January 28, 2014 @ 05:09 PM
NZOO

It's not just NYC, niggas are wage slaves out here. You just have to be smart with your money tbh and look for ways to make money. You may not be rich, but at least you can live.

Don't badmind me.

January 28, 2014 @ 06:59 PM
billyblacksocks

NYC is one of the most expensive cities in the world.. what did you expect?

the cost of a small place here is equivalent to a nice place in LA.
I live in Los Angeles so can not intelligently speak on New York real estate but I highly doubt that the price of a small place in New York is the equivalent to a large place in Los Angeles. I do agree that New York is the most expensive city to live in followed by SF and LA but I think the cost of living is closer than you make it out to be.

I lived Mid-City in a 1br apt that was 1300 sq feet and price was $1500 per month
I lived in a 1br apt in Hollywood that was 1200 sq feet and $1700 per month
I lived downtown in a loft that was 1600 sq feet and cost was $2000 per month. 
Not saying these are the averages but just trying to point out that rent aint cheap here either. Glad I'm done flushing money on rent though.  
Son, you don't have to go to the east coast to see how cheap that is. In San Francisco that 1300 sqft apt is $2300 in a shitty neighborhood like the Tenderloin and that $2000 downtown loft is $5000 in a loft in SOMA. Los Angeles, in my opinion, has the greatest price for value rents in the USA in any of the three major cities. Plus the bad neighborhoods in LA aren't even that bad. East Hollywood (Little Armenia), Echo Park, Korea-Town; all very livable and interesting neighborhoods at great value rents.
January 28, 2014 @ 07:04 PM
billyblacksocks

I'm looking for an apartment in gramercy (moving late august) and a 1br runs around $3,000 with  studios at $2,100.
Are you rich? Why would you do that?

Why not find a roommate in Queens or Brooklyn.
January 28, 2014 @ 07:08 PM
billyblacksocks

I'm looking for an apartment in gramercy (moving late august) and a 1br runs around $3,000 with  studios at $2,100.
Are you rich? Why would you do that?

Why not find a roommate in Queens or Brooklyn.
Queens sucks.
Yea, thats prolly true.
January 28, 2014 @ 07:09 PM
ICarter

Yes, most people are broke in NYC.

I make $60k/yr, but get destroyed on rent. I have no idea how homies live on <$30k/yr here.
I had to move back in with my folks 
January 28, 2014 @ 09:06 PM
kbos

I live in crown heights, got a washer, dryer, and dishwasher, a dope roof top that over looks manhattan, 20min train ride to manhattan, free parking out front so its easy as fuck to have a car on my block, a small room but plenty big for my queen sized bed and all my clothing and shoes, and I only pay 700 a month. 

Been in NYC and long island for 4 years now, and imo, its the most overrated place on the face of the earth and I am perplexed by how many young people are flocking here to live in shit conditions just so they can prove something to themselves and feel like theyre part of the city. Its cute and all to play big city, but don't waste your fucking time here unless youre really about making a name for yourself.
January 30, 2014 @ 03:55 AM
ManyHenny

Yes, most people are broke in NYC.

I make $60k/yr, but get destroyed on rent. I have no idea how homies live on <$30k/yr here.
I had to move back in with my folks 
I'll die before I move back in with my fam.
January 30, 2014 @ 04:07 AM
offensive-commenter

Timdot is over here thinking he's karl marx, talmbout owners and workers. This aint sociology class
He was right tho. What class you are determines everything you can do in your life and a lackluster definition of class aint gonna cut it.

Thanks for reading what I just wrote... and taking nothing from it.
lol that's because i didn't read your shit. now that i've read it, i just have to laugh at you. it was just a bunch of bullshit that was completely irrelevant to the discussion op was trying to create. no one was talking about wealth. 
nah its cool, stay laughing.
How much money you make does not determine what class you are.
"wow are you fucking retarded? of course it determines your class. seriously WTF?!?!?!? you some level 9000 hipster or some shit?"

Again, you failed to read my explanation and understand how much you make is not the only factor. I'm sorry but, you may be, actually retarded.
no seriously you're fucking retarded. you explained where the wealth goes. everyone knows this shit.  your bullshit is completely irrelevant to this topic and you are too stupid to realize that. you talk about how the working class GAINS WEALTH for the upper class which doesn't even make sense. the working class doesn't gain wealth for the upper class. they gain INCOME for them.

you can't gain wealth like you gain an income. you accumulate it dumbass.

there are clear lines that determine what class you are. the poverty line, tax brackets, etc. i completely understand what you're saying and it's pretty stupid. how much you make is the ONLY factor required to put you in a certain class. that's how tax brackets work. are you not up to that class in college? you keep talking about how it's "not the only factor." well guess what? you didn't even talk about these other imaginary factors. you failed to complete your thought. all you did was explain who gains wealth which is has no relevancy and is also incorrect since you don't gain it.

here's how i can prove that you're retarded. answer this question: is a person in the middle class if he/she earns 150k a year?

p.s: i noticed in your explanation you wrote "wealth/profit." you lost kid. wealth and profit are completely different things. yet, you used the forward slash to indicate that they are the same. you should look up what wealth is son. here's a hint: you were looking for the word INCOME.

Please login first to reply.