Enjoy an Additional 10% Off on All Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA10
January 28, 2014 @ 09:11 AM
thatniggatho

Stopped reading at : 'global minimum wage'. supply/demand econ 101 .. minimum wages esp. on a global scale never work when supply (workers) exceeds demand.. you hike minimum wage and everything goes up (inflation) that the person buys + taxes negating any benefit.. the rich live above the effects of inflation.

Best way to better income distribution ? Stop letting the biggest corporation of them all (Govt) take your money via taxes + print more money when that runs out = more regulations to benefit the rich, more policies to benefit the rich, more money handed out to rich (bailouts when shtf). But some people seem to think because a scam artist calls himself a democrat then he's no longer a scam artist. The biggest impediment to more equal income distribution are the idiots in our democracy that keep voting for the same dumb niggas expecting a diff. result... which is ironic because they only people they are hurting w/ such action is themselves.

/thread 
Exactly, i dont ever get this whole debate on a money economy when money has an arbitrary value dependent on the ability of an economy o repay future debts ect ect so in effect...barely lifting minumum wage will lift inflation that will negate income gains if it isnt backed by additional real resource gains/economic activity/higher empolyment(Expensive oil wont help). As with the global minimum wage, we will never reach that point as every countries economic dynamism is a different, though we will see a minimum wage drop to levels that will allow the US to compete, i think because of US worker productivity being the highest in the world next to japan, we wil never reach minimum wage parity with countries such as china. As with the government QE programs that are helping the divide between the classes to increase,i agee wholeheartedly. QE is robbing the people wealth and giving it to corporations. the thing is i dont get is why the sheep still think that a stock rally will benefit them, when the reason why stocks are so high is because of the fact companies have reorganised their workforce, fired people, to achieve higher productivity/efficiency with a smaller workforce an lower costs associated with outsourcing and have also focused on emerging economies not to mention cheap credit/bailout money. Yet the same sheep will demonise unions when it is them who benefit from unions. Minimum wage will have to rise above of  inflation to really have an effect, not just incremential increases that will be negated with inflation. The US is a corporatocracy. Their is nothing we can do, as the corporate dogs have enabled the chinese to rise to the point where it isnt dependent of foreign investment anymore, increasinglt relying on domestic markets.
So. You get it now. This is not the first time this happened in human history.It happens every time the cycle is long enough that niggas forget about getting yoked in the past. For the last decade (+) niggas were sleep.. This is the result and as you acknowledged : 'aint shit you can do about it but suffer the collective consequence'. If you're rich, even better. Maybe generations down the line will look back on this period were in currently and going to go through in the future and learn.. Chances are though, just like we didn't learn they wont either and this will repeat 100-200 years from now albeit in a different form. You get it so i wont bash on you OP. I was the same way out of college when i started figuring shit out.. some years later i get that you can't wake niggas up until they hit rock bottom. So, don't waste your energy on this anymore. Not shit you can do about it.. Focus your energy on things you can.

/The end
January 28, 2014 @ 09:15 AM
theAnoos

suspended

The middle class will never be "doomed" so stop with the nonsense
Thats funny because i do remember that their  general consensus that middlclass jobsare in the decline:
http://www.latimes.com/opinion/commentary/la-oe-mcmanus-column-inequality-20131023,0,7173397.column#axzz2rgEGjgGs
http://billmoyers.com/2013/09/20/by-the-numbers-the-incredibly-shrinking-american-middle-class/
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/08/27/heres-where-middle-class-jobs-are-vanishing-the-fastest/
http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/business/121012/america-the-gutted-introduction
The fact is the middlcass will not disappear as technically being in the middleclass just means youre in the middle band of the socioeconomic spectrum, but expect to see a drop in wages relative to inflation and the fact that home ownership, exuberant consumer spending, a pre-gfc western lifestyle lifestyle will become more difficult to achieve. This isnt a matter of opinion but an economic fact, and inevitability when the other 80 percent of the global population start demanding things we take advantage of erryday. In other words a resource correction/ Not to mention cheap oil will signal the end of a typical western lifestyle as oil pretty much is the lifeblood of a modern economy.
That happens when you sit on your ass talking about #swag all day while other inclined individuals go out making money and scheme up ways to take yours. After all this time in this country where people let govt. run a muck, even rallied behind the nigga fuckin yall over, now yall wanna bitch when its too late? Nigga the money has been made.. it's gone and its due to apathy and lack of involvement..due to lack of critical thinking and being critical of niggas. How bad can things get? Great depression and guess what? you're gonna have to :

People ignored and don't do shit about privacy laws (NSA) spying.
You let this nigga obeezy print 1 trillion more dollars than we have every year.
Liberals don't want law abiding people w/ guns ...
15 million illegals about to be given amnesty 
Wallstreet got their bailouts and get $80billion a month :
http://projects.marketwatch.com/short-history-of-qe-and-the-market-timeline/
Police state is getting hogwild in nigga's booties.

What options you have nigga? Country is broke, govt. corrupt, you're broke, rich been getting paid, they're about to flood this bish w/ 15 million unskilled niggas taking young/low skilled workers jobs, they about to get obeezy care and get us even more into debt... and when you start actin' a fool, they gonna know because they got lines on you nigga and if that fails, you gonna get your head beat in by for law enforcers.

Buy you a blunt and chill nigga. Aint shit you gonna do about it. There was a time Americans could have but yall niggas were sleep.

P.S - There's nothing to fix. They got theirs. You don't have yours. The way they see it, you're just a powerless butthurt crybaby. When you have no power what you gonna do to them? Complain on hypebeast.. come up w/ solutions that are never gonna get implemented (there is no problem).

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2014/01/venture-capitalist-says-war-on-the-rich-is-like-nazi-germanys-war-on-the-jews/283347/

OP.. Rich Niggas are comparin' you to Nazis .. You think they want your solutions?
I know this shit already, thats why throughout this thread im basically saying we are all fawked, might awell try hard to join the fuckers on the top then cry later when shit gets real bad. Im an Austalian nigga who is very much interested in American politics, but here in Australia its alot better, though i could see the tsunami coming from a mile. We next aswell. The rich basically think we are all peasants, they have a god complex, most of them backed by studies are sociopaths, thats how they got dere money, besides some ingenuity. This is why im saying, get ready to jump boat before the storm starts and you see the average joe become the poverty class and you see race wars, class wars on the streets, people dying from starvation and shit. Just be ready because if you think this is bad, its gonna get worse.
January 28, 2014 @ 09:21 AM
thatniggatho

The middle class will never be "doomed" so stop with the nonsense
I know this shit already, thats why throughout this thread im basically saying we are all fawked, might awell try hard to join the fuckers on the top then cry later when shit gets real bad. Im an Austalian nigga who is very much interested in American politics, but here in Australia its alot better, though i could see the tsunami coming from a mile. We next aswell. The rich basically think we are all peasants, they have a god complex, most of them backed by studies are sociopaths, thats how they got dere money, besides some ingenuity. This is why im saying, get ready to jump boat before the storm starts and you see the average joe become the poverty class and you see race wars, class wars on the streets, people dying from starvation and shit. Just be ready because if you think this is bad, its gonna get worse.
Fo sho. Worry about your country OP. I trade global markets and although you think Aus. is doing hot, your books and housing bubble are prepping you to be next in-line. Further, last i checked, yall fell for some soft ass policies in the past that resulted in confiscation of guns. At least we got heat in America for when the carpet gets yanked.

The niggas who weren't sleep will be fine and that's all that matters. 
As i stated, the irony is, the very clowns in this country who voted and backed such things that resulted in this mess are feeling the consequences the most. So, where's the problem? You stick your hand on the burner .. you get burnt. My hands aren't burnt because i wasn't that stupid. Neither are the hands of many other informed peeps. Where's the problem? Aus has enough of their own. Focus your attention there.
January 28, 2014 @ 09:27 AM
theAnoos

suspended

Fo sho. Worry about your country OP. I trade global markets and although you think Aus. is doing hot, your books and housing bubble are prepping you to be next in-line. Further, last i checked, yall fell for some soft ass policies in the past that resulted in confiscation of guns. At least we got heat in America for when the carpet gets yanked.

As i stated, the irony is, the very clowns in this country who voted and backed such things that resulted in this mess are feeling the consequences the most. So, where's the problem? You stick your hand on the burner .. you get burnt. My hands aren't burnt because i wasn't that stupid. Neither are the hands of many other informed peeps. Where's the problem? Aus has enough of their own. Focus your attention there.
yeah, the housing bubble is dangerous shit, thats what can set everything off as the housing market contributes so much to Aus economy beside da rocks and education. Im only nineteen so im just tryna do the best i can in school, but i dont even expect to buy a house, the housing market has been fucked by speculators and the chinese foreign investors. I aint a racist, but the chinese are starting to pis me off.
January 28, 2014 @ 09:40 AM
thatniggatho

yeah, the housing bubble is dangerous shit, thats what can set everything off as the housing market contributes so much to Aus economy beside da rocks and education. Im only nineteen so im just tryna do the best i can in school, but hopefully ill be set for life within the next 15 years, the housing market has been fucked by speculators and the chinese foreign investors. I aint a racist, but the chinese are starting to pis me off.
I got into you earlier.. but you're 19? kudos to you. You're far ahead of where i was at that age. 
Word of advice and i think you get this : focus your energy elsewhere.. put your efforts into not being the guy whose life is impacted by these matters. It will pay out 10 fold. You'll learn through experience that trying to educate people on this big picture young/old is like talking to rocks.. So go out and get yours.. Don't back fuckboi politicians .. don't endorse policies/etc that rape people and converse w/ like minds to provide yourself w/ an outlet. 

School is everything... If you have straight A's find a way to get straight A++'s.. Don't study bullshit and be the change you wanna see in the world. Good luck man. Suffering isn't new to humanity.. It's been a part of our condition ever since inception. When someone has freedom and they give it and their money away to a trickster.. sux for them but hopefully they'll learn. You can warn em once.. but live your life.. they'll learn or they'll suffer the consequences. You know better so you're already a step ahead.
January 28, 2014 @ 01:40 PM
SHARKlN

You guys been rushin here after economics class to spit everything down or you mainly going off wsj headlines?
January 28, 2014 @ 02:10 PM
theAnoos

suspended

most boring fucking two pages ive ever set my eyes upon. 

a ) less is more, 
b ) none of you have life experience
c ) fucking sad b 
You are right in that ive never got into operating my own businesses though i do know quite alot of people who have due to rational fears about the labour market. I did say this was a serious thread, what were you expecting, tits or something. This is why this generation is doomed becuse it seems important debates about the economy is too boring for you lot. American popular culture has encouraged short attention spans  inorder to blind the people from what is happening right under their noses. 
January 28, 2014 @ 02:11 PM
theAnoos

suspended

January 28, 2014 @ 03:22 PM
origins

48% of businesses are raising their prices, oh and hey some companies plan to raise wages (more paid to taxes!):
http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2014/01/27/more-businesses-expect-to-raise-prices-in-coming-months/?mod=e2tw
Meaning, our economy is improving (in some parts). Now the market drop is showing us some companies are over-valued, for example Apple.. way too over valued imo. No new products, just alterations of the same products. But also, other economies are suffering way worse than us, and we have people panicking and selling short. There are also people selling because of the market again, is over-valued. The market has gone up 50% since '11!

There will always be a middle class, when the middle class is in trouble, so is the poor. Best option: get into that said "1%" bull shit. Work hard, play hard and get your deserved earnings. There's a reason why it's difficult to get rich.. Can't stand the unemployed getting benefits when they're not even trying to get a job. And for anyone who says there's no jobs, that's complete utter bull shit.

Best way to make money is set some money aside and invest. Whether it be biotech, tech, pharmaceuticals, green... Investing overseas is risky right now, with all the economic issues occurring, especially in China. 

Overall, focus on your well-being and fuck everyone else. None of these politicians give a shit about you, they just focus on what will make them the most money.

http://getsupreme.bigcartel.com/

January 28, 2014 @ 05:12 PM
NZOO

You can't fix this, this country is built on fuckery as is.  The american dream is greed and you  either succumb to it or capitalize off of it.

Don't badmind me.

January 28, 2014 @ 05:13 PM
TIMDOT

tl;dr we need revolution innit.
It seems to me that all of you have lapped up conceptions of the world that have been fed to you by the hegemony. 
Can you climb a ladder whose rungs do not exist? That's a fucking hard ladder to climb, impossible even. In fact the only way to climb it is to ask others at the foot of the ladder to lay on top of each other to form a mound of bodies for you to climb. 
The ladder is only there for you and others to look up and make more wealth seem obtainable when in the end you're being screwed, and squashed, by those above you.
Capitalism will end just as it once began I cannot believe it is inherent to the human psyche. But I am far from a determinist.
January 30, 2014 @ 03:53 AM
ManyHenny

tl;dr we need revolution innit.
It seems to me that all of you have lapped up conceptions of the world that have been fed to you by the hegemony. 
Can you climb a ladder whose rungs do not exist? That's a fucking hard ladder to climb, impossible even. In fact the only way to climb it is to ask others at the foot of the ladder to lay on top of each other to form a mound of bodies for you to climb. 
The ladder is only there for you and others to look up and make more wealth seem obtainable when in the end you're being screwed, and squashed, by those above you.
Capitalism will end just as it once began I cannot believe it is inherent to the human psyche. But I am far from a determinist.
So you're anti-capitalism?

Please login first to reply.