FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (48 HOURS ONLY)
April 23, 2014 @ 11:27 PM
NOLACKING

so today a recruiter came up to my school and was telling us about how great it was and how theres alot of benefits ...
do any of yall know anyone or have been in the army , and is it worth joining?
April 23, 2014 @ 11:45 PM
ninedthree

really dependds how u look at it/

first and foremost y would u consider to join?

do u wanna travel?
would you use it to access and have financial support to get an education?
do u wanna make a rough estimate of 24k??

http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/217830 supercali2015

April 23, 2014 @ 11:47 PM
WCDon

If you have no other ambitions with your life then go for it

THIS CANDYLAND NIGGA

April 23, 2014 @ 11:49 PM
*ER!C

I always wanted to join and be a grunt (infantry), but the older I got, the more I was against what our military's doing in other countries, specifically the middle east .. I wouldn't do it OP, give yourself a few more years to think about it and then decide.  If you enlist without giving it any thought, you might decide you fucking hate it, but it's too late at that point .. Wait a few years.
April 23, 2014 @ 11:50 PM
nat turner

really dependds how u look at it/

first and foremost y would u consider to join?

do u wanna travel?
would you use it to access and have financial support to get an education?
do u wanna make a rough estimate of 24k??
True. There can be good and bad. You could be sent to war but I think most soldiers never see a battle. They are able to live abroad but in many cases, ppl don't like military cuz they're rude and dicks...you could be the exception. 
They can help pay for your education. I think the money is untaxed but still kinda low wages.

http://pureandgood.tumblr.com/ IG: thevictoryspeech

April 24, 2014 @ 12:00 AM
smartmonkey

Be a man

~chinese accent.

FOLLOW ME @ https://twitter.com/Fhenomenon1

April 24, 2014 @ 12:14 AM
NapoleonComplex

well as long as we maintain a foreign policy of disengagement in hot zones and depending on what branch. 
Navy -enjoy Japan bruh
Air Force -your gonna be playing video games with Pakistani villages in the mountains of Montana 
Army -only as a last resort or maintaining a presence in key areas (North-South Korean Border, Germany, Japan Iraq the likes)
Marines -if foreign policy changes you'll probs die in combat. 

The benefits of joining are amazing, if you survive potential combat. 
Just realize what the fuck you are getting into. You are being trained to kill and defend US Foreign Interests. (Youre not defending democracy or freedom btw) Don't join, see combat, and get PTSD like a bitch. Be a fucking Soldier. 

FUCK DREWBACCA | smh fuck REVS to....

April 24, 2014 @ 12:45 AM
Dunes

ask wehatelondon

buy my stuff: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/208108

April 24, 2014 @ 01:11 AM
Think People

well as long as we maintain a foreign policy of disengagement in hot zones and depending on what branch. 
Navy -enjoy Japan bruh
Air Force -your gonna be playing video games with Pakistani villages in the mountains of Montana 
Army -only as a last resort or maintaining a presence in key areas (North-South Korean Border, Germany, Japan Iraq the likes)
Marines -if foreign policy changes you'll probs die in combat. 

The benefits of joining are amazing, if you survive potential combat. 
Just realize what the fuck you are getting into. You are being trained to kill and defend US Foreign Interests. (Youre not defending democracy or freedom btw) Don't join, see combat, and get PTSD like a bitch. Be a fucking Soldier. 
couldn't have said it any better myself
April 24, 2014 @ 03:21 AM
Black Donald Trump

It's not worth it
April 24, 2014 @ 03:54 AM
spacekoon

If you don't mind killing innocent people that have nothing to do with terrorism or attacking the US and are just protecting their land then sure why not? Don't plan on the government giving you good medical care after all that irradiated ammo give you cancer though, or a job ever again after a leg gets blown off cause you harassed the locals thanks to your COs orders.

You're basically there to harass people and keep them away from areas that we're taking over, setting up bases, and removing resources from. And since Obama is getting more troops into Afghanistan you'll probably end up there. The army is just like the police. They'll put you in the shittiest situation first to break you in and if you make it then you have a choice where to go if you know the right people.

Go to college while being a waiter. You'll make more money and eat better.

"The thirst is strong with this one."

April 24, 2014 @ 04:04 AM
Black Donald Trump

There are many better options than the military
April 24, 2014 @ 05:04 AM
Ruthless

There are many better options than the army
Fixed.

Let me see those downvotes

April 24, 2014 @ 05:53 AM
Gwyn

Ruthless didn't you say you were joining?
What branch?
- I've been at my school for almost two months, and the military has treated me perfectly fine, I'm getting paid to earn an education/ qualifications, food is free, housing is free, if you can manage yourself then good, a lot of people who join the military always have some fucked up background it seems, I joined out of spite and it's been good to me, if any branch, try to go Air Force out of the selected branches.

"..wearing the usual, because why would i bother wearing something else?" - bill

April 24, 2014 @ 07:56 AM
spriteremix

you gotta be stupid as fuck or have absolutely no goals or dreams in life to join the fuckboy army

shits a joke stop getting brainwashed 
April 24, 2014 @ 01:01 PM
rabbitman

the military is what you make of it. you can easily do 4 years in a role that doesn't see combat, get school paid for 100%, enter school with like 30-40k in the bank @ like 21, then graduate. you can then either re-enlist to a high paying role to utilize your degree or find a civilian job as a veteran. most college kids will graduate with like an average of 50-100k in debt, and a large percentage of college graduates are unemployed. the military is great if you want financial/life stability and oppurtunity, not great if you don't like following orders / doing what others say.

also  a streetwear forum may not be the best place to ask this, as there's a strong fuck the military/cops/government/whatever mentality

be careful what you pretend to be

April 25, 2014 @ 05:23 AM
W33ZY

if you have to ask then its not for you
April 25, 2014 @ 06:34 AM
from02hero

ask wehatelondon
i haven't seen him in a while what happen to him

IG:From0twohero

April 25, 2014 @ 07:04 AM
mackness

ask wehatelondon
he posts from time to time but army had him doing something I forget what though, limited his posting until the summer I think

"mack you get a pass for wearing female pants i aint even gonna ether you anymore" Powercum http://jnmcknss.tumblr.com/

April 25, 2014 @ 04:02 PM
fakeasslondon

the military is what you make of it. you can easily do 4 years in a role that doesn't see combat, get school paid for 100%, enter school with like 30-40k in the bank @ like 21, then graduate. you can then either re-enlist to a high paying role to utilize your degree or find a civilian job as a veteran. most college kids will graduate with like an average of 50-100k in debt, and a large percentage of college graduates are unemployed. the military is great if you want financial/life stability and oppurtunity, not great if you don't like following orders / doing what others say.

also  a streetwear forum may not be the best place to ask this, as there's a strong fuck the military/cops/government/whatever mentality
most people join with the intent of ima go to school etc etc while I'm in but the job is taxing your always on the go 24/7 
depending on the unit you go to ..i went to 4id and since i became permeant party in 2011 I've been deployed 19 months out of the time since ..not to count the 30 day field problems the 2 week field problems and the 3-5 day field problems 
but you might luck up and get a non deploying or non rapid deploying unit and only really do pt usually 6-7 come bak to work at 9 get off at 1130 for lunch come back at 1300 and get off at 17 ..usually a little earlier than that if you guys are not on the patch chart for the simple fact that with no train up to be forwardly deploy all your doing is "busy work" 
im 22 i bought a 18k car in October of 2012 ..im 3k away from paying it off at a 6.7% APR rate and i came in the dealership with 5k to put down and 0 credit they cut me a deal because I'm military , most of the time there is no ima save up and do this or buy this you typically always have money on hand as a level headed single solider living in the barracks ..unlike the cat who buy a 2015 BMW with a 19% interest rate as an E2..just like anything its about being smart 

my best friend went the college route for accounting while i went army right out of high school 
needless to say he's at basic training right now in the same spot i was 4 years ago 
April 25, 2014 @ 04:07 PM
fakeasslondon

ask wehatelondon
he posts from time to time but army had him doing something I forget what though, limited his posting until the summer I think
im in kuwait 

and the whole seeing war thing blah blah blah 
you can be combat arms and never be in a line unit 
11b in an HHC or an HHT just train never really do anything
its all about placement like i spoke of above with you duty station you get picked up at
most folks who claim ptsd have never been in direct combat
on my last deployment we had small arms fire and vbieds going off right outside the gate for over 10 hours before the finally did hail fire on the building they were shooting from 
its all about mental strength 
its not for the faint of heart or the thin skinned  
theres a lot of bigger picture actions at work 
you begin to see dots connect and why this happen and why you have to do this or vis versa 
its americas interests indeed 
we are not the global super heroes 
April 25, 2014 @ 07:26 PM
DaPark

ask wehatelondon
he's pretty active on IG and I'd say he still lurks on the forum

EDIT: posted above me

in other words, if your family against it then still do it if you're having troubles with college

hb weindis "No wonder drake makes love songs. Seeing all these 10's around toronto. damn. Just gained alot of dislike for my city."

April 26, 2014 @ 03:47 AM
Glo'bito

ask wehatelondon
he said he coming back in the summer

“those who break the rules are scum, but those who abandon their friends are worse than scum.”

April 26, 2014 @ 05:08 AM
Ape

aside from those who go to war obviously

what do people in the army actually DO?

it just always seemed like a too good to be true type thing

if you aren't in combat, what do they pay you to do

forgive my ignorance

http://WORLDWIDEwavy.tumblr.com/

April 26, 2014 @ 06:28 AM
AmericanLegend

ape fell off        

taste the glamour

April 26, 2014 @ 07:27 AM
Ruthless

forgive my ignorance
There are plenty of other things to do besides being an infantryman

but tbh unless you actually wanna see action you're better off in the Air Force & coast guard.. Get yourself a nice desk job with all the benefits of being in the military

Let me see those downvotes

April 26, 2014 @ 04:22 PM
Black Donald Trump

most people join with the intent of ima go to school etc etc while I'm in but the job is taxing your always on the go 24/7 
depending on the unit you go to ..i went to 4id and since i became permeant party in 2011 I've been deployed 19 months out of the time since ..not to count the 30 day field problems the 2 week field problems and the 3-5 day field problems 
but you might luck up and get a non deploying or non rapid deploying unit and only really do pt usually 6-7 come bak to work at 9 get off at 1130 for lunch come back at 1300 and get off at 17 ..usually a little earlier than that if you guys are not on the patch chart for the simple fact that with no train up to be forwardly deploy all your doing is "busy work" 
im 22 i bought a 18k car in October of 2012 ..im 3k away from paying it off at a 6.7% APR rate and i came in the dealership with 5k to put down and 0 credit they cut me a deal because I'm military , most of the time there is no ima save up and do this or buy this you typically always have money on hand as a level headed single solider living in the barracks ..unlike the cat who buy a 2015 BMW with a 19% interest rate as an E2..just like anything its about being smart 

my best friend went the college route for accounting while i went army right out of high school 
needless to say he's at basic training right now in the same spot i was 4 years ago 
If you were smart you would not have bought an 18k car. Your friend must have fucked up if he went to college for accounting and is now joining the military
April 26, 2014 @ 04:29 PM
Black Donald Trump

forgive my ignorance
Mostly they just sit around on bases doing chores and paperwork and shit, draining hella taxpayer bread . It's always funny to me how super conservative people will think welfare is a crime against humanity but the military are heroes, but its the military that we are paying to sit around and they're taking way more of the budget than welfare. Don't get me wrong the military is necessary and those who die in battle should be remembered as heros, but for the most part the military is basically the biggest cash drain in history
April 26, 2014 @ 09:35 PM
brittneykitty

you get a lot of welfare money just for doing physical training, plus you'll most likely never see combat

the front of the mazzi look like a fork dont it

April 27, 2014 @ 02:37 AM
Ape

you get a lot of welfare money just for doing physical training, plus you'll most likely never see combat
yeah my homie is getting racks for that shit

almost got me considering doing that shit . . . getting paid for push ups and laps and shit dont sound too bad

http://WORLDWIDEwavy.tumblr.com/

Please login first to reply.