Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
June 17, 2014 @ 09:10 PM
Mah Nigga

^they did not watch it . too boring bro.

nah for real, its just culture. Football is european. And wherever europe has been , they took football with them.

Americans were obviously too proud to let Europeans import something on their land.

But u got baseball basketball and foot us. thats okay.
June 17, 2014 @ 09:11 PM
all_seeing_eye

can someone explain to me why los angeles doesn't have a football team?

http://bit.ly/U7UkoF

June 17, 2014 @ 09:12 PM
artsu10

lack of tradition..2 things i think can change the perception are 1) if we can ever develop a true world-class player..2) the USMNT makes a deep Cup run (i.e. semis or better)
It's still the most popular sport in my country, even we don't (maybe never) play in the world cup like the USA.

instagram @artsu10

June 17, 2014 @ 09:15 PM
octose

In most countries around the world Soccer has been a cultural remnant of bringing together the community, and promoting massive social change.

In South Africa you had Rugby becoming the leading "activity" that brought together a nation to rid Apartheid

In the United States Baseball has become our pasttime because of the change and "meaning" it has brought to the states, where racial segregation was heavily overcome through our sports.

In Europe, Soccer is just culture. like elsewhere, it's been employed for ages, and the countries have been accustomed to having it be apart of their "pasttimes".

Sports aren't just about the sport, it's about the culture. You don't just go to a game and "watch" it, you buy a beer or two, go with a few friends, buy a few dogs. You go for the experience, and you celebrate sports because of a shared experience. I think in the US we are just fairly new in terms of professional Soccer, where we really haven't had a massive watching base nationwide until just recently, because it is slowly becoming apart of our culture. We also have a culture filled with various sports, whereas in most European countries Soccer is the only big sport to watch or play.

In heaven, all the interesting people are missing. - Friedrich Nietzsche // Youtube.com/thephuzz

June 17, 2014 @ 09:18 PM
Mah Nigga

you forgot to say that u play sports.

2 millions of people in France play football in a club. Thats enormous.
June 17, 2014 @ 09:19 PM
ThaGoldenBoy

Americans don't seem to get football or football culture, many literally only associate with the Premier league. Americans are getting into football when its in its least romantic stage.
June 17, 2014 @ 09:26 PM
ThaGoldenBoy

soccer would be amazing if they got rid of the offside rule. scoring would be in the 20-30s per game and the usa would pay more attention, but the billionaires who run soccer are too stupid to see the money waiting for them.
Yeah the offside rule some bullshit. 

Even if they don't completely eliminate it, FIFA needs to change it. A team shouldn't be punished because a player managed to beat the defense
What the heck. Go and watch something else then
June 17, 2014 @ 09:31 PM
Erfworm

That offside rule comment shows that he doesnt quite get it. It is there so the striker almost HAS to always beat the defence at the point of a pass, through ball, cross etc.
June 17, 2014 @ 10:49 PM
It's Only Hype

the sport, it's about the culture. You don't just go to a game and "watch" it, you buy a beer or two, go with a few friends, buy a few dogs. You go for the experience, and you celebrate sports because of a shared experience. I think in the US we are just fairly new in terms of professional Soccer, where we really haven't had a massive watching base nationwide until just recently, because it is slowly becoming apart of our culture. We also have a culture filled with various sports, whereas in most European countries Soccer is the only big sport to watch or play.
on the flip side, it's cool to see how Basketball has grown in Europe and Asia. Spain actually gives the US team close games in the olympics, and there are a lot of intl players in the NBA (as well as US pros and prospects playing overseas).
Anyway, random thought

/offtopic
June 17, 2014 @ 10:55 PM
D1Sellout

I think another reason is because we don't have club programs like other countries. 

Everywhere else sports run through clubs, which means they can play other countries too. Here, we have high school sports. 

If we had kids at 15 playing teams from other countries it could be a huge boost. 
But we do, we have club and high school sports.
Edit: Also lmao at cheifs argument I'm terrible at basketball but I still love watching it. You don't have to fully understand the mechanics of the game to find it entertaining. Also because someone finds something boring doesn't mean they think it's easy. Chess is boring af to me but its certainly not easy to play.
Yeah we have clubs, but all their doing is playing other cities. Hell, some of them don't even get out of their state. 

Ariana Grande wouldn't treat me like this

June 17, 2014 @ 11:05 PM
D1Sellout

That offside rule comment shows that he doesnt quite get it. It is there so the striker almost HAS to always beat the defence at the point of a pass, through ball, cross etc.
You misunderstood me then. 

If player A has the ball, and player B just outruns the defense and isn't even with the second to last defender, by the rules, he fucked up. 
What's the point of that entire rule, when they could just make it no standing in "____" for "____" amount of seconds? 

"It doesn't matter if Team B's striker is over this line when he receives the ball. The moment to look for is the moment the midfielder passes the ball, which will trigger an offside if the striker is over the last defender line."

You're telling me that's not some unnecessary bullshit? 

June 17, 2014 @ 11:14 PM
ThaGoldenBoy

If player A has the ball, and player B just outruns the defense and isn't even with the second to last defender, by the rules, he fucked up. 
What's the point of that entire rule, when they could just make it no standing in "____" for "____" amount of seconds? 

"It doesn't matter if Team B's striker is over this line when he receives the ball. The moment to look for is the moment the midfielder passes the ball, which will trigger an offside if the striker is over the last defender line."

Offside rule is fine to be honest, you sound like you want a goal hanging type thing like in Basketball, that wouldn't work as well.
June 17, 2014 @ 11:21 PM
Erfworm

Exactly what ThaGoldenBoy has said. Its the simplest rule to stop a striker just goal hanging. Forces them to have to make a run into space past the defenders.
June 17, 2014 @ 11:26 PM
Joseph Khur

Those of you who find soccer boring, what did you think of that draw between Brazil and Mexico?
i don't find it boring but i loved how Mexico didn't let them do anything, Ochoa was on his game tonight for sure
June 17, 2014 @ 11:28 PM
B.M.

Goal hanging? Call it by it's true name CHERRY PICKING.

"I got smokers hitting rocks making Stevie J faces" - Quilly

June 17, 2014 @ 11:29 PM
chief

If this were the case it'd just be teams at both ends of the field playing defense with an empty midfield...

•••

June 18, 2014 @ 12:06 AM
D1Sellout

Offside rule is fine to be honest, you sound like you want a goal hanging type thing like in Basketball, that wouldn't work as well.
No I don't want goal hanging, but if they're just trying to stop that then what's the point of the entire rule? Why not just make a rule about what they don't wan happening?

The NBA didn't want players in the paint for more than 3 seconds. They didn't didn't makes rule saying you can't pass to somebody behind the defense wide open in the paint. 

June 18, 2014 @ 12:13 AM
ThaGoldenBoy

No I don't want goal hanging, but if they're just trying to stop that then what's the point of the entire rule? Why not just make a rule about what they don't wan happening?

The NBA didn't want players in the paint for more than 3 seconds. They didn't didn't makes rule saying you can't pass to somebody behind the defense wide open in the paint. 
I get what you mean, but the offside rule is crucial to football as it is. The way teams attack right now is very much due to the offside rule, since there is no fault in attacking play right now the offside rule doesn't need to be changed. Let me give an example, there was a very low goal tally in the 1990 World Cup, which led to the rule being changed to allow more goals to be scored. Right now though that's not a problem.

Simply saying no goal hanging would hinder attacking football, right now through balls need to be timed to perfection, as does an attackers run when on the last defender etc

TL;DR it doesn't need to be changed because there aren't any glaring faults in terms of attacking/defending due to the current rule.
June 18, 2014 @ 12:54 AM
offensive-commenter

any basketball fans here? because the sport evolved into what it is today through time. there was no shot clock so games ended up with scores like 15-8 because people didn't shoot. lol imagine basketball with an offsides rule. im sure bball wouldn't be as exciting without the shot clock.
June 18, 2014 @ 02:20 AM
brittneykitty

basketball would be better without "strategic fouls"

20/20 pyrex vision

June 18, 2014 @ 02:25 AM
brittneykitty

can someone explain to me why los angeles doesn't have a football team?
they used to have the rams, but it didn't work out so they went to st louis

plus California already has 3 teams: 49ers, raiders and chargers

20/20 pyrex vision

June 18, 2014 @ 03:17 AM
ho0dless

soccer is played by little bitches
June 18, 2014 @ 04:10 AM
Dr. Sus

Because it's not a miserable third world country with nothing better to do than kick a ball around for three hours 
June 18, 2014 @ 04:26 AM
Isuke Inukai

SOCCER IS THE BEST SPORT IN THE WORLD, HANDS DOWN.

THAT IS ALL.

CHOPZZ : then again i used to say k-nock, k-nock @sndgms

June 18, 2014 @ 12:59 PM
Moises Arias

LOL at all you fags dissing baseball to making soccer look better. I casually watch soccer, dont think its boring but its defiantly not as exiting as baseball imo. Baseball is one of the most strategic sports out there and watching your favorite player knock a ball out the ball park is much more fun then seeing a soccer player score a goal. 

My name is ASAC Schrader, and you can go fuck yourself.

June 18, 2014 @ 03:16 PM
cformusic

i think one thing soccer has going for it is that it's a guaranteed 2 hours long..so in this short attention span era we live in that could become an advantage

http://cformusic.com

June 18, 2014 @ 03:53 PM
Max S v2

because everyone in america is fat, therefore not athletic enough to play the most physically demanding sport in the world
June 18, 2014 @ 03:57 PM
teov

football would be boring as fuck without offside rule...... just figure it out, 120 meters of field and the whole attack placed behind opposition's defence waiting for the ball. it would suck.... if you want to enjoy the same sport without offside just watch futsal or stuff like that, it's even more technical and spectacular 

Blog : lifetimesofmrm.blogspot.com Check my tumblr lifetimesofmrm.tumblr.com HELGEN X. I love the fact that you don't dress like a fake poser skateboarding faggot from HB!

June 18, 2014 @ 04:34 PM
KirbyIsYeezy

Because we are not that good at it, and the fact that we like sports that we popularized (baseball, basketball, American football).
June 18, 2014 @ 11:08 PM
B.M.

LOL at all you fags dissing baseball to making soccer look better. I casually watch soccer, dont think its boring but its defiantly not as exiting as baseball imo. Baseball is one of the most strategic sports out there and watching your favorite player knock a ball out the ball park is much more fun then seeing a soccer player score a goal. 
I feel the same way. Try standing in the box with a 6'4" lefty throwing heat at your chest area. And as for excitement? The mecca of exciting sports moments are: homer, kick return or interception for TD, any soccer goal, and a buzzer-beater. Sorry, hockey.

"I got smokers hitting rocks making Stevie J faces" - Quilly

Please login first to reply.