March 12, 2007 @ 01:31 AM
80's Baby

this sounds a bit racist.

Didn't mean to harm anyone, that's just how I see it...
March 12, 2007 @ 02:21 AM
Aeros

and this is just plain ignorant.

No it's actually the truth. Name another true democracy in the Middle East.
March 12, 2007 @ 03:31 AM
Kevin Ma

Politics threads usually die in flaming.

Please keep this one clean otherwise it will be locked.

HYPEBEAST.COM

March 12, 2007 @ 08:52 AM
~~~~

No it's actually the truth. Name another true democracy in the Middle East.

You hit the nail on the head.

Israel is the only democracy that even vaugely resembles ours.

The rest of the countries are run by human rights violating oil barons and greedy dicatators.
March 12, 2007 @ 11:51 AM
80's Baby

You hit the nail on the head.

Israel is the only democracy that even vaugely resembles ours.

The rest of the countries are run by human rights violating oil barons and greedy dicatators.

OMG

so what do you call Israel then?
March 12, 2007 @ 02:46 PM
Drebrooklyn

all the middle east countries got issues including israel
March 12, 2007 @ 07:10 PM
~~~~

double post.
March 12, 2007 @ 07:10 PM
~~~~

OMG

so what do you call Israel then?

You can't read? lol (kidding)

Israel=Democracy.
Egypt=Western kissing, dictatorship. Coptic Christian haters.
Iran=must we even speak about them?
Iraq=A mess, prior though they had the worst ruler since Stalin and Hitler.
Lebanon=sorta democratic thanks to the 40% Christian minority.
Saudi Arabia= Wahabbi's who love exporting terrorism, also swimming in oil profits. Stuck in stone age
Sudan=Wanna be arabs bent on kissing up to Arabs while exterminating their own kind.
UAE=Emirs swimming in oil profits who say Palestinians don't have an home.

You get the point?
March 13, 2007 @ 02:07 AM
80's Baby

Israel=Democracy.
Saudi Arabia= Wahabbi's who love exporting terrorism, also swimming in oil profits. Stuck in stone age
Sudan=Wanna be arabs bent on kissing up to Arabs while exterminating their own kind.

You get the point?

Obviously you don't know anything about the Middle East...
March 13, 2007 @ 02:24 AM
azfan

Israel=Democracy.

You get the point?

Great objective, patriotic, righteous point of view. If you don't agree, THEN WHY DO YOU HATE AMERICA?!

(p.s. sarcasm)
March 13, 2007 @ 08:49 AM
~~~~

Obviously you don't know anything about the Middle East...

What do you think about those countries? Let's see what you've got to say then.
March 13, 2007 @ 01:58 PM
rga125

^^I think what he is saying is that Israel is the only country that identifies thmselves as Israel. "Kinda Sorta" does not cut it as Democratic, neither does having "assests" that the WEst may find favorable.
March 13, 2007 @ 02:00 PM
rga125

I am basing my statement soley off the my interpretation of What you two are saying. I am not an expert on Middle East Politics, nor do I find it very Interesting to me. I will be attending a Middle East Symposium tomorrow and will try and bring a different light to the discussion.
March 13, 2007 @ 02:33 PM
csn maghr

Israel=Democracy.

You get the point?

wow, so it's the fault of muslims that things are going wrong huh? thanks to the christian 30% of lebanon everything is alright? c'mon man. israel is such a terribly wrong thing. i'm not an anti semite either but i am anti israelist. how could they do that, just planting a country in the middle of the arabic world, stealing land, expanding it still!
why should the arabic world accept israel when israel doesn't accept palestine? plus you really don't want to know how many human rights are broken by the israelis. no you don't want to know.
oh and
did you forget jordania on purpose? because there everything is good innit? but oh damn, they're muslims.
but it's true, there aren't a lot of these countries unfortunately because most of the islamic countries still stick to the old system in which a rich family or clan just owns the whole country. this should change, and someday there will be revolutions in saudi arabia... in all those countries i'm sure. but for now, the saudis are giving the people houses and pay their education to keep em comfy and quiet. panem et cercenses is what they call it. bread and games so they're all content. but when the people try to get their voice out in politics it'll be a revolution.

and the ones organizing the genocide in darfur actually are arabs even though they're relatively dark skinned. so they're killing black people, not their own kind. i'm not trying to defend those idiot bastard since they do not also kill millions of people but also kill their brothers just because their black. and i mean their muslim brothers. some people are still talking about they're trying to force islam onto them. noone cares about that, it's all about the money. it always was and always will. wars are about land or money. not about religion.
in the sudan it's just about getting the oil. same thing happened in nigeria in the 60's. they found oil in the south and the northern people wanted to have their share of it as well. south was christian, north was muslim. but does this matter? naaw.
history is repeating itself. back then the world watched today is the same unfortunately.

... uhm yeah. thanks.
March 13, 2007 @ 06:53 PM
~~~~

[QUOTE=csn maghr
March 13, 2007 @ 06:58 PM
Aeros

wow, so it's the fault of muslims that things are going wrong huh? thanks to the christian 30% of lebanon everything is alright? c'mon man.

No, Lebanon is fucked up, because of Syria's Jihadist symbiont Hezbollah.

israel is such a terribly wrong thing. i'm not an anti semite either but i am anti israelist. how could they do that, just planting a country in the middle of the arabic world, stealing land, expanding it still!

Israel never stole Arab land. Jews bought Palestinian land from Palestinians prior to the creation of the state of Israel, which was mandated by the UNITED NATIONS.

why should the arabic world accept israel when israel doesn't accept palestine?

Israel recognizes Palestine, however they do not recognize the legitimacy of the Palestinian government. And who could blame them, why would any democratic country recognize a group of people that is lead by a TERRORIST ORGANIZATION called HAMAS?

plus you really don't want to know how many human rights are broken by the israelis. no you don't want to know.

Fact: Israel is the only nation in the Mideast that operates under the rule of law. Its record on human rights compares favorably to that of any country in the world that has faced comparable dangers (i.e. terrorist attacks, suicide bombings, etc.). Its Supreme Court is among the best in the world, and it has repeatedly overruled the army and the government and made them operate under the rule of law. Israel has among the best records in the world with regards to the rights of woman, gays, and the physically and mentally challenged, and so on. It also has freedom of speech, press, dissent, association, and RELIGION.
The Palestinian Authority, on the other hand, shows NO RESPECT for human rights. It TORTURES and KILLS alleged collaborators without even a semblance of due process (aka without consulting the law). It tolerates little dissent and it is intolerant of alternative lifestyles. Palestinian propagandists, which clearly you have fallen victim to, invoke "human rights" merely as a tactic against Israel.

did you forget jordania on purpose? because there everything is good innit? but oh damn, they're muslims.

Actually I don't remember JORDANIA, but I do remember JORDAN. Do you remember something called Black September? Well let me teach you a little history. Before you start jumping on Israel's case remember that Arabs have killed more of their own people. As a result of the six-day war between Israel and Palestine in 1967 hundreds of thousands of Palestinian refugees fled to Jordan. From 1970 to 1971 King Hussein of Jordan grew tired of the militant PLO refugees, who at one point even attempted to assassinate the King, and started to throw them out of Jordan by force. In September of 1970 the Jordanian attacks against Palestinian refugees reached an all time high in a ten-day period, which today is known as the events of Black September. During that ten-day period in September of 1970 King Hussein ordered the death of upwards of 5,000 Palestinians, which is more Palestinians causalities than Palestine has suffered as a result of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict in the past 20 years.
March 13, 2007 @ 07:57 PM
~~~~

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="5"]Preach brotha!!!!!!![/SIZE][/FONT]
March 13, 2007 @ 08:53 PM
damnwitless1

Palestine = bad, but it's their land

Israel = good, but they have no right to be there

my we've got ourselves quite a conundrum here don't we?

All I do is smoke weed and listen to MF DOOM innercitykidsmusic.com

March 14, 2007 @ 01:12 AM
Aeros

bumped for education purposes.
March 14, 2007 @ 11:05 AM
PCook

whatever beliefs you have regarding the "laws" of Israel, the Israeli military has proven time and again that it has NO regard for the rights or dignity of its neighbors.

don't pull the fucking terrorism card. If you don't have the military resources to defend yourself from the regional hegemon (which only exists because of US money and equipment), you turn to terrorism. Is this a good thing? Of course not. Is it defendable? That, to me, is up for contention. It's certainly no worse than the Israeli rocket attacks on Lebanon.

Besides, who gives a shit about "laws" when you have soldiers on both sides killing children, burning houses, etc? We can all sit back and throw around ideals like "laws" and "government ethics" from our comfy american lives, but imposing our western ideas of society on the middle east through Israel is the root of the problem. Look at it from an Arab perspective for once.
March 14, 2007 @ 11:23 AM
magneticman

you dont knwo what you're on about if you say dick riding comrades tbh..

This topic is closed, replies are no longer accepted.