February 27, 2014 @ 11:50 PM
WakeUpScottie

I know I SHOULD know this, considering I'm black... America. 

But to be completely truthful I haven't experienced half the troubles I hear about on the internet. And my mom had my sister and I at a fairly young age to have two children but she still opened her own business at 25. So really my entire life I've never really experienced the "struggle" of a black male in America. Once my mom left my dad there was some time we didn't have a lot of money, but we still didn't go through a terrible struggle. 

You know, I'm almost done with high school, but I still have never actually experienced the same shit I read about. I've never been cheated out of something, white people have never locked their doors when I walk by, never clutched their bag when I went past, never received dirty looks, i've never been followed through a store when i walk, or been treated differently from anybody. I'm 6'8, 237 pounds, so it's not like I'm some shrimp nigga looks like he can't lift a milk carton, I'm a pretty big guy. To put that in perspective, LeBron is 6'8 250.

It's not that I want this shit to happen, I'm glad it hasn't, but at the same time I really can't relate with a lot of shit being said about being black in America. It honestly feels like it's a different world. People say I'm just blind to it, but I can't be blind to it if it has never happened. When I go somewhere I look to see if any of that will happen, but it never does. 

I know it happens and I know it's out there, but I really can't relate to anybody when they talk about this, and when talk about this comes up I just give no input cause I honestly don't know how it feels to be treated like that. I've just been treated like, you know, how people SHOULD be treated. 

You ever find a room full of money then realize it ain't your money but still take it cause its money?

February 28, 2014 @ 12:02 AM
AmericanLegend

its not the 50s anymore but general feelings in society have been egalitarian as of recent theres been more hypersensitivity in the media towards blacks, like someone says the N word and gets bashed or These major news networks dont even cover some stories some times that make black people look bad
     They covered the whole Knockout game thing like two weeks later after people were calling them out for it
but when a black kid gets shot they quickly cover like trayvon martin or the kid who recently got killed for playing loud music
there has been more empathy towards blacks than any race recently 
evidence is you go on any youtube video that pertains to any racial issue usually if its about black people, people comment "omg i would never say the N word that is not right"
but if its pertaining towards hispanics or muslims (asians just go under the radar) its usually "dam that fuckin arab/spic"
black people dont have it bad aanymore but there is still racists as there always will be
    i say in a couple more generations this institutionalized racism will fade away a little more every generation
we've almost gone as far as we can get for this generation in regards to equality  

taste the glamour

February 28, 2014 @ 12:39 AM
johnathan

its kinda dope tho bcuz if u don't like someone u can call them a racist and every1 will side with u

free max b 2013

February 28, 2014 @ 12:40 AM
(G)TRAP

suspended

its not the 50s anymore but general feelings in society have been egalitarian as of recent theres been more hypersensitivity in the media towards blacks, like someone says the N word and gets bashed or These major news networks dont even cover some stories some times that make black people look bad
     They covered the whole Knockout game thing like two weeks later after people were calling them out for it
but when a black kid gets shot they quickly cover like trayvon martin or the kid who recently got killed for playing loud music
evidence is you go on any youtube video that pertains to any racial issue usually if its about black people, people comment "omg i would never say the N word that is not right"
but if its pertaining towards hispanics or muslims (asians just go under the radar) its usually "dam that fuckin arab/spic"
black people dont have it bad aanymore but there is still racists as there always will be
    i say in a couple more generations this institutionalized racism will fade away a little more every generation
we've almost gone as far as we can get for this generation in regards to equality  

lol false you fucking cac go on youtube clips always some cacs saying nigger this nigger that ! you fucking dumb piece of cac
February 28, 2014 @ 01:13 AM
AmericanLegend

u fukin dutch gook motherfucker lmao what do u know about america 

just look at that bitch paula deen she said the word nigger in like the 80s, niggas fired her cus of it last year 
how is that not hypersensitivity 

taste the glamour

February 28, 2014 @ 01:13 AM
FRENCH MONTANA

lol false you fucking cac go on youtube clips always some cacs saying nigger this nigger that ! you fucking dumb piece of cac
lmao breh no need to get angry

ur obsessed with the black fight. it must be hard in the NL , cacland
February 28, 2014 @ 01:26 AM
Hashy

No offense Scottie but you seem pretty naive, and it's time for you to wake up.  The main reason you think it's all find and dandy is because you've stayed in your place again no offense but white people don't view you as a threat at least not yet. See to them you are just another black male, and to them black males are probably not the most successful people so they don't think highly of you that doesn't necessarily mean they view you as trash either.

Now let's say you inherit some money and join the local country club (if they let you join) the same guy who seemed cool walking down the street is whispering to his buddy "What the hell is he doing here" because now you are somewhere you "shouldn't" be. It all depends on the situation.
February 28, 2014 @ 01:34 AM
Black Samurai

Black male's 50% less likely to get a job than any other race. Black males 18-24 are most likely to go to prison after sentenced 67% return to prison. Black males 18-24 are more likely to be murder than any other race by another black male. A black male with a college degree is likely to be hired than a white male with a felony. 

But fuck it 

Don't Shoot Pimpin'

February 28, 2014 @ 01:41 AM
blackice445

Racism still exist. Just look at what is happening in the news. George Zimmerman was acquitted for killing Trayvon and that white guy was found  not guilty for 1st degree murder after murdering a black kid for playing "loud music".  The system is not on our side! Also think about the hundreds of black kids who are sent to jail for a long time for minor crimes. They don't give a shit about urban black youth, we're still treated like cattle in that regard! Just cause you're not experiencing racism doesn't mean it's not happening. Black people are still treated as inferior in some circumstances. Don't get me wrong you can still be a successful black man in America but on the way up there you will definitely experience some racism, just like hashy said you're just not in a position where you would receive some racism cause you're not a threat.
February 28, 2014 @ 01:59 AM
thane20

tbh cacs have no clue they will never experience it 

Bang

February 28, 2014 @ 02:06 AM
db_cooper

Only in the south where the black guys are really lazy and all the white guys are just as lazy but they're mad at the black guys for being so lazy. And it makes sense that you're black Scottie with the amount of complaining you do.
February 28, 2014 @ 02:08 AM
NapoleonComplex

the fact my mom has to tell me i shouldnt wear a hoodie cause i can be mistaken for a criminal is a problem. I try not to acknowledge race at all. but its always in your face. 

FUCK DREWBACCA | smh fuck REVS to....

February 28, 2014 @ 02:40 AM
AmericanLegend

scotty u are 6'8 how u getting bullied bruh wake up

taste the glamour

February 28, 2014 @ 04:44 AM
offensive-commenter

scottie you've never had to struggle because you're black. dont mistake yourself with the niggers. they are the ones who give black people an awful image. the ones who don't do anything to better their lives and blame others for the problems that they have created on their own. i see it everyday at work. the black people with college diplomas work hard and get promoted while the niggers make minimum wage, spend all their money on sneakers, and complain about not having money left over to feed the 4 children they gave birth to when they were 16.
February 28, 2014 @ 06:07 AM
Isthisreallife

suspended

Also the racist white beauty standards are causing all sorts of problems for sisters who now ony 30 percent will ever get married. We even have self hating brothers putting high yellow or white girls on a pedestal and every forum I see black brothers using steriotypes and generalisations as excuses for the reason why they dont date black women. Smh
February 28, 2014 @ 06:13 AM
FLVMINCO

scottie you've never had to struggle because you're black. dont mistake yourself with the niggers. they are the ones who give black people an awful image. the ones who don't do anything to better their lives and blame others for the problems that they have created on their own. i see it everyday at work. the black people with college diplomas work hard and get promoted while the niggers make minimum wage, spend all their money on sneakers, and complain about not having money left over to feed the 4 children they gave birth to when they were 16.
Shut your corny ass up bruh, but on topic if you really look around when your in public and monitor your surroundings you'll notice that everything you said you don't see is actually happening. But don't let anyone tell you otherwise being black in america is a slow death all mapped out by Willie Lynch.

Follow me @Pyrex_Lanvin on twitter, mixed women are the GOAT.

February 28, 2014 @ 06:26 AM
WakeUpScottie

Shut your corny ass up bruh, but on topic if you really look around when your in public and monitor your surroundings you'll notice that everything you said you don't see is actually happening. But don't let anyone tell you otherwise being black in america is a slow death all mapped out by Willie Lynch.
Of course I'm looking, you think I'm now? That's why after reading about shit then actually going out I'm surprised cause that shit honestly does not happen.

You ever find a room full of money then realize it ain't your money but still take it cause its money?

February 28, 2014 @ 06:35 AM
FLVMINCO

Where are you from? Location is probably a factor in your case. But I digress Lil homie the older you get the more shit you'll see and have happen to you. Me personally growing up I knew what the business was but still I was naieve enough to believe in better things. Now though I won't lie I'm borderline a reverse racist and I wouldn't piss in a cops mouth if it was on fire.

Follow me @Pyrex_Lanvin on twitter, mixed women are the GOAT.

February 28, 2014 @ 06:42 AM
deltron

Where are you from? Location is probably a factor in your case. But I digress Lil homie the older you get the more shit you'll see and have happen to you. Me personally growing up I knew what the business was but still I was naieve enough to believe in better things. Now though I won't lie I'm borderline a reverse racist and I wouldn't piss in a cops mouth if it was on fire.
no such thing as a reverse racist.

that is such a corny ass term. 
February 28, 2014 @ 06:50 AM
WakeUpScottie

Anyways, the first five 8 years of my life were spent were spent in Colorado. My family has been well off forever so I was already put in schools, neighborhoods, everything with a lot of white people. Then me my mom and my sister all went to Buckhead. There it was the same shit, not as many white people but same shit. It was the good life, I mean, i met a lot of people, we traveled a lot, and even then, when my mom was the pinnacle of succes, these white people were still nice to me. Where we are at now is a majority white place but still I don't get that shit, I probably pass multiple racist people everyday but for the most part everyone here is good. 

I try to be very big in my community so even though I haven't been here long people know who I am. I know the person down the street from me is i n the KKK, hell, I'm pretty sure this street down from mine is full of racists. But even they are good to me. They admire my car,  admire my mom's garden, love my dog, thank me for everything I do. 

Either they're just shocked that black people can be successful or something I really don't know but this shit is really starting to bug me. The fact that I haven't come in contact with it is making me paranoid about when it will happen.

February 28, 2014 @ 06:53 AM
WakeUpScottie

I know its still out there obviously, but the fact none of that shitnhas happened to me, despite how many times it could have is just weird. 

February 28, 2014 @ 07:18 AM
Hashy

HOLLLLLLLLLLLL UPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

You 6'8 240 and you made this thread about getting bullied... http://hypebeast.com/forums/off-topic/213388
You live in a majority white neighborhood but got homies dead cause of gangbanging? http://hypebeast.com/forums/off-topic/213525

Somethin ain't adding up 

February 28, 2014 @ 07:29 AM
johnathan

You 6'8 240 and you made this thread about getting bullied... http://hypebeast.com/forums/off-topic/213388
You live in a majority white neighborhood but got homies dead cause of gangbanging? http://hypebeast.com/forums/off-topic/213525

Somethin ain't adding up 

This thread has been changed to the exposure of OP

free max b 2013

February 28, 2014 @ 07:29 AM
johnathan

Somethin ain't adding up 

This thread has been changed to the exposure of OP

free max b 2013

February 28, 2014 @ 07:43 AM
AmericanLegend

dam OP it aint addin up u gunna have to post timestamped dick picks

taste the glamour

February 28, 2014 @ 07:43 AM
AmericanLegend

u just as corny for telling him it doesnt exist fool
catch 22

taste the glamour

February 28, 2014 @ 07:53 AM
deltron

u just as corny for telling him it doesnt exist fool
catch 22
corny fam we eatin'
February 28, 2014 @ 11:53 AM
piccolo

Somethin ain't adding up 

I know he had to be trolling.

lol @ being a 6'8 black male who doesn't get looks when walking behind someone.

I'm 5'10,light skinned and i still get followed around every store i walk in.

And of course it's hard being black in America.

You're blatantly told that your race is inferior and that there's no point of your existence because of the way you was born.

Then you got to try your best to debunk negative stereotypes because of hood niggas.

You ever watched those black comedy skits where the cops stop the black guy for no reason or when the black guy gets accused of rape after sleeping with a drunk college girl?

Well yeah, the way they make a joke out of it is hilarious but that shit is true and it happens daily.

Follow if you like homegrown/amateur shots of ass and tits ! http://girlsaroundthenet.tumblr.com/

February 28, 2014 @ 01:00 PM
nat turner

It depends on where you are in America 

http://pureandgood.tumblr.com/ IG: thevictoryspeech

February 28, 2014 @ 03:36 PM
FRENCH MONTANA

so, is he a troll or not ?

lol @ being as big as LeBron and still getting bullied by white people lol.

Please login first to reply.