300+ New Sale Items (Up to 80% Off Selected Brands)
November 20, 2013 @ 05:56 AM
POPALONG//CASSIDY

buying bit coin is not investing, it's speculating. good for you if you make a lot of money off it but at this point buying bit coin is no different than gambling.
i was on reddit a while back and some guy took out like a 300,000 dollar loan and invested it all into bitcoin. They clowned bruh sooooo damn hard....

Websites at your price aodevelopment.co HMU

November 20, 2013 @ 06:28 AM
SonOfRise

buying bit coin is not investing, it's speculating. good for you if you make a lot of money off it but at this point buying bit coin is no different than gambling.
i was on reddit a while back and some guy took out like a 300,000 dollar loan and invested it all into bitcoin. They clowned bruh sooooo damn hard....
Not everything you read on the internet is true.

Zooey Deschanel is waifu

November 20, 2013 @ 02:52 PM
ACTiON FUNKENSTEiN

I'd rather invest in precious metals. Gold, silver, copper, etc.
November 20, 2013 @ 03:55 PM
REVS

I'd rather invest in precious metals. Gold, silver, copper, etc.
Believe it or not they're comparing Bitcoin to gold, silver, etc. Gold has a very small amount of utility, besides from jewelry and some other minor use but that's about it. Bitcoin has similar traits, it's not really used day to day, it lacks intrinsic value. But I think from a long-term standpoint investing in precious metals would be a little smarter. 

I prefer carcinogens to endorphins.

November 20, 2013 @ 05:01 PM
ACTiON FUNKENSTEiN

Word. Silver collecting can be free, but at a slow rate. Go to the bank and ask for a few hundred dollars worth of half dollars, quarters and dimes. Pick out all the 90% silver coins and deposit the rest back into your bank account.
November 21, 2013 @ 02:19 AM
REVS

The value has been on the rise today. 

November 21, 2013 @ 04:52 AM
yungshr0om91

yea we cyber trappin outchea niggaz what yall kno bout gettin dat e-work
November 21, 2013 @ 05:05 AM
chaobro

Jesus guys. Forget about any intelligent discussion about BitCoin if you are in it to make a quick buck, you can play the risk, but to me the price of one bitcoin is largely floating artificially. Economists are all over the place on it, at the very least its a highly speculative mode of currency right now. When the first "boom" ~200/300 happened earlier this year people were freaking out. The amount of speculation/people entering the market sufficiently increased and the price continued to grow. Someone doing some analysis came up with a graph showing an almost linear growth in bitcoin price related to twitter talk about bitcoin. Does not link or determine any causation but quite interesting.

There's a newer bitcoin econometrics site out there, if you can even call it that..check it out if you want, forgot the url. Got some funny data.
My bud goes to Princeton, and had Chris Sims the dude who won a Nobel Prize in Economics in his class literally scoffing at Bitcoin. I disagree with the attitude he has towards it, as I believe there is value given by users to an extent, but as an investment...a bubble will probably burst.There's been much more mainstream media attention, and some people are arguing its intrinsic value, etc. Either way its due for some sort of correction, eventually. This shit can't keep going up forever as sad as that is.
November 21, 2013 @ 08:03 PM
AGUA

Bought a share early yesterday after watching it dip back down for about 520.58, just sold it about an hour ago at about 700. I ain't mad. 
November 21, 2013 @ 08:15 PM
Pantic

Imagine if you had copped bitcoins for 300,000 like 4 years ago tho.... God damn why did i sleep on this shit back when silk road was open
November 21, 2013 @ 08:56 PM
daytona squared

i remember when bitcoins were like 10 bucks lmaooooo

rip subprime

November 22, 2013 @ 10:44 PM
REVS

Anyone read about the university that will begin to accept tuition in Bitcoin? 

November 23, 2013 @ 12:04 AM
Vancouver

yup bitcoin makin moves

now accepted by an airline and a private space shuttle service. also named a legal tender in germany. atms slowly poppin up around the world. if 1 could open in every major city it would be HUGE. china is doing something like 60% of all bitcoin transactions yet its not even THAT big over there yet. Shanghai which is basically china's business hub has like 1 store accepting bitcoin. there is ridiculous potential.

that same uni offering a masters in digital currency starting march 2014... I bet the "professor" will be as knowledgeable as many of the students tho.

bitcoin in a relatively short period of time will be worth A LOT assuming government or the mass of speculators dont fuck things up.

china announces it will stop stockpiling US dollars, some russians are want to "outlaw" us dollars labeling it a ponzi scheme. bitcoin is on tha inevitable rise and the US is behind on that shit. this is real fucking exciting shit. 

imagine more big players like starbucks getting in on bitcoin. all those hipsters for sure be all over it. if someone like ebay, paypal, or Google get in on it too... got dam if only I had more money to get some BTC. poor as fuk aint got shit to spare really.

ill be using bitcoin for purchasing food tho. load it up at the atm where I live and then go buy. no real money loss but ill be promoting bitcoin use. if a place dont accept it ill ask anyways, plant a seed. 
November 23, 2013 @ 03:15 AM
beenyce

yeah a university is Cyprus, the same country that helped fuel the price jump back in april.

Also did you see you can pay for a trip to space on Virgin Galatic with bitcoin?

http://www.theverge.com/2013/11/22/5133362/richard-branson-endorses-bitcoin-says-virgin-galactic-will-accept-the
November 23, 2013 @ 07:56 AM
jamesjebbia

we should've all invested when we had that deep web thread
November 23, 2013 @ 03:40 PM
REVS

This shit is about to break $900 a share later today again. 

November 23, 2013 @ 05:26 PM
origins

http://www.forbes.com/sites/karlwhelan/2013/11/19/how-is-bitcoin-different-from-the-dollar/

It'll be very unlikely to see bitcoin last, as most "virtual currencies" always fall, since they are not protected nor represent anything if you really think about it.
November 23, 2013 @ 07:34 PM
Vancouver

http://www.forbes.com/sites/karlwhelan/2013/11/19/how-is-bitcoin-different-from-the-dollar/

It'll be very unlikely to see bitcoin last, as most "virtual currencies" always fall, since they are not protected nor represent anything if you really think about it.
except all other "virtual currencies" were centralized... 

bitcoin is a technological advancement. its a new communication protocol. of course it will fall one day just like how records and walkmans did as technology progresses. 

all the naysayers will be wishing they didnt miss out on this opportunity a year from now. what do you have to lose? $800 (assuming you buy 1 full coin today)? what do you potentially have to gain? some go as far as saying 100 000 - 1 000 000 and mathematically it's really not that ridiculous to say assuming bitcoin can be adopted by 1-10% of the world.

New innovations are picked up relatively quickly. Take the iPhone for example... now runs 40-50% of all US smartphones since 2006. Bitcoin is JUST starting to get really picked up the mainstream masses. there is so much room for growth I find it silly when people just shut it out. 
November 23, 2013 @ 08:13 PM
flu

Too bad I didn't know about this a while ago. Just learned about bitcoins and the deep web this year from a friend, but damn I have to agree with @Vancouver I think bitcoin can become a new international currency that rivals US dollars.

WTB: Supreme Quilted Satin Bomber Sz: Med.

November 23, 2013 @ 08:49 PM
beenyce

basically bitcoin lead me to do my own research on the US monetary policy...once you realize how fucked up it is..bitcoin really looks like a viable alternative 
November 24, 2013 @ 01:43 AM
street lights

damn, im investing, idc what the naysayers say b, from 10 to 900, thats no joke. from the outside looking in, as i know pretty much nothing bout this, this shit sounds tight.

whoever down voting my shit is a fucking faggot that's jealous of everything about my life- Ronn_eL

November 24, 2013 @ 03:03 AM
ThaGoldenBoy

Read this and other things about Bitcoin though guys.

http://bitcoin.org/en/you-need-to-know

Get informed, seems worth it tbh
November 24, 2013 @ 03:16 AM
Regality

Every bubble has to pop sooner or later. 
November 24, 2013 @ 03:18 AM
deadpooL

I bought $200 worth of bitcoins back in 2009. 
November 24, 2013 @ 03:18 AM
Regality

I bought $200 worth of bitcoins back in 2009. 
Did you cash in yet or are you still waiting?
November 24, 2013 @ 06:06 AM
CaptainMurphy

basically bitcoin lead me to do my own research on the US monetary policy...once you realize how fucked up it is..bitcoin really looks like a viable alternative 
Elaborate...Actually interested but, if you start going into some type of conspiracy route Im just going to stop reading
November 24, 2013 @ 06:51 AM
beenyce

Elaborate...Actually interested but, if you start going into some type of conspiracy route Im just going to stop reading
lol no conspiracy stuff here. Just look up:

Fiat Currensy
Quantitative Easing
Fractional Reserve Banking
Why/How we left the gold standard

heres a nice video that explains alot although I dont agree with it 100%

:

edit: lol at my spelling of "currensy"...shows what im constantly listening to 
November 27, 2013 @ 05:41 PM
supremeNJ

Damn, bitcoin about to break $1000.
November 27, 2013 @ 09:53 PM
POPALONG//CASSIDY

so had every broke nigga in this thread put like 100 in when this thread first got started....how much would we have made as of now? a lot..but like....how much?

Websites at your price aodevelopment.co HMU

November 27, 2013 @ 11:13 PM
REVS

It would really all matter when you invested. If you were to invest 100 dollars when the price per Bitcoin was about 15 dollars, (and selling it now at around 1k) you're looking at making around 6k all together. 

The real lucky individuals who bought up a shit load of stock during the market crashing due to servers being hacked a few years ago, those are the people who are making a shit load, at one point Bitcoins were only worth pennies.

Please login first to reply.