Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
December 2, 2013 @ 01:26 AM
nat turner

Tech fabrics. Honestly, after wearing nothing but Dri-fit and Sphere for the past few weeks, I don't think I can go back to anything else.. Even if I wear an oxford or flannel I make sure to wear a tech layer as a base. This shit is the future.
im not exactly sure what this is but it sounds good

http://pureandgood.tumblr.com/ IG: thevictoryspeech

December 2, 2013 @ 01:50 AM
99%Shit

Tech fabrics. Honestly, after wearing nothing but Dri-fit and Sphere for the past few weeks, I don't think I can go back to anything else.. Even if I wear an oxford or flannel I make sure to wear a tech layer as a base. This shit is the future.
Basically anything that keeps you dry, warm, cool. All sportswear brands have patented fabrics. I find Nike to have the most options. However I wear LightningDry(NB) and ClimaCool(Adidas) too.

And fuck outta hear with that Acronym shit, I said tech fabrics, not tech apparel. Strictly NSW/Combat and Gore-Tex Arc'teryx/TNF. 

narsha.narsha.narsha

December 2, 2013 @ 01:51 AM
ThaGoldenBoy

I'm bringing back Polo hats
December 2, 2013 @ 01:56 AM
mackness

Basically anything that keeps you dry, warm, cool. All sportswear brands have patented fabrics. I find Nike to have the most options. However I wear LightningDry(NB) and ClimaCool(Adidas) too.

And fuck outta hear with that Acronym shit, I said tech fabrics, not tech apparel. Strictly NSW/Combat and Gore-Tex Arc'teryx/TNF. 
Acronym uses tech fabrics lol............

http://jnmcknss.tumblr.com/

December 2, 2013 @ 02:47 AM
nat turner

they still poppin in Chicago and ATL

December 2, 2013 @ 03:24 AM
99%Shit

Yes, but it has a stupid markup because it presents itself as a 'Technical Apparel' brand. I can guarantee you that a $500 Arc'teryx jacket will perform better on a 'technical' level than a $1200 Acronym jacket. Arc has a lifetime guarantee too. MEC, Marmot, H/H,  TNF all have better offerings than Acronym for both performance and price. No one's scaling a mountain rocking Acronym. No one's running a marathon in Acronym. It's strictly a hypebeast/rich person thing.

Although, I do see the fact that brands like Acronym exist reinforcing my prediction of tech fabrics becoming the BIG trend. Techs-tiles will be to the 2000s as denim was to the 1900s. 

narsha.narsha.narsha

December 2, 2013 @ 03:25 AM
ThaGoldenBoy

they still poppin in Chicago and ATL
Ah sad
December 2, 2013 @ 04:06 AM
AmericanLegend

1- Some already do. Japanese and some avant gardiste. So, i'd say in less than 5 years.
I agree with this. But in a more fashionable way. Not that shitty rapper ghetto way.

2-They already do.

3- We are wearing what people were wearing in the 70s 80s . (slim tapered pants, vans, converse, nikes, army shit etc...)
maybe in algeria they wore army shit in the 70's and 80's, most likely due to turmoil cus yal islamic and what not

but on this side of the world they dressed nothing like slim tapered pants in the 70s actually the exact opposite lmao all the collars on the shirts in the 70s where oversized af , the 70s and 80s were actually shit time in general fashion around the world imo, the 80s had big poofy hair colorful n tacky shit, not bad decades i jus think they dressed bad  , 80s actually seemed kinda cool by what charlie murphy be sayin
What you're failing to realize is subcultures though. Not everyone in the 70s had oversized collars. Not everyone in the 80s had big hair and colorful shit. Punks would not be caught dead in that shit tbh. From what my parents have said it wasn't like how it was in movies in terms of that stereotypical 70s and 80s fashion
thanks bruh.

"not everyone", not everyone but most people my dude which means... it was mostly shit
idk what ur parents said or where their from, but from photo evidence. they dressed roughly how i said 
i was obviously generalizing, thinking in terms of if u went back and time and just looked at how people were dressed on the street
sure there was subcultures
but even they still looked like ass 

taste the glamour

December 2, 2013 @ 04:29 AM
Vancouver

Yes, but it has a stupid markup because it presents itself as a 'Technical Apparel' brand. I can guarantee you that a $500 Arc'teryx jacket will perform better on a 'technical' level than a $1200 Acronym jacket. Arc has a lifetime guarantee too. MEC, Marmot, H/H,  TNF all have better offerings than Acronym for both performance and price. No one's scaling a mountain rocking Acronym. No one's running a marathon in Acronym. It's strictly a hypebeast/rich person thing.

Although, I do see the fact that brands like Acronym exist reinforcing my prediction of tech fabrics becoming the BIG trend. Techs-tiles will be to the 2000s as denim was to the 1900s. 
Tech clothing is still a long ways from becoming a mainstream thing in terms of fashion. People will wear it in cities that rain a lot (like where I'm from), but not necessarily from a fashion standpoint, more so because of functionality.

In fact we might think that the future would have us wearing "tech" clothing but who knows. They probably thought that in the 1950s and and 65 years later we still have people trying to dress classic Americana, 70s backpacker or 90s neo grunge. In 1950 I doubt anyone was tryna dress like some indian or pilgrim. 

Until cities have tons of "futuristic" buildings I doubt dressing full on tech gear will become a trend, especially in a city like Los Angeles for example. A huge factor in fashion is environment. So unless buildings start looking like the Jetson's all over the place, changes won't be that drastic. 

Let's look at Google glass. If more people were able to get their hands on one and they weren't so expensive similar to how most people in first world countries have smartphones, I doubt many people would be wearing that around thinking it's fashionable. Right now they might since it's very expensive and exclusive.

I think we are a ways from this becoming mainstream:

AT LEAST 30 years IMO... in fact it might never become like that. 30 years maybe to develop it as a "subculture" and have select few people dress like that and it not be completely weird 
December 2, 2013 @ 04:33 AM
Tathens

overalls are definitely making the cum baCK

MY BRAND: http://desperotica.com ✿) http://www.tathens.tumblr.com

December 2, 2013 @ 04:48 AM
mackness

I don't think he meant like tech gear like that, more so like technical fabrics. Fashion textile technology not like electronic/computer technology. 

http://jnmcknss.tumblr.com/

December 2, 2013 @ 08:26 AM
nat turner

overalls are definitely making the cum baCK
down vote for saying cum

December 6, 2013 @ 12:42 PM
mista2000

December 6, 2013 @ 06:29 PM
theycallmeblack

Clothes that are more environmentally friendly.

Think Flyknits clothing. Less waste.
January 8, 2014 @ 01:58 PM
nat turner

I think clothes are gonna be more comfy than ever

January 8, 2014 @ 01:59 PM
dmwalking

I'm predicting Kanye butt plugs

guy on some broke bus. Love, Sosa. "Don't feed the trolls" initiative coming soon. We can rebuild.

January 8, 2014 @ 06:18 PM
shephurd

I don't think he meant like tech gear like that, more so like technical fabrics. Fashion textile technology not like electronic/computer technology. 
do you even taped seams?

Please login first to reply.