Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
December 30, 2006 @ 01:33 AM
ice grillz

so i am going back to college this coming january and wanted to know if anyone took online courses.
how does that shit work and is it better to go to class or is going virtual better in 2007?

also, anyone majoring in marketing or business? any advice?

unless you are a 14 year old baby genius that finished college already, don't bother blabbering your mouth here. do it in 1,000 page thread.

TOP $$$ FOR - SUPREME ROSARY TEE/CREWNECK SIZE MED.

December 30, 2006 @ 01:37 AM
phillllip408

theres lots of great reasons to go to class &)
December 30, 2006 @ 01:43 AM
ice grillz

i guess you pay lots of money to go to school to just to stare at girls.

TOP $$$ FOR - SUPREME ROSARY TEE/CREWNECK SIZE MED.

December 30, 2006 @ 01:53 AM
phillllip408

yessir i go to ucsd
December 30, 2006 @ 02:49 AM
focus

Online classes are boring, you can meet new friends/people in collage and have fun, party. But what should I know? I'm 13.
December 30, 2006 @ 03:14 AM
CodRecords1

I Took a financial accounting class online and lets just say thats not the best class to take online...I thought I Could learn stuff on my own by just reading the book but its nice sometimes to have a teacher teach it to you...So depending on your learning style, online classes may be or may not be for you
December 30, 2006 @ 10:15 AM
Kevin Ma

Going to class always helps for meeting people.

But if you're smart enough to learn everything yourself, then class isn't that much use.

HYPEBEAST.COM

December 30, 2006 @ 10:24 AM
Lostbryan

if you dont go to class how are you going to cheat on the test?
December 30, 2006 @ 12:51 PM
blah

Some classes work better online. From my experience I wouldn't take a class online unless it is some general requirement that really isn't important. I learn more showing up to class and like every1 else said, it also gives you a chance to network with people that you might be in future classes with or whatever.
December 30, 2006 @ 12:54 PM

Inactive

I think it depends on your learning abilities and skills. If you learn better having things explained to you then take in-school classes, but if you can read things and understand them without demonstrations or instructions then you sould be fine for online classes.
December 30, 2006 @ 12:59 PM
GMoney

if you have enough self-control and concentration and self discipline to take an online course and get everything done then go for it because you can do the course as fast as you want or push it to the deadline of the class. i cant take an online class personally because i cant stay focused by myself for that long like you would have to but if you think you can do it then by all means go for it. but just make sure you take some actual classes w/ an instructor/professor for the social aspect of school. dont get behind on that part too!
December 30, 2006 @ 01:01 PM
jaythestar

I go to park university in missouri. and I take online courses. That shit is rough. I usually try to do all the homework and reply to as much as I can so I can maintain an A throughout the course. the finals are usually closed book, so it is a bit tough to remember all the info. My major is Marketing/Management. I have about 6 classes to go. I'm also taking a intro to stats class at Irvine Valley College. But that class is going to be traditional in class.
December 30, 2006 @ 05:21 PM
passivaggressiv

I took my last 9 classes via the online option. Some classes are great, some aren't.

I never took a Finance/Acct. course online, but have come across some that did. They say it was much more difficult to grasp concepts/formulas/etc.

I took online classes for subjects like Psychology, Economics, E-Commerce III, etc.

It was great in that I don't have to drive to class, I don't have to sit through a lecture, etc. I could go through the course anytime before the end of the week, I was able to read through lectures/chapters at 8:00am, 12:00am, 11:00pm or whenever time was available.

I also saved time in that I didn't have to drive to class (simply go to my computer log-in, and start learning). Furthermore, with a campus-class, you are on a schedule, therefore, if class is on 8:30am on a Thursday, you either go or you miss class. With the online course, you have the whole week to get through it.

Downsides are that you don't meet new people (which can be a good thing for some people). It may cost more. Some people aren't self-motivated enough to get through it by themselves, these people need an instructor to "push them". They may not be able to manage time on their own. It also allows you to procrastinate and push things off until that last minute.

Blah blah blah....give it a try for a couple of courses and see how you like it.
December 30, 2006 @ 05:27 PM
Freshcity

go to class. finish my applications.
December 31, 2006 @ 01:13 AM
Beacons_home

I would go to class because I think you would be more able to meet friends and also interacte with others and your professor easier. I have not taken any online classes and probably never will, because a Chemistry Major/Business Administration Minor really need attention in classroom enviroments.smile

Please login first to reply.