Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
October 29, 2007 @ 01:33 AM
Sea-town

It chills the smoke! You can hardly even feel when you take a hit.
October 29, 2007 @ 01:40 AM
iDANYO

oh my god...I shall do that
October 29, 2007 @ 06:18 AM
Swoooka

there should be a WDYST (What Did You Smoke Today) thread

cool
October 29, 2007 @ 03:11 PM
Langox510x

I thought my boys facebook pic was pretty funny.smile

October 29, 2007 @ 03:19 PM
slsk

whoa...What does the ice do? I've never seen that

suprised
October 29, 2007 @ 03:19 PM
Langox510x

Just thought my boy's facebook pic was fitting for the discussion.
October 29, 2007 @ 03:41 PM
Christdawg

^That pic is Wreckless.
October 29, 2007 @ 11:34 PM
Jon's_Coffee_Shop

It chills the smoke! You can hardly even feel when you take a hit.

wo! did not know that. thanks for sharing man.

^That pic is Wreckless.

*Freeky Zeeky* Hata watchu lookin at? go n' get dem papa stackz. *Freeky Zeeky*
October 30, 2007 @ 10:21 AM
KUSH

using ice is bad for you. don't do it... just get a better bong with a diffusor
October 30, 2007 @ 10:23 AM
urnewpants

ice isnt bad for you you moron
October 30, 2007 @ 10:29 AM
iDANYO

I don't understand why frozen water would be bad for you...ever
October 30, 2007 @ 10:33 AM
Quick Draw

yeah. it's not. he's an idiot.
October 30, 2007 @ 10:56 AM
iDANYO

I heard drinking a glass of water a day is bad for you...

>_< haha
October 30, 2007 @ 02:16 PM
Christdawg

October 30, 2007 @ 07:08 PM
morcel87

kermit smokes chewy like a mutherfuckin nut!
October 30, 2007 @ 09:31 PM
KUSH

you guys don't know shit.

do you guys have anything to prove me wrong?

you can get pneumonia from using an icecatcher. it's because there is moisture entering your lungs. it might not affect you if you do it once in a while but if your hitting a icecatcher daily, you're going to get sick.

another thing you might not know - holding in the smoke doesn't get you any higher and is worse for you.
October 30, 2007 @ 10:02 PM
Spens.

at 7 weeks, just two to go!

one of the smaller nugs

some premature i cut off a week ago. kinda fluffy
October 31, 2007 @ 01:11 AM
Mute

you guys don't know shit.

do you guys have anything to prove me wrong?

you can get pneumonia from using an icecatcher. it's because there is moisture entering your lungs. it might not affect you if you do it once in a while but if your hitting a icecatcher daily, you're going to get sick.

another thing you might not know - holding in the smoke doesn't get you any higher and is worse for you.

first point is true. repetitive use of an icecatcher will get you sick. dunno if it will be pneumonia tho.

second point i disagree. the longer you hold the smoke in your lungs, the longer the contents of that smoke have to absord through the pores in your lungs into your bloodstream. this includes both the carcinogenic compounds, which are harmful, as well as THC, which is what we're all going for smile here's the evidence: when someone shotguns a hit to someone else (inhales the smoke as its being exhaled from someone elses mouth), the hit decreases in potency the longer it has been held in the lungs of the original smoker.

thatdude, LET IT CURE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD that stuff looks great, even tho it's prema you can still get it some jars and let it sit for a good few months. dont do yourself a disservice of being impatient!
October 31, 2007 @ 01:53 PM
Christdawg

October 31, 2007 @ 02:36 PM
Christdawg

October 31, 2007 @ 03:45 PM

Using ICE also cools down the smoke making the contents more likely to stick to your alveoli and causing more lung tissue damage. I read this somewhere, I forgot where, but I'll try to find the source.
October 31, 2007 @ 04:40 PM
owensA

^^ at the same time a good deal of the damage done from smoking weed is due to the fact that super heated smoke particles are hitting your lungs so in that aspect an ice bong reduces one of the health risks from smoking. On the whole though, I don't know if ice bongs are better or worse for you. People breathe in water vapor all the time though (ever been in a shower? ) so I don't think that that'd matter. Hopefully someone has some sort of definitive source for this subject. Someone ask their doctor, they'll surely give you an answer as they'd like you to do the least amount of damage to your body as possible.

Also, if they stick to your alveoli more shouldn't that get you more high as that is how the THC is taken into your body?

Also, passing the smoke through water should filter out some water soluble chemicals that are unhealthy and carcinogenic I'd assume? Not sure bout that though, I'm not a chem major but that's what my elementary knowledge of chemistry would lead me to assume.

ps.
Ice bongs definitely do NOT cause pneumonia. And yes holding in the smoke matters.
October 31, 2007 @ 05:35 PM
Mute

^^ passing smoke through water does filter out the water soluble carcinogenic compounds. that's the idea behind multiple chambers and percolation is that the smoke is continuously re-filtered as it passes through the different stages of your piece.

also, thanks for confirming that ice doesn't give you pnuemonia. i didn't think it did either. the point you make about the water vapor is true, but i think the reason why ice gets you sick is because of the temperature of the air/vapor. i imagine that it would have to be long term, intensive inhalation to induce any sort of disorder/sickness - look at eskimoes and other people indigineous to cold climates. i don't know whether they all suffer some affliction, but their longevity would insinuate that there are no major negative consequences.

i don't think THC can physically stick to your alveoli, only the thicker carcinogenic coupounds. i don't know the physiology very well, but as i understand it the THC that isn't absorbed through them is regurgitated via exhalation. how else would one explain contact highs?
October 31, 2007 @ 07:47 PM
KUSH

5. Don't hold your breath, just inhale deeply... - Holding your breath in attempt to take in more of the active ingredients in smoked cannabis doesn't work. At all. The most extreme version of breath-holding is called the Valsalva maneuver, where you forcibly hold your breath, as if you were trying to equalize the pressure on your eardrums while scuba diving. Studies were done where subjects were asked to perform this maneuver after inhaling cannabis smoke. Surprisingly, it didn't increase the amount of THC they received. This might be due to how quickly THC passes through the wall of the human lung. Cornerstone recommends just inhaling deeply, then immediately exhaling. Breath-holding while smoking cannabis is a hard habit to break, but you'll get less tar in your lungs and all of the effect.
November 1, 2007 @ 07:15 PM
chopstickthugz

i remember from wikipedia saying one should hold the smoke at least for about 5 sec and exhale... (could be urban legend)

it's great see stoners with knowledge because KNOWLEDGE IS FUCKIN' POWER

GET HIGH AND FLY HIGH
November 1, 2007 @ 08:08 PM
ichapelle

5. Don't hold your breath, just inhale deeply... - Holding your breath in attempt to take in more of the active ingredients in smoked cannabis doesn't work. At all...

Whatever.
November 1, 2007 @ 08:22 PM
lookingforahat

what up. i mainly use this site to lurk the music section but i was doing a search on affliction t shirts and this was the top thread. and being pretty blazed i knew i couldnt pass it up. seems like just my thread, a long running conversation on a subject that i am very fond of. cool

November 1, 2007 @ 09:37 PM
Quick Draw

i only usually hold about five seconds. that's a good middle ground i feel.

god damn though. my dude had an eighth of homegrown sour bubble. i am ripped.
November 2, 2007 @ 08:11 AM
Christdawg

Lookingforahat you must have been stoned if your looking up Affliction T's.
November 2, 2007 @ 05:47 PM
soundbomber

This is why I love Seattle, we got that funk.

This topic is closed, replies are no longer accepted.