April 27, 2014 @ 03:26 AM
Herban

plus, the men to women ratio is like 1:4
April 27, 2014 @ 04:29 AM
bjornvan

totes worth it bro ,i heard they give you a year supply of cotton candy
April 27, 2014 @ 05:14 AM
Jim Jardashian

If you're going to join the military, go towards the Air Force. Just stay away from the jobs that deal with air craft maintenance unless you don't mind working 50 hours a week.
April 27, 2014 @ 11:58 AM
fakeasslondon

aside from those who go to war obviously

what do people in the army actually DO?

it just always seemed like a too good to be true type thing

if you aren't in combat, what do they pay you to do

forgive my ignorance
Mostly they just sit around on bases doing chores and paperwork and shit, draining hella taxpayer bread . It's always funny to me how super conservative people will think welfare is a crime against humanity but the military are heroes, but its the military that we are paying to sit around and they're taking way more of the budget than welfare. Don't get me wrong the military is necessary and those who die in battle should be remembered as heros, but for the most part the military is basically the biggest cash drain in history
are you upset that you have to pay taxes ?
 the base pay of a non deployed service member varies greatly compared to a deployed service member 
i admit there was  gross overspending during the surge from 2001 to about 2013 
but now we are taking the hits with the budget reform but the money was spent on equipment and training , not salaries
your congress men who sits around and does nothing get paid a whole hell of a lot more that pvt john doe
your talking out of your ass 
April 27, 2014 @ 12:04 PM
fakeasslondon

the military is what you make of it. you can easily do 4 years in a role that doesn't see combat, get school paid for 100%, enter school with like 30-40k in the bank @ like 21, then graduate. you can then either re-enlist to a high paying role to utilize your degree or find a civilian job as a veteran. most college kids will graduate with like an average of 50-100k in debt, and a large percentage of college graduates are unemployed. the military is great if you want financial/life stability and oppurtunity, not great if you don't like following orders / doing what others say.

also  a streetwear forum may not be the best place to ask this, as there's a strong fuck the military/cops/government/whatever mentality
most people join with the intent of ima go to school etc etc while I'm in but the job is taxing your always on the go 24/7 
depending on the unit you go to ..i went to 4id and since i became permeant party in 2011 I've been deployed 19 months out of the time since ..not to count the 30 day field problems the 2 week field problems and the 3-5 day field problems 
but you might luck up and get a non deploying or non rapid deploying unit and only really do pt usually 6-7 come bak to work at 9 get off at 1130 for lunch come back at 1300 and get off at 17 ..usually a little earlier than that if you guys are not on the patch chart for the simple fact that with no train up to be forwardly deploy all your doing is "busy work" 
im 22 i bought a 18k car in October of 2012 ..im 3k away from paying it off at a 6.7% APR rate and i came in the dealership with 5k to put down and 0 credit they cut me a deal because I'm military , most of the time there is no ima save up and do this or buy this you typically always have money on hand as a level headed single solider living in the barracks ..unlike the cat who buy a 2015 BMW with a 19% interest rate as an E2..just like anything its about being smart 

my best friend went the college route for accounting while i went army right out of high school 
needless to say he's at basic training right now in the same spot i was 4 years ago 
If you were smart you would not have bought an 18k car. Your friend must have fucked up if he went to college for accounting and is now joining the military
why would i not buy an 18K car ?
and life goes differently for everyone 

the thing that i always find amuse is people say the military is so stupid and wasteful and that the people who are in should just go to war and all be combat arms
but if your looking for advice to join they always say go air force or if you go any other branch do an admin job
so do you want it easy or do you want combat?
 do you wanna get paid to do "nothing" or sit and bitch about the people that do nothing 
and waste "your" tax dollars ..prolly 120 bucks a chaco you probably would of spent on fast food and weed 
April 27, 2014 @ 01:29 PM
Jim Jardashian

Yo London, wanna get married? I'm AF. I'll leave my wife. We can live that good double bah life. 
April 27, 2014 @ 03:28 PM
rabbitman

the military is what you make of it. you can easily do 4 years in a role that doesn't see combat, get school paid for 100%, enter school with like 30-40k in the bank @ like 21, then graduate. you can then either re-enlist to a high paying role to utilize your degree or find a civilian job as a veteran. most college kids will graduate with like an average of 50-100k in debt, and a large percentage of college graduates are unemployed. the military is great if you want financial/life stability and oppurtunity, not great if you don't like following orders / doing what others say.

also  a streetwear forum may not be the best place to ask this, as there's a strong fuck the military/cops/government/whatever mentality
most people join with the intent of ima go to school etc etc while I'm in but the job is taxing your always on the go 24/7 
depending on the unit you go to ..i went to 4id and since i became permeant party in 2011 I've been deployed 19 months out of the time since ..not to count the 30 day field problems the 2 week field problems and the 3-5 day field problems 
but you might luck up and get a non deploying or non rapid deploying unit and only really do pt usually 6-7 come bak to work at 9 get off at 1130 for lunch come back at 1300 and get off at 17 ..usually a little earlier than that if you guys are not on the patch chart for the simple fact that with no train up to be forwardly deploy all your doing is "busy work" 
im 22 i bought a 18k car in October of 2012 ..im 3k away from paying it off at a 6.7% APR rate and i came in the dealership with 5k to put down and 0 credit they cut me a deal because I'm military , most of the time there is no ima save up and do this or buy this you typically always have money on hand as a level headed single solider living in the barracks ..unlike the cat who buy a 2015 BMW with a 19% interest rate as an E2..just like anything its about being smart 

my best friend went the college route for accounting while i went army right out of high school 
needless to say he's at basic training right now in the same spot i was 4 years ago 
If you were smart you would not have bought an 18k car. Your friend must have fucked up if he went to college for accounting and is now joining the military
quit hating on people over the internet and do you. you don't know his entire situation or his friend's, so why you taking shots

be careful what you pretend to be

April 27, 2014 @ 03:54 PM
Ruthless

you get a lot of welfare money just for doing physical training, plus you'll most likely never see combat
yeah my homie is getting racks for that shit

almost got me considering doing that shit . . . getting paid for push ups and laps and shit dont sound too bad
If you do your research you can find yourself doin some BS and getting paid. Unless you're makin 30k-40k a year right now. No one in this thread should have shit to say about the military, niggas hating on a steady check & benefits what part of the game is that? I know so many people with degrees in multiple areas who are workin some minimum wage BS till they get lucky and find work until they get laid off again. 

Let me see those downvotes

April 27, 2014 @ 06:26 PM
fakeasslondon

Yo London, wanna get married? I'm AF. I'll leave my wife. We can live that good double bah life. 
marriage is such a joke in the military 
April 27, 2014 @ 07:46 PM
Black Donald Trump

aside from those who go to war obviously

what do people in the army actually DO?

it just always seemed like a too good to be true type thing

if you aren't in combat, what do they pay you to do

forgive my ignorance
Mostly they just sit around on bases doing chores and paperwork and shit, draining hella taxpayer bread . It's always funny to me how super conservative people will think welfare is a crime against humanity but the military are heroes, but its the military that we are paying to sit around and they're taking way more of the budget than welfare. Don't get me wrong the military is necessary and those who die in battle should be remembered as heros, but for the most part the military is basically the biggest cash drain in history
are you upset that you have to pay taxes ?
 the base pay of a non deployed service member varies greatly compared to a deployed service member 
i admit there was  gross overspending during the surge from 2001 to about 2013 
but now we are taking the hits with the budget reform but the money was spent on equipment and training , not salaries
your congress men who sits around and does nothing get paid a whole hell of a lot more that pvt john doe
your talking out of your ass 
I agree the average soldier recruited out of highschool isn't exactly the problem, it's the high ups and the companies with insanely huge government contracts that are the real drain. I'm just saying they have accumulated quite a lot if power using out money and we have no say over anything, and for the most part dont even know what is going on
April 27, 2014 @ 07:53 PM
Black Donald Trump

quit hating on people over the internet and do you. you don't know his entire situation or his friend's, so why you taking shots
You're right I don't, but in general if you're 22 and making entry level army type money, an 18k car is not a good investment. I mean that's like damn near a whole years earnings 
April 28, 2014 @ 12:03 AM
Max S v2

I'm in ROTC in college, I like it
April 28, 2014 @ 12:17 AM
B Low Brown

You're right I don't, but in general if you're 22 and making entry level army type money, an 18k car is not a good investment. I mean that's like damn near a whole years earnings 
You act like he has bills to pay on top of that car payment(which is probably tiny since the car is under 20 grand) That would literally be his only bill aside from random shit like a cell phone 

@b_low_brown Killerbrownies.tumblr.com

April 28, 2014 @ 05:07 AM
fakeasslondon

This whole thread is invalid
April 28, 2014 @ 12:02 PM
Olive C

The good thing about it is that you get: a job, an apartment, health care for life, paid tuition (if you live to go to school afterwards) etc. You could also be in the national guard and get college paid for while you are attending, which isn't a bad deal, but would be very demanding as a student. Also, no smoking weed, etc. The bad thing: you vow to defend the current governement regime, no matter who it is and what you have to do.Are you ready to die for some rich dudes' agendas?Think long and hard about it. For some, who really want to see some action and travel far away, this is a good idea. For others, who are just bored and not sure what to do with their lives, there are probably better options that just aren't obvious to you right now. Take some time to think about it.
April 28, 2014 @ 12:17 PM
ANDY MIAMI

You like being a slave? then go ahead.
April 28, 2014 @ 01:02 PM
fakeasslondon

You like being a slave? then go ahead.
do you live in the real world?
April 28, 2014 @ 07:21 PM
Fonze

Join OP. Das all I gotta say. Don't listen to these negative fuckboys.
April 28, 2014 @ 08:28 PM
aWizard

Take the ASVAB and see what you get. I took that shit on one days notice the day after graduating high school and got a 95. Went to college for a year and decided I wasn't about to owe hundreds of thousands of financial aid for an engineering degree. I work with computer technology bullshit now, with jobs outside the military paying over 90K a year doing the civilian equivalent. One of my co-workers is set to get out this summer and is trying to move to Germany. He put in a bunch of job applications for government contracting work and there wasn't a single job paying under 100K. 

tl;dr
If you join make sure you are doing something where there is work outside the military.
April 28, 2014 @ 11:21 PM
AmericanLegend

new slaves           

taste the glamour

Please login first to reply.