May 9, 2014 @ 07:16 PM
carloz1989

So I currently work in Burbank and live in DTLA. I just moved into downtown about 2-3 months ago and I fuckin love it. I just got offered a job however in Hemet. Way out in buttfuck nowhere. New company is offering me 15k more, plus an extra week of vacation time. Now I wouldn't move all the way out to Hemet, but somewhere like Corona is the furthest I'll go. My problem is I fuckin love the City and everything it has to offer. Honestly I'm really happy where I'm at in life and in my current job. I don't know if the extra money is worth me giving it up. I mean cost of living out there would be ridiculousy cheaper so I'd be pocketing alot more cash and I'd still be able to come out to downtown on the weekends, but it's definitely not the same as living out here. It's a minimum 2 year commitment so I would be stuck out there till I'm at least 27. What should I do brehs? I've been contemplating this for about a week now and they need the answer by next week.
May 9, 2014 @ 07:28 PM
LCULT

You gotta look at things in the long term. Maybe by ensuring you have this extra money, you allow yourself to have the opportunity to one day move back to LA. If I were you I'd stay, because to be my surroundings mean more to me than what I earn.

虎穴に入らずんば虎子を得ず

May 9, 2014 @ 07:39 PM
carloz1989

You gotta look at things in the long term. Maybe by ensuring you have this extra money, you allow yourself to have the opportunity to one day move back to LA. If I were you I'd stay, because to be my surroundings mean more to me than what I earn.
Thats where my struggle is at right now. With the extra cash I would be able to travel a hell of a lot more and have cash for luxuries on the side, but I wont be living in as dope a spot. I dont know if the extra cash is worth it to me, but I also have the opportunity to make 100k if i take the new job.
May 9, 2014 @ 07:55 PM
PowerCum

sounds to me like you wanna stay, life isnt all about money if you're content with the opportunities you have and the situation you're in you should stay put. 
May 9, 2014 @ 08:02 PM
TASK

Take the metrolink to hemet
May 9, 2014 @ 08:07 PM
carloz1989

Metro don't go to Hemet bruh. Believe me that was the first thing I thought. Save money on gas and time and just ride the metro.
May 9, 2014 @ 08:07 PM
carloz1989

Metro don't go to Hemet bruh. Believe me that was the first thing I thought. Save money on gas and time and just ride the metro.
May 9, 2014 @ 08:12 PM
Bet

If you love the situation you are in right now I wouldn't change it honestly. You sound like you really enjoy this point in your life in dtla so I would stay if I were you.
May 9, 2014 @ 08:16 PM
brittneykitty

u got ur whole life to get money, but you're only young once, dont waste your youth in a place you wont like

the front of the mazzi look like a fork dont it

May 9, 2014 @ 08:16 PM
spamster

So I currently work in Burbank and live in DTLA. I just moved into downtown about 2-3 months ago and I fuckin love it. I just got offered a job however in Hemet. Way out in buttfuck nowhere. New company is offering me 15k more, plus an extra week of vacation time. Now I wouldn't move all the way out to Hemet, but somewhere like Corona is the furthest I'll go. My problem is I fuckin love the City and everything it has to offer. Honestly I'm really happy where I'm at in life and in my current job. I don't know if the extra money is worth me giving it up. I mean cost of living out there would be ridiculousy cheaper so I'd be pocketing alot more cash and I'd still be able to come out to downtown on the weekends, but it's definitely not the same as living out here. It's a minimum 2 year commitment so I would be stuck out there till I'm at least 27. What should I do brehs? I've been contemplating this for about a week now and they need the answer by next week.
Where you stay at, g? I just moved out of downtown after living there for five years. I lived in the Higgins building, on the corner of second and main. The building with the Pitfire Pizza and the Edison Bar. 

Sounds like you've grown to love the downtown life. I know I did. Its a perfect place for 20 somethings. I don't think you'e be happy with the Hemet gig. Its a fuckin toilet out there. And Corona is not much better. I grew up in the IE so I know that shit area. Its deadsville. You might have a few more bucks in your pocket but you'll be sacrificing a lot and would regret your decision imo. Besides what is another $15K after California taxes? Not like you're actually getting all of that. How much will that money improve your life? Can't get your 20's back once they are gone. Don't really want to spend them in Hemet after living that DTLA life... 
May 9, 2014 @ 09:57 PM
carloz1989

Where you stay at, g? I just moved out of downtown after living there for five years. I lived in the Higgins building, on the corner of second and main. The building with the Pitfire Pizza and the Edison Bar. 

Sounds like you've grown to love the downtown life. I know I did. Its a perfect place for 20 somethings. I don't think you'e be happy with the Hemet gig. Its a fuckin toilet out there. And Corona is not much better. I grew up in the IE so I know that shit area. Its deadsville. You might have a few more bucks in your pocket but you'll be sacrificing a lot and would regret your decision imo. Besides what is another $15K after California taxes? Not like you're actually getting all of that. How much will that money improve your life? Can't get your 20's back once they are gone. Don't really want to spend them in Hemet after living that DTLA life... 
Im at the Pegasus building on flower and 6th. Literally across the street from The Standard. And yeah I do love dat DTLA life, but at the same time money is money ya feel me? This could lead to an opportunity with higher pay. And I feel you about the IE I spent 2 years in Riverside a year in Rancho and a year in Murrietta. Rancho wasn't too bad cuz I was still able to come out here on the weekends, but Murrietta sucked. This has been my inner conflict with this. That I'm only young once and I don't know how much of that I will lose with this move BUT at the same time 2 years isnt much and I'll still be young when I'm done and be able to come out here if I desire. Idk idk its a big decision. Its 15k plus and additional 5k tax free that go towards car allowance and cellphone allowance. With the extra cash I'd have the advantages to travel to alot more places and have luxuries that at the moment I cant afford. Cost of living out here is rough.
May 9, 2014 @ 11:36 PM
spamster

Sounds like you know exactly what you want to do and exactly what you need to do. Sadly I've found that part of growing up is sacrificing what you want to do for what you need to do.
May 9, 2014 @ 11:58 PM
FIDEL CASHFLOW

why make this more complicated than it is? you're happy where you at, and the other place is somewhere you dont want to live, therefor dont move.

http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/217784 http://hypebeast.com/forums/sneakers/206983

May 10, 2014 @ 12:12 AM
Think People

You can't stay in the same spot forever just because you're content.
Life is all about progression. That's why we invest so much time and money on school.

But in the end, its truly up to you my friend. A win either way.
May 10, 2014 @ 12:15 AM
carloz1989

Sounds like you know exactly what you want to do and exactly what you need to do. Sadly I've found that part of growing up is sacrificing what you want to do for what you need to do.
Exactly it's about me making my first real "grown up" decision. I can either post pone it or do it now and just keep pushing. If I would have never lived downtown it wouldnt have been so bad cuz i wouldnt miss what i never had, but I've got a taste for dat lyfe. Fine ass honies everywhere. Bars on and poppin everywhere. Great places to network and just explore. Fuuuuhh shit is going to be a brutal ass decision.
May 10, 2014 @ 12:17 AM
Sentimental

Im actually looking for a job in Burbanksmile
May 10, 2014 @ 06:02 AM
isthistobe

hemet is fucking an armpit town but if the money is there, you should stay low pro stack up ... DTLA is always gonna be there 
May 14, 2014 @ 10:45 PM
carloz1989

So quick update. Tomorrow is my final day to make my decision and I've already drawn up a letter to decline the offer. I'm still very much unsure though. I want to stay, but dem stacks sound nice. Shit is real tough right now.
May 14, 2014 @ 11:00 PM
++Phil

Just stay in LA, enjoy yourself, if you need stacks do some extra shit on the side
May 15, 2014 @ 12:01 AM
slytendencies

I'm tryna find a job in Burbank as well right now shits tough bruh
Anyways, i say you stay in DT, even if you'll be making a bit more paper whats it good for if you wouldnt be enjoying it to the fullest? Jobs gunna come and go but your 20's only come around once
May 15, 2014 @ 01:11 AM
carloz1989

FINAL UPDATE BRUHS:

Spoke to the guy who offered me the position and respectfully declined. I just wasn't %100 sure that that was the right move for me at this point in time. He was super cool about it and said once another opportunity arises that's much closer he'll hit me back up. I'm glad I made the decision rather than have chose to move and then have regrets.

Time to go smash some more k-town hoes.
May 15, 2014 @ 01:47 AM
tunnelno5

Korean girls don't like Mexicans bro, Koreans only like going King Taco and El Taurino. If I were you, I'd stay in Downtown Los Angeles, The $1250 a month could help you and you could buy a lot more luxuries, but are you willing to sacrifice the lifestyle you're enjoying right now? Hard choice though. 

http://tunnelno5.bandcamp.com http://tunnelno5.tumblr.com http://www.youtube.com/user/TUNNELNO5beats/videos http://twitter.com/tunnelno5

Please login first to reply.