300+ New Sale Items (Up to 80% Off Selected Brands)
May 31, 2014 @ 02:00 AM
YoungRizal

Hundredyen just went in like he teaching his students. :O

FS - Supreme Nupste, WTAPS Parasmock ETC

May 31, 2014 @ 02:07 AM
paulywalnuts

lol at fit battles being an indicator of anything, i know we're on hypebeast or whatever but still....a FIT BATTLE
come on

i master bait from time to time///wtb supreme/rust-oleum

May 31, 2014 @ 02:10 AM
FreestyleFEllowship

HA. I rarely post, but I need to go in on this.

What is  ABUNDANTLY clear is that Millz doesn't give a shit if he got demodded.... He literally does not care AT ALL. Why? BECAUSE HE IS NOT A FUCKING LAME.

People acting like getting demodded is the worst thing that could happen to a person need to sit down and re evaluate their life, because I honestly feel for you. Thats not an L for anyone but you. 

And LOL at origins "I'm shocked at the fact that your an economic major, but yet you still thought that you could make profit off apps"
The last 5 years has seen more concentrated profit from app development than oil moguls when looking at input-output economics. 
Yea, he clearly doesn't care - that's why he's been posting feels all over and searching for my pictures online. Not to mention, he is obviously way into HB if he was going to make an app for it, lool. Dead at the excuse for him not caring is based off "because he is not lame", yet he was a mod on a fashun forum (srs bsns). Your judgement is straight on, my dude.

Also are you retarded? Are you really comparing oil profits to app profits, LOL? If anything you just clearly proved me right that he wouldn't be able to create revs, yet alone profit because of how competitive the app sector is, some people are just ignorant I guess. Looking at an input-output model, app development has been heavily weighing on the input, but nearly any output is coming out of development, unless you are developers of King Digital Entertainment, for example. Here, I posted this for Millz when he thought it was an excellent idea, I'm sure he didn't even read it and learned the hard way.

"According to the infographic, 67% of developers aren't breaking even."
http://mashable.com/2012/05/02/successful-app-infographic/
http://geardiary.com/2012/11/20/shockingly-its-hard-to-make-money-in-apps/

http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2013/06/why-its-so-hard-to-make-money-from-the-itunes-app-store/

PS: You already made yourself look foolish, but put the demand side into consideration. An app solely based off of HB? How many active users do you think it'd have, be real and think it over.  
You clearly have a limited understanding of economics. You cannot consider an entire market ecosystem and then only consider individual fixtures.

So now I am going to proceed to tell you all the reasons why I am smarter than you.

1. Thank you for including your sources... lifehacker.com.au and mashable.com... sounds like an extremely prodigious source of information. I've seen the exact same chart on 'why red heads are evil'... thank god you are using reliable sources!

2. Input output economics means a successful model will not necessarily make a lot of money, but make a substantial amount against what is put in. App business leads the economy in terms of input output models.. examples include instagram that was set up for a budget of $50, 000, ended with a net sum of $175, 000 and sold for a billion. I could list hundreds of apps with similar revenue patterns. So ultimately it doesn't matter how many fail because they are apps that have lower budget and equal lower return, so the economy is still extremely profitable.

3. Your chart is dumb, it is riddled with problems and not relevant to your statement. It is reference to small time developers who are expecting to make large amounts of money... 30k is a TINY amount of initial market cash for any sort of business, of course it is difficult to make returns on that. Purchasing a brick and mortar store with business licences, staff wage, etc would cost over 200 - 300k with a large amount of that in marketing.. so 30k is minimal. To state 80% do not create enough revenue to support a stand alone business assumes that the app itself is a stand alone business, which it is not, because it far cheaper to set up.

4. demand has nothing to do with this conversation.. you made a general sweeping remark based upon apps not turning profits regardless of content.

There is no need to reply, I am much smarter than you.. and i'm a history major... but will trump you in any field. 

WELL HERE THAT MOTHERFUCKER IS

May 31, 2014 @ 02:51 AM
gary714

I like it when you lurked through each others pictures and said some very rude things about you're appearances, can we keep that going?! the personal burns are always my favorite 
May 31, 2014 @ 03:09 AM
demstacksdoe

What is  ABUNDANTLY clear is that Millz doesn't give a shit if he got demodded.... He literally does not care AT ALL. Why? BECAUSE HE IS NOT A FUCKING LAME.

People acting like getting demodded is the worst thing that could happen to a person need to sit down and re evaluate their life, because I honestly feel for you. Thats not an L for anyone but you. 

And LOL at origins "I'm shocked at the fact that your an economic major, but yet you still thought that you could make profit off apps"
The last 5 years has seen more concentrated profit from app development than oil moguls when looking at input-output economics. 
Yea, he clearly doesn't care - that's why he's been posting feels all over and searching for my pictures online. Not to mention, he is obviously way into HB if he was going to make an app for it, lool. Dead at the excuse for him not caring is based off "because he is not lame", yet he was a mod on a fashun forum (srs bsns). Your judgement is straight on, my dude.

Also are you retarded? Are you really comparing oil profits to app profits, LOL? If anything you just clearly proved me right that he wouldn't be able to create revs, yet alone profit because of how competitive the app sector is, some people are just ignorant I guess. Looking at an input-output model, app development has been heavily weighing on the input, but nearly any output is coming out of development, unless you are developers of King Digital Entertainment, for example. Here, I posted this for Millz when he thought it was an excellent idea, I'm sure he didn't even read it and learned the hard way.

http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2013/06/why-its-so-hard-to-make-money-from-the-itunes-app-store/

PS: You already made yourself look foolish, but put the demand side into consideration. An app solely based off of HB? How many active users do you think it'd have, be real and think it over.  
Makin all these graphs tryna sound smart

not followin through with the fit battle

May 31, 2014 @ 03:30 AM
AmericanLegend

lol at fit battles being an indicator of anything, i know we're on hypebeast or whatever but still....a FIT BATTLE
come on
waaat

taste the glamour

May 31, 2014 @ 03:45 AM
origins

You clearly have a limited understanding of economics. You cannot consider an entire market ecosystem and then only consider individual fixtures.

So now I am going to proceed to tell you all the reasons why I am smarter than you.

1. Thank you for including your sources... lifehacker.com.au and mashable.com... sounds like an extremely prodigious source of information. I've seen the exact same chart on 'why red heads are evil'... thank god you are using reliable sources!

2. Input output economics means a successful model will not necessarily make a lot of money, but make a substantial amount against what is put in. App business leads the economy in terms of input output models.. examples include instagram that was set up for a budget of $50, 000, ended with a net sum of $175, 000 and sold for a billion. I could list hundreds of apps with similar revenue patterns. So ultimately it doesn't matter how many fail because they are apps that have lower budget and equal lower return, so the economy is still extremely profitable.

3. Your chart is dumb, it is riddled with problems and not relevant to your statement. It is reference to small time developers who are expecting to make large amounts of money... 30k is a TINY amount of initial market cash for any sort of business, of course it is difficult to make returns on that. Purchasing a brick and mortar store with business licences, staff wage, etc would cost over 200 - 300k with a large amount of that in marketing.. so 30k is minimal. To state 80% do not create enough revenue to support a stand alone business assumes that the app itself is a stand alone business, which it is not, because it far cheaper to set up.

4. demand has nothing to do with this conversation.. you made a general sweeping remark based upon apps not turning profits regardless of content.

There is no need to reply, I am much smarter than you.. and i'm a history major... but will trump you in any field. 
To point out that you're smarter than me is really pathetic, to even state that apps make a better profit (input > output) than oil production is plain retarded - I'm sorry dude, that was a total fail. You are giving an example of one lucky developer. Think about how much money has been used on the production of these apps and how much money they've made or lost (most likely). The sources I used are from a google search, if you want I can find reputable sources from Marketwatch, WSJ, Forbes, Financial Times, etc etc but I really don't care that much. It's common sense most apps don't make profit, sure a few do like you said Instagram, a few games by King Digital, but how many apps are out there? Not to mention apps are not forever, there is always going to be competition, a developer replicating the same game you made and giving it out for free. What are the underlying odds of getting your app purchased by a large company? Facebook purchased Instagram for a meager 1M, that's chump change - FB's market cap is at 162B currently. Bottom line is, you are not going to make good money off app production anymore, there is far too much competition. Also if you insist to get your nose in this, Millz wanted to make an app for HB, that is why I pointed out demand, so it actually has a lot of relevance.

Here since you're a history teacher [I think?], I know you probably love your sources:

"I'm one of the developers for Twitterrific and to be honest, I can't tell you how many hours have gone into the product... [Our rate for clients is $150 per hour giving $165,000 just for new code.
Remember also that we were reusing a bunch existing code: I'm going to
lowball the value of that code at $35,000 giving a total development
cost of $200,000.]"

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/209170/how-much-does-it-cost-to-develop-an-iphone-application

----

"There is no need to reply, I am much smarter than you.. and i'm a history major... but will trump you in any field. "

Awesome, glad you majored in a useless field (ok, no offense) - stick to teaching. As for me, I've only took one econ and business class at the moment, getting all my pre reqs out of the way. Can't wait to learn more, business is a great field.

PS: I appreciate the somewhat educated discussion, I know Millz isn't capable of doing anything close to what you have done, so thanks for that.
May 31, 2014 @ 03:56 AM
unoedoe

Lol @ taking shots of failed graph sample size by providing own sample size of successful apps. 

Origins I respect ya man but calling a history major useless when you're a business major... blank shots fired, gota defend my worthless roots jafeel??? razz
May 31, 2014 @ 04:17 AM
feekz

whats with the Essays/Presentations brehs , one liners / paragraphs at max or something damn.
May 31, 2014 @ 04:58 AM
Metsys©

whats with the Essays/Presentations brehs , one liners / paragraphs at max or something damn.
On everything these posts like 

systemnj.com | Supplying the masses

May 31, 2014 @ 05:05 AM
Vancouver

this shit got outta hand

aint nobody wanna read hypebeast master thesis
May 31, 2014 @ 05:09 AM
EEK A LURKER

make me a mod.

.wa do dem.

May 31, 2014 @ 08:08 AM
hundredyen

To point out that you're smarter than me is really pathetic, to even state that apps make a better profit (input > output) than oil production is plain retarded - I'm sorry dude, that was a total fail. You are giving an example of one lucky developer. Think about how much money has been used on the production of these apps and how much money they've made or lost (most likely). The sources I used are from a google search, if you want I can find reputable sources from Marketwatch, WSJ, Forbes, Financial Times, etc etc but I really don't care that much. It's common sense most apps don't make profit, sure a few do like you said Instagram, a few games by King Digital, but how many apps are out there? Not to mention apps are not forever, there is always going to be competition, a developer replicating the same game you made and giving it out for free. What are the underlying odds of getting your app purchased by a large company? Facebook purchased Instagram for a meager 1M, that's chump change - FB's market cap is at 162B currently. Bottom line is, you are not going to make good money off app production anymore, there is far too much competition. Also if you insist to get your nose in this, Millz wanted to make an app for HB, that is why I pointed out demand, so it actually has a lot of relevance.

Here since you're a history teacher [I think?], I know you probably love your sources:

"I'm one of the developers for Twitterrific and to be honest, I can't tell you how many hours have gone into the product... [Our rate for clients is $150 per hour giving $165,000 just for new code.

Remember also that we were reusing a bunch existing code: I'm going to lowball the value of that code at $35,000 giving a total development cost of $200,000.]"

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/209170/how-much-does-it-cost-to-develop-an-iphone-application

----

"There is no need to reply, I am much smarter than you.. and i'm a history major... but will trump you in any field. "

Awesome, glad you majored in a useless field (ok, no offense) - stick to teaching. As for me, I've only took one econ and business class at the moment, getting all my pre reqs out of the way. Can't wait to learn more, business is a great field.

PS: I appreciate the somewhat educated discussion, I know Millz isn't capable of doing anything close to what you have done, so thanks for that.

App development in things like e-commerce are currently the most profitable model across all company sizes worldwide... that is just a fact. Even if most apps don't make a profit it would have no effect on the marketplace, because certain apps make astronomical profit, stimulating the economy. You just cannot argue with that. This does not even take into account the actual use of apps... most of them being used for avenues such as company recognition, which feeds profits back through other streams. Stating apps do not pull a profit is just plain wrong.

Application development has lower entry costs and the furthest growth... and as for competition almost all of the most popular apps are not in market competition with one another and the size distribution of app demand is highly concentrated, creating a high turn over in app success.

As for oil moguls, Dubai, the worlds biggest exporter has been in billion dollars of debt over the last decade (currently 142 billion) and has not turned a cent in oil profits for most of that time due to their economic situation. Note that I stated individual moguls, not the big 5 companies.

You have what I see everyday - something I call 'wikipedia knowledge'... you have barely scratched the surface of a topic and talk like you are an authority on it, using some exceptionally useless sources of information... 

I am sorry mate, but you are just wrong...

Yo, how are you gonna get schooled by someone with something as useless as a history major? 

instagram: @timchuan

May 31, 2014 @ 08:24 AM
Phillip Kennedy

So much beef I had to grab the A1!
May 31, 2014 @ 10:28 AM
FRENCH MONTANA

LMAOOOO

This nigga hundredassboy is 40yo and a teacher ?

and he is proud to be more "intelligent" than a 20yo undergraduate student ??

you should ask urself about ur life seriously.
May 31, 2014 @ 10:45 AM
hundredyen

LMAOOOO

This nigga hundredassboy is 40yo and a teacher ?

and he is proud to be more "intelligent" than a 20yo undergraduate student ??

you should ask urself about ur life seriously.
lol, im 24 and have 2 degrees.

May 31, 2014 @ 11:02 AM
hentai

battle of who will prove himself to be the bigger lame l0l
Seriously. "Sick fits"? I'm nap. confused

http://hentaiwarlord.tumblr.com http://instagram.com/hentaiwarlord

May 31, 2014 @ 11:03 AM
FRENCH MONTANA

lol my bad then.

But you should lower your heat.
You've already graduated whereas we didnt even undergraduate.
And claiming that " i am more intelligent " is haughty bro

Nevertheless, fuck ur economical debate about plausible apps profits.

Origins u need to bring the heat or im afraid that bram van baalen is winning
May 31, 2014 @ 11:12 AM
hundredyen

lol my bad then.

But you should low your heat.
You've already graduated whereas we didnt even undergraduate.

And claiming that " i am more intelligent " is haughty bro
hahaha, of all the things that have been said on this thread... this is the one that is too heated?

May 31, 2014 @ 11:46 AM
spriteremix

unexpected turn of events 

origins won 
May 31, 2014 @ 01:41 PM
Tsundere

toomany paragraphs 
May 31, 2014 @ 02:56 PM
i01111000

tl;dr frenzy

save that shit for Tom Ashbrook
May 31, 2014 @ 06:13 PM
Kayu.

http://instagram.com/alexexray

May 31, 2014 @ 11:05 PM
origins

App development in things like e-commerce are currently the most profitable model across all company sizes worldwide... that is just a fact. Even if most apps don't make a profit it would have no effect on the marketplace, because certain apps make astronomical profit, stimulating the economy. You just cannot argue with that. This does not even take into account the actual use of apps... most of them being used for avenues such as company recognition, which feeds profits back through other streams. Stating apps do not pull a profit is just plain wrong.

Application development has lower entry costs and the furthest growth... and as for competition almost all of the most popular apps are not in market competition with one another and the size distribution of app demand is highly concentrated, creating a high turn over in app success.

As for oil moguls, Dubai, the worlds biggest exporter has been in billion dollars of debt over the last decade (currently 142 billion) and has not turned a cent in oil profits for most of that time due to their economic situation. Note that I stated individual moguls, not the big 5 companies.

You have what I see everyday - something I call 'wikipedia knowledge'... you have barely scratched the surface of a topic and talk like you are an authority on it, using some exceptionally useless sources of information... 

Yo, how are you gonna get schooled by someone with something as useless as a history major? 
I really can't believe that you think app development is more profitable in the sector of e commerce - give some sources because quite honestly, you're talking out of your ass. The app development bubble has already bursted a while ago, to say it's the most profitable in all e commerce areas is ignorant. Sure some of the large companies like twitter, FB, ebay, candycrush or King Digital (declining) make good money in the app business, but most small companies can hardly break even. As I said, if you're starting off in app development, you're not going to make profit unless you have a brilliant idea and  work your ass off + spend a lot of money.

Sorry, yea can't get myself off Wikipedia - I'm sure you hate that site because of how many student's use it (must suck to grade all those papers).

Apple distributes the most of all three companies (5B in 2012) between 1.25B
developers - just to give you an idea how big Apple is, they're valued
at 545B.

By the way this source is almost a year old, a lot of competition has entered in that time period, so prices are lower I presume.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/tristanlouis/2013/08/10/how-much-do-average-apps-make/

----

You made a huge mistake stating that app development is the most profitable in the e commerce sector. Have you heard of Amazon, eBay/PayPal, oh and China's dominating Alibaba? Here, let me introduce you to this giant:

SEC filing of F-1 Form for Alibaba (a lot of insight of what it does and stats):
http://online.wsj.com/public/resources/documents/AlibabaF1050614.pdf

IPO:
http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304655304579547433343514724?KEYWORDS=alibaba&mg=reno64-wsj

"Overall, Alibaba reported net income of 17.71 billion yuan [2.8B USD], more than
four times the level of a year earlier. Total revenue was 40.47 billion
yuan [~66B USD]"
And the funny thing is, Alibaba keeps growing with insane numbers..

Check these sale stats, within one day:

Now please, app development is not the most profitable in e commerce. You're making yourself look very ignorant and as a history teacher, you should at least know to back your facts up with sources.
June 1, 2014 @ 12:50 AM
hundredyen

I really can't believe that you think app development is more profitable in the sector of e commerce - give some sources because quite honestly, you're talking out of your ass. The app development bubble has already bursted a while ago, to say it's the most profitable in all e commerce areas is ignorant. Sure some of the large companies like twitter, FB, ebay, candycrush or King Digital (declining) make good money in the app business, but most small companies can hardly break even. As I said, if you're starting off in app development, you're not going to make profit unless you have a brilliant idea and  work your ass off + spend a lot of money.

Sorry, yea can't get myself off Wikipedia - I'm sure you hate that site because of how many student's use it (must suck to grade all those papers).

Apple distributes the most of all three companies (5B in 2012) between 1.25B

developers - just to give you an idea how big Apple is, they're valued

at 545B.

By the way this source is almost a year old, a lot of competition has entered in that time period, so prices are lower I presume.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/tristanlouis/2013/08/10/how-much-do-average-apps-make/

----

You made a huge mistake stating that app development is the most profitable in the e commerce sector. Have you heard of Amazon, eBay/PayPal, oh and China's dominating Alibaba? Here, let me introduce you to this giant:

SEC filing of F-1 Form for Alibaba (a lot of insight of what it does and stats):
http://online.wsj.com/public/resources/documents/AlibabaF1050614.pdf

IPO:
http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304655304579547433343514724?KEYWORDS=alibaba&mg=reno64-wsj

"Overall, Alibaba reported net income of 17.71 billion yuan [2.8B USD], more than

four times the level of a year earlier. Total revenue was 40.47 billion

yuan [~66B USD]"
And the funny thing is, Alibaba keeps growing with insane numbers..

Check these sale stats, within one day:

Now please, app development is not the most profitable in e commerce. You're making yourself look very ignorant and as a history teacher, you should at least know to back your facts up with sources.
App development IN e-commerce... meaning apps designed to supplement companies such as ebay, amazon, paypal, etc. Apps that pull profits into those giants that you have stated. Those APPS are the most profitable in the market at the moment.

To think I stated that app development is more profitable than e-commerce is stupid, because todays profitable app development is a form of e-commerce.

Please just stop, no one wants to look at your graphs that you don't understand. Don't be a nob and take another business class, or learn to read.

June 1, 2014 @ 12:53 AM
origins

Had to edit since you clearly don't get it.

"The last 5 years has seen more concentrated profit from app development
than oil moguls
when looking at input-output economics."

"App development in things like e-commerce are currently the most
profitable model across all company sizes worldwide... that is just a
fact."

At least stick with what you were arguing with, app development is the process of creating a NEW app. First you state that just app development is more profitable than oil moguls, then you change it to app development in e commerce, finally you realize you dun goofd and state apps IN e commerce. You are extremely sloppy with your argument, stick to remembering dates from the past.

App development =/= Apps for e-commerce

Nice effort though.
June 1, 2014 @ 12:58 AM
hundredyen

App development =/= Apps for e-commerce

Nice effort though.
Word, those apps for e-commerce don't get developed, thats right, they just appear out of fucking thin air without any software or platform development. 

Everyone can see you are clutching at straws here, attempting to go for linguistics rather than facts... the fact being it is more than possible to make profit from apps. You can include as many wikipedia statements and graphs as you want mate, but the fact is that the marketplace is still thriving.

This has been mildly entertaining, but I have honestly had better debates with 15 year olds.

June 1, 2014 @ 01:04 AM
FRENCH MONTANA

Millz i wish you were still a mod so that u could ban these 2 fuckboys
they think they are milton friedman or adam smith lmao
June 1, 2014 @ 01:30 AM
octose

Lmao the sad part is Origins has to stick up for himself on a forum because he's so phased.

in terms of profit margins the software and ESPECIALLY the app development sector see the highest MARGINS, for the amount of money PUT IN to operate a successful application, it is the most profitable industry available - because it takes no money to reproduce as there is no marginal cost for producing an extra "app" over the web. It's a one stop shop, one fixed cost, and that's it. You have developers operating in their homes for fun, developing games and apps that go on to make millions, even billions - something no other market sees. Think you misunderstood Hundredyen's argument. 

'In heaven, all the interesting people are missing.' - Friedrich Nietzsche // I promote music: Youtube.com/thephuzz

June 1, 2014 @ 01:33 AM
Nyc93

talking shit and not fit battling is the same as in real life talking shit n not tryina scrap. 

For Sale navy big logo beanie 45 shipped grey/black big logo 50 shipped crown denim crusher light blue s/m 70 navy taxi driver tee M 75

Please login first to reply.