Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
January 4, 2014 @ 12:41 AM
Dethkiss

http://hypebeast.com/2014/1/nike-adidas-refuse-to-supply-independent-retailers-in-london

This is pretty a interesting shift. By moving away from boutique sales, and the idea of exclusivity (whether it was perceived or real), I think is going to damage what little reputation Nike had left with sneaker heads.

What do you think HB? 
January 4, 2014 @ 01:03 AM
PaydPal

Good. Fuck them elitist ass boutiques.  98% of the ones I've been to have dickheads for employees that think they are a fashion don when in reality they retail sale clothes for a living just like every other bum working at Ross,Foot Locker,Zoomies, ect. Shout out to TRUE SF though that's good peoples.

"Real people ain't perfect. Perfect people ain't real."

January 4, 2014 @ 01:15 AM
DaAlphaMale

suspended

Good. Fuck them elitist ass boutiques.  98% of the ones I've been to have dickheads for employees that think they are a fashion don when in reality they retail sale clothes for a living just like every other bum working at Ross,Foot Locker,Zoomies, ect. Shout out to TRUE SF though that's good peoples.
TRUTH

They always have this "I'm better than you and know more than you" attitude

That's why I just buy clothes online, I swear I wanna LITERALLY KILL one of those boutique employees soon as I see them 

www.extremeladyboys.com

January 4, 2014 @ 01:58 AM
Ruthless

So independent retailers like those tiny stores not named foot locker or champs that sell shoes? I've been to one in LA and they were chill 

Let me see those downvotes

January 4, 2014 @ 02:19 AM
AEIOU

i dont think 41000 is that much for a whole year, however i can imagine that it might cause trouble to small shops that sell just basic sportsgear and do not cater to "trendy" customers so much...

http://downtilimunderground.vsco.co

January 4, 2014 @ 02:39 AM
Lethal Interjection

Fuck money grubbing corporations. Its fucks up what they do to people who've worked their whole life to build a business. FUck it... im boycotting NIke. Ill only buy 1 shoe from them a year.

Sentimental at heart & forever - Jurtis Cackson

January 4, 2014 @ 05:09 AM
Vancouver

i like boutiques cause they got the uncommon shit but you're right the staff seem to be dickheads. boutiques usually have shit service and if you don't dress like them don't be surprised if they not talking to you first. almost seems like the people there just invite their friends over and circle jerk about their style when they can hardly afford the shit in the first place
January 4, 2014 @ 02:59 PM
bluetricky_

Here in NY, there's already been a large shift away from athletics chains in the "sneaker" community. Those of you who live here(and I guess those of you in LA, London might be able to relate) know that stores like Kith are becoming popular as traditional shoe stalwarts (Jordans, etc) are dying out. The result of this is that one of Nike/Adidas key target groups (the hypebeast/sneakerhead/hipswag communities) are staying away from the large retail chains deep in bed with Nike. This leads to sneaker/lifestyle blogs covering brands who's style-minded lines traditionally don't appear in FootLocker (talking NB/Asics here). Now we're seeing the rise of certain products only being found in special Nike stores/Adidas flagships, almost as if to try and move in on the independent retailers' stomping grounds. The example of the trainerendor and its incredibly suspect small supply only seems to support this.

tl;dr - Consumers aren't the only ones affected by hype. 
January 4, 2014 @ 03:28 PM
Hellah Fresh

I know a dude that be saying he cop a few multiple pairs of Jordans and keeps them "On Ice" ..!?!?!?! Who tf says that smh.
January 4, 2014 @ 04:13 PM
EERIE

Good all the independent stores do is sell their pairs to resellers. Fuck Em

Instagram - Bwmn // Resell is life

January 4, 2014 @ 04:16 PM
YoungRizal

Fuck ass boutiques! Good cuz I fuckin hate all these dudes sayin "my connects this my connects that" which is their boutiques 

FS - Supreme Nupste, WTAPS Parasmock ETC

January 4, 2014 @ 05:01 PM
حريق

"In london" 

Throwed Assassin.

Please login first to reply.