Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
February 26, 2014 @ 11:39 PM
LCULT

Sup HB. KInda drunk, so may be being too emotional but this is how it is. Basically I'm a Uni student in the UK, regretting every choice I've ever made. I don't want to be here, I don't want to be in this country. The weather, most of the people, and the work ethnic is everything I despise. I've been to America a lot, and understandably for a lot of people it's a struggle to live there. But genuinely, I think I'd be happy living in LA. And simply being alive. Meeting people that I could listen to for hours. Visiting places that would accept me for who I am. I feel like I'd be letting my whole family down for even considering a dream such as this, even considered immature and unintelligent to crave such a "petty' thing. I don't know, I just feel completely out of place and unachieved with where I am. I've been told throughout my life if I only put the effort in, I'd be so much more. But I've never wanted 'more', just to be happy.

虎穴に入らずんば虎子を得ず

February 26, 2014 @ 11:44 PM
REVS

So I'm a little lost, you want to drop out of college and move to LA? How do you plan on financing yourself? 

I prefer carcinogens to endorphins.

February 26, 2014 @ 11:45 PM
Kravchenko

grind my nigga. then you can do what you want to do, live where you wanna live, see who you wanna see. in this shallow world, money talks. 

- london born and raised. currently travelling with work.
February 26, 2014 @ 11:46 PM
mackness

grind my nigga. then you can do what you want to do, live where you wanna live, see who you wanna see. in this shallow world, money talks. 

Live today like no man so you can live tomorrow like no man

"mack you get a pass for wearing female pants i aint even gonna ether you anymore" Powercum http://jnmcknss.tumblr.com/

February 26, 2014 @ 11:49 PM
Gilly Suits

REVS, I hope you don't expect a coherent answer from a rambling drunk man.

@OP Do what you want in your life as it is a great feeling. If can financially support it that is. If you can't, sit your ass down and work towards it like you've been told. 

Culective.com //

February 26, 2014 @ 11:49 PM
Kravchenko

Live today like no man so you can live tomorrow like no man
sick quote, the original was something like:
i do what most people wont, to live like most people cant.

and op, something about me. since you in the uk, i done something called a placement year when you work with a company full time during sandwich year at uni. almost guanranteed graduate job,. the company i work for is general electric, worked in 5 countries with them already! check out companies offering placements
February 26, 2014 @ 11:54 PM
LCULT

So I'm a little lost, you want to drop out of college and move to LA? How do you plan on financing yourself? 
Sorry, I'm finding it hard to word myself. I don't know what I want, but since the age of about 13 I know education isn't for me. And I've always felt like that's the laziness side of me, like that's just me being stupid and dreaming of things unachievable. But want I want is to just 'live'. And living doesn't mean being overeducationalised, being materialistically rich, being tied down by the expectations of others than yourself. True, it could just be 'drunk ramblings', but I've never wanted anything more than to just be unmaterialistically happy, to look out on the world and think "Wow. This is what I was born to see, to hear, to feel like." d

I've tried so hard to live like how to world wants me to in order to gain me that place to live how >I< want to, but it's a struggle. The final goal seems so far away and unachievable, and I'm not going to lie, I've considered ending my life when thinking about how true happiness is completely unachievable unless i 'work' for it.

虎穴に入らずんば虎子を得ず

February 26, 2014 @ 11:57 PM
LCULT

This is what I'm talking about. As much as I respect that, I'm struggling to find my place in this world where money talks. So much is expected of me, and I feel like my life is worth so much more than spending years doing something I hate.

虎穴に入らずんば虎子を得ず

February 27, 2014 @ 12:00 AM
Kravchenko

This is what I'm talking about. As much as I respect that, I'm struggling to find my place in finding a place in this world where money talks. So much is expected of me, and I feel like my life is worth so much more than spending years doing something I hate.
as hard as this sounds.. find something you're passionate about and try to make something out of it. if your passion outweighs the short term financial sacrifices, a positive outcome should almost certainly happen partner!
February 27, 2014 @ 12:02 AM
LCULT

^ I'm trying man, hence why I'm at University studying English Literature. That's something I'm passionate about. But I feel even though it's something I thrive in studying, that it's not going to take me to the places I want to be. 

虎穴に入らずんば虎子を得ず

February 27, 2014 @ 12:09 AM
*ER!C

i feel you OP .. that daily work/school grind gets in the way of actually just "living", but unfortunately in this world you need to work to live.  You can move to LA and squat on skid row, but i doubt that would be very appealing to you.  One day you just have to face the fact that you can't change how the world works and you just have to submit to the powers that be.  Work = money = freedom.  You can't live comfortably without doing something.  Nothing is free in life dude, you got to grind to live the life you want.  Plain and simple.  Sucks, but it is what it is.
February 27, 2014 @ 12:15 AM
LCULT

i feel you OP .. that daily work/school grind gets in the way of actually just "living", but unfortunately in this world you need to work to live.  You can move to LA and squat on skid row, but i doubt that would be very appealing to you.  One day you just have to face the fact that you can't change how the world works and you just have to submit to the powers that be.  Work = money = freedom.  You can't live comfortably without doing something.  Nothing is free in life dude, you got to grind to live the life you want.  Plain and simple.  Sucks, but it is what it is.
Just gotta get that in to my head I suppose. You're right, it is the sad world that this has become. 'Money = Freedom".  Gonna have to stick it out. Thank-you everyone for the replies, I really appreciate it. LA 2016-2020, I'm coming for you.

虎穴に入らずんば虎子を得ず

February 27, 2014 @ 03:13 AM
kbos

OP, the grass is always greener on the other side. I like LA too, but it aint some magical special place where dreams are more likely to come true than anywhere else in particular. Also, you want live unmateralistically but you want to move to the most materialistic city in the US? And youre on a fashion forum? Not judging, I just don't really get it. I just geniunely feel like if you moved to LA, and didn't continue your education (btw, I think its school you dislike, not education) you would get slapped in the face and find out that your life is complete shit and nothing like what you hoped for. See the world and try to look at the bigger picture, and think of careers and methods of survival that are realistically sustainable with where you want to position yourself in society. If you can support yourself earning and enjoy what youre doing than youre golden, but your still in school right? So just take it one step at a time. I just graduated in december, I planned on going into marketing. One of my clients from a business i previously started offered me a job doing project management for real estate developement. I've realized I can never really be sure where life will take me, but if I make good choices it continues to improve, and when I make mistakes, or feel pain, ok learn from that and keep it moving. Make good choices for yourself, and represent yourself well, you'd be surprised where it will take you.
February 27, 2014 @ 04:06 AM
Sentimental

Move to LA op. But I ain't giving you my change if I run into you on the streets.

In 3 years : "yall coppin those new Adidas?"

February 27, 2014 @ 05:40 AM
estoybien

I think you're glamorizing LA and the US too much. Americans have a pretty intense work ethic, especially compared to many parts of Europe. This intensity is magnified in places like LA or NYC where people are always working because they want to make it (+ shit is expensive). You can't just "be yourself" and "live freely" in these places, you need to have a plan.
February 27, 2014 @ 06:11 AM
db_cooper

LA is lame dog, think before you move
February 27, 2014 @ 07:54 AM
johnathan

this faggot thinks lifes some movie. u need a job. U hate ur life bcuz ure POOR

free max b 2013

February 27, 2014 @ 07:54 AM
johnathan

this faggot thinks lifes some movie. u need a job. U hate ur life bcuz ure POOR

free max b 2013

February 27, 2014 @ 03:05 PM
shakintheD

February 27, 2014 @ 03:19 PM
8zmn

I feel you, the UK is a fucking shit hole 

Instagram - Bwmn

February 27, 2014 @ 04:13 PM
LCULT

Wow I had completely forgotten about this pathetic excuse of a thread full of such dribble. Apologies for making any of you read it. But some of it is true I guess, I do want to get out of this god awful country, it's so depressing. 

the UK is a fucking shit hole 

虎穴に入らずんば虎子を得ず

February 27, 2014 @ 04:31 PM
BEENDOINGIT

Wow I had completely forgotten about this pathetic excuse of a thread full of such dribble. Apologies for making any of you read it. But some of it is true I guess, I do want to get out of this god awful country, it's so depressing. 

the UK is a fucking shit hole 
Same here, I hate Scotland. Everything is time and money though. Get yourself in a position where it is financially viable to make the move. That's what I'm working on at the moment. Unless you are prepared to work work work even if it may be a shitty job then you aren't going anywhere first. Work and you will reap the benefits.
February 27, 2014 @ 04:31 PM
meFLOW

being happy starts inside b if youre truly unhapppy with your life circumstances its time to change them up
if youre willing to move out to LA with no degree or financial plan without even thinking about how much shittier life could be broke as fuck then i dont think its a good idea but on the other hand if you like that lifestyle and have done it before then go for it 

all in all breh true inner-self happiness can happen in a "shithole" like the UK if you let yourself be happy and look past the bullshit and do you 

2013 summer fit battle champion buying 7.5 visvim kiefers eFLOW

Please login first to reply.