Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
January 30, 2014 @ 11:14 PM
kbos

Alright so me and a lady friend just got plane tickets to go down to Miami on a short trip in March. I'm tryna stay in an area where we can relax and be at a beach and eat some good ass food. Will be there from a monday-thursday Don't necessarily have to stay right on Miami beach. Any advice on some places in south eastern florida to be at without it being too dull or too much of a zoo? Trying to avoid beaches that have crowds like this:

January 30, 2014 @ 11:33 PM
db_cooper

If you'll have a car, it'll be cheaper to stay outside the city. Even as far north as WPB
January 31, 2014 @ 12:23 AM
IbRiNgDaBaCon

Ft Lauderdale is nice and not so crowded. Delray Beach is sick too. The ave is nice.
January 31, 2014 @ 12:29 AM
mackness

I was born in Key West
Go during when a lot of colleges have Spring Break, always parties to crash

"mack you get a pass for wearing female pants i aint even gonna ether you anymore" Powercum http://jnmcknss.tumblr.com/

January 31, 2014 @ 12:45 AM
Panther.

Let a native speak.

Definitely hit up Coconut Grove. Lots of tight ass bars and restaurants for the younger crowd. If you want a fancy dinner with an amazing view in the Grove, then go to the restaurant at the Siesta Hotel.

As for beaches, go to Nikki Beach downtown. This is the be-all end-all beach.

Plenty of fancy restaurants downtown, i.e. Smith and Wollensky.

If you have the dough, rent a boat and take it out on Key Biscayne. Or at least do some water sports like wakeboarding or water skiing.

Great fishing in the Keys, although the Keys are a little dull. Ft. Lauderdale is okay but kind of dark and pretty shabby in some areas. Oh, and see if you can get tickets to a Panthers/Heat game.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Florida State Seminole

January 31, 2014 @ 12:46 AM
Panther.

Wait did you say March?? When in March? Ultra will be an amazing experience if you wanna drop some cash.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Florida State Seminole

January 31, 2014 @ 01:06 AM
Sentimental

happiest place on Earth

Fuck Off.

January 31, 2014 @ 01:18 AM
guyitsmathew

coconut grove/brickell/sobe for eats
go to shoegallery in downtown

the beaches aren't so crowded during the week but really depends what week you're coming during march

http://www.guyitsmathew.net/

January 31, 2014 @ 02:01 AM
esjay

go to a heat game

hit up south beach

ft.lauderdale beach

go shopping aventura , bal harbour etc

fishing etc

panthers has some good suggestions

MY FS THREAD , CHEAP ASS SHIT : http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/178540/

January 31, 2014 @ 04:29 AM
Lugubrious

Galleria Mall is cool
January 31, 2014 @ 01:39 PM
never_nervous

Galleria sucks, only mall I would suggest going to would be aventura. Pretty crowded 100% of the time but it's got a good selection of stores as far as malls go. What ever area your in just use yelp to find good local spots. Avoid dining on south beach because almost all the restaurants are terribly mediocre and over priced. Like others have said heat games are cool, shoe gallery is alright. 

Second Saturday of every month is art walk in Wynwood so if it lines up with your scheduel I suggest you check it out.

the Keys are nice as far as scenery goes. The drive the is beautiful and if you stay it's cool to be able to watch the sun rise and set over the ocean.
January 31, 2014 @ 02:40 PM
ragamuffin

If you're looking for killer burgers not far from south beach, go hit up the Burger and Beer shack, great beer and great burgers after a day at the beach.

http://gollygee13.tumblr.com/

January 31, 2014 @ 04:26 PM
NZOO

Ft. lauderdale is a shitty place, it's lowkey hood depending on where you at, so don't get caught slipping.

Don't badmind me.

January 31, 2014 @ 06:14 PM
kat!e

Let a native speak.

Definitely hit up Coconut Grove. Lots of tight ass bars and restaurants for the younger crowd. If you want a fancy dinner with an amazing view in the Grove, then go to the restaurant at the Siesta Hotel.

As for beaches, go to Nikki Beach downtown. This is the be-all end-all beach.

Plenty of fancy restaurants downtown, i.e. Smith and Wollensky.

If you have the dough, rent a boat and take it out on Key Biscayne. Or at least do some water sports like wakeboarding or water skiing.

Great fishing in the Keys, although the Keys are a little dull. Ft. Lauderdale is okay but kind of dark and pretty shabby in some areas. Oh, and see if you can get tickets to a Panthers/Heat game.
like he said, but nikki beach is in south beach, not downtown. other that that pretty accurate. You should stay somewhere in the southbeach area if you dont plan on renting a car, plenty clubs, restaurants, and shit to do there.
January 31, 2014 @ 08:26 PM
hurtburt

Fort Lauderdale is tight as buttholes. Swing by aventura mall in Miami aswell, they've got a Y3 store and some other gemz aswell as a good italian spot.

"Me and a lady friend" .... cool

NUTTIN BUT KILLAZ

February 2, 2014 @ 12:30 AM
kbos

YO so im renting a nissan altima and staying at hotel urbano got a good deal and the reviews are mad good. Im real fucking excited good looks on the advice guys, esp panther and the other locals. Will be checking out some of that shit for sure, good looks on the burger joint ragamuffin im a huge burger fiend.
February 2, 2014 @ 02:51 AM
SupraRZ

^ I'm also heading to Miami in March (for umf). Good looks on the thread, needed a few suggestions as well. Enjoy your trip b, I'm excited as fuck for mine.

If you're looking for killer burgers not far from south beach, go hit up the Burger and Beer shack, great beer and great burgers after a day at the beach.
I assume this the place? 
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g34439-d1503900-Reviews-The_Burger_Beer_Joint-Miami_Beach_Florida.html

Please login first to reply.