Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
February 4, 2014 @ 02:48 AM
Jegz

You dont want to catch a falling knife though. Why would you invest when the market is dropping lol. If anything, if you feel very bear-ish, start shorting and when the market uptrends and your indicators are proven, start buying.
Of course I'd want to invest when it's dropping, it's just the matter of right timing.
Then you're wording it wrong. You are not investing, you are trading. And you never go long when any security is dropping and hoping it will rise. Thats just amateur.

And if were talking investing, then you dont just invest because of its price going up and down. You didn't even take the financials into account. Or how is the current CEO doing? Industry sector? If you're confident in what you invest in, the "dropping" in prices will not affect you because your proper valuation of ABC company in X amount of years will be worth more than how it is currently.
February 4, 2014 @ 03:53 AM
origins

You dont want to catch a falling knife though. Why would you invest when the market is dropping lol. If anything, if you feel very bear-ish, start shorting and when the market uptrends and your indicators are proven, start buying.
Of course I'd want to invest when it's dropping, it's just the matter of right timing.
Then you're wording it wrong. You are not investing, you are trading. And you never go long when any security is dropping and hoping it will rise. Thats just amateur.

And if were talking investing, then you dont just invest because of its price going up and down. You didn't even take the financials into account. Or how is the current CEO doing? Industry sector? If you're confident in what you invest in, the "dropping" in prices will not affect you because your proper valuation of ABC company in X amount of years will be worth more than how it is currently.
Trading to buy into a company is investing. I always take financials into account, whether it be quarterly earnings, EPS, future products, growth, etc. Not to mention, I got into depth and study the movement of the stock, and make sure I buy it at the lowest I think it'll go. It's the best time to buy into stocks long-term, it's also the best time to buy into OTCs (marijuana) short-term.

Do you even know why the market is dropping? It's mostly due to panicked traders. Of course you can put the economic crisis/emerging markets like China into account, or even Europe, India, etc. Another reason it's going down is due to the Fed tapering (now only putting 65B into bonds v 75B ea. month). Like I said, if you don't take this opportunity to invest into a company that is financially stable and has high yields, but is dropping due to these reasons, you're a complete moron. I appreciate the input, even though it was completely fruitless.

http://getsupreme.bigcartel.com/ http://hypebeast.com/forums/sneakers/219553 - FBTs SZ 10

February 4, 2014 @ 04:04 AM
AD

How do I invest brehs

Immitation is suicide

February 4, 2014 @ 05:43 AM
ManyHenny

I have absolutely no idea why anyone would invest in PacSun and the stock price is an accurate reflection of that.

A quick run-through of their recent filings raises a bunch of red flags (e.g. fluctuating quarterly results, etc.). Don't invest just because you personally shop at the company itself. Hype =/= investing success.

**I'm assuming that most of you are just taking advantage of slight price increases and not really long-term investing (e.g. holding a stock for +2 months, at least). Correct me if I'm wrong. I just personally think it's a lot more interesting to read about companies (again, quarterly filings, 10Ks, etc.), learn about their management teams, and then do your own analysis with some cross-comparison to ER reports.

There are a lot of "boring" companies out there that are great to invest in because they produce consistent results.
February 5, 2014 @ 08:49 PM
cake.

can someone explain purchasing a "limit order" 
February 6, 2014 @ 12:00 AM
Homes

Trading to buy into a company is investing. I always take financials into account, whether it be quarterly earnings, EPS, future products, growth, etc. Not to mention, I got into depth and study the movement of the stock, and make sure I buy it at the lowest I think it'll go. It's the best time to buy into stocks long-term, it's also the best time to buy into OTCs (marijuana) short-term.

Do you even know why the market is dropping? It's mostly due to panicked traders. Of course you can put the economic crisis/emerging markets like China into account, or even Europe, India, etc. Another reason it's going down is due to the Fed tapering (now only putting 65B into bonds v 75B ea. month). Like I said, if you don't take this opportunity to invest into a company that is financially stable and has high yields, but is dropping due to these reasons, you're a complete moron. I appreciate the input, even though it was completely fruitless.
Trading, which is what you are doing, is not investing: http://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/12/difference-investing-trading.asp

Do YOU know why the market is dropping? What are traders panicked about?

If you understand tapering, you would understand that at this point in time, it is most likely that the Fed is only going to continue ramping up tapering (ie, reducing the amount of bonds they purchase each month at an increasingly drastic rate). So why then would you be buying into a falling stock NOW? If you thought tapering was a factor in the falling market, you would know that it will only get worse and that prices will continue to fall. So why aren't you waiting until they fall further to buy in?

I'm going to try to say this without coming off as an asshole, because I know you're not going to take my advice if I belittle you. So I'm honestly saying, no offense meant, that you should study up before you call other people morons for not wanting to "invest" in a falling OTC marijuana stock. I'm guessing that you just started trading in the last few years (during the greatest bull run in history). Markets are not always so forgiving. Try reading some Benjamin Graham, read Bill Gross' blog posts/reports, follow economic news (jobs reports, ISM reports, etc), and in my humble opinion, stay far away from technical analysis until you have a strong handle on fundamental analysis. Idk if you're in college but if you are, check out a Bloomberg terminal if you guys have one.
February 6, 2014 @ 12:00 AM
Homes

can someone explain purchasing a "limit order" 
http://www.investopedia.com/search/default.aspx?q=limit%20order

Investopedia is a dope resource for learning a lot of the terminology and basic functions of the markets.
February 6, 2014 @ 12:23 AM
origins

Trading, which is what you are doing, is not investing: http://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/12/difference-investing-trading.asp

Do YOU know why the market is dropping? What are traders panicked about?

If you understand tapering, you would understand that at this point in time, it is most likely that the Fed is only going to continue ramping up tapering (ie, reducing the amount of bonds they purchase each month at an increasingly drastic rate). So why then would you be buying into a falling stock NOW? If you thought tapering was a factor in the falling market, you would know that it will only get worse and that prices will continue to fall. So why aren't you waiting until they fall further to buy in?

I'm going to try to say this without coming off as an asshole, because I know you're not going to take my advice if I belittle you. So I'm honestly saying, no offense meant, that you should study up before you call other people morons for not wanting to "invest" in a falling OTC marijuana stock. I'm guessing that you just started trading in the last few years (during the greatest bull run in history). Markets are not always so forgiving. Try reading some Benjamin Graham, read Bill Gross' blog posts/reports, follow economic news (jobs reports, ISM reports, etc), and in my humble opinion, stay far away from technical analysis until you have a strong handle on fundamental analysis. Idk if you're in college but if you are, check out a Bloomberg terminal if you guys have one.
I understand stocks will continue to drop in the coming months, but some are handling the "crash" fine, so it all depends on what stock I'd like to buy. There will be times they go up (based on analysts, news coverage, etc.) and obviously times it will drop. There's no telling when it will settle. For example, WFM is a stock I've invested in. It's been at a steady 52-53 for the past month. I know I've got a lot to learn, I started investing last December and continue to learn everyday. I appreciate the advise, I'm currently in college and can't wait to learn more.

I wouldn't say the Fed taper is the only factor either... China, Europe, India are having the same issue. China especially is experiencing trouble economically (consumers aren't spending enough) and obviously it's effecting us and other countries, seeing as their the top exporter.

http://getsupreme.bigcartel.com/ http://hypebeast.com/forums/sneakers/219553 - FBTs SZ 10

February 26, 2014 @ 03:54 PM
Black Samurai

Hearing about TTDZ as a potential pump and dump, they did some shady moves and fronted 75million shares to and overseas account for 3 million cash. But inside partners can't sell until it hits at least $1 shit is trading below a penny right now let me know what you think.

Don't Shoot Pimpin'

February 26, 2014 @ 04:20 PM
Bluetooth

February 26, 2014 @ 04:32 PM
origins

Hearing about TTDZ as a potential pump and dump, they did some shady moves and fronted 75million shares to and overseas account for 3 million cash. But inside partners can't sell until it hits at least $1 shit is trading below a penny right now let me know what you think.
I'd move on it, all penny stocks are sketchy and rely on "pump and dumps". It's just that you need know the best buying opportunity and when to sell or else you'll burn. It also looks like TTDZ is in the news a lot, which is good. I've been riding MDBX for a while now, it just got some news at 9am and it's up nearly 10%... All OTCs are based off hype (news) and volume.

February 26, 2014 @ 05:44 PM
mackness

Origins how much have you made off of stocks as of right now? How much do you realistically want to/think you will make?

"mack you get a pass for wearing female pants i aint even gonna ether you anymore" Powercum http://jnmcknss.tumblr.com/

February 26, 2014 @ 06:25 PM
Gauntlet

I got a penny stock tip for y'all: SGLB

Developing an automated quality control system for high precision 3-d printed metal parts. Backed by boeing, GE aviation, and Honeywell; huge potential market. Has not yet commercialized their product; still in beta testing. Backing by industry leaders as well as a couple private placements indicates confidence in their product. Solid financials, solid management, enough cash on hand to continue operations well through 2014. Commercialization expected by the end of 2014.

That said, this is a penny stock. Definitely not for the risk averse. I'm holding for the long term, thinking they'll get bought out upon succesful commercializtion.

DISCLAIMER: I hold a long position

//FS//: S/S '12 Supreme x TNF black jacket in L. Camel Camp Cap in khaki. Sz 10 Supreme x Nike SB Dunk Low. PM me

February 26, 2014 @ 06:30 PM
Black Samurai

Triton Reached Agreement for Takeover

TIBURON, CA--(Marketwired - Jan 23, 2014) - Triton Distribution

Systems, Inc. (OTC Pink: TTDZ), announced today that it has reached an

agreement with a group of investors from Los Angeles, California headed

by Mr. David Osegueda, a previously successful business

man. The group is forming a new California Company that will assume the

submitted letter of intent to Triton, and the commitment to purchase

the Triton shell.

Mr. Osegueda and his investors group, will invest an initial $65,000 in Triton in return for the following:

a) The Triton Shell.

b) 450,000,000 shares of Triton.

c) 4,062,500 Shares of Privileged World Travel Club, Inc. (PVCL), priced at $1 a share, and disbursed to all the Triton shareholders as a dividend.

Triton shall file the 3rd quarter 2013 (Ending September 30,

2013) financial reports next week, reflecting all the details of the

takeover agreement by Mr. Osegueda and his investors group and bring

Triton current on the OTC Markets website.

Additionally Triton will allocate in reserve 740,000,000

shares priced at $0.00405 per share for an additional investment of $3

Million that will be invested in Triton, by an offshore investor for

Operating Capital.

It is mutually agreed by Mr. Osegueda and his investors group and the management of Triton that the final, Closing Date of the takeover by the new California Company will be at the end of January 2014.
http://ih.advfn.com/p.php?pid=nmona&article=60769620

Don't Shoot Pimpin'

February 28, 2014 @ 04:42 AM
deltron

gordon gekko fam we eatin'
March 1, 2014 @ 01:28 AM
estoybien

ITT: people trying to appear intelligent
May 17, 2014 @ 03:02 AM
DOUBLECUP

bump

fam I need you to help me turn 5k into 15k

What are some good resources to use/ learn from?

प्रधानसेनापति :{ ─╤╦︻ 父

May 17, 2014 @ 03:13 AM
chadd

this thread post "Wolf of wall street" is going to be useless. 
May 18, 2014 @ 08:03 AM
mrh

bump

fam I need you to help me turn 5k into 15k

What are some good resources to use/ learn from?
find a friend who has an internship or job in an investment firm and just ask about their portfolios.  the place i work at has a few differently scaled ones for those just trying to put a smaller amount into stocks

Please login first to reply.