June 12, 2011 @ 08:03 PM
PandoCalrissian

does anybody know of good shops in SD?? im getting my first tat later this month and i want it too be good, cost isnt a biggie just want it to be GOOD!

"leather jackets and bape shark hoodies, its a struggle but we make it work"

June 12, 2011 @ 10:51 PM
HELLA.

Fuck that's dope!

June 12, 2011 @ 10:53 PM
HELLA.

Cool another coi fish tattoo yaya

I hate idiots like you, its a traditional tattoo you dumbfuck.
June 12, 2011 @ 10:53 PM
Scotty

does anybody know of good shops in SD?? im getting my first tat later this month and i want it too be good, cost isnt a biggie just want it to be GOOD!

Japanese work? Paul Dhuey at Guru Tattoo.. He's doing my sleeve, he is working on NVO's half sleeve(i recommended him)..
June 12, 2011 @ 11:23 PM
PandoCalrissian

Definitely Japanese but with a modern twist and I don't want to offend any artists by changing the traditional-ness of it but I want a bit of a twist and I don't like a lot of color either I'll just take that up with the artist when I get there

"leather jackets and bape shark hoodies, its a struggle but we make it work"

June 12, 2011 @ 11:30 PM
Ape3

I need this as soon as I get old enough. I'd hate to swagger jack Aes though.
June 13, 2011 @ 01:51 AM
Scotty

Definitely Japanese but with a modern twist and I don't want to offend any artists by changing the traditional-ness of it but I want a bit of a twist and I don't like a lot of color either I'll just take that up with the artist when I get there

Well i hope u arent looking for the pic u posted? Cause thats not the best japanese work which looks like it was done by a street shop artist.. If u arent looking for traditional then i couldnt recommend Paul cause he is traditional and wouldnt change his style up.. What u are looking for is the Jess yen, shige type work.. Where its japanese style but more realism incorporated which im getting out of what u call modern.. And there is no artists in SD with that style, jess yen is located in alhambra but last time i checked he was on wait list of almost 2 years and charges 250 an hour..
June 13, 2011 @ 01:28 PM
ominousred

I need this as soon as I get old enough. I'd hate to swagger jack Aes though.

I say do it, but maybe find a different quote or make your own up.
June 13, 2011 @ 02:00 PM
ominousred

Got this done about a month ago, been putting the shading off though. Ribs suck.

This is gonna look sick once the shading is done. Are you gonna color it or keep it black and white when you shade it?
June 13, 2011 @ 02:01 PM
narbarkod44

thanks
June 13, 2011 @ 02:06 PM
ominousred

There's a bunch of different meanings behind them.
Sailors got them for good luck, because swallows always return to their nest after a certain time period or something.
Also, swallows only have one partner their whole life, so it symbolizes love and loyalty too. There's probably a lot more, too...

Mine don't really mean shit, though... Just got them in the spur of the moment some time ago.

That's fukn dope. I should get one. I been mad loyal all my life. I been with the same broad forever. I have a hard time picking tats because there are so many things that I want to symbolize. I have been collecting ideas to expand on for years now. That's why I love this thread.

I need to see if there is a book that has a collection of tats as well as their meaning to the individuals. That would be a dope ass book. Here was a vid I just watched a few days ago about Tek's tats and what they mean to him.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwQwUHASssc
June 13, 2011 @ 10:42 PM
bluntokes

This is gonna look sick once the shading is done. Are you gonna color it or keep it black and white when you shade it?

word thanks, just black and grey.
June 14, 2011 @ 03:08 AM
dkc666

Any of you guys know of any good traditional american tattoo shops in the LA area? I'm going out there in a couple months and I'm thinking about grabbing a lil banger while I'm out there.
June 14, 2011 @ 03:11 AM
unknown force.

gonna cop some wings on my back and a shoulder piece once i get out debt
June 15, 2011 @ 03:22 AM
Nitsuj

Well i hope u arent looking for the pic u posted? Cause thats not the best japanese work which looks like it was done by a street shop artist.. If u arent looking for traditional then i couldnt recommend Paul cause he is traditional and wouldnt change his style up.. What u are looking for is the Jess yen, shige type work.. Where its japanese style but more realism incorporated which im getting out of what u call modern.. And there is no artists in SD with that style, jess yen is located in alhambra but last time i checked he was on wait list of almost 2 years and charges 250 an hour..

Scotty, how much does the Paul guy charge for traditional Japanese work? I'm located in the Orange County area and I'm looking for a good artist to work on my whole left arm in the near future.

WWW.SEQUENCE.US

June 15, 2011 @ 02:07 PM
Augustus

That's so nice and clean. Birdgang we in dis. Yours is way better than mine, though.

Thank you. I like yours too! BYRD GANG

@QuattroRide

June 15, 2011 @ 03:11 PM
ThatOneGirl33

i wish i had a picture of mine- you guys all look so good!
June 15, 2011 @ 03:28 PM
Scotty

Scotty, how much does the Paul guy charge for traditional Japanese work? I'm located in the Orange County area and I'm looking for a good artist to work on my whole left arm in the near future.

He charges 150 an hour and i would recommend if interested booking an appointment asap.. His new client booking is getting backed up pretty deep now.. I just booked another appointment for july to finish this little area that wasnt finished and touching up the rest.. Then going over ideas for the lower half which most likely will be the snake if he can fit it..
June 16, 2011 @ 12:20 AM

Inactive

Question: Im lookin for a Japanese style artist in Sacramento. Where? razz
that obviously is tight with designs, them free handers are siick as fuck too!
June 16, 2011 @ 09:56 PM
PlatinumRespect

looking forward to this once its done! please post up pics.

anyone watch NY Ink?
June 16, 2011 @ 11:00 PM
motherland

yeah

i only caught a couple minutes 2night

is that the same guy from miami ink?
June 16, 2011 @ 11:01 PM
WojieWorldPeace

yeah

i only caught a couple minutes 2night

is that the same guy from miami ink?

Yes

I caught an episode today while waiting to leave to play soccer...definitely a good show and the whole slipknot tattoo was a touching scene sad

Buffalo Bills till I die.

June 16, 2011 @ 11:13 PM
Sponge

twitpic.com/5a8cvi

I need this piece but just with bigger wings, i just cant figure out where to put it.
Ofcourse nikko gonna do it. No one aint touching my shit but the best belee dat

http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/forum/topic/su preme-northface-galore-visvim-jkts-more/?#post- 3245185 SUPREME NORTHFACE GALORE

June 16, 2011 @ 11:43 PM
internet

I think I'll be getting a tattoo here towards the end of the summer. Was thinking about getting this but I was curious if I should get it in black and white or color. I've never gotten a tat before so any placement and color ideas are appreciated.

Its Raphael's painting of St. Michael banishing Azazel/Satan to hell.
June 17, 2011 @ 03:01 AM
AG_23

black and grey^
June 17, 2011 @ 08:47 AM
traCk.

I think I'll be getting a tattoo here towards the end of the summer. Was thinking about getting this but I was curious if I should get it in black and white or color. I've never gotten a tat before so any placement and color ideas are appreciated.

not this exact image, but this scene is what im gunna get to start my half sleeve. so personally i think its an awesome idea. i agree to go with blk/grey & shading and if you like the look of color i would splash it in but not the whole thing
June 17, 2011 @ 03:13 PM
internet

not this exact image, but this scene is what im gunna get to start my half sleeve. so personally i think its an awesome idea. i agree to go with blk/grey & shading and if you like the look of color i would splash it in but not the whole thing

Yeah I'll go black and white. Once your get your tat make sure to throw some pictures up bruh. Definitely interested in seeing it.
June 18, 2011 @ 08:57 PM
thenorthside

visualamor.com/post/6672744515/new-york-inked-sucks

NEW YORK INKED SUCKS
posted by Michelle, taken from www.devilcitypress.com/ Dare Devil Tattoo’s blog.
That’s right I said it. People keep asking what we think of the new show and I’d say that about sums it up. I only saw the first episode. We’ve been expecting the worst and it’s the worst. Chris Torres is the only artist in fact from New York and he was cast as TLC’s tattooed answer to Jersey Shore. Their space is reminiscent of the set of Friends. Ami’s shop, or I should say TLC’s new tattoo parlour on Wooster Street is the unrealistic equivalent of Monica’s huge apartment that only a character on TV could afford. All the “I hope I can pay the bills” is a joke. Real life tattoo shops do not have ads on the sides of buses. They’re casting the same sorry customers. Dead babies, cancer, tragic endings are needed for inspirational subject matter. (nothing against memorial tattoos except TLC thinks that’s the only compelling reason to get tattooed)
I’m surprised at how many people actually think there’s any reality involved. The scenarios are scripted it’s become an hour of bad acting and cheesy scripts. As interesting as a tattoo shop can be and as much fun as it is to get glimpses into our customers lives and their motivations for getting tattooed the reality is that these shows are orchesrated by people who have no actual interest in our industry. There is no understanding or appreciation for the truly fascinating stories and backgrounds of the people who come through our doors (not just the sob stories). It’s a caricature written by squares who think they know what a tattoo shop is about. It takes a lot of talent to really portray people’s reality in a way that is respectful and truly compelling. I’m a huge fan of documentaries. I love learning about other people’s realities. But it takes thought and vision to capture that spark that can be so interesting. Something that doesn’t easily fit into the drive by format of a TV series I guess. It’s too bad that there is no respect for our industry involved in the creation of these shows. Tattooing is such a rich subject matter it’s dissapointing to see it dumbed down for the masses but I guess we shouldn’t expect anything else.
By the way shame on TLC for knocking off our friend Mark Mahoney’s shop name SHAMROCK SOCIAL CLUB.

this.

9 to 5 is how to survive, i ain't tryin' to survive. i'm tryin' to live it to the limit and love it a lot

June 18, 2011 @ 09:32 PM
Sponge

If you been in a real tattoo shop, you realize how corny the show is. Especially with medicore artist.

Watched LA ink because Kat is hot & Nikko is one of the top 5 artist in the world.

Maimi ink & LA ink is horrible, even though Garver is a great artist.

http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/forum/topic/su preme-northface-galore-visvim-jkts-more/?#post- 3245185 SUPREME NORTHFACE GALORE

June 18, 2011 @ 11:23 PM
Hybrid Moments

Was gonna give that show a look to see how corny it really is. Seeing as how I've gotten tattooed by Michelle and trust her judgement, I guess that answered my question and I don't have to. Awesome.

Please login first to reply.