Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
November 19, 2013 @ 04:02 AM
artclassthegoat

I say no...

super Nintendo to 64 yes!!!! ps to ps2 yes!!!! gamecube to wii yess!!!!
November 19, 2013 @ 04:07 AM
Chrsangl Asianstlyelol

Speed of our technology growth will eventually decay.

The jump from ps2 to ps3 was so significant because consoles were upgraded from dvd to blu ray.

Next gen consoles still use blu ray. The only upgrade we are getting is a better graphics card and ram.
November 19, 2013 @ 04:16 AM
Based Boy

The jump from ps2 to ps3 was so significant because consoles were upgraded from dvd to blu ray.

Next gen consoles still use blu ray. The only upgrade we are getting is a better graphics card and ram.
actually the rate technology advances is exponential. it will just keep on getting more and more advanced.

-Caterpillar
November 19, 2013 @ 04:47 AM
Ruthless

actually the rate technology advances is exponential. it will just keep on getting more and more advanced.

-Caterpillar
even exponential growth decays in value at a certain point. Dudes right.. the jump from standard to high def was huge but ps3 to ps4 isnt much since theyre both just HD.. Tech is alot better & we'll see it in the games but it wont be lifelike yet just a fair amount better than what the ps3 & 360 can do

Let me see those downvotes

November 19, 2013 @ 04:16 PM
Mr_Chukes

Actually the ps4 is quite powerful compared to the ps3. Which is why they are able to do more in games for example you can destory everything is battlefield even buildings. We will start to see a graphic increase plus a definition boost when 4k TVs are highly adopted.
November 19, 2013 @ 04:56 PM
Bad News

I would only buy a ps4 if there is a game that i REALLY wanted to play. Other then that ill pass for now. Main reason for me buying my xbox360 then to a ps3 was only because of GTA 4, GTA V ps3.

WWW.BADNEWSCO.COM - TWITTER / INSTAGRAM / FACEABOOK / TUMBLR: @BadNewsCompany

November 19, 2013 @ 05:00 PM
(G)TRAP

suspended

I say no...

super Nintendo to 64 yes!!!! ps to ps2 yes!!!! gamecube to wii yess!!!!
gamecube to wii ??

wii sucks
November 19, 2013 @ 05:23 PM
backlikethat

who gives a shit a nigga like me always gotta have the newest shit out cool
November 19, 2013 @ 05:52 PM
SHARKlN

who gives a shit a nigga like me always gotta have the newest shit out 
pics of mac pro with 4k display or ducktales 
November 19, 2013 @ 05:53 PM
Tony Montana

The jump is not going to be visible straight away. Compare games from the beginning of the generation to the games towards the end of the generation. The developers need to learn how to take advantage of the new tech.

For example the difference between oblivion and skyrim. 

"im a very deep minded person" - Tracy Jackson

November 19, 2013 @ 06:10 PM
laserdis

^ yea and The Last of Us and GTAV. that shit pushes the ps3 to its limit

last of us is glitchy at points and gta wont load like signs and shit
November 19, 2013 @ 06:37 PM
NZOO

It boils down to functionality and software each console is offering. Ps3 was slow to navigate and felt belta compared to how smooth ps4 runs.

Don't badmind me.

November 19, 2013 @ 06:41 PM
Pig

Games this generation will be 100x better when developers have gotten used to the new shit. The PS3/Xbox had 512mb of ram which significantly slowed down game development as a whole because developers have to make games based on shitty hardware.  The PS4 has 8gb of ram so games will hopefully be bigger this generation

real talk all I care about is kingdom hearts 3 cool
November 19, 2013 @ 11:23 PM
BobaTeaFett

What you'll see is an improvement in texture algorithms, dynamic lighting and other detail options available to PC that are now making it's way to consoles because of the x86 architecture. As far as battlefield 4 and destroying entire buildings are concerned thats nothing more than a simple physics engine that is also handled a lot easier through basic coding borrowed from the PC generations battlefield. 

This generations consoles seems to be aimed solely at those looking to get the "cloud" experience with their games and media as well as providing closer graphical comparisons to PC type games. 
November 20, 2013 @ 01:14 AM
dagreezyman

launch games never look good compared to shit later on, just look back at the first released games for ps3/360 shit is just ugly
November 20, 2013 @ 01:54 AM
Ruthless

Basically what I'm saying is big budget ps4 exclusives will look way better than big budget Xbox one exclusives 

If you a graphics whore ps4 is the better long term investment

xbox still gonna have the deeper social experience but not by much this gen, Sony stepped their social gaming shit up on ps4

Let me see those downvotes

November 20, 2013 @ 02:29 AM
laserdis

cant wait for MGS5 thoo

November 20, 2013 @ 02:52 AM
dellzz

people are just stupid. they'll buy anything hype
November 20, 2013 @ 09:45 AM
artclassthegoat

ps1

vs

ps2

like we went from the stone age 2bit stationary to 3d people with clothes and shoes and all that!!!

I have the same view on iphones....is the 5 really impressive when you look at the previous versions as a collective whole??? more ram and memory are great but comparatively speaking is a house with a bigger closet a break thru in architecture?  
November 20, 2013 @ 09:47 AM
artclassthegoat

who gives a shit a nigga like me always gotta have the newest shit out 

^^^^hypebeast!!!!!^^^^^^^ lol
November 20, 2013 @ 06:13 PM
sado

November 20, 2013 @ 06:23 PM
sado

November 20, 2013 @ 06:25 PM
(G)TRAP

suspended

ps1

vs

ps2

like we went from the stone age 2bit stationary to 3d people with clothes and shoes and all that!!!

I have the same view on iphones....is the 5 really impressive when you look at the previous versions as a collective whole??? more ram and memory are great but comparatively speaking is a house with a bigger closet a break thru in architecture?  
lol you dumb nigga this have nothing to do with the ps2 and ps1 just the game gta
November 20, 2013 @ 08:54 PM
artclassthegoat

ps1

vs

ps2

lol you dumb nigga this have nothing to do with the ps2 and ps1 just the game gta
cmon fam stop looking up ass and see the ps1 and ps2 tags under the pics!!!!!
November 20, 2013 @ 09:06 PM
Vancouver

I can see a pretty big change. You can't really compare a jump like say NES to N64 because video gaming was just getting out of its infancy. Right now it's a young adult and changes aren't going to be as easily visible but they are definitely there. I'm sure in person they are much more noticeable as well. Look at NBA 2k14, the differences are pretty big. Also check out a PS3, 360, Wii U, PS4 and X1 Assasins Creed Black Flag comparison video. You can see many noticeable changes. 
November 20, 2013 @ 10:39 PM
Bishop Don SpacePimp

The jump is not going to be visible straight away. Compare games from the beginning of the generation to the games towards the end of the generation. The developers need to learn how to take advantage of the new tech.

For example the difference between oblivion and skyrim. 
Best answer so far and justifies why I'm fine with my PS3 till I see this type of improvement.

I've been known to invoke......FEELINGS. #NoPromo #NoFearGang #AntiMuffinMovement

November 21, 2013 @ 02:44 AM
99%Shit

ps1

vs

ps2

Aren't these both images from the PC versions? I think GTA2 was daytime only on PSX and there was no free aim in GTAIII on PS2(from what I remember).

narsha.narsha.narsha

November 21, 2013 @ 03:25 AM
Fonze

ps1

vs

ps2

Aren't these both images from the PC versions? I think GTA2 was daytime only on PSX and there was no free aim in GTAIII on PS2(from what I remember).
Certain guns had free aim.
November 21, 2013 @ 03:39 AM
Glo'bito

the end of the generation is when you start seeing the graphics maxed out like The Last of Us and Bioshock Infinite for example. this just the start of the next gen, delevopers are just starting to get used to the hardware so that's why Assassins Creed and Battlefield still look similar to the last gen (ps3, 360). Killzone SF def looks next gen tho and that's just the start.

"Yo bitch probably think I'm cute"

November 21, 2013 @ 11:26 AM
daytona squared

i think what we can all learn here is pc gaming>whatever gay console 

consoles are cool for little kids who cant install cpu's without bending pins or playing sports games on the tv but thats about it

shit is just dumbed down n cheap

i never understood why people were content with buying something they can only upgrade every 6+ yrs lmaoooo 

rip subprime

Please login first to reply.