Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
April 17, 2014 @ 09:26 PM
cheyaaa

@ black donald trump- You can still make a decent living doing fine arts. Honestly, It's up to you to make that happen. You can major in finance, accounting, computer science, engineering, etc, but if don't take the initiative to rack up internships, related work experience or do extracurriculars, no matter your major, you will be stuck unemployed like the rest. It's fierce out there. 

FOLLOW ME @ https://twitter.com/Fhenomenon1

April 19, 2014 @ 03:29 AM
W33ZY

How does one go about finding out what you want to do in life but having no idea what to do? Like no prominent interest in just one thing..
April 19, 2014 @ 03:34 AM
deltron

Studying economics with a minor in math.

Wanna live dat Wolf of Wall St life.
so you plan on fucking people over in penny stocks? because you dont really need to go to college for that.

also last person who did something similar to jordan belfort was Bernie Madoff, (free my nigga madoff) is in jail serving hard time.

unless youre in an ivy league/ top tier school and have connects, dont bank on making that kind of money.

i really dislike ppl like you who watched WOWS and didnt understand what it was actually about.
April 19, 2014 @ 04:15 AM
Tierra y Libertad

Hey man, it's a good paying job, but that shit is boring and repetitive as fuck.
word. switching up majors for fall
April 19, 2014 @ 04:46 AM
origins

so you plan on fucking people over in penny stocks? because you dont really need to go to college for that.

also last person who did something similar to jordan belfort was Bernie Madoff, (free my nigga madoff) is in jail serving hard time.

unless youre in an ivy league/ top tier school and have connects, dont bank on making that kind of money.

i really dislike ppl like you who watched WOWS and didnt understand what it was actually about.
lol, love all these kids getting into stocks after that movie - it's a bloodbath out there, especially penny stocks. But damn, if you know what you're doing you'll make bank.

http://getsupreme.bigcartel.com/

April 19, 2014 @ 10:05 PM
Mah Nigga

financial capitalism is about to explode...

see yall wannabees traders in 10 years

real shit is Law + management.

im about to complete my bachelor in law and hope i'll get a good uni and achieve a management master
July 29, 2014 @ 04:53 AM
________

bumpppppppppp
July 29, 2014 @ 05:01 AM
Sentimental

any Marketing major in this bitch?
Also anyone got info for Minor in Graphic design?
I'm trying to incorporate these two together and try to do advertising for (hopefully) a fashion brand or agency or something along the lines

In 3 years : "yall coppin those new Adidas?"

July 29, 2014 @ 05:09 AM
ak

^good luck
July 29, 2014 @ 07:36 PM
musubigoods

Sociology.
Just finshed up sociology BA in May.
Heading back in for an MA in Sociology.
July 29, 2014 @ 07:58 PM
snapper pow

graphic design, but u can't be a fuck nigga and make posters n shit (you'll get no money) u gotta design apps n websites.
July 29, 2014 @ 08:31 PM
majdob

I'm trying to incorporate these two together and try to do advertising for (hopefully) a fashion brand or agency or something along the lines
Marketing major checking in, have one more year left at UCR 
July 29, 2014 @ 11:48 PM
cheyaaa

these young folks think that by entering a high demand major right now, they'll be secure. No. Economy changes. Stop worrying about what gets you the most money and focus on what makes you happy. Money will come after.

FOLLOW ME @ https://twitter.com/Fhenomenon1

July 29, 2014 @ 11:53 PM
Sentimental

graphic design, but u can't be a fuck nigga and make posters n shit (you'll get no money) u gotta design apps n websites.
what major or minor is that? multimedia? please explain

Are you just doing marketing? What kind of job are you aiming for bro?

July 30, 2014 @ 02:08 AM
snapper pow

it's graphic design major... but you'd be focusing in web/app design. maybe u could do a computer science minor (i didnt) then u get a position as a UI/UX designer, which all technology companies need
July 30, 2014 @ 03:04 AM
shtoneytony

highest paying major with 100% placement is petroleum/NG engineering, I would also say nuclear is pretty high paying/in demand as well. engineering is no joke, as I found out about halfway through my undergrad career

I'm studing Energy Business and Finance w/ a minor in economics, and I am pretty confident in the versatility of my education as I prepare to enter the real world in a few months. 
July 30, 2014 @ 04:27 AM
Sentimental

it's graphic design major... but you'd be focusing in web/app design. maybe u could do a computer science minor (i didnt) then u get a position as a UI/UX designer, which all technology companies need
But I'm a marketing major already. I thought having a minor in graphic design would give a boost on my resume for advertising jobs? I mean a computer science minor isn't bad but I feel it's like a 2nd option if the major doesn't work out. Is that what you mean bro

August 11, 2014 @ 04:47 AM
stayluvinpat

Anything science or math related is your best bet, anything outside of that doesn't make much sense to me. Why put yourself in debt to only make 30-50k a year.
August 11, 2014 @ 05:41 AM
VOMITSPIT

I actually am about to graduate from art school lmao, and I'm trying to figure out what to do next. I know basic web design so I think I'm going to go further into that and become a full on developer, try to do that freelance while doing art and some side hustles. I think I may go back to school in a few years though, and I'm trying to decide what for. I've been thinking about computer sciences or engineering(im good at math and shit) or maybe advertising. Or I could just stay with the stuff I know and try to work my way up to art director or creative director. Or I could cop an mfa and become an art professor, which seems like the easiest gig ever and the pay is decent. 

Anyone work or study in these fields and have tips or suggestions? I'm thinking school may be unnecessary for all except engineering
"I actually am about to graduate from art school lmao, and I'm trying to figure out what to do next. "
You sound like you're apologizing for going to art school, there's nothing funny about it because art school is supposed to make you wanna jump off a bridge so that you're prepared for the professional field. Another thing, how do you not know what you're going to do after? You are supposed to intern and work on building your own business so that you're not a part of that very large percent of art students with a degree and no job. I don't mean to sound like your parents, but the reason art students get looked down on in comparison to traditional careers are because of people in the field saying shit like this.

Black Supreme Safari, Raised by Wolves, and more: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/220068

August 11, 2014 @ 08:26 AM
PersianRugs

^ Agreed to an extent.

To those who are non-STEM majors, do/did you go into school with a game plan or a "I'll figure it out" mentality?
August 11, 2014 @ 02:55 PM
spamster

^ Agreed to an extent.

To those who are non-STEM majors, do/did you go into school with a game plan or a "I'll figure it out" mentality?
I got my BA in business econ but went into college wanting a BA in history. Despite having a passion for history I quickly realized there is no money there so I went with a more practical field in which I already held a job. Didn't really have much of a plan coming in though. There's plenty of time to find what you're interested in during your first or even second year. If your school offers pass/no pass classes you should take the opportunity to explore new interests. 
August 11, 2014 @ 04:56 PM
TR.eat

I actually am about to graduate from art school lmao, and I'm trying to figure out what to do next. I know basic web design so I think I'm going to go further into that and become a full on developer, try to do that freelance while doing art and some side hustles. I think I may go back to school in a few years though, and I'm trying to decide what for. I've been thinking about computer sciences or engineering(im good at math and shit) or maybe advertising. Or I could just stay with the stuff I know and try to work my way up to art director or creative director. Or I could cop an mfa and become an art professor, which seems like the easiest gig ever and the pay is decent. 

Anyone work or study in these fields and have tips or suggestions? I'm thinking school may be unnecessary for all except engineering
I did 3 years in France and 2 years in China studying Interaction Design and the design school I went to has a 99% employment rate within 6 months of graduation. 
If you're thinking of going into graphic design you have to be on another level and have to work really hard, with all these freelance twats who learned how to photoshop in their basement hiring is clogged.
Interaction Design (websites, apps, research, art installations, etc) is a safe bet for the future, knowing how everything is going to be connected to our phones and what not. When I graduated I had already a job lined up, offices in London, Paris, Shanghai, New York, San Francisco, Berlin, etc are hiring non stop and are growing and growing. 

Salary wise, entry level you get paid between $35k and $55k up to $80k if you're project manager.
August 11, 2014 @ 06:51 PM
octose

Anything science or math related is your best bet, anything outside of that doesn't make much sense to me. Why put yourself in debt to only make 30-50k a year.
That opinion come out of your ass? Pretty sure the only "Science" worth it is Computer Science or Geoscience - otherwise have fun going to graduate school and getting your ass in debt before maintaining a worthy job. As far as math goes your looking at Finance, Econ or accounting, etc.

Anyways I'm double majoring in Cultural Anthropology and Global Studies, I've already decided that I want to go on to obtain a PHD - and I'm currently looking at graduate schools in East Asia pertaining to International Development or East Asian studies. I'm studying in Korea this fall so I'm stupid pumped about that. I really wanted to choose a major that would hopefully open doors for international travel, something that would cope to my hardcore interests.

'In heaven, all the interesting people are missing.' - Friedrich Nietzsche // I promote music: Youtube.com/thephuzz

August 11, 2014 @ 07:06 PM
spamster

That opinion come out of your ass? Pretty sure the only "Science" worth it is Computer Science or Geoscience - otherwise have fun going to graduate school and getting your ass in debt before maintaining a worthy job. As far as math goes your looking at Finance, Econ or accounting, etc.

Anyways I'm double majoring in Cultural Anthropology and Global Studies, I've already decided that I want to go on to obtain a PHD - and I'm currently looking at graduate schools in East Asia pertaining to International Development or East Asian studies. I'm studying in Korea this fall so I'm stupid pumped about that. I really wanted to choose a major that would hopefully open doors for international travel, something that would cope to my hardcore interests.
I think he's just saying that Math/Science majors are your best bet at having a financially successful career. That is not opinion its fact. That's not to say there isn't plenty of opportunity and money to be made in other fields like yours because there are. He was merely saying the better bet is math/science. 
August 11, 2014 @ 07:46 PM
octose

I think he's just saying that Math/Science majors are your best bet at having a financially successful career. That is not opinion its fact. That's not to say there isn't plenty of opportunity and money to be made in other fields like yours because there are. He was merely saying the better bet is math/science. 
I realize that but I still believe that is false. I would say any business related major has a much higher chance at being financially successful than any of those majors, however if you choose a proper science major (like the ones I listed above, which are in current high demand) you will be financially STABLE.

'In heaven, all the interesting people are missing.' - Friedrich Nietzsche // I promote music: Youtube.com/thephuzz

August 14, 2014 @ 03:28 PM
k.ly16

Entering my HS Senior year and I'm currently potentially looking @ Finance as my major. Anyone here majoring in Finance as well? 

FS Jungle Jacket Size M, worn 2-3 times. 250 OBO FS Street Scene Size M, 35 obo Buy em together and I'll work something out

August 14, 2014 @ 04:02 PM
Black Donald Trump

"I actually am about to graduate from art school lmao, and I'm trying to figure out what to do next. "
You sound like you're apologizing for going to art school, there's nothing funny about it because art school is supposed to make you wanna jump off a bridge so that you're prepared for the professional field. Another thing, how do you not know what you're going to do after? You are supposed to intern and work on building your own business so that you're not a part of that very large percent of art students with a degree and no job. I don't mean to sound like your parents, but the reason art students get looked down on in comparison to traditional careers are because of people in the field saying shit like this.
I definitely know what you mean and it wasn't my intention to end up like this. I went to art school because I got close to a full ride to one of the top ranked art schools in the country, so the first couple years i thought id be one of the few who would be able to make it just doing fine art. I still think that could actually be a possibility but I don't have the same passion for it that I used to. I got kind of tired of the kind of people i was meeting and bored with just making fine art, so i took classes in other fields but at that point i had only 1.5 semesters left( i had 1 semester worth from high school AP's) so I wasn't able to commit the amount of time of time I would like to to getting a top notch portfolio together, and ended up spending a lot of that time just taking different classes trying to figure out what I wanted to do. I'm continuing work on it now though, focusing on video/motion design, as well as web design and development. I just need to keep my head down and work hard and things will work out, I'm pretty confident I can make some good money at this point, not right out of college like an engineering major, but I think I could work my way up to creative/art director which make like 80-100k or more. or start my own company with a few friends. If i get good enough at programming I may go back for a masters in computer science or something like that, but at this point I don't see more school as a necessity anymore.
August 14, 2014 @ 04:09 PM
Black Donald Trump

lol, love all these kids getting into stocks after that movie - it's a bloodbath out there, especially penny stocks. But damn, if you know what you're doing you'll make bank.
if you want to get a job on the stock market, major in math, and minor in finance. 
August 14, 2014 @ 04:45 PM
waffle999

how bout hotel management? is it a good major?
August 14, 2014 @ 08:06 PM
VOMITSPIT

I definitely know what you mean and it wasn't my intention to end up like this. I went to art school because I got close to a full ride to one of the top ranked art schools in the country, so the first couple years i thought id be one of the few who would be able to make it just doing fine art. I still think that could actually be a possibility but I don't have the same passion for it that I used to. I got kind of tired of the kind of people i was meeting and bored with just making fine art, so i took classes in other fields but at that point i had only 1.5 semesters left( i had 1 semester worth from high school AP's) so I wasn't able to commit the amount of time of time I would like to to getting a top notch portfolio together, and ended up spending a lot of that time just taking different classes trying to figure out what I wanted to do. I'm continuing work on it now though, focusing on video/motion design, as well as web design and development. I just need to keep my head down and work hard and things will work out, I'm pretty confident I can make some good money at this point, not right out of college like an engineering major, but I think I could work my way up to creative/art director which make like 80-100k or more. or start my own company with a few friends. If i get good enough at programming I may go back for a masters in computer science or something like that, but at this point I don't see more school as a necessity anymore.
With the full ride you'll have plenty of time to decide where you'd like to go with it then, you could always finish the degree and get another one in a field that goes hand in hand like business, or another you find more interest in. Nothing wrong with having versatility in the job market, it's like creating another hustle, which is all school and work really is.

Black Supreme Safari, Raised by Wolves, and more: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/220068

Please login first to reply.