April 20, 2014 @ 05:55 AM
jafeel

I know a lot of you guys lift, but do any of you guys fuck with running? Im about to sign up and start training for my first marathon and was just wondering if any of my brethren have done any serious long distance running and have tips etc.

I run 10-15 miles a week and my mile is 5:30.
April 20, 2014 @ 06:23 AM
Reptile

make sure your form is good and you have the right shoes. imagine your hips as a bowl of water and you don't want to spill any of it
April 20, 2014 @ 06:36 AM
jafeel

Forgot to add, since this is my first I'm aiming for a sub 4 so roughly 9 minute pace
April 20, 2014 @ 06:39 AM
DarianaGrande

make sure your form is good and you have the right shoes. imagine your hips as a bowl of water and you don't want to spill any of it
This the most sus first post I ever seen.

http://soundcloud.com/anonymousnigger

April 20, 2014 @ 06:44 AM
Reptile

This the most sus first post I ever seen.
found an article. they say bowl of marbles but w/e

http://www.runnersworld.com/running-tips/perfect-form
April 20, 2014 @ 06:51 AM
liamneeson

Without knowing your current fitness level or experience it's hardto offer much advice. But get the right shoes and if you're just starting, make sure you gradually increase your distance leading up to the marathon.
April 20, 2014 @ 08:59 AM
Ruthless

I been running to get ready for bootcamp, I gotta run a mile & a half in 12:30 & I can do it on the treadmill but barely and I'm like dying after. And I get the shits sometimes after I run wtf. I read that that shit happens cause I'm pushing myself too hard so I'm just running a little slower for twice as long until I feel comfortable running like that again 

yes I'm hella outta shape. Being skinny & having a little muscle doesn't automatically make you in shape, like I assumed smh 

Let me see those downvotes

April 20, 2014 @ 09:01 AM
fakeasslondon

April 20, 2014 @ 02:03 PM
meFLOW

fuck jogging that shit is too slow 

2013 summer fit battle champion buying 7.5 visvim kiefers eFLOW

April 23, 2014 @ 07:03 PM
Ruthless

I been running to get ready for bootcamp, I gotta run a mile & a half in 12:30 & I can do it on the treadmill but barely and I'm like dying after. And I get the shits sometimes after I run wtf. I read that that shit happens cause I'm pushing myself too hard so I'm just running a little slower for twice as long until I feel comfortable running like that again 

yes I'm hella outta shape. Being skinny & having a little muscle doesn't automatically make you in shape, like I assumed smh 
Ran a mile & a half in 11:30 and didn't even feel like shit after  Progress baby 

April 23, 2014 @ 07:28 PM
truuuchainz

i assumed that too till i actually had to run one day sad
April 23, 2014 @ 07:35 PM
Ruthless

i assumed that too till i actually had to run one day 
I started the first run like "this is easy, only fat people have trouble doing this"

2 minutes later my body was like

April 23, 2014 @ 07:43 PM
iggyhaxor

I been doin cardio the past month trying to get shredded as fuark
April 24, 2014 @ 12:26 AM
NapoleonComplex

I do two miles a day.
best mile time is 6:30
tryna get back to football fitness days could run 4-5 miles without completely feeling gassed.  

FUCK DREWBACCA | smh fuck REVS to....

April 24, 2014 @ 12:46 AM
Captain Al

what do you guys run in?

been running in a pair of flyknit racers for the past few months and i'm having a lot of shin and calf pain. 

my pair is pretty beat, like my feet cave inward idk why...  plus when it rains my feet get wet... and muddy. smdh

tumblr: bankpaper.tumblr.com Instagram: @bankpaper

April 24, 2014 @ 12:51 AM
liamneeson

I try run on grass most days, for which I use football (soccer boots) or free trails. If I have to run on road I use Flyknit Lunar 1s.

I have heard that flyknit racers and trainers are shit for running in, so that could explain the pain.
April 24, 2014 @ 01:10 AM
Kilog

I run in flynit lunar 1s. Probably the best pair of running shoes I've owned.
April 24, 2014 @ 01:21 AM
NapoleonComplex

i've run in lunarglides, flyknits lunar and racer, free runs the likes. I really like the Lunarglides but I'm currently running in the Brooks Transcend. They are amazing better than my Nikes. 

April 24, 2014 @ 01:35 AM
Sentimental

Running is second nature to me after basketball. But lately I havent been playin ball cause my new gym aint got no court, so running's been my alternative. I work out at the gym 6 days a week and I begin my warm up with a 30 min run on the tread mill every time. Depends on how hard I want to work out, I switch it from a long distant jog, to a moderate run, or even doing sprints. I make sure that I do at LEAST 3 miles even if im sore as hell.For shoes, I run in my roshes and in my nike powerlines 2 (soles are like free runs). I've never really had any problems because its on a tread mill, so they're holding up pretty well for how much I use them. But some day I hope to make a crew and hit these streetz gyakusou style! also im not white

April 24, 2014 @ 01:41 AM
johnathan

Running is second nature to me after basketball. But lately I havent been playin ball cause my new gym aint got no court, so running's been my alternative. I work out at the gym 6 days a week and I begin my warm up with a 30 min run on the tread mill every time. Depends on how hard I want to work out, I switch it from a long distant jog, to a moderate run, or even doing sprints. I make sure that I do at LEAST 3 miles even if im sore as hell.For shoes, I run in my roshes and in my nike powerlines 2 (soles are like free runs). I've never really had any problems because its on a tread mill, so they're holding up pretty well for how much I use them. But some day I hope to make a crew and hit these streetz gyakusou style! also im not white

do u even lift

free max b 2013

April 24, 2014 @ 01:43 AM
liamneeson

I run in my roshes and in my nike powerlines 2 (soles are like free runs). I've never really had any problems because its on a tread mill

You run in roshes? What's that like, mine are too floppy for my liking, can't imagine what they'd be like to run it!

Asics are also pretty good. If you near a beach run in barefeet
April 24, 2014 @ 01:46 AM
NapoleonComplex

bruh how do u run in roshes? 

April 24, 2014 @ 01:57 AM
Captain Al

go to local marathons. i went to my first last fall and met some really cool people. it was a great experience. 

gotta go to a bigger one next time. and start running outside b... it's a lot better visually, and physically. (esp from the musty indoor air)

anybody here hike? or do biking? I'm really trying to get into biking this summer too. 

tumblr: bankpaper.tumblr.com Instagram: @bankpaper

April 24, 2014 @ 02:02 AM
Black Donald Trump

Running fucking sucks ass. I have to be playing basketball or soccer or running suicides or stairs or something. Can't fuck with that running for no reason shit. Also if you do suicides or a series of more intense sprints and things like that you can get as good of a workout in way less time than running 4 miles
April 24, 2014 @ 02:05 AM
Black Donald Trump

go to local marathons. i went to my first last fall and met some really cool people. it was a great experience. 

gotta go to a bigger one next time. and start running outside b... it's a lot better visually, and physically. (esp from the musty indoor air)

anybody here hike? or do biking? I'm really trying to get into biking this summer too. 
I fuck with biking but I'm hesitant to get more serious about it because I really don't trust drivers, I know some people who have gotten super fucked up getting hit by cars
April 24, 2014 @ 02:43 AM
guyitsmathew

look for a spot that can do a gait analysis so you can cop the right shoes

used to run 5ks daily for fun and just to clear the mind but haven't ran in a couple of months so im probably off my shit. 
been playin too much ball lately lol

http://www.guyitsmathew.net/

April 24, 2014 @ 02:51 AM
chief

Anybody run the Tough Mudder before? I'm doing one it in September. It's essentially a 12 mile with obstacle courses implanted along the way. I'm assuming it's easier than a straight 12 mile since there'll be a waiting line to go through the obstacles

•••

April 24, 2014 @ 04:05 AM
Sentimental

do u even lift
yes, do you?
bruh how do u run in roshes? 
The soles are hella soft and I said that ive been running on the treadmill, but if I was hiking or running on streets I'd use running shoes
I run in my roshes and in my nike powerlines 2 (soles are like free runs). I've never really had any problems because its on a tread mill

You run in roshes? What's that like, mine are too floppy for my liking, can't imagine what they'd be like to run it!

Asics are also pretty good. If you near a beach run in barefeet
check your sizing!
April 24, 2014 @ 04:29 AM
Black Donald Trump

Check this out tho 
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/panstudio/run-an-empire-the-real-world-territory-control-gam

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hIdZqZCZi0w
April 24, 2014 @ 05:57 AM
Frodizzi

Anybody run the Tough Mudder before? I'm doing one it in September. It's essentially a 12 mile with obstacle courses implanted along the way. I'm assuming it's easier than a straight 12 mile since there'll be a waiting line to go through the obstacles
Brought my ass out of lurk mode. Just did the one in NorCal and had a fucking blast. I cramped up hardcore about 4 miles in though and had to grind through. It was hilly as shit tho. Def check out the map beforehand to see what the terrain is like.

Last summer I was running 7 miles every other day, but had to stop due to school. I'm lucky if I work out once a week now. I ran 10 miles two weeks before to make sure my legs would hold up and was fine. So the terrain definitely makes a difference. Don't believe the hype. There's absolutely no reason not to finish. The stuff I read online made it seem impossible and that I was gonna get battered. I walked away from that shit with one scrape on my leg. I attempted every obstacle and went all out the whole way, so it's definitely not as bad as people say. Was harder than I thought it was gonna be though.

EDIT: Just noticed your location. You doing the Seattle one? I was thinking of going up to get one more in before this years wraps up. Tryna put together a HB team? Haha.

Please login first to reply.