March 17, 2007 @ 12:37 AM

Inactive

agnostic, evolution.
March 17, 2007 @ 02:29 AM
Kevin Ma

HYPEBEAST.COM

March 17, 2007 @ 03:18 AM
RoyalCA

Well whoever dies first on hypebeast needs to post something so we'll all know what happens aighttttttttttttttttt

evolution makes me laugh tho...if you think you came from a monkeys ass speak for youself.

peaceee outtt this topic always gets uglyrazz
March 17, 2007 @ 04:47 AM
soundbomber

I don't know if I believe in the Bible. Afterall, the person who wrote it, is he a God? I mean, who decides what goes in the Bible and what doesn't? I believe it may be a symbol of life created by the early Jews, almost like a book of answers to all of life's questions. Something for the Christianity religion to believe in. However this is a very opinionated topic and the answers could be endless.

As for Evolution, I have many reasons as to why I believe it may be true and why it may not be. Though it is interesting that human beings are considered bipedal primates in the family Hominidae (The Great Apes).

I do find this interesting..

March 17, 2007 @ 05:59 AM
owensA

I'm not a fan of organized religion at all, all wars are caused by religion if you look deep enough.

cmon buddy, u know that's not true. Civil War, Revolutionary War, WWI, WWII (no it was not a war on Judaism, although that was a byproduct of it), Vietnam, Iraq War (esp. the first 1, although with the second iraq war u can argue that religion was a factor). And those are just off the top of my head.
March 17, 2007 @ 06:00 AM
owensA

meh if we're wrong we'll be dead thats it, it YOU WRONG ur gonna forever burn in hell, so who has the upper hand?

ya that's some famous philosopher's outlook (Voltaire maybe? some1 give me a hand)
March 17, 2007 @ 08:09 AM
rico227

something i heard once... kinda funny but true to me at the same time...

Jesus is like Santa Clause for adults....

o yea, and im agnostic...
March 17, 2007 @ 12:58 PM
rga125

meh if we're wrong we'll be dead thats it, it YOU WRONG ur gonna forever burn in hell, so who has the upper hand?

I'lll repent before I die, that all forgiving thing is a loop hole
March 17, 2007 @ 01:59 PM
stocklude

I don't label myself as athiest or whatever, but no I don't believe in a higher power. I'm not a fan of organized religion at all, all wars are caused by religion if you look deep enough.

I also think that the bible was just used as a scapegoat to explain things that they didn;t understand at the time, but as science continues to advance, there will be less and less for the bible to try to explain, and hopefully people will come to their senses.

I believe more in evolution that creationism ( which is what I assume you meant by religion? ), but when you think about it they're both faith-based, making evolutionary theory a type of religion in itself.

I'm with this guy. He knows what he's talking about..(i agree with him)
March 17, 2007 @ 02:46 PM
k-nock k-nock

those super religous people are scary
youtube.com/watch?v=JJ5ilsSWvWo
March 17, 2007 @ 02:50 PM
casanova

personally i could careless either way..if its evolution thats cool...if its how its says in the bible thats cool...it doesn't matter to me...so i dont really get into to it..

but as for death...idk...i think there could be something after death...what it is idk..im not sure..i guess i could careless about that too...but i am kind of curious as to what happens after death..
March 17, 2007 @ 06:07 PM
RUBYRHODSOHIP

Personally, I believe in a Higher Being/Power because there has to be some way we are all here including other life forms on Earth. Also, I believe in Jesus and Buddha for the record now, I haven't really reviewed in any other type of belief expect a little of Hindu and Taosim. The Bible and the other types of books(Holy Quran) associated or have similar to views of Christianity is very hard to follow or believe. Some of the Bible's stories and events/things that take place seem very true, but others just remind me of myths.

To say that there isn't no type of Higher being and when we die, we just die seems very "dark" and false to me.
March 17, 2007 @ 06:49 PM
mi1368

I believe in God. I go to a Catholic school and my whole senior year has been centered around the question, "Does God exist?" The class is completely unbiased and perhaps converted kids to atheism and others to theism. I have two things which help me keep my faith in God strong. Miracles...these are things that would not exist if there was no God. So any atheist that believes in miracles is being a hypocrite. Also, where there is a design, there is a designer. I believe the universe is a design, and the universe's designer is God. I know the atheist's that will read this will think I am an idiot, but I don't care...this is what I believe and I consider myself to be a theist.
March 17, 2007 @ 08:56 PM
RUBYRHODSOHIP

^No such thing as luck, it's just a word some english speaking person made up, sike naw like me stop jiving.

Anyways, so if God doesn't help us out on our daily lifes which maybe and probably is true to the one's who have strong opinons about believeing in a higher power/God. Then explain how was we put here, why was we put here, and the final question, who put us here?

No scientist can answer that so I will continue to believe that there is a higher being and just in case there is a after-life(Heaven) or a chance at recarnation, I will always try to be positive, respect life and others since it was given to me by someone or something and I ain't talking about my mom, it's like 13,000 years before that.
March 17, 2007 @ 09:54 PM
rga125

Not believing in a higher power does'nt mean that we are not good people, me for example I have never broken the law in my life,( except underage drinking if that really counts, and given that I am only 18 ). Living my life right has less to do with faith, and more on how my parents raised me.

Does Morals count as religion ???
March 17, 2007 @ 10:48 PM
rayshiest

exactly. you can have morals and ethics and not have a set religion. i've dabbled in buddhism, atheist, agnostic etc. but you ultimately are the one who controls your actions, no ones holding your hand
March 17, 2007 @ 10:54 PM
b00th

theres this article about monkeys hunting with sharpened sticks

+1 evolution
March 17, 2007 @ 11:16 PM
rga125

theres this article about monkeys hunting with sharpened sticks

+1 evolution

I don't know why but that made me laugh
March 18, 2007 @ 12:18 AM
b00th

swear to god haha

i read it on bbc.com

i didn't believe my eyes either, i can't find the article again :/
March 18, 2007 @ 01:48 AM
RoyalCA

those super religous people are scary
youtube.com/watch?v=JJ5ilsSWvWo

dude don't let one crazy ass lady make your opinion on an entire religion...im a christian and i think shes crazy
March 18, 2007 @ 01:49 AM
RoyalCA

I'lll repent before I die, that all forgiving thing is a loop hole

no you got it wrong, your still going to be accounted for the shit you did
March 18, 2007 @ 02:06 AM
rayshiest

heres something i am doing right now for biology homework:

Through natural selection, different types of eyes have emerged in evolutionary history -- and the human eye isn't even the best one, from some standpoints. Because blood vessels run across the surface of the retina instead of beneath it, it's easy for the vessels to proliferate or leak and impair vision. So, the evolution theorists say, the anti-evolution argument that life was created by an "intelligent designer" doesn't hold water: If God or some other omnipotent force was responsible for the human eye, it was something of a botched design

+1 evolution
March 18, 2007 @ 02:30 AM
rayshiest

here; found this too:

Perhaps the first living cells were completely different from what we see today, and no one has yet imagined what they might have been like. Speaking in general terms, life can only have come from one of two possible places:

* Spontaneous creation - Random chemical processes created the first living cell.
* Supernatural creation - God or some other supernatural power created the first living cell.

+1 Religion
March 18, 2007 @ 04:20 AM
PCook

I don't think that the god that's described in any religious texts is "big" enough to fit with the way I view the natural world. There's infinite nuance in nature and in the Bible God just seems way too petty and concerned with things that don't strike me as being particularly important to morality or the natural world.

Plus, if you've ever read a DIRECT, LITERAL translation of the New Testament you'll realize that these people were in fact borderline mentally challenged. It's cleaned up a TON for the versions you see in church.
March 18, 2007 @ 09:55 AM
rga125

heres something i am doing right now for biology homework:

Through natural selection, different types of eyes have emerged in evolutionary history -- and the human eye isn't even the best one, from some standpoints. Because blood vessels run across the surface of the retina instead of beneath it, it's easy for the vessels to proliferate or leak and impair vision. So, the evolution theorists say, the anti-evolution argument that life was created by an "intelligent designer" doesn't hold water: If God or some other omnipotent force was responsible for the human eye, it was something of a botched design

+1 evolution

Ey yo Ray your making us look like Satan loving Heathans lol....
March 18, 2007 @ 12:12 PM
JKISSI

science&evolution = stupid as hell
March 18, 2007 @ 12:27 PM
rga125

science&evolution = stupid as hell

lol .... just wondering what your point of view for human existence ??
March 18, 2007 @ 12:34 PM
sneakerHI

dude don't let one crazy ass lady make your opinion on an entire religion...im a christian and i think shes crazy

damn they are crazy as fuck... what religion was that???
March 18, 2007 @ 01:45 PM
rayshiest

Ey yo Ray your making us look like Satan loving Heathans lol....

naw manm i gave one example helping evolution, and then aother example helping religion, thus showing that i am borderline here,

Please login first to reply.