Labor Day - Enjoy 25% Off Your Order. Use code: LABORDAY25
April 5, 2014 @ 01:18 AM
WhoIsCaesar

So, this isn't new, but I just read about that common core shit some more, and it really is stupid. I actually got mad reading some of that shit. 

What happened over the years to get us to this low point in education? Did the people in just stop caring or what? I just don't see how a good thing can fall so behind while it's going up. 

I hashtagged the hashtag and trademarked the trademark

April 5, 2014 @ 01:33 AM
nat turner

So, this isn't new, but I just read about that common core shit some more, and it really is stupid. I actually got mad reading some of that shit. 

What happened over the years to get us to this low point in education? Did the people in just stop caring or what? I just don't see how a good thing can fall so behind while it's going up. 
I think the problem isn't necessarily the curriculum. I think the problem lies more in American society and broken families. Teachers have to spend a lot of time disciplining. Some students have zero respect for each other and teachers. I find it hard to believe that teachers go to school study education to just be in a classroom and sit there because becoming a teacher in america isn't the highest paying or easiest job. When the parents dont care or aren't involved it makes teaching a lot more difficult

http://pureandgood.tumblr.com/ IG: thevictoryspeech

April 5, 2014 @ 02:23 AM
oneallah

^^^^pretty much what he said

also has alot to do with the media these days, wasnt as bad as when we were in school
April 5, 2014 @ 02:26 AM
offensive-commenter

smart people spend their time making a living so that when they have kids, their kids will be prepared. dumb people have kids at a young age and never finish school. their kids were fucked from the start. guess which type of people are populating our country the most with children?
April 5, 2014 @ 02:35 AM
Bet

American education is isn't about teaching or students learning it is about hitting percentages on dumb ass standards.
April 5, 2014 @ 04:31 AM
FLVMINCO

Teaching is a gift, professors don't have that ability to draw students in. Let alone really bring out a students potential it's a paycheck just like everything else. You're in school really to get good job placement the majority of A students now a days aren't truly intelligent they just play on a professors good graces to suck up and elevate their grade.

Follow me @Pyrex_Lanvin on twitter, mixed women are the GOAT.

April 5, 2014 @ 05:38 AM
origins

I blame technology, parents, and the students themselves. But ultimately, the way of learning today is driven by repetition of useless information that you will most likely never need or use. Schools are businesses and try to be the best for gains and nothing else. There really is no critical thinking involved in classes, most teachers want you to memorize and retain information for a test. Discussion and active learning is the best way to retain information imo. There are no free thinkers, everyone just does minimal and what they're asked of.

http://getsupreme.bigcartel.com/

April 5, 2014 @ 06:04 AM
D---

@origins

We are definitely learning information we will probably never use in the real world but many assignments have an underlying reason for why we do them and academics for the most part is a good way for employers/gradschools to filter out applicants. There's always the stories of how people with shitty grades made it but they had to really compensate for that on their resume.Before I went to college, people were always telling me that college was all about "learning how to learn" and I totally agree with that. 

If I could set learning standards, it would be focusing on critical thinking, discussion, writing skills, and becoming effective communicators (group projects and presentations).

automatically downvote fits with hand gestures

April 5, 2014 @ 10:25 AM
chief

It's actually weird to think teachers are raising your kids for 6 hours a day, five days a week, 9 months out of the year, for about 12 years....like think about how much of a positive or negative impact teachers could have on a student's life

•••

April 5, 2014 @ 10:27 AM
zenithtribe23

I think the problems isn't necessarily the curriculum. I think the problem lies more in American society and broken families. Teachers have to spend a lot of time disciplining. Some students have zero respect for each other and teachers. I find it hard to believe that teachers go to school study education to just be in a classroom and sit there because becoming a teacher in america isn't the highest paying or easiest job. When the parents dont care or aren't involved it makes teaching a lot more difficult
This. 
April 5, 2014 @ 11:48 AM
dmwalking

A lot of good points.

Another problem is that public schools are basically government brainwashing projects designed to pump out slaves/employees. Show up on time. Do your assignments. Doesn't matter if you like it or not. A good student (future slave) does as they're told. They indoctrinate you to believe that there is only one way to succeed while also ensuring that it's the easiest path to follow. It's simple. Do these things and you will succeed. Get good grades, go to college, get a job, get a wife, get a house, have kids, and teach them what we taught you. Rinse and repeat. And if you deviate from that path, it's much harder to reach that level of success you want. Or you're ostracized for making your own path.

The curriculum IS partly to blame though. No one is being taught valuable life skills. No one is being coached from early on regarding what they may want to do. You want to be a musician? They'll treat you like an idiot. "Why don't you get a real job?" Instead, they should break down the music business for you so you can know how to make a living as a musician. That's just one example. Or teach you how to make your own business. I mean you can go to college for that, but that's another problem. Money.

Money is a major factor in education. The other side of American education is the school to prison pipeline. Poor schools have poor grades. What do they do? Cut funding and build prisons. Why? Because "they" will make more money off that kid when he goes to jail than if he went to community college, graduated with minimal debt, and became self employed. The private prison industry is evil. Did you know they build prisons based on test scores in inner city schools? There is an entire industry looking to profit off of the imprisonment of people. It's no coincidence that there are mostly minorities in prison.

Keep people poor. Make them desperate. Desperate people do desperate things. Imprison them. Profit.

The education system has two sides. It's either the high school to college cycle to turn you into a slave that they can profit off of, or it's high school to prison, which is another way they've figured out how to make larger profits off of people who would otherwise be less profitable.

Like I said, school isn't teaching relevant life skills. They teach you enough to make you a decent employee while brainwashing you to believe this is the only way. And college is only further indoctrination. There are so many ways to live your life free and happy but they only teach the one way that makes you most profitable for them. They don't want entrepreneurs. They don't want people who live off the land and grow their own food. They don't want independent people making homes that consume very little energy. No, they want an employee who get his taxes automatically taken from his check, who has a big house with 100 electronic gadgets, who uses gas, oil, or electric heat to heat up that big house and pays $200+ in heating, $200 in electric, $200 a month on gas because they commute because they city is scary, while paying back student loans, mortgage, car note......they want slaves.

And this is why they put such an emphasis on standardized testing. They have a standard. Be a good future employee. Never mind that you're a brilliant philosopher. Forget that you are an incredible artist/craftsman. We want this standard. Why? Because you're a number. You're not a person that should be nurtured and assisted in growing to your full potential. You're a number. You're a little cog in the machine. All they care about is whether or not you fit in and work as expected. They don't care about if you are happy or fulfilled as a person. We're chattel.

Pardon the rant.

guy on some broke bus. Love, Sosa. "Don't feed the trolls" initiative coming soon. We can rebuild.

April 5, 2014 @ 11:53 AM
dmwalking

I wanna add that I'm not anti college. I'm anti the price gouging and ridiculous debt. I'm anti making up ridiculous majors that they know will open zero doors. But if you're getting into certain fields, you need college. Trust me. I get that. And I'm all for it. I have a couple doctors, a teacher, and an engineer in my extended family. I know college is good for many. But at the same time, it's not good for everyone. And those valuable people who don't fit that mold are left out to dry. And it shouldn't be like that.

guy on some broke bus. Love, Sosa. "Don't feed the trolls" initiative coming soon. We can rebuild.

April 5, 2014 @ 12:16 PM
sharkin

So everyone is either a prisoner or slave?

You honestly believe that??

WORLD CUP CHAMP 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

April 5, 2014 @ 12:29 PM
dmwalking

If that's what you understood, then I didn't explain properly. Some people are free. The filthy rich are free. People who have no debt and plenty of free time are free. There are lots of ways to be free. That's my point. There are lots of ways to be free, but public school teaches us the way of the slave.

Generally speaking, most people are slaves because they don't know how to be anything else. Myself included. I'm a slave cuz I didn't know there was another way until I was already trapped. Now I'm trapped in this bitch until I can work a way out. Most wage earners are slaves. Lotta self employed people are slaves too if they're trapped in consumerism. I'm working on freeing myself. But currently I'm a slave.

April 5, 2014 @ 01:49 PM
sharkin

Oh ok

blame it on the parents / guardians

WORLD CUP CHAMP 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

April 5, 2014 @ 02:19 PM
Mah Nigga

50 000 dollars a year for an average university

and 80 000 dollars for harvard

lmao
April 5, 2014 @ 02:21 PM
dmwalking

Parents are brainwashed too. Did you even read what I wrote? Or are you just not good at retaining info? Either way, it's a cycle. So do you blame the brainwashed or the brainwasher? Blame a guy for getting cancer from smoking, ok. Blame a guy who randomly got cancer and you're a POS. Most people are trapped in this cuz they don't know any better.

April 5, 2014 @ 03:11 PM
YoungRizal

You don't get education in schools, colleges or universities. Education starts at home everyday. 

FS - Supreme Nupste, WTAPS Parasmock ETC

April 5, 2014 @ 05:51 PM
nat turner

April 5, 2014 @ 07:01 PM
dior homie

dmwalking, your point is basically "the system" is keeping us down right? Ignore the rest if I'm wrong.
Schools do teach valuable things, but it's the student's fault for not retaining that information. I don't see anything wrong with teaching young people to show up at a place a certain time and doing their work even if they don't like it.

Since public schools have millions of students, it would be difficult to give each person a personalized education so there must be a one size fits all deal. Public schools are already underfunded and giving certain students a music, art, business education would be impossible. If they get exposed to that, they could go to a for profit school just for that but those are basically scams.

You think if high school students were taught ethics there would be less crime? You're assuming every poor person is desperate enough to commit a crime that would get them sent to prison. Even if they are sent to prison and are exploited, what's the problem? They're there for a reason.
(It would be great seeing younger people recapitulating ba$ed Kant and Nietzsche instead of ignorant hoodrat rappers)

What makes you think 'they' don't want more entrepreneurs? A successful entrepreneur would pay more taxes in a year than what the decent brainwashed employee makes in a year. I get that you reject consumerism, but your post is full of assumptions.
April 5, 2014 @ 07:06 PM
dior homie

" I'm anti making up ridiculous majors that they know will open zero doors."
"They have a standard. Be a good future employee. Never mind that you're a
brilliant philosopher. Forget that you are an incredible
artist/craftsman."
Pick one
April 5, 2014 @ 07:20 PM
It's Only Hype

April 6, 2014 @ 01:39 AM
SonOfRise

I think schools should start a program where troubled kids can stay at the school to sleep. 
I think by doing this it can give kids a way to respect their schools and also keep them off the streets. 

Zooey Deschanel is the most perfect person on this earth and i love her more than anything and we are gettin married #2017!!!

April 6, 2014 @ 02:02 AM
HBer

I think schools should start a program where troubled kids can stay at the school to sleep. 
I think by doing this it can give kids a way to respect their schools and also keep them off the streets. 
You're a dumbass.

Is she constantly posting selfies? If yes, why is she seeking attention from other men?

April 6, 2014 @ 02:17 AM
PinoyAko

Because it's not cool to do good in school here in america. Most kids would rather play video games, experiment with drugs, party, fuck and hang out than actually excel in school. It's ironic that people give asians and indians shit for excelling in school when those kids end up with high paying jobs in medicine, engineering and etc... Whereas those dumbass kids who made fun of them usually end up never going to college, dropping out of college, majoring in some useless degree, having a shitty job, addicted to drugs, in jail or living off welfare for the rest of their lives. 
April 6, 2014 @ 02:23 AM
paradoxx

Motherfucking students and low effort fuck ups like this http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshh5iDVSl1cwfj14Im2
April 6, 2014 @ 02:30 AM
nat turner

Because it's not cool to do good in school here in america. Most kids would rather play video games, experiment with drugs, party, fuck and hang out than actually excel in school. It's ironic that people give asians and indians shit for excelling in school when those kids end up with high paying jobs in medicine, engineering and etc... Whereas those dumbass kids who made fun of them usually end up never going to college, dropping out of college, majoring in some useless degree, having a shitty job, addicted to drugs, in jail or living off welfare for the rest of their lives. 
idk...The schools I went to...nobody thought intelligence was uncool.If you present things in an interesting way, its hard not to grab someone's attention

April 6, 2014 @ 04:23 AM
WhoIsCaesar

Idk about other schools, but everyone at my school loved learning. My school gave people the option of extra studying time or going to the pep rally. There were more people studying, actually studying than there were at pep rallies.

Then again my school kicked out anybody who's grades were below a C average so again, idk about other schools.

I hashtagged the hashtag and trademarked the trademark

April 6, 2014 @ 07:58 AM
boba

just get it how u live nigga glo up
April 6, 2014 @ 08:27 AM
itzmejosh

blame the ghetto niggas. They the reason why fuckboiz are doing drugs and shit. Another is that they keep having kids that they can't even support. Besides that they dont have any respect

http://projectnibiru.bigcartel.com/

Please login first to reply.