Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
June 16, 2014 @ 07:56 PM
JohnvHarrison

Anyone here the type of person that needs positive feedback/affirmation that they're doing a good job at something? (School, work, etc..) How do you get over this?

http://www.theyhatechange.com Beauty Squad Click on the rise #B$C Get down or lay down

June 16, 2014 @ 07:57 PM
meFLOW

quit being a bitch?

2013 summer fit battle champion buying 7.5 visvim kiefers eFLOW

June 16, 2014 @ 07:57 PM
Captain Al

i like to reward myself when i do well in school or worked hard in w.e

tumblr: bankpaper.tumblr.com Instagram: @bankpaper

June 16, 2014 @ 08:27 PM
JohnvHarrison

^not really the question bruh. Basically do you need others approval to know that you've done a good job at something?

http://www.theyhatechange.com Beauty Squad Click on the rise #B$C Get down or lay down

June 16, 2014 @ 08:31 PM
Erfworm

Sounds pretty American to me.
June 16, 2014 @ 09:14 PM
dmwalking

Not really. Actually I hate attention.  I just wanna make my money and keep it moving.  Only time I want positive feedback is when I do something from the heart.   Like, I love cooking for people, for example.  So when people praise the meal, I like that.  I like to teach people.  So when my lessons pay off and I get feedback from that, it feels great.  I don't need it, but it does motivate me to keep it up. So maybe I do need it. IDK.  But when it comes to things work related, I just wanna get mine and keep it moving.  

guy on some broke bus. Love, Sosa. "Don't feed the trolls" initiative coming soon. We can rebuild.

June 17, 2014 @ 02:39 AM
cubie

i don't really like positive reinforcement when it comes to school. i got top marks on my sociology essays but both times my tutor wrote notes on where i can improve, and not on how much of a good job i did. it's good for trying to better yourself and all that. positive reinforcement makes me complacent.

http://surk.tumblr.com // http://last.fm/user/yourfag

June 17, 2014 @ 02:51 AM
blackice445

we're human everybody needs positive reinforcement from time to time, it's what motivates us. If you were a comedian and nobody thought you were funny would you still continue to be a comedian? Of course not. You're not getting the positive reinforcement to continue on, so you'd become discouraged and quit. But the more you need it the more it shows that you value others opinion over yours.  Maybe you suffer from low self esteem and disregard your opinion because you don't respect yourself. I know its easier said than done but start respecting yourself more? Maybe look into cognitive behavioral therapy. 
June 17, 2014 @ 02:59 AM
offensive-commenter

you mean like getting petted like a dog for shitting on the weewee pad?
June 17, 2014 @ 07:14 AM
awhitehippy

I agree with Erfworm. I have 3 brothers, two older and one younger and we were all raised in Hispanic environments and ethics except for my youngest bro. My older brothers and I don't seek any sort of reward or anything whenever we get a task completed, the satisfaction of getting something done is almost enough for us which is exactly how my father is. My little brother on the other hand was raised very American-like with all their codes and morals so he seeks rewards and "good jobs" from my father. The thing is my father being a Hispanic isn't a traditional American father who plays catch with his son and tells us "I'm proud of you." This really gets my little brother down cause he expects this from my father, and my dad doesn't really even know better.

But I'm not a person who needs positive feedback on stuff I did.

x

June 17, 2014 @ 03:26 PM
cvpntrill23

Anyone here the type of person that needs positive feedback/affirmation that they're doing a good job at something? (School, work, etc..) How do you get over this?
I'm not that type of person but I think you can get over it by seeking it out. At work ask someone who you know does their job well and ask them for critiques. Once you have that you have a basis for your worth so just stick to that and believe in yourself cus then you know you're doing a good job. School would reflect in your grades I assume. Just establish that you know your self worth and if you need help ask. There's nothing wrong with learning how to better yourself.
June 17, 2014 @ 06:35 PM
cformusic

don't we all?

http://cformusic.com

June 21, 2014 @ 07:09 PM
blackice445

I agree with Erfworm. I have 3 brothers, two older and one younger and we were all raised in Hispanic environments and ethics except for my youngest bro. My older brothers and I don't seek any sort of reward or anything whenever we get a task completed, the satisfaction of getting something done is almost enough for us which is exactly how my father is. My little brother on the other hand was raised very American-like with all their codes and morals so he seeks rewards and "good jobs" from my father. The thing is my father being a Hispanic isn't a traditional American father who plays catch with his son and tells us "I'm proud of you." This really gets my little brother down cause he expects this from my father, and my dad doesn't really even know better.

But I'm not a person who needs positive feedback on stuff I did.
Sounds like you have a father that doesn't know how to be a father. 

Please login first to reply.