Halloween Sale - Up to 25% Off Your Entire Order - Use Code: NOTRICKS14
February 13, 2014 @ 04:30 AM
vos15

What's your opinion on concerts? Specifically like EDM and shit. Like I fuck with the music and everything, but I can't really justify paying 150+ for certain shit(drugs, transportation, tickets, everything included). I just passed up a chance to see LOUDPVCK, Paper Diamond, Gents and Jawns, and Trill Bill cause it would've been 100+ for just one night of fun. Idk I just personally couldn't justify it. So basically I'm just asking, how do you guys feel about this shit?
February 13, 2014 @ 04:42 AM
spamster

Good times aint cheap, my dude. $150 on a night doesn't seem that crazy. Live music + drugs + transportation and good times is gonna cost. Especially since you are in NY. Gotta pay to play. How far you think you'd get in Vegas with $150?
February 13, 2014 @ 04:47 AM
Ruthless

If I were to try ecstasy or Molly or whatever it's called one day.. I'd do it at EDM

Let me see those downvotes

February 13, 2014 @ 04:51 AM
Sentimental

Gonna go see Schoolboy again in April and EDM in June
Yes, it's reasonable. Did the people who went to Woodstock bitch? Probably, but they can say they had a good time 
and that's all that matters..
February 13, 2014 @ 05:01 AM
Don Francisco

Depends when you buy your tickets tbh. If you buy them presale or early bird, then its not that much. You just gotta stay on top of your favorite artists and when theyre playing in your area. That or the line up gotta be solid to pay $150.
February 13, 2014 @ 05:41 AM
db_cooper

I don't really fuck with the big time shows, outside of Coachella a few times. Back in high school I would hit raves at warehouses downtown with just local people spinnin, no more than $20 a ticket on any given night. Super grimy but fun times. Plus you could count on getting free drugs
February 13, 2014 @ 06:20 AM
It's Only Hype

I don't know who any of those people are
February 13, 2014 @ 06:23 AM
Ruthless

I don't know who any of those people are
Damn bro you really don't know about LOUDPVCK?

i don't either lol 

February 13, 2014 @ 08:49 AM
kbos

I mean its whatever, you can hit up a dope show for 15 or 20 bucks and roll face or be drunk or whatever for the experience its not that expensive.
February 13, 2014 @ 10:17 AM
chief

$150 isn't worth it for one night. The most I'll pay for a single night is probably $70 a ticket.

The fact you are paying $150 for one night, makes me realize how much of a deal Paradiso is. $150 for weekend tickets for a huge rave during the summer on a friday and saturday at the Gorge

•••

February 13, 2014 @ 10:28 AM
isthistobe

smaller venues > 
February 13, 2014 @ 11:38 AM
99%Shit

I paid $50 for my Ingrid Michaelson ticket. I'd imagine she's worth every penny.

The problem is that you're paying $150 for nobodies. For $150, Bad Boy Bill better be on the decks.

narsha.narsha.narsha

February 13, 2014 @ 01:13 PM
Ecstasy

tickets for the paper diamond/loudpvck stops in ny and philly were ~$30, even w transportation/drugs/w.e...how were you spending $150+, outside of getting a room for the night that doesnt even seem possible.

i wanna look cool on the internet

February 13, 2014 @ 03:40 PM
vos15

tickets for the paper diamond/loudpvck stops in ny and philly were ~$30, even w transportation/drugs/w.e...how were you spending $150+, outside of getting a room for the night that doesnt even seem possible.
I said I passed it up for $100; it would've been $20 for the ticket, $25 for transportation, $50 for .5 of Molly, and like another $10 for weed after the show
February 13, 2014 @ 04:06 PM
spamster

I guess nights can be fairly cheap if you don't drink alcohol. Its the booze that dents the wallet. Here is an email I got from a host at XS in Vegas.

It will be a 5 bottle minimum. Bottles start at $600. This does not include tax which is 8.1% and server gratuity which is 20%. I cannot ascertain the exact location of the table until the day of the reservation unless you commit to a $3,000 spend or higher in advance. Please note that prime Inside/Main Room tables generally start at $3,000 to a $5,000 minimum alcohol purchase for groups of 9 or smaller. Any groups bigger than that are looking at $7,000 to $10,000 for prime seating on a normal night.

With table service you will enter through our VIP line and with proper arrival time there will be little to no wait. Arrival time for a general table reservation (anything less than a $5,000 minimum spend) will be by 10:30pm at the latest. We have roughly 170 tables at XS and its not unheard of for us to sell out the entire venue in 45 minutes. 
February 13, 2014 @ 10:17 PM
B.M.

I see no point in concerts whatsoever. The Doors, Hendrix, Zep, etc are all dead; I'd pay to see them because they make magic on stage. I'd drop $150 for them to put on a magic show. Nowadays you're not paying to see skill or be amazed by it, you're paying to see some hack on a computer press buttons while you trip. In worse quality than headphones. Whatever.

I'd pay to see a good comedian live. I'd pay to go to a game, fuck I'm going to one tomorrow. The only music concert I'd pay for would be something that I'd never be able to see again; like the Clipse or a Dipset reunion. Not Eddie EDM while I bump shoulders with college kids who are 'REALLY FEELING IT BRO.'

I understand I'm in the minority, fuck you.

"I got smokers hitting rocks making Stevie J faces" - Quilly

February 14, 2014 @ 01:01 AM
jerad

^lmao why are you so bitter? if people enjoy going to those type of shows then who cares. it's their choice
February 14, 2014 @ 07:33 AM
kbos

He explained exactly why hes bitter, people care because they dislike seeing the quality of an artform they appreciate deteriorating. I don't agree with him about concerts because you can still see amazing bands play live, but he makes a point a lot of EDM is bullshit over hyped by young sheeple. Its all subjective but heads are entitled too speak their minds, and give fucks where they choose.
February 14, 2014 @ 07:49 AM
jerad

yeah, im not saying a lot of artists dont just play an ableton set thats pre-arranged messing with low pass filters and effects the whole time because i know they do. however, in my opinion, the true art is in making the songs in itself and if people want to go and support an artist they like by going to their show then so be it. and for the record i hate edm
February 14, 2014 @ 08:45 AM
chief

I see no point in concerts whatsoever. The Doors, Hendrix, Zep, etc are all dead; I'd pay to see them because they make magic on stage. I'd drop $150 for them to put on a magic show. Nowadays you're not paying to see skill or be amazed by it, you're paying to see some hack on a computer press buttons while you trip. In worse quality than headphones. Whatever.

I'd pay to see a good comedian live. I'd pay to go to a game, fuck I'm going to one tomorrow. The only music concert I'd pay for would be something that I'd never be able to see again; like the Clipse or a Dipset reunion. Not Eddie EDM while I bump shoulders with college kids who are 'REALLY FEELING IT BRO.'

I understand I'm in the minority, fuck you.
I see your reasoning. In today's day and age, you sort of pay for the experience of everything, rather than just the experience of the band which was the highlight. Maybe it's a watered down experience, maybe it's not. But like you I can't justify paying $150 unless it's a special show, or like I mentioned above, a 2 day festival at a dope venue

•••

February 15, 2014 @ 04:29 AM
NEBSI

$150 isn't worth it for one night. The most I'll pay for a single night is probably $70 a ticket.

The fact you are paying $150 for one night, makes me realize how much of a deal Paradiso is. $150 for weekend tickets for a huge rave during the summer on a friday and saturday at the Gorge

This.
February 15, 2014 @ 05:34 AM
Canvas08

If I were to try ecstasy or Molly or whatever it's called one day.. I'd do it at EDM
are you a cop
February 15, 2014 @ 04:11 PM
SupraRZ

How far you think you'd get in Vegas with $150?
Err, $150 can get you pretty far for one night.
Cover charge into XS/Marquee/Hakkasan/etc. is $30-50. Free if you show up with enough girls or are staying at the hotel. Beers are around $7 on the strip, $3-4 in downtown. Alcohol is technically "free" in Vegas when you gamble (work the penny slots). Shit, I've gotten free drinks even when I wasn't gambling (I was just sitting there looking like I was). About $10 cab ride from anywhere on the strip. Most of the strip is practically walkable, if you want to jew it out even more.  

Cover charge ($50) + 10 beers ($70) + cab ride ($10) = $130, and that's high balling everything. $30/night rooms on the strip are not unheard of as well. You can easily get a room on the strip, get drunk, club at XS, and eat at a buffet for under $150.

Vegas was a bad example my du.
February 16, 2014 @ 08:43 AM
CaptainMurphy

I never got EDM concerts. I've never been to one and I've never did molly but, with other drugs I just want to spend time with friends or by myself,outside or in a comfortable setting with complex music. It seams like the exact opposite place I'd like to be at to do mind altering drugs. Tightly packed,people I don't know.alot of sweaty bros,basic repetative music. I think its for people who think drugs are taboo or don't normally buy drugs. In their mind its excused...They go to the concerts to do these things..Its part of the experience.
February 16, 2014 @ 08:50 AM
It's Only Hype

I never got EDM concerts. I've never been to one and I've never did molly but, with other drugs I just want to spend time with friends or by myself,outside or in a comfortable setting with complex music. It seams like the exact opposite place I'd like to be at to do mind altering drugs. Tightly packed,people I don't know.alot of sweaty bros,basic repetative music. I think its for people who think drugs are taboo or don't normally buy drugs. In their mind its excused...They go to the concerts to do these things..Its part of the experience.
Shit, when you're rolling you're gonna be into it. I was hype and i dont even like that edm shit
February 16, 2014 @ 03:33 PM
spamster

How far you think you'd get in Vegas with $150?
Err, $150 can get you pretty far for one night.
Cover charge into XS/Marquee/Hakkasan/etc. is $30-50. Free if you show up with enough girls or are staying at the hotel. Beers are around $7 on the strip, $3-4 in downtown. Alcohol is technically "free" in Vegas when you gamble (work the penny slots). Shit, I've gotten free drinks even when I wasn't gambling (I was just sitting there looking like I was). About $10 cab ride from anywhere on the strip. Most of the strip is practically walkable, if you want to jew it out even more.  

Cover charge ($50) + 10 beers ($70) + cab ride ($10) = $130, and that's high balling everything. $30/night rooms on the strip are not unheard of as well. You can easily get a room on the strip, get drunk, club at XS, and eat at a buffet for under $150.

Vegas was a bad example my du.
LOL. Sounds like you're a real Vegas pro my dude

Rates posted in Taxi:
$3.30 to get in the cab
$1.80 surcharge for airport dropoff or pickup
$2.40 per mile (charged as $0.20 per 1/12th mile)
$0.20 - waiting time fee, charged every 24 seconds when
the cab is moving less than 8-12mph

It will cost $9 to cover half the strip in 0 traffic and between $15-17 to do it end to end. Have you ever seen 0 traffic on the strip? Do you plan on going back to the hotel when you are done? If so, double that. $10 cab rides LOL.

The days of Tier 1 clubs letting mass groups of girls who have not made prior arrangements with hosts are over. It might work on a summer weekday but not on a big weekend or when a big name is in the house. Also notice the word starting.

Per Hakkasan website:
Admission
at the door will vary based on the talent of the evening.  Starting
admission on Thursday and Sunday for females will be $20; males will be $30. Friday and Saturdays admission will start at  $30 for females and  $50-$75 for males

I'm not saying its not possible. Anything is possible when you contact a host and patronize their services but since you're talking about penny slots and $30 strip rooms I doubt you go that route.

$30 dollar strip rooms? Possible I'm sure but you're probably at Monte Carlo or LVH for that price. Live it up my dude. You mentioned buffet. Even ghetto one is $16.

So penny slots will be the only gambling you do? Came all the way to Vegas to gamble pennies. I'm also assuming you tipped nobody? Didn't tip the bartender, the dealer, the bellhop, the cab driver, nobody? Real playa

I'm also guessing you aren't planning to get your dick wet on this trip? Didnt factor in buying a single drink for some club ho at any point along the way? Aint getting no pussy sitting at penny slots with $150 in your pocket.

I agree with you that Vegas can be done on the cheap if you really try hard to do so but some of your numbers are not realistic.

February 16, 2014 @ 03:55 PM
SupraRZ

I'm not going to argue back and forth, because I aint got time for that anymore. I never said you were going to living it up in Vegas. I said it can get you pretty far. OP's prices only reflected his own expenses. So did my Vegas prices. Buying drinks for other people is irrelevant.

Taxi price was a ball park price. Your right you need to go both ways. But you'll also probably be traveling with multiple people. So that price is already going to be split. I've never been to Hakkasan, but I've been to Marquee and and XS, the girls I've been with have NEVER had to pay cover charge and I've never had to pay more than $50 to get inside. No shit you aint going to be at MO or Cosmo for $30 a night. I never said you were. $10 buffets are still around Vegas my dude. Lunch buffet at the orleans is $9.99. It aint Bacchanal, but I never said it was either. Who gives a fuck about gambling, I'm talking about drinks. You think OP finna be gambling with $150? With those funds, realistically you wouldn't even be buying drinks on the strip, you'd bring your own.

Everything I posted is related to the original post. OP is a cheap bastard, I assume if he was going to Vegas he was going to act like on there as well. He won't be "living it up", but his $150 can get him a lot farther than he would expect. This has nothing to do with me or you. I don't even know who the fuck would even go to Vegas with less than a few grand. 
February 16, 2014 @ 03:57 PM
spamster

. I don't even know who the fuck would even go to Vegas for less than a few grand.
This sums it up my dude. Your points are all good ones.
February 16, 2014 @ 06:04 PM
paradoxx

- Shit faggots say 
February 16, 2014 @ 08:57 PM
Ruthless

- Shit faggots say 
Nigga shut yo bitch ass up

Please login first to reply.