Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
February 6, 2014 @ 02:50 PM
justinslayer

I heard a lot of people from Cali are starting to move out to places like Nevada,Colorado,Texas because of the job market.

I know NY is expensive so i can only imagine how much CA is.

That's not called being racist , it's called stereotyping -Dude from the misc

February 6, 2014 @ 03:35 PM
SonOfRise

Isn't NY more expensive then CA? 

Zooey Deschanel is the most perfect person on this earth and i love her more than anything and we are gettin married #2017!!!

February 6, 2014 @ 04:01 PM
THiZZ

Depends on what part of Cali... but it's not more than NY...
February 6, 2014 @ 05:08 PM
J THRILLLAH

I think it balances it out. In texas you get paid less but everything from gas, rent, groceries is cheaper. in ny, i got paid a lot more but of course everything costs more.

February 6, 2014 @ 06:05 PM
Black Donald Trump

Deep depends on where in Cali. San Fran is more expensive than New York from what I hear, LA is a little cheaper but not much, then there are areas full of huge mansions and areas that are just as trashy and poor as anywhere else. I don't know what the tax situation is in Cali but I would imagine it is similar to New York meaning a lot of what you make goes straight to taxes(if your rich, at least) whereas Texas has no income tax, in addition to everything being cheaper. 
Edit: just checked and Nevada also has no income tax
February 6, 2014 @ 06:19 PM
spamster

Depends on what you consider expensive and how you want to live. What might be expensive for a single income household might not be for a two income household. It all varies. Income tax is high. Property tax is high. A car is an absolute must so that plus the cost of gas can get pricey too. 
February 6, 2014 @ 06:28 PM
REVS

I've heard places like San Diego and San Francisco are expensive to live in, I'm sure nicer parts of LA are pretty costly. But it all boils down to the location, and that could be said for a lot of places. 

I prefer carcinogens to endorphins.

February 6, 2014 @ 07:47 PM
questions

Of course Nevada, Colorado, Texas are going to be cheaper than LA or SF, but the OC is cheaper than LA too.

SF, Manhattan, Brooklyn are the three most expensive places to live in the country. Rents are high, but you don't need a car.
February 6, 2014 @ 07:48 PM
questions

If you really want to save money, move to Kansas.
February 6, 2014 @ 07:55 PM
mackness

or kill yourself

http://jnmcknss.tumblr.com/

February 6, 2014 @ 07:57 PM
octose

or kill yourself
The most viable option to save your pennies.

In heaven, all the interesting people are missing. - Friedrich Nietzsche

February 6, 2014 @ 08:01 PM
mackness

or kill yourself
The most viable option to save your pennies.
Rather that than live in Kansas

http://jnmcknss.tumblr.com/

February 6, 2014 @ 08:07 PM
RiFF RaFF

The Bay Area is ridiculously expensive. 

a studio apartment here is 1500$ a month.

Be about it

February 6, 2014 @ 08:07 PM
Lethal Interjection

SoCal is not that bad but prices varies on the area. You get what you pay for.

Sentimental at heart & forever - Jurtis Cackson

February 6, 2014 @ 08:11 PM
db_cooper

Sure its going to seem expensive in comparison to less desirable places in the country but its not absurd. And then there  are the obvious things like living inland will be cheaper. One man's idea of expensive might be pocket change to the next so you're question is kind of hard to answer without knowing what expensive means to you
February 6, 2014 @ 08:20 PM
dtgsigns

it depends on what you think is expensive. I live in orange county so I can give you an overlook at expenses here. But it also depends where in OC you live. The richest city in the USA is Newport Beach, so obviously rent is going to be expensive there. Pretty much all the beach cities have pricey rent.

Typically a shared room for rent runs about $400 (at the least), you can probably find cheaper prices in more ghetto areas. I currently live in an apt near my school so it's a decent place, I'd say mostly middle class people live near me. And as other people have said, LA rent is more expensive than OC.
February 6, 2014 @ 08:36 PM
hooplaog

Pretty much.
February 6, 2014 @ 08:54 PM
spamster

it depends on what you think is expensive. I live in orange county so I can give you an overlook at expenses here. But it also depends where in OC you live. The richest city in the USA is Newport Beach, so obviously rent is going to be expensive there. Pretty much all the beach cities have pricey rent.

Typically a shared room for rent runs about $400 (at the least), you can probably find cheaper prices in more ghetto areas. I currently live in an apt near my school so it's a decent place, I'd say mostly middle class people live near me. And as other people have said, LA rent is more expensive than OC.
Newport Beach is "the richest city in the USA"? What does that even mean? Are you saying that Newport Beach has the highest median household income? Or are you saying Newport Beach is the most expensive city to live in? Either way you are incorrect on both accounts

http://www.city-data.com/top2.html
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/10-most-expensive-places-to-live-in-the-u-s--163648923.html
February 7, 2014 @ 02:03 AM
TBPco.

really all depends on what city you are in and if you like expensive things 
February 7, 2014 @ 05:18 AM
fernyysanchez

Daly City (5 minute away from SF) (pretty much where all the housing is for anyone who wants to live in SF is like $1000/month for only 1 room things vary on price depending on city to city especially in the bay area
February 7, 2014 @ 07:16 AM
kmz

Really depends where in a city.  LA has places like Brentwood which go for $2k for 1br but also has like Palms which is more like $700.  SF proper is crazy expensive around $2k for a STUDIO
February 7, 2014 @ 07:23 AM
Fitch

Despite the high cost of living, it remains quite popular.
February 7, 2014 @ 05:27 PM
J THRILLLAH

The amount you pay for a room in Brooklyn, is the amount for a 3 bedroom, 2 bath, back patio, washer and dryer, in Texas.

February 7, 2014 @ 11:10 PM
century

My one bedroom duplex in LA is $1300 a month. Small at 600 sq. ft, good property though. Got a nice private yard, view, washer and dryer, parking and new appliances. 

NYC and San Fran are far more expensive. What really gets you in LA are the taxes, car insurance and parking tickets. Also, the cost of food is higher than most places as well. But my cigs are only 6 bucks a pack compared to the $14 in NYC. 
February 7, 2014 @ 11:19 PM
blaagh

I hear beverly hills is pretty expensive.

sorry.

est. mcmxcii

February 7, 2014 @ 11:20 PM
GOLF

suspended

Daly City (5 minute away from SF) (pretty much where all the housing is for anyone who wants to live in SF is like $1000/month for only 1 room things vary on price depending on city to city especially in the bay area
daly city is the pinoy spawning ground
February 7, 2014 @ 11:23 PM
flu

The middle class gets taxed hard.

WTB: Supreme Quilted Satin Bomber Sz: Med.

Please login first to reply.