July 17, 2014 @ 12:00 AM
NapoleonComplex

Its just so sobering to see the homeless in DC. 

I saw a homeless dude on Monday with dreadlocks all the way down to his knees and he was atleast 6'2 or above, with no shirt on jeans shorts that were torn and dirt stained walking aimlessly through Dupont Circle. 

Yesterday was like monsoon weather in DC and I was driving home from work and saw a homeless dude carting all his belongings in like a rig shaw sort of thing. As he was getting closer and closer to the side walk I noticed a big ass puddle and within seconds a car comes speeding by him and splashes all the water on the dude and his rig shaw, I could hear the homeless dude screaming and cursing in anger from my car with the windows up across the street.

Whenever I take the metro and get off at Foggy Bottom-GWU station there is always a disabled man in a wheel chair unable to speak but with a sign and a cup for change.
On my way walking to work on K Street there is a man with a rig shaw and he sells thrown out antiques, books, and DC collectibles for tourists. Some of the books he had were Siddhartha, The Stranger, The Count of Monte Cristo and he was reading Tom Clancy's Hunt for Red October. In the evenings he finds shade by a tree on the bridge that separates Georgetown and Foggy Bottom, and he is sometimes watching something on his portable TV thingy. 

Today though I saw where the homeless of Georgetown and Foggy Bottom live. from K street before you go into Georgetown you can see the Watergate Buildings, right underneath the buildings is an overpass and I saw a very very large sign that said "PLEASE HELP HOMELESS" and from my immediate estimates there may have been somewhere between 30-40 ppl living down there in that overpass. (It would make for an excellent picture, a symbol of American Political Scandals towering over the forgotten Americans, but I'm not a photographer....)

I don't know if you guys have heard of Georgetown but it is the wealthiest of the wealthy areas in the DMV and to see so many homeless in such a dire need upsets me. But of course being the typical pussy American that I am, I'd much rather complain about it on an internet forum instead getting out there and helping them....

Anyway what the Homeless like in your city? 

FUCK DREWBACCA | smh fuck REVS to....

July 17, 2014 @ 12:02 AM
meFLOW

who gives a shit

fuck em 

2013 summer fit battle champion buying 7.5 visvim kiefers eFLOW

July 17, 2014 @ 12:22 AM
Tyler Bailey

mannn half these "homeless people" be out here scamming the fuck out of people, beggin nshit then driving home at night in they bimmer
July 17, 2014 @ 12:43 AM
bjornvan

positives of staying in the country, no homeless people.
negatives of staying in the country. No homeless people to cut the grass for $10 or wash your car for $5... I miss the mp3 players, cellphones and toaster ovens too.
Homeless people got their purposes I suppose..
July 17, 2014 @ 12:57 AM
meFLOW

negatives of staying in the country. No homeless people to cut the grass for $10 or wash your car for $5... I miss the mp3 players, cellphones and toaster ovens too.
niggas already biting my style 2012 bitchboy

2013 summer fit battle champion buying 7.5 visvim kiefers eFLOW

July 17, 2014 @ 01:33 AM
paradoxx

"your homeless people" we don't own them, they're not in our possession 
July 17, 2014 @ 01:37 AM
AmericanLegend

who gives a shit

fuck em 
qft

taste the glamour

July 17, 2014 @ 01:46 AM
Chaudry

I'm right outside DC and know the areas you're talking about. Now I'm not saying I don't feel bad for the genuinely unfortunate who are not capable of providing for themselves... but there are a lot of homeless people out there for reasons that point back to themselves.  Ever tried buying a coffee or a sandwich for one of those guys in DC?  They'll throw it back in your face. If it's not loot, they don't want it.

UnitedClothingCompany.com | Instagram - @UnitedClothingCompany | Facebook.com/untdbrand

July 17, 2014 @ 01:50 AM
bjornvan

niggas already biting my style 2012 bitchboy
mines better tho
July 17, 2014 @ 01:53 AM
REVS

Two types of homeless I've come across are Philly and Pittsburgh homeless.

Philly homeless are the worst from what I've seen, there's so many homeless people in Philadelphia it's absurd. Especially ones just floating around Temple to be specific because they know there's ton's of white teenagers every year that flock to the school in the city, who never have lived in it. IE potentially easy targets. I've had every story told to me, from homeless asking for change simply because they want a 40, or others who stand there telling me an intricate story of how there sick kid is at CHOP across the city and need money for SEPTA. 

As far as Pittsburgh homeless go, kinda different. There aren't as many, and the ones who are, are pretty well known, at least, in the part of Pittsburgh I live in. Kids aren't bombarded by them begging, they usually just relax on a main street and kids will stop and talk with them, give them a cigarette or some change, even I do. But again, I don't frequent places like Homewood, or The Hill District so I don't know how the homeless are in those areas of the city, but I'm sure it's an issue

I prefer carcinogens to endorphins.

July 17, 2014 @ 02:03 AM
brittneykitty

bro u got mexicans and 14 year olds who can do tht stuff same price, probably do tht stuff better than a hobo too

the front of the mazzi look like a fork dont it

July 17, 2014 @ 02:19 AM
Captain Al

I don't see any homeless in my part of Columbus, mainly cuz it's the suburbs. But when I go to work there's this black couple, both obese that just chill on a lawn chair all day, rain or sun. They have big bags and shit. They don't beg, they just sit there and chill.

Only homeless I've truly acknowledge

tumblr: bankpaper.tumblr.com Instagram: @bankpaper

July 17, 2014 @ 02:41 AM
NapoleonComplex

Two types of homeless I've come across are Philly and Pittsburgh homeless.

Philly homeless are the worst from what I've seen, there's so many homeless people in Philadelphia it's absurd. Especially one just floating around Temple to be specific because they know there's ton's of white teenagers every year that flock to the school in the city, never who have lived in it. IE potentially easy targets. I've had every story told to me, from homeless asking for change simply because they want a 40, or others who stand there telling me an intricate story of how there sick kid is at CHOP across the city and need money for SEPTA. 

As far as Pittsburgh homeless go, kinda different. There aren't as many, and the ones who are, are pretty well known, at least, in the part of Pittsburgh I live in. Kids aren't bombarded by them begging, they usually just relax on a main street and kids will stop and talk with them, give them a cigarette or some change, even I do. But again, I don't frequent places like Homewood, or The Hill District so I don't know how the homeless are in those areas of the city, but I'm sure it's an issue
yea i live out in the suburbs of DC in Montgomery County. In my neighborhood there is this dude named Vlad (i think?; he's russian) but everyone calls him the "Burtonsville/BriggsChaney Walker" because no matter what at 4:00PM ran or shine Vlad is walking to the 711 next to the mattress store to get cigarettes. They even made an FB page about him https://www.facebook.com/pages/Briggs-Chaney-Walker/108810285811574?fref=nf

FUCK DREWBACCA | smh fuck REVS to....

July 17, 2014 @ 02:52 AM
Sentimental

Growing up there was this japanese homeless guy who lived at the park next to my school. Homie was cool as fuck, not in the sense of buying alcohol, but dude like took an oathe of silence. Im cheritable so when ever I can I'd give him something and he'd do that samurai bow. Dude was fit like bruce lee because at night, dude is hitting them exercise polls. I can't remember much because im really stoned right now, but if I remember I might post again. But I don't reallly know if I can because my hands are typing by itself.cool sentiments to all them cool hobos
July 17, 2014 @ 05:05 AM
blackice445

I don't really care about the homeless to be honest. I think they're homeless for a reason. Maybe they are lazy or just plain up pieces of shit. I could never imagine myself homeless no matter the circumstances Even if I lost my job and my home, I would still have somewhere to stay because I have people who love me and would let me stay in there house. You telling me that these homeless people have no one that will allow them to stay in there house? Why not? Maybe it's cause nobody loves them because they're bad people. Maybe everybody they know has turned their backs on them and now they're getting what they deserve. 
July 17, 2014 @ 05:40 AM
Panther.

I don't really care about the homeless to be honest. I think they're homeless for a reason. Maybe they are lazy or just plain up pieces of shit. I could never imagine myself homeless no matter the circumstances Even if I lost my job and my home, I would still have somewhere to stay because I have people who love me and would let me stay in there house. You telling me that these homeless people have no one that will allow them to stay in there house? Why not? Maybe it's cause nobody loves them because they're bad people. Maybe everybody they know has turned their backs on them and now they're getting what they deserve. 

What the fuck are you even saying? Have you ever thought that some of these people have mental disorders and/or no family? Many kids are fucking born into homelessness. If you never went to school/had an opportunity to make friends because you were always so dirty, you couldn't get a job, and your parents (who may not even have a home) died, then you think you might be able to picture yourself homeless then? Most of these people would kill for a shower and a shave, giving them just the slightest opportunity to go into McDonald's and apply for a job.

Out of all my time on Hypebeast, this is the most fucking stupid, least coherent sincere post I have ever seen, point blank.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Florida State Seminole

July 17, 2014 @ 06:46 AM
Fitch

Last homeless folks I saw were a family. There was a man, his wife/girlfriend, two children, and a huge pregnant belly. I wasn't sympathetic to their plight (even assuming they weren't scamming). Rather, I was enraged at the irresponsibility of having children when they were clearly in no position to do so. Then, on top of that, they want bystanders to finance their dumbfuckery. I understand being poor as shit; I've been there myself. But I resent this demanded collective responsibility we pile on top of our own bad situations that were caused by our own stupidity.

Usually, however, I find the average homeless person much more tolerable. There's good ones, there's bad ones. I can actually sympathize with someone just "down on their luck" versus being a true fucking dipshit.
July 17, 2014 @ 08:51 AM
AndreLutherKing

LA has the weirdest homeless people. You see niggas sitting on glass for $17. Niggas jerking off in front of McDonald's. Niggas jerking off in McDonald's. A lot of homeless niggas jerking off. Fuck Homeless people

Chicks barely dancin, glancin every chance they get, like - oh shit, he's so HANSUM

July 17, 2014 @ 11:52 AM
chimpskibot

^lol sounds like hobo with a shotgun. But back on topic the homeless population in Philly is disgusting worse than Manhattan IMO and I frequent both cities. I would say these cities need better rehabilitation programs for the chronic homeless I.e. The ones who live outside, panhandle, don't seek to better there condition, etc. Furthermore I agree with du above me saying it's wrong for the homeless to have children, that puts a burden on the parents, children, and society as a whole over time and is truly sickening that this occurs in a "modernized" society.
July 17, 2014 @ 01:01 PM
IH8Fakes

What the fuck are you even saying? Have you ever thought that some of these people have mental disorders and/or no family? Many kids are fucking born into homelessness. If you never went to school/had an opportunity to make friends because you were always so dirty, you couldn't get a job, and your parents (who may not even have a home) died, then you think you might be able to picture yourself homeless then? Most of these people would kill for a shower and a shave, giving them just the slightest opportunity to go into McDonald's and apply for a job.

Out of all my time on Hypebeast, this is the most fucking stupid, least coherent sincere post I have ever seen, point blank.
Thanks for your fake liberal bullshit. Don't pretend to be on some moral high horse when I'm sure don't like sitting next to a fucking bum on your morning commute to work. Fuck all the homeless. And if they have mental disorders? Too bad, go see a doctor and leave without paying the bill. Born into homelessness? Really? Tell me, how many homeless women have you seen go into labor while sitting underneath a bridge? Go fuck yourself and if you feel so bad about the homeless then go live with them you tree hugging fairy bitch. 
July 17, 2014 @ 02:16 PM
cake.

homeless ppl in tucson are mad sketchy 

a lot of them are on drugs and act exactly like zombies 
July 17, 2014 @ 03:50 PM
drtmcgrt

in stockholm we mostly have gipsy beggars. nobody likes them cuz they're in your face shaking their fucking cups yelling "PLEASEUHHH PLEASE". or they show up in the subway carts playing "speak softly love". or they leave like little messages with a pic of "their kid" saying the child is in need of help and they need money to pay for the hospital bills or whatever. 

when i'm on my way to c store i always see a woman in her 20s sitting there by the escalator, at least 2 times i've seen her sons walk by checking up on her, tucking her blankets in etc. and these dudes rock new adidas, nice clothes, track suits etc. might also be dudes from an organised gang who control all the gipsy beggars. 

http://instagram.com/rasheedovich/

July 17, 2014 @ 05:51 PM
Belak

Thanks for your fake liberal bullshit. Don't pretend to be on some moral high horse when I'm sure don't like sitting next to a fucking bum on your morning commute to work. Fuck all the homeless. And if they have mental disorders? Too bad, go see a doctor and leave without paying the bill. Born into homelessness? Really? Tell me, how many homeless women have you seen go into labor while sitting underneath a bridge? Go fuck yourself and if you feel so bad about the homeless then go live with them you tree hugging fairy bitch. 

LOL spoken like a true privileged little fuck. Mental healthcare is one of the most neglected medical issues in our nation and you think you can just go to a doctor and get a simple diagnosis and leave? Mental disorders are on another level of diagnosis and symptoms vary from person to person due to the fact our minds are fucking subjective to mental perceptions. There are people who develop disorders later in the life and slowly lose everything before they finally deteriorate into homelessness. The fact of the matters is that nobody cares about you in this world and if you don't have the money your written the fuck off.
July 17, 2014 @ 05:52 PM
cformusic

damn..we hating on homeless people now..tough crowd

http://cformusic.com

July 17, 2014 @ 06:01 PM
Panther.

LOL spoken like a true privileged little fuck. Mental healthcare is one of the most neglected medical issues in our nation and you think you can just go to a doctor and get a simple diagnosis and leave? Mental disorders are on another level of diagnosis and symptoms vary from person to person due to the fact our minds are fucking subjective to mental perceptions. There are people who develop disorders later in the life and slowly lose everything before they finally deteriorate into homelessness. The fact of the matters is that nobody cares about you in this world and if you don't have the money your written the fuck off.

Word. IH8Fakes, you're a radical GOP dumbshit who has no idea what they're talking about. I literally cackled at your fucking stupid comment. If they went to the doctor and left without paying the bill, you would be the first to scream because your tax dollars are being used. Also, you think mental disorders have a one-time treatment they can use then just leave from the doctor's office without paying? Nice logic you incoherent fuck.

Furthermore, I cannot fucking believe the stupidity of you asking me how many homeless people I have seen go into labor. Do I need to explain that I don't have to see people go into labor to know these children are born into homeless families, or are you actually that fucking vapid? I ran a club at my high school and donated over $2900 to homeless through projects, so don't give me that fucked up mentality that I sit here not doing shit.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Florida State Seminole

July 17, 2014 @ 07:16 PM
bjornvan

Its funny how shitty people get mad at people for actually caring.. I guess that's why they are shitty.. FYI not all homeless people live under bridges, there are homeless shelters..There are homeless shelters for single mothers and their kids too
July 17, 2014 @ 08:38 PM
blackice445

First off I doubt my post was the dumbest, least coherent  you've seen on hb. It was not necessary at all to go there. But  I agree my post was very ignorant. I did not consider the fact that people are born into homelessness. I wonder how many homeless people actually fit your description though. The homeless people I know became homeless out of their own laziness, and negligent behavior. I have a friend who is now homeless and he was a complete piece of shit and he does not suffer from any mental illness's.  His parents kicked him out for being an insubordinate  ass and after he was a kicked out  a few our mutual friends let him crash at their house and he ended up stealing from all of them. So my original post might have been ignorant but I'm betting there a good amount of homeless people that are shitty people in general but also some that just have bad luck.

Edit: Are there really kids born into homelessness, in America? Wouldn't they be put into an orphanage, or foster home if their parents couldn't provide a roof over their head? 
July 17, 2014 @ 08:41 PM
blackice445

Last homeless folks I saw were a family. There was a man, his wife/girlfriend, two children, and a huge pregnant belly. I wasn't sympathetic to their plight (even assuming they weren't scamming). Rather, I was enraged at the irresponsibility of having children when they were clearly in no position to do so. Then, on top of that, they want bystanders to finance their dumbfuckery. I understand being poor as shit; I've been there myself. But I resent this demanded collective responsibility we pile on top of our own bad situations that were caused by our own stupidity.

Usually, however, I find the average homeless person much more tolerable. There's good ones, there's bad ones. I can actually sympathize with someone just "down on their luck" versus being a true fucking dipshit.
This is exactly how I look at it. 
July 17, 2014 @ 08:56 PM
jjapplesauce

Are homeless people ever that different?  I mean in my city they are missing teeth, ragged clothes, smell, drink and do drugs, and well homeless.  Alot of homeless in my area hang out around some of the most popular bars in town.  They are almost always lingering around there on a friday or saturday night asking for shit.  Most are trashed/shit faced worse than anybody in the freakin bar lol. 

Side story- met this one homeless dude at the local skatepark and he told my friend and I some gnarly ass stories.  Dude said he got attacked by a wolf or something when he was younger lol....shit was crazy.
July 17, 2014 @ 09:50 PM
carloz1989

DTLA without a doubt has the worst homeless people. Homeless dudes shitting literally in broad day light in the middle of the street during rush hour. Smoking crack in public without any discretion. Jacking off literally EVERYWHERE. Shits annoying as fuck.

Please login first to reply.