FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (48 HOURS ONLY)
April 6, 2011 @ 04:06 PM
JCrewkid

Lol. I originally wanted the tattoo to stop where it's currently at, but before my previous session I told my tattoo artist that I wanted to bring it lower. He suggested that we decide how low to bring it at the last session, so we'll see how that goes. The line is where I want it to be...

Alright, I'm gonna stop talking about my tattoo now... lol

You will regret it if you don't bring it down to your elbow. It just looks weird and kinda incomplete where it's at right now. I'm just giving you an opinion, not hating on you at all.
April 6, 2011 @ 04:10 PM
Dethkiss

its not too hard to tell man...in this one book the muslim dudes with turbans on are all villains, but at the end a dude with a turban saves the day..shit like that

You might be right, but I feel like people were just more openly racist when those books were made. Society changes and stuff becomes unacceptable. Not hating on you or the Tin Tin tatt, just saying.
April 6, 2011 @ 04:14 PM
Koven

You will regret it if you don't bring it down to your elbow. It just looks weird and kinda incomplete where it's at right now. I'm just giving you an opinion, not hating on you at all.

Most of the tattos in this thread are that length. (the length he eventually wants to go)

The whole point of getting that length is so that most t-shirts will cover it. If you make it go down to your elbow then its impossible to conceal it unless your wearing a long sleeve shirt.

My tattoo is around the same length as what he eventually wants to get and I love it. I sometimes wish I could show it off more but thats what tank tops and wife beaters are for.

all I do is sip espressos and listen to AZ -mrelllis.tumblr.com

April 6, 2011 @ 04:32 PM
JCrewkid

Most of the tattos in this thread are that length. (the length he eventually wants to go)

The whole point of getting that length is so that most t-shirts will cover it. If you make it go down to your elbow then its impossible to conceal it unless your wearing a long sleeve shirt.

My tattoo is around the same length as what he eventually wants to get and I love it. I sometimes wish I could show it off more but thats what tank tops and wife beaters are for.

Sounds like regret to me.

By the way a t-shirt will not hide his tattoo in any way unless he's wearing a XXL tee. I'm not a big fan of half sleeve either way, but a 1/4 sleeve just looks ridiculous.
April 6, 2011 @ 06:18 PM
mayimbe181

May you ever go to the Las Vegas tattoo convention during the summer? I went last year and definitely going back this year...

Cali, Puerto rico, N.J, NYC, Philly, Boston and a few lil ones here and there but no Vegas..actually if youre talkin about Mario Barths Biggest tattoo show on earth i attended that where it started in atlantic city and cleaned house in awards at that show..met Ice T, Jim Jones and Phillip Leu there...was amazing..then Barth moved to Vegas and hasnt brought the show back since, and @ whaaat, what is that tattoo of? i see a flower but cannot make out the rest..

WWW.MAYIMBE181.COM @mayimbe181 twitter & Instagram http://vimeo.com/26407824 Jimmy Fallon appearance

April 6, 2011 @ 06:47 PM
Scotty

^ HAHAHA Yeah its Barth's tattoo convention in Vegas... I went last year and shit was a blast! Got to see so many respected artist in the world.. I wanted to get tattooed but they were charging alot more than usually and the ones i wanted were booked.. Maybe this year but i definitely going and its in september.. Sept. 31- oct. 2nd, i gotta grab my 3 day pass soon, its only $100... Definitely going to be a good time again, if u can get out there, let me know! Hopefully more artist confirm so i can see who is showing up and email about getting work done... Full sleeve in a weekend, lets do it! hahah
April 6, 2011 @ 10:37 PM
jeronimo

snapped from iphone. itching to get more stuff done.
April 7, 2011 @ 06:53 PM
Gods Gift

just got my first tat
April 7, 2011 @ 08:06 PM
Hamster Boy

SEQUENCE http://www.sequence.us

April 7, 2011 @ 08:07 PM
soap

swag
April 7, 2011 @ 08:59 PM
vinftw

what font is that ?

FS: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/208326 WTAPS BDU

April 7, 2011 @ 09:51 PM
vin.

supreme font
April 7, 2011 @ 10:25 PM
Herban

u can be sirius....
April 7, 2011 @ 10:31 PM
It's Only Hype

April 9, 2011 @ 11:34 PM
CHOPZZBISCUIT

a work of joe higashi

Kayv: pull bitches, not triggers. throw parties, not fists. futurebass : my mom said life is like a box of kimchi. chopzz.tumblr.com

April 9, 2011 @ 11:44 PM
Beach2theBay

just got my first tat

what's the story behind that if it's not too personal?
April 10, 2011 @ 12:48 AM
mmajuice12

no tattoo for me thank you
April 10, 2011 @ 09:44 AM
Gods Gift

what's the story behind that if it's not too personal?
it means dont give up, like fall down 7 get up 8 which is why its stiched up but not broken.im getting more shit about resilience on that arm.
April 10, 2011 @ 10:12 AM
Sponge

That heart is poorly done sorry.

http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/forum/topic/su preme-northface-galore-visvim-jkts-more/?#post- 3245185 SUPREME NORTHFACE GALORE

April 10, 2011 @ 12:19 PM
NelsS

agreed ^^
April 10, 2011 @ 12:32 PM
Gods Gift

thats alright i like it most importantly and other people who see it in person and not a iphone pic say its dope...loving that hate tho smile
April 10, 2011 @ 03:36 PM
offdee

So, what's the trick for us nobody's to getting into a chair of a well-known/popular artist to get work done?

My target artist at this point is Nick Baxter in Austin, TX. I'm in Milwaukee so can't just drop in. Any tips?
April 10, 2011 @ 04:01 PM
soap

a work of joe higashi

are they fighting or fucking?
April 10, 2011 @ 04:43 PM
jtangtwenty3

lol the placement of the squid is a little suspect. its a pretty legit tat though
April 10, 2011 @ 07:53 PM
Scotty

So, what's the trick for us nobody's to getting into a chair of a well-known/popular artist to get work done?

My target artist at this point is Nick Baxter in Austin, TX. I'm in Milwaukee so can't just drop in. Any tips?

You call the shop, ask for the artist and talk to him about making an appointment... Or ask the person who answers the phone on how you can go about setting up an appointment with that particular artist.. U can get tattooed by any artist unless they are no longer taking appointments at the time! Fellas this shit isnt rocket science, its like calling a store to ask if they have something, come on now... Also if you are to nervous to call then you shouldnt be getting a tattoo...
April 10, 2011 @ 09:14 PM
offdee

You call the shop, ask for the artist and talk to him about making an appointment... Or ask the person who answers the phone on how you can go about setting up an appointment with that particular artist.. U can get tattooed by any artist unless they are no longer taking appointments at the time! Fellas this shit isnt rocket science, its like calling a store to ask if they have something, come on now... Also if you are to nervous to call then you shouldnt be getting a tattoo...

I get it, but at the end of the day we're talking about a service that is visual. Even if you get in touch with them over the phone, won't their first reaction be for you to email them with some inspiration pics or something? The thing with top artists is that they have the luxury to turn away anything that they dont want to do (or for some, projects that arent 20-60 hours worth of time)

Dont disagree with you about calling, but just trying to figure out if calling is better than emailing with concept details, inspiration pics, etc.
April 10, 2011 @ 09:20 PM
Scotty

^ U know how many emails well known artists get daily asking questions about getting tattooed by them? Alot, which they will just end up ignoring or wont get back in to you for awhile.. Reason to call is cause now u have them on phone so you can explain to them and ask about everything.. Then they will prolly tell you to email them if u have anything for them to look at for reference.. Now they will be looking for your email and will keep in contact with you.. Calling shows that you are serious about getting tattooed rather than some people who just email just cause they are thinking about a tattoo.. Also some artist have an application process, in that case you cant call.. But if not just call em up!
April 16, 2011 @ 12:14 PM
bluntokes

Number 11, one day old.

April 16, 2011 @ 01:14 PM
bonemarrow

gonna photoshop myself one just to be cool

http://www.last.fm/user/basedvern

April 16, 2011 @ 01:17 PM
jaded

^^ that's badass

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

Please login first to reply.