game, just different levels. Dealing with the same hell, just different devils

Oct 21, 2011 @ 21:22
oh I finally see it.. its frontview of an airplane with the smoke coming out spelling jet life on the bottom... honestly there are hella dudes out there who wouldve taken 2 hours to do that for you, for like 300 bucks.. You might have got it done for free in a garage though? Seems like you picked the wrong two sides of the tattoo triangle

SATIRE GANG OR MOW YOUR LAWN FOR FREE

Oct 24, 2011 @ 23:29
<p>Anyone know any good places in the Bay Area for some tribal art?</p>

Humble Beginnings
Oct 26, 2011 @ 18:18
Tattoo related.
Pretty crazy though.
Oct 26, 2011 @ 18:45
<p><strong> What Are You Guys Talking About.. This Is The Finished Product. Its A Tribute To Pilot C.B. “Sully” Sullenberger, Muhammad Atta, &amp; Spitta </strong></p>

hmmm......clever troll or genuine dumbass?

Please login first to reply.
HYPECHAT 0