Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
April 25, 2014 @ 04:04 PM
all_seeing_eye

i have worked in many restaurants and as a line cook/manager and i have to call complete bullshit on this "dropping your food" if its sent back
i have worked with a lot of assholes and scum, and cooks get really annoyed when food is sent back, because they think being able to use a knife and plate some food makes them the shit...but never have i seen anyone purposely taint food to get revenge on a customer.  i'm not even sure it would be satisfying.  
dealing with picky customers can be incredibly annoying but the best way to deal with them is to just give them what they want, even if it's a whole new plate of food.  it's not worth it to lose your job serving something dirty.  most chefs take that very seriously and would fire a cook on the spot for doing anything like it.    

i wish i had some sort of inside secrets for the restaurant industry, but there really isn't any.  being polite, tipping well and treating staff with dignity is the best way to get good service or hooked up.  if theres any places you go to regularly make an attempt to learn the staff's name and form a relationship.  you never know.  my local pizza spot used to throw me an extra slice just cuz.  

i guess one thing you can do to get some extra free grub is to fake an error.  for example, you order a burger and fries, when it's served eat a fry or make sure the server sees you touch them, then very politely say a mistake has been made, you wanted a side salad instead.  most good places won't take the fries back and just give you the damn salad.  i worked at panera for a summer and people would always try to give an apple back and get chips...like dude your grubby fingers are on the apple right now, i can't take that back.  or they would say their side was forgotten (we never forget to give people a side), but it's like, you want another piece of bread just politely ask...you don't need to insult us...

most things in life actually are a delicate balance between being assertive while being polite, it's hard to say no to someone that caught you offguard by asserting themselves in a nice way...
This shit got me weak for days. lol
i heard if u go to an asian massage parlor and ask for the pinoy special 
they put on a strap-on and fuck u in the ass to ur pleasure \
havent confirmed though
3 pinoys caught feels lol. 
how does a guy from houston even know what a pinoy is
Houston got a jollibee bruh what you think 
wow didn't even know 
i've personally been to the highest spawning point of pinoys in california aka daly city so i dont think its the same ratio

http://bit.ly/U7UkoF

April 26, 2014 @ 12:46 AM
KiddCoast

Any body work at cellphone service providers like Verizon or cable company's like cox? I feel like there's a buncha secrets that could help HB shine

Twitter: @KiddCoast

April 26, 2014 @ 05:43 AM
ftx

posted at the wrong thread lol
April 26, 2014 @ 06:14 AM
slytendencies

Worked at a target electronic section as my first job, if they dont have something in stock that you want always ask them to double check in the back even if they say they are sure they dont have any left, 80% of the time its just because they dont want to have it brought out/go get it, also i heard about this happening a couple times but wasnt working there when it happened but when you ask for a video game be very polite and make up an excuse to pay at the front registers instead of the electronics register, we arent supposed to allow it but unless the worker is a dick they will usually say its fine, after this you can pretend to try something on in the fitting room and take out the disk and ditch the case and walk out of the store, again i never tried it but there were about 4 incidents where empty video game cases were found in dressing rooms
May 1, 2014 @ 12:48 AM
Usernamewoods

http://hackthemenu.com/

secret menus--- im guessing a lot of you guys know but regardless it is kinda cool, i have ordered the pink starburst smoothie from jamba juice and it was actually a lot like a strawberry starburst

-Caterpillar
I've had that captain crunch one from starbucks - tastes exactly like captain crunch
May 1, 2014 @ 01:09 AM
SonOfRise

i have worked in many restaurants and as a line cook/manager and i have to call complete bullshit on this "dropping your food" if its sent back
i have worked with a lot of assholes and scum, and cooks get really annoyed when food is sent back, because they think being able to use a knife and plate some food makes them the shit...but never have i seen anyone purposely taint food to get revenge on a customer.  i'm not even sure it would be satisfying.  
dealing with picky customers can be incredibly annoying but the best way to deal with them is to just give them what they want, even if it's a whole new plate of food.  it's not worth it to lose your job serving something dirty.  most chefs take that very seriously and would fire a cook on the spot for doing anything like it.    

i wish i had some sort of inside secrets for the restaurant industry, but there really isn't any.  being polite, tipping well and treating staff with dignity is the best way to get good service or hooked up.  if theres any places you go to regularly make an attempt to learn the staff's name and form a relationship.  you never know.  my local pizza spot used to throw me an extra slice just cuz.  

i guess one thing you can do to get some extra free grub is to fake an error.  for example, you order a burger and fries, when it's served eat a fry or make sure the server sees you touch them, then very politely say a mistake has been made, you wanted a side salad instead.  most good places won't take the fries back and just give you the damn salad.  i worked at panera for a summer and people would always try to give an apple back and get chips...like dude your grubby fingers are on the apple right now, i can't take that back.  or they would say their side was forgotten (we never forget to give people a side), but it's like, you want another piece of bread just politely ask...you don't need to insult us...

most things in life actually are a delicate balance between being assertive while being polite, it's hard to say no to someone that caught you offguard by asserting themselves in a nice way...
This shit got me weak for days. lol
i heard if u go to an asian massage parlor and ask for the pinoy special 
they put on a strap-on and fuck u in the ass to ur pleasure \
havent confirmed though
3 pinoys caught feels lol. 
how does a guy from houston even know what a pinoy is
been here since the hate for pinoys caught on. the hate was real back then tho lol. 
Lol hate forasians is so underrated here in houston. 
The hate gets shadowed by the hate for mexicans. 
In so ho there is tons of hate for blacks by Mexicans and vice versa 
but when Asians get involved man it's crazy. 
Tbh I never met a punk Asian in houston. They are always classy. The ones I met. 

Zooey Deschanel is the most perfect person on this earth and i love her more than anything and we are gettin married #2017!!!

May 17, 2014 @ 08:29 PM
Smalls

One of the best threads on here.

"I'm killin y'all niggas on that lyrical shit. Mayonnaise colored Benz, I push miracle whips."

May 17, 2014 @ 09:27 PM
Thibault

If you frequent an Apple store that is busy/in a busy area, download the Apple Store app. Surprisingly Apple doesn't advertise this app too much but if you need a genius bar appointment and they say they are fully booked the app usually has appointments for people who book directly through the app that you nor the employee would know about otherwise. It also allows you to look up customer reviews and ring yourself up for accessories from the walls, once you pay it populates and electronic email on your phone but no one really checks because they want to show their customers they trust them. 

Also a little complaining or bringing a manager into a situation can go a long way, depending on the store.
May 17, 2014 @ 11:01 PM
all_seeing_eye

If you frequent an Apple store that is busy/in a busy area, download the Apple Store app. Surprisingly Apple doesn't advertise this app too much but if you need a genius bar appointment and they say they are fully booked the app usually has appointments for people who book directly through the app that you nor the employee would know about otherwise. It also allows you to look up customer reviews and ring yourself up for accessories from the walls, once you pay it populates and electronic email on your phone but no one really checks because they want to show their customers they trust them. 

Also a little complaining or bringing a manager into a situation can go a long way, depending on the store.
who uses apple still post jobs death
android ftw

May 17, 2014 @ 11:20 PM
all_seeing_eye

why is cory in the house in a tub of mcdonalds

May 18, 2014 @ 02:11 AM
THEBIGNB

At nordstrom you can do pretty much whatever you want and the employees have to take it bc customer service.
same with macy's. sold a guy a pair of nikes, he came back 9 months later beat to shit saying they're uncomfortable and he got a new pair for free.

And all this talk about sending food back, do you guys actually do that shit? never in my life have i actually considered telling the waitor/waitress to take back my food and give me something better.  just seems like such a piece of shit thing to do 
i disagree with this shit. I've worked in the kitchen of multiple restaurants since i was 14 (20 now) and nothing like this would ever go down. maybe at a place like olive garden or a peasant joint but never in a nice place. if y'all are paying 40 bucks for a filet you asked to be rare and you get it well done you have every right to send that shit back. i won't be mad. really just depends on where your eating i suppose.

#508 FOR SALE MEDALS BUCKET HAT http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/200889

May 18, 2014 @ 02:13 AM
THEBIGNB

I worked in a casual but high end restaurant. Prices weren't high end but the atmosphere and clientele were.

The chef and all the cooks take pride in their work. If a dish was not prepared to their standards they'd start over again. If a dish for a group was made too early and was getting cold a new one would be made. If your steak was more/less rare than you asked a new one would be made. We will make any modifications you ask for to your dish that are possible. Drinks would not be served in glasses with any smudges.
this is what I'm saying, facts. 

#508 FOR SALE MEDALS BUCKET HAT http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/200889

May 18, 2014 @ 02:27 AM
brittneykitty

any of u niggas work at the podium for self checkouts at walmart? got some questions

i dont fuck with u niggas, i own da clippers

May 18, 2014 @ 05:09 AM
Llama

At bubble tea joints mostly everything on the menu is artificial shit, tapiocas been left out in the open for a long ass time. But I mean if you chill there your bound to pull some asian hoes. 
May 18, 2014 @ 06:07 AM
all_seeing_eye

Have you tried a real taro smoothie tastes like someone blended a potato artificial ftw

May 18, 2014 @ 06:17 AM
Rekuso

Alright this one is for my broke boiis

Calvin Klein/Outlet Mall Stores
These stores will see you stealing 99% of the time never think your slick even if your friends tell you the cameras don't work, they do work. BUT if you come in with a bag from another store ie: Nike you can take anything you want and stick it in your bag and just walk out, most of these stores have people at the door and since they more than likely know you're stealing this person will ask you to stop and for permission to check your bags. Simply say no and they can't do anything, make sure it's not a bag from the same store you are stealing from though because if it's from their store they can check it. Once you exit the store you can leave casually walk out of the mall you don't even have to run since they can't chase you, the one I used to work at didn't even call security or the cops. So many people used to do this regularly, one time this Indian guy came in with a big empty Nike bag, opened it and just slid a whole stack of shirts into his bag and walked out. We all saw it but didn't do anything.
has anyone actually done this?
imma try it out at urban next week

http://instagram.com/quinnrekuso

May 18, 2014 @ 07:49 PM
wh0die

If you're going to do it @Rekuso make sure you do it around closing time on a weekday. Most people will be in a rush to close the store so they will be more preoccupied with folding the clothes and cleaning the store than customer service since they want to leave as soon as the mall closes so they can go home. I'm not sure how old you have to be to work at Urban but if they have HS kids even better because they will be in an even bigger rush to get home. Just don't be sketchy about it and good luck.
May 19, 2014 @ 01:39 AM
isthistobe

The Nike store return policy permits returns for any reason within 30 days of the purchase date
May 20, 2014 @ 03:58 AM
WasianGuy

These stores will see you stealing 99% of the time never think your slick even if your friends tell you the cameras don't work, they do work. BUT if you come in with a bag from another store ie: Nike you can take anything you want and stick it in your bag and just walk out, most of these stores have people at the door and since they more than likely know you're stealing this person will ask you to stop and for permission to check your bags. Simply say no and they can't do anything, make sure it's not a bag from the same store you are stealing from though because if it's from their store they can check it. Once you exit the store you can leave casually walk out of the mall you don't even have to run since they can't chase you, the one I used to work at didn't even call security or the cops. So many people used to do this regularly, one time this Indian guy came in with a big empty Nike bag, opened it and just slid a whole stack of shirts into his bag and walked out. We all saw it but didn't do anything.
let us know how it goes fam

BiG BALLiN iN CHiCAG0

May 26, 2014 @ 12:18 PM
nickcfh

Ive gone on tour a few times with a friends band maybe every other day we would call every chipotle in town, ask for the manager, and tell them we were in a out of state band on tour, vegan, without money, and for whatever reason 8/10 of those chipotles were totally understandable and gave us all free food.

whole food gave us bags filled with fruits and veggies using the same story. Worked at 4/5 whole food stores.

Church's Chicken has it in their handbook that if someone walks up to the window hungry and without money they can get two drumsticks, fries, and a drink.

Being the head chef for a catering company make sure to ask if there is a pastry chef in house for your private event other wise all you're going to get  frozen Sara Lee cakes that are thawed out and cut up that cost us $25.00 for a box of three cakes and you'll get charged $100.00 per cake. Total rip off.

If you need work shoes boots/non slip shoes buy them from payless. Payless offers a lifetime guarantee on all of their shoes. I wait until there's signs of midsole separation and exchange them for a new pair.

instagram - @nickcfh

May 26, 2014 @ 03:27 PM
all_seeing_eye

Dead at "vegan" haha

May 26, 2014 @ 04:06 PM
all_seeing_eye

if anyone gets those random starbucks giftcards as gifts don't throw it away... just register the bday and get a free drink once per year... anyone with multiple cards can choose when there "bday" is they dont check id

May 26, 2014 @ 10:13 PM
REVS

This is how it is at most places, not even just clothing stores. I use to work for Kroger (not sure if anyone has heard of it) in high school, which has stores all over the country. Gas stations, grocery stores, etc. And I saw people stealing all the time. But we weren't allowed to approach anyone. It's all from a legal standpoint, because on the off chance that they didn't steal anything, you have a law suit on your hands. 

I prefer carcinogens to endorphins.

5 days ago
Wiseguy

bump bring dis bitch back
5 days ago
from02hero

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
4 days ago
yar

This is how it is at most places, not even just clothing stores. I use to work for Kroger (not sure if anyone has heard of it) in high school, which has stores all over the country. Gas stations, grocery stores, etc. And I saw people stealing all the time. But we weren't allowed to approach anyone. It's all from a legal standpoint, because on the off chance that they didn't steal anything, you have a law suit on your hands. 
what about the sensors at the door???
3 days ago
all_seeing_eye

what about the sensors at the door???
open the door, get on the floor

3 days ago
Herban

the biggest perk of being a doctor in the hospital is unlimited amounts of free food... doesn't apply to nurses or lower... if anyone is planning to become a doctor you basically set with free food for life

on the other hand if you were to volunteer at a hospital you can get free food... alot of times restaurant quality but might be diff due to how different cafeterias are
Actually, this is partly true. As a physician, you may not eat for free at your hospital's cafeteria, but there are rooms in the hospital strictly assigned for doctors only where there is always some type of food spread layed out for physicians. You basically walk in, take what you want to eat, and walk out. It's all free as well I might add. But that statement "set for life" only applies to a doctor that's at work.
3 days ago
Herban

the biggest perk of being a doctor in the hospital is unlimited amounts of free food... doesn't apply to nurses or lower... if anyone is planning to become a doctor you basically set with free food for life

on the other hand if you were to volunteer at a hospital you can get free food... alot of times restaurant quality but might be diff due to how different cafeterias are
Actually, this is partly true. As a physician, you may not eat for free at your hospital's cafeteria, but there are rooms in the hospital strictly assigned for doctors only where there is always some type of food spread layed out for physicians. You basically walk in, take what you want to eat, and walk out. It's all free as well I might add. But that statement "set for life" only applies to a doctor that's at work.
3 days ago
all_seeing_eye

exactly which is why i just said doctor
they have access to the fresh fruits and other exclusives not found in the normal cafeteria

Please login first to reply.