Get 15% Off + Free Shipping on Orders over $150 - Use Code: EPICSUMMER
February 5, 2014 @ 02:04 AM
POPALONG//CASSIDY

Hoping shit goes well for you dude. 
February 5, 2014 @ 02:14 AM
Pineapple Espresso

OP, is your mom collecting disability or comp?

Also, your mom probably hates help because she's used to being strong and independent.  Getting help makes her face the fact that right now she's weak.  But here's where you come in.  You gotta let her know that it's ok for her to let her guard down and let you be strong.  Show her you mean it by focusing better in school.  Help her find some coupon deals for common expenses.  Have her shop around for a new car insurance company to try and reduce that expense as well.  Look for a job or a side hustle.  Mow some lawns on the weekends.  Or shovel snow depending on where you're at.  Lotta dudes say sell weed.  It's not worth the risk if your state is strict. A safer bet is selling weed brownies. But don't sell on school grounds. That's just dumb. And if you're in highschool, don't sell at all.  Think of another good or service to sell.  If you're near a sneaker shop that sells hyped items that you would never wear, buy and resell.  If your area doesn't require you to bundle your cable and internet, then just go 100% internet.  Any TV show you like you can still catch online.  That'll help you save some dough. I'm just throwing out ideas man.  I really hope things work out.  

Remember this though: most problems have solutions.  Your life is currently a puzzle that you have to solve.  It's probably the biggest challenge you've had to face, but I feel like you got the heart to solve it. 

Keep your head up. Stay out of trouble. Help your moms. 
DM always has wisdom to share. The only thing I will say about this advice above is just avoid any type of illegal activity altogether. Whether or not you get into trouble, it is certain to add stress to your life. Right now, everything you do should ideally reduce your stress on a daily basis. 

There are things in life that you can control and things that you cannot. One of my coaches always said: if you work hard and do the right things with the variables you can control, the results will eventually take care of themselves. Here are a few variables you can control:

Time: Each of has has 24 hours to spend in a day and how you spend that time is up to you. Make the most of your time. When you're in class, pay attention and do the work. You're there anyway so why not get the most from each class period. Your grades will improve and if you can get some homework done in class, you will have less to worry about after school. I can tell you from experience, it is far more stressful to fall behind in school (skip class, miss deadlines, etc) than it is to become an efficient and productive student. Spend your leisure time well. Surround yourself with positive ambitious people who inspire and motivate you to become better. Engage with your interests and learn new things. Read interesting books and listen to good music. Encourage your mom to do the same. Lastly, even on busy days, remember to get enough sleep.

Exercise: Working out will make you look and feel better and it is a great way to work through frustration. Regardless of whether or not you have access to a gym, go running, cycling, swimming, skating, or whatever else you enjoy as often as you can. Mix in pull-ups, push-ups, and core work. Spend time outdoors. Focus on your breath. You will find your self esteem improves with your progress.

Nutrition: Eat as well as you possibly can everyday and learn to cook if you haven't already. Healthy foods will improve your mental and physical state. Cooking might be an activity you can do with your mom and I am sure your mom and grandparents would appreciate it if you cooked them a meal occasionally. Even if you are on a tight budget, you can do this. Stop drinking soda and drink more water. If you are careful with your food budget, you will find that you can eat well for less money than you might imagine (water, fruit, vegetables, rice, noodles, tuna, peanut butter, jam, whole wheat bread, etc).

(Exercise and nutrition work together. Your body is an engine - it burns air and fuel. Air is your breath and fuel is the food you eat. Keep your engine running well and burning clean fuel.)

Organization: Take time to outline what is going on in your life. Figure out what you can control and what you cannot. You might find that once your thoughts are organized on paper, they don't seem as overwhelming. Set both long and short term goals. Organize your space, your time, and your thoughts. Become as efficient as you can and understand exactly what you can and should do to move towards a better life.

Focus on these goals: reducing stress, maximizing efficiency, becoming (and staying) organized, and improving yourself everyday. 

There are no quick fixes for difficult situations like this. Creating a life filled with meaning and value takes time - but you have time to put in. Everyone does.

You gotta think beyond thought to fish for a mermaid - Chuck Inglish

February 5, 2014 @ 02:18 AM
totalespionage

And whatever you do, don't turn to drugs for temporary relief
This. I was going through a tough time a few yrs ago and even though I have been smoking weed since I was like 14 I started to do too much around 19-20 to mask the pain I was in. My fam even offered to pay for me to see a therapist but I said no and that weed is my therapy. To make a long story short, if I go a day without smoking I start to feel really anxious and overwhelmed (I can't really explain it). I don't think im addicted but maybe im in denial.
February 5, 2014 @ 02:56 AM
nat turner

Show ya mama some love do some good thangs for her. You probably broke idk but try to treat her to something nice. A dinner or make a dinner for her. A movie. Something. Be extra helpful. Let go of that negativity.

http://pureandgood.tumblr.com/ IG: thevictoryspeech

February 5, 2014 @ 03:03 AM
mackness

This. I was going through a tough time a few yrs ago and even though I have been smoking weed since I was like 14 I started to do too much around 19-20 to mask the pain I was in. My fam even offered to pay for me to see a therapist but I said no and that weed is my therapy. To make a long story short, if I go a day without smoking I start to feel really anxious and overwhelmed (I can't really explain it). I don't think im addicted but maybe im in denial.
this is why I've never done drugs

"mack you get a pass for wearing female pants i aint even gonna ether you anymore" Powercum http://jnmcknss.tumblr.com/

February 5, 2014 @ 03:11 AM
theAnoos

suspended

DONE
February 5, 2014 @ 03:13 AM
theAnoos

suspended

Dude, go to a fucken psychologist, too much weed can cause psychosis, you start see shit. Dont ruin ur brain cells
February 5, 2014 @ 07:20 AM
bugzzz

suspended

I'm sad as fuck right now, I know my past posts said I don't have many problems, but honestly ain't shit going right in life right now.

My mom hurt her back so she can't work, my mom depressed and that's making me sad too cause I hate seeing my mom like this. My grades slipping hard, my self esteem is at an all-time low, I think most of the people outside my group of friends hates me. Very few girls will even give me the time of day. My grandma just got out of one surgery, she gotta go back for another one, I'm scared cause I know her body weak,  I don't know if she can handle all this shit. My grandpa been handling shit by himself, he's dealing with cancer now. 

On top of all that, I just found out one of my niggas died, that's 12 of the people I considered friends dead in 3 months. At this point I really can't handle life. I don't have shit going for me at the moment, honestly not a damn thing is looking up right now. 
12 of ur friends died in 3 months? damn, thats tragic as hell. without meaning to sound inconsiderate, and if ur comfortable talkin about it, how did that happen? gangs? illnesses? local tragedy?

aye bruh im sorry for everything that's happening to you. just kno that adversities make you tougher, if u stay strong thru them. eventually ull overcome em. keep ur head up and keep working hard in everything u do. and kno ur worth. do u wut u love and dont let ur fears control u. dont let other ppl define u.

u got HB support bruh. one love.
February 5, 2014 @ 07:39 AM
AmericanLegend

i dont fuck with drugs or smoke on a regular basis or any other type of basis
but i have, i think u should experience soft drugs at least once
its life experiences, memories, u are depriving yourself of. u have one life to experience all u can

taste the glamour

February 5, 2014 @ 08:12 AM
reducto

Damn, fam just keep it together. There's always a point in life that you gunna experience tragic shit but nobody is going to be there to pick you up besides yourself. There's tons of things ahead of you that you have to look forward to, don't let one rainy day fuck you over more than it should. Do as much as you can and pray for the best, some things are out of your control and taking blame for those things isn't going to help. Catch up on hobbies and shit, keep yourself occupied. Don't cope your depression with weed, that shit isn't a depressant and should not be depended on as a depressant. Prayers go out to you.
February 8, 2014 @ 10:04 PM
WakeUpScottie

Me and my mom left ATL and moved to this small town a few miles away. Shit is a lot less hectic here. Hopefully shit becomes good again.

You ever find a room full of money then realize it ain't your money but still take it cause its money?

February 8, 2014 @ 10:11 PM
WakeUpScottie

I'm sad as fuck right now, I know my past posts said I don't have many problems, but honestly ain't shit going right in life right now.

My mom hurt her back so she can't work, my mom depressed and that's making me sad too cause I hate seeing my mom like this. My grades slipping hard, my self esteem is at an all-time low, I think most of the people outside my group of friends hates me. Very few girls will even give me the time of day. My grandma just got out of one surgery, she gotta go back for another one, I'm scared cause I know her body weak,  I don't know if she can handle all this shit. My grandpa been handling shit by himself, he's dealing with cancer now. 

On top of all that, I just found out one of my niggas died, that's 12 of the people I considered friends dead in 3 months. At this point I really can't handle life. I don't have shit going for me at the moment, honestly not a damn thing is looking up right now. 
12 of ur friends died in 3 months? damn, thats tragic as hell. without meaning to sound inconsiderate, and if ur comfortable talkin about it, how did that happen? gangs? illnesses? local tragedy?

aye bruh im sorry for everything that's happening to you. just kno that adversities make you tougher, if u stay strong thru them. eventually ull overcome em. keep ur head up and keep working hard in everything u do. and kno ur worth. do u wut u love and dont let ur fears control u. dont let other ppl define u.

u got HB support bruh. one love.
A few reasons actually. Two died the same day on a snowmobile, 5 died due to gang violence, one of them was already pushing on the streets so that was already in the back of our minds, 2 were stuck in a fire, 2 committed suicide, and the last one was murdered by his dad. 

You ever find a room full of money then realize it ain't your money but still take it cause its money?

February 8, 2014 @ 10:37 PM
poobie

Nigga where tha fuck do you live? If I lost 12 homies in 3 months it's time to move...
February 8, 2014 @ 11:04 PM
kbos

He did move, post above last. 

Sorry about those losses fam, thats a ton of loss. Coping and mourning and dealing with these circumstances in a healthy way can make you a stronger person in the long run. Your loved ones legacies can maintain relevancy through the memories you shared, hold on to that as a positive energy and they can never be completely erased. Reach out if you need too. Shits real. 
February 9, 2014 @ 04:20 AM
Lilly V LA

be thankful, you have who you have, and be there for ur family, things could be a lot worst and things always do get better, thats life its gives some and takes some, just pray! you will get through it! 

602 PHOENIX "Where it's so HOT we ROAST ya" BIRD CITY 602

February 13, 2014 @ 10:10 PM
Jeffarini

If you haven't already... start journaling.
Write that shit down. The good, the bad and the ugly.
Helps you to keep track of the past, the present and the future you will create.
Start asking yourself the right questions. Every day.
What also helped me is exercise.
Not for the bitches. For you.
It's about moving the body.
Motion creates emotion.
I read you moved already, so you're on well your way.
Hope your doing better bruh.
February 13, 2014 @ 10:15 PM
Hashy

Damn I'm moving to ATL soon haha this is not good news
February 15, 2014 @ 01:00 AM
ag4195

Bro, whatever you do keep your shit together. Don't let you grades slip. My family went through mad shit while I was in high school and I let me grades slip. You don't know how hard I had to work to make up for all my failures. Fortunately I am now in my top choice medical school and am living like a fucking boss in Manhattan.

Stay on course and don't make the mistakes I made.
February 15, 2014 @ 01:06 AM
ag4195

and you don't even know this yet, but all the experience and lessons you learn from all this bullshit you are going through will turn you into a G, homie. TRUST ME.
February 15, 2014 @ 02:23 AM
bananaoke

sometimes music can really help.
February 15, 2014 @ 02:29 AM
Efil4zaggin

Only 1 advice for you:

WAKE UP SCOTTIE!

:0

February 15, 2014 @ 02:39 AM
Panther.

hope all is well homie. you need some ambition if you want to get better. as in, have you ever had any big ideas? creating a website, starting a small business, or some other project? you need to find some meaning in your life right now. make mom proud

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Florida State Seminole

February 15, 2014 @ 03:01 AM
SonOfRise

You should start painting

Zooey Deschanel is the most perfect person on this earth and i love her more than anything and we are gettin married #2017!!!

February 15, 2014 @ 03:42 AM
YK

12 of your friends died in 3 months? where the fuck do you live chicago? 

edit: you already answered that

tbh you should cry until youre happy

where the azn girls at

Please login first to reply.