Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
December 20, 2013 @ 05:29 PM
AllWeEverWanted

Is it just me or have all the blogs that I used to love become stale or co-opted by Complex or some other media company? I woke up this morning to check out some of the blogs I used to love: HighSnobiety, Selectism, Streetetiquette, SlamXHype and they've become annoyingly the same, pushing the same pseudo-dope products, all with menus with some variation of "Art, Fashion, Technology, Lifestyle, Footwear, Design, StreetLife Media, Culture, Kulture, etc. Is it dunzo? All have the same navigation format or grid layout, all run variations on the same ads, all sacrifice content for page views? I love Monocle, but even their website/blog sucks, hella cluttered and annoying to navigate. Are we slowly witnessing the death of the blogs? Are there any blogs that you read faithfully for well-written content? I get my news from NPR or Huffington post and even this is becoming annoying. Fuck. I'm tired of blogs. Thoughts? 

PS. If I see the word "curate" again, I'm done. 
December 20, 2013 @ 05:42 PM
nat turner

fuck the corporation(s)...selling out

The death of the blog...possibly but that usually means something else will be emerging. I used to be a big fan of blogs as well. I'd check out HB, selectism, etc. but they all seem the same. I feel u OP

http://pureandgood.tumblr.com/ IG: thevictoryspeech

December 20, 2013 @ 05:43 PM
.jpg

Agreed. I used to check 2DopeBoyz religiously but know they just suck ass. I still check Hypebeast blogs though.

I used to check The Hundreds as well but im not feeling their new layout. These days I been more of a Tumblr guy though. Just gotta follow the right people.
December 20, 2013 @ 05:57 PM
YoungRizal

Back when nobody else was doing it obviously it was dope. But then now everybody is doing it. It's like reselling supreme. Back then you'd be able to resell anything hype to at least double, but since now everyone is reselling, MPs are flooded with same shit de-valuing resell prices down to even below retail. 

FS - Supreme Nupste, WTAPS Parasmock ETC

December 20, 2013 @ 06:22 PM
KTA

Back when nobody else was doing it obviously it was dope. But then now everybody is doing it. It's like reselling supreme. Back then you'd be able to resell anything hype to at least double, but since now everyone is reselling, MPs are flooded with same shit de-valuing resell prices down to even below retail. 
Weak analogy
December 20, 2013 @ 07:15 PM
DaPark

Complex owns that many blogs? 

hb weindis "No wonder drake makes love songs. Seeing all these 10's around toronto. damn. Just gained alot of dislike for my city."

December 20, 2013 @ 07:46 PM
AllWeEverWanted

Complex owns that many blogs? 
they own at least 15 blogs, including slamxhype, 2dopeboyz, alhiphop, selectism, sneakernews, thehoopdoctors, etc
December 20, 2013 @ 09:45 PM
YoungRizal

Weak analogy
"Simple example" a better term. No need to go deep

FS - Supreme Nupste, WTAPS Parasmock ETC

December 20, 2013 @ 10:16 PM
dmwalking

Nah, it's more like the end of actual creativity in the blogs we used to love.  Our favorite blogs used to be about digging up cool stuff and reporting on cool stuff to come, rumors and all that.   It was cool.  But now that big businesses see that these blogs are new wave magazines, and they can advertise, that's basically what we're getting.  Pages full of ads. No honest opinions.  No insight.  Just ads.   So it's not the end of blogs.  It's the opposite.  It's just the end of blogs as we knew them. 

guy on some broke bus. Love, Sosa. "Don't feed the trolls" initiative coming soon. We can rebuild.

December 20, 2013 @ 11:28 PM
Moises Arias

The comments on the main page alone makes visiting HB worth it

My name is ASAC Schrader, and you can go fuck yourself.

December 21, 2013 @ 01:08 AM
nat turner

Uniqueness is what makes a blog dope

Big Ghost Face blog still pops

http://pureandgood.tumblr.com/ IG: thevictoryspeech

December 21, 2013 @ 08:31 PM
AllWeEverWanted

Nah, it's more like the end of actual creativity in the blogs we used to love.  Our favorite blogs used to be about digging up cool stuff and reporting on cool stuff to come, rumors and all that.   It was cool.  But now that big businesses see that these blogs are new wave magazines, and they can advertise, that's basically what we're getting.  Pages full of ads. No honest opinions.  No insight.  Just ads.   So it's not the end of blogs.  It's the opposite.  It's just the end of blogs as we knew them. 
nice point. hopefully its also the beginning of rethinking the blog format. the most frustrating thing about reading shit online now is that you have all the columns full of other article links and ads that distract from the content. this is why i like reading the posts on hb because there are no ads on the sides of threads. 
December 22, 2013 @ 06:34 AM
CaptainMurphy

Agreed. I used to check 2DopeBoyz religiously but know they just suck ass. I still check Hypebeast blogs though.

I used to check The Hundreds as well but im not feeling their new layout. These days I been more of a Tumblr guy though. Just gotta follow the right people.
Can you list some? Its hard to find good tumblr blogs and not people who spam memes and shit.
December 22, 2013 @ 07:45 AM
birdyman18

That's why we've stuck to being just about streetwear and skewed more towards the up and coming brands that deserve attention

www.swagsyndicate.com

Check out swagsyndicate.com for all your streetwear news needs.

Please login first to reply.