300+ New Sale Items (Up to 80% Off Selected Brands)
November 19, 2013 @ 01:00 AM
jaded

I'm 25 years old and I have no fucking idea what I want to do for a career. It sucks.
become a bus driver in LA county
These are jobs that people think are beneath them and they actually pay insanely well. My friend lives in the bay area and he told me BART workers make between $30 and $40 an hour depending on their job. They also get a pension and healthcare. That street sweeper that calls into Howard Stern and works in New York is making around $100k/yr.

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

November 19, 2013 @ 01:07 AM
drbazing

asdfasdasdf
November 19, 2013 @ 01:20 AM
ACTiON FUNKENSTEiN

I do low-voltage electrical work and get paid well, but I'm laid off half the year since new construction is slow during the cold months. I want to land an in-house gig doing telecom work at a college or a hospital within the next 5 years.
November 19, 2013 @ 02:45 AM
Tierra y Libertad

How come?
dunno if its the right field for me
November 19, 2013 @ 03:35 AM
SonOfRise

I'm 25 years old and I have no fucking idea what I want to do for a career. It sucks.
These are jobs that people think are beneath them and they actually pay insanely well. My friend lives in the bay area and he told me BART workers make between $30 and $40 an hour depending on their job. They also get a pension and healthcare. That street sweeper that calls into Howard Stern and works in New York is making around $100k/yr.
Think of the perks of being a bus driver! Meeting new people you can sit down the whole day! Air conditioning depending on the bus. Idk I think it would be cool to be a bus driver. Also lots of hobos. Hobos are cool.

Zooey Deschanel is waifu

November 19, 2013 @ 03:36 AM
No Fuxx Given

my major is econ but idk if i want to continue on this path. i enjoy the subject but idk if i wanna base my life on it.. we'll see what happens doe

Fly on little wing

November 19, 2013 @ 06:27 AM
Ekong

Rapper/Hustler like Rick Ross and 50 cents 
November 19, 2013 @ 06:59 AM
jacobsever

Honestly considering being a court stenographer. I type really fast and like typing. They make almost $50k a year. While that's not ballin status, it'd be enough to get by living the kinda lifestyle I want.

November 19, 2013 @ 07:16 AM
jaded

Honestly considering being a court stenographer. I type really fast and like typing. They make almost $50k a year. While that's not ballin status, it'd be enough to get by living the kinda lifestyle I want.
They have a pretty easy schedule too for the money they make. 

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

November 19, 2013 @ 07:26 AM
jjapplesauce

Engineering seems like a promising field, for anyone who is uncertain or who's currently in high school thinking about prospective fields to study in. If you're up for the schooling, which is fairly extensive and pretty challenging from what I've heard.

My brother who graduated with a degree in bio-medical engineering is doing quite well. With the internships and co-op's he took part in during his 4 years at school, he was able to network and set up solid job offerings for post-graduation.

Even during the co-op's companies like GSK (GlaxoSmithKline) were paying him to work, while he was receiving college credit I remember him saying he was making $25-27/hour just for a co-op at one point. 
Engineering is a really promising field. My friend graduated about a year and a half ago with a degree in petroleum engineering.  He knew that North Dakota right now is where the moneys at for all that shit. Not the ideal location at all but hes planning on maybe putting in a couple years work there.  Hes been there for probably close to 6 months and is making some insanely good money for being a year out of school. 

Me personally, I am currently majoring in marketing and communications.  I was originally an econ major but realized it was not for me and I am not really a numbers person. I still dont know if I am making the right decision with my major but I will say I am atleast enjoying my classes and my gpa is up if I want to continue onto grad school.
November 19, 2013 @ 02:52 PM
kbos

I'm working on being 100% self employed with a number of different businesses.  Insurance and financial services to start with.  If I can get enough people working for me I might just semi retire and live off that, or if I have a fat enough portfolio I'm just gonna sell my book of business and either retire or move onto different ventures. But yeah, I'm trying to be independent.  Forget working for someone else.  I hate being a time/wage slave.    
This, except I run the junk hauling and furniture hauling biznaz. I'm proud at 22 I can make enough loot to get by and be my own boss before even finishing school, but I have a long way to go if I want to really be stacking papes.
November 19, 2013 @ 03:12 PM
PowerCum

just got into pharmacy school
will probably do a dual enrollment in pharmD/MBA or pharmD/MS in clinical sciences. 
November 19, 2013 @ 03:13 PM
blueberryjames

imma be a professional hypebeast

your girlfriend's vagina smells like bumble bee tuna

November 19, 2013 @ 09:18 PM
eidaow

takin a foundation art year at cc, then i'm gonna take another 3 years of art school to be an art director so when i graduate, i can take my homies place when he moves up.

~ h a n s u m ~

November 19, 2013 @ 11:33 PM
kbos

Think of the perks of being a bus driver! Meeting new people you can sit down the whole day! Air conditioning depending on the bus. Idk I think it would be cool to be a bus driver. Also lots of hobos. Hobos are cool.
Unions might be why you do these jobs and stack luchini guap cakes? Muhva fuckas who work in garbage hauling also be making luchini guap cakes even doe ppl think theyre all poor and dirty. Don't people that work at funeral homes make luchini guap cakes also? Theres some random weird jobs where you get luchini guap cakes and wouldn't suspect it.
November 19, 2013 @ 11:55 PM
malik58

suspended

ima b a doctor one day

snapchat ;) malikk58 send me dirty pics :hah: :seanshrug:

November 20, 2013 @ 12:30 AM
cloudhype

I was thinking architect but then I realized that it's not for me, so I'm going into fashion merchandising and the end goal is being a buyer for a big company 
Hey, 

What does the role of fashion merchandising involve?
November 20, 2013 @ 01:03 AM
AmericanLegend

I was thinking architect but then I realized that it's not for me, so I'm going into fashion merchandising and the end goal is being a buyer for a big company 
Hey, 

basically buy shit for stores thats in season
from what ive overheard 

after college ur gunna have to start from scratch in most companies to get to that position 
my sister jjust graduated, got a internship at one of the biggest nordstroms in southern california 
and shes just working there waiting to hav an ooppurtunity to advance idk 

taste the glamour

November 20, 2013 @ 01:43 AM
dellzz

ima b a doctor one day
okay grandpa 
November 20, 2013 @ 01:47 AM
Swerve.

Do y'all know that if you're black and have an MCAT of 27-29 and a GPA of 3.4-3.59 you have a medical school acceptance rate of about 85%?
November 20, 2013 @ 02:34 AM
Chrsangl Asianstlyelol

If you can get any job in a firm on wall st your set. I know someone that just finished taking accounting in Canada. Her first year at Goldman Sachs she made 1 million.
November 20, 2013 @ 02:54 AM
mackness

Hey, 

basically buy shit for stores thats in season
from what ive overheard 

after college ur gunna have to start from scratch in most companies to get to that position 
my sister jjust graduated, got a internship at one of the biggest nordstroms in southern california 
and shes just working there waiting to hav an ooppurtunity to advance idk 
It's also predicting trends and buying clothes that will be popular for the current/next season. You usually start out at a retail job then work your way up, like American said. 

"mack you get a pass for wearing female pants i aint even gonna ether you anymore" Powercum http://jnmcknss.tumblr.com/

November 20, 2013 @ 03:27 AM
dontgiveafuck

Currently a senior nursing student and I love it... Males are obviously a minority in this field, but I don't mind at all. I caught a lot of flack growing up, especially through high school, when I declared nursing as my major but I don't regret any bit of it -- I'm in a class full of hot bitches and will continue to be in a field dominated by females, am on track to make more money than I really need, and most importantly I love what I'm doing. Nursing is challenging in many ways  than just academically because it pushes me every day to get better in a lot of different areas of my life.

But health care isn't for every body and I definitely don't recommend you go into this field just for the money for the reasons posted above. Nursing school, work-wise, sucked and all the work you do in school isn't gonna mean shit when you graduate because 90% of the things you learn on the job are completely different than what you learn in school.

And FWIW, I'm planning on going back to grad school right away while I'm still young, not married, and child-less. Hoping to become a nurse anesthetist or a nurse practitioner, but that's further down the road. But definitely think about it and be realistic with yourself, OP. Don't ever do anything just for the money. Or you're a faggot.
November 20, 2013 @ 03:27 AM
mackness

If u are #hansum and a nurse you gonna get all the pussy

"mack you get a pass for wearing female pants i aint even gonna ether you anymore" Powercum http://jnmcknss.tumblr.com/

November 20, 2013 @ 10:04 PM
ragamuffin

yooo, I'm thinking alot about going to the US, studying for fashion merch, I have no idea where though.. any ideas?

http://gollygee13.tumblr.com/

November 21, 2013 @ 03:58 AM
futura

what options are available for an economics major?
November 21, 2013 @ 04:01 AM
mackness

yooo, I'm thinking alot about going to the US, studying for fashion merch, I have no idea where though.. any ideas?
Okay, while OSU doesn't have the best program it's in one of the fashion capitals of the US (not in terms of people style but the amount of retailers located here). So that's always a plus. Columbia at Chicago has a good program, Parsons NYC is also good, a lot of options. Pick a relevant city though. 

November 24, 2013 @ 05:11 PM
Canvas08

Becoming a doctor for the money is a horrible idea. I happen to know someone who went through medical school for the wrong reasons and now has a lot of regret, but what can you do at that point? you've spent your twenties in school, you'll probably owe at least a couple hundred grand in student loans, so you have to keep moving forward with a career you chose for the wrong reasons. Don't pick anything based on salary, it's not worth it. 

My friend also became an anesthesiologist and now he's worried because there is a lot of talk that nurse anesthetists will replace anesthesiologists one day as the country continues to move toward affordable health care (you can pay a nurse anesthetists significantly less than a doctor doing the same thing). 
This is exactly me. I want to help people but I'm not sure exactly how I want to help people. My whole life I was told medical was the way to go with the typical stable job stereotypes and what not. My original plan was to become an oncologist because I wanted to help people and I find cancer to be really interesting, but at the same time I don't know if I would be able to put myself through all the schooling knowing that it's what? 15+ years? I'm already having difficulty managing 2 jobs and taking all these science courses that I'm not even sure if I want to continue. So right now I'm trying to figure out what I have a passion for and what I'm genuinely interested in regardless of the pay.
You guys should also know that you don't really get to pick what kind of doctor you become. You don't just go to medical school and say "I want to be an Oncologist" and then they train you for it. Everything is based on exams. Oncology is probably one of the most, if not the most difficult fields to get into. 
I know y'all are just voicing thoughts and looking out for those who might be making a mistake, but i have done my research on it, and money is secondary to the amount of help i would be providing, i might not even become a doctor and just conduct research after med school, but if all goes according to plan, those are the two specialties i would love to be matched into, and that remark about the anesthesiology nurses is interesting, because i did hear someone talking about how all the an. nurses he has met are the ones doing the real work, and the doctor is just overlooking everything and isnt a necessary piece except for the expertise in which he has. interesting.

I wanted to be a pilot.

I'm graduating in March after winter quarter with a 3.2 GPA. Electrical Engineering with emphasis in Power System Analysis and Embedded Systems (Microcontroller/Microprocessors). Interning as Software Engineer for an Avionics/Electronics company, getting paid 20+ per hour; working on a military helicopter made by Boeing for Canada. I don't know my future plan (I wanna go Power), but I have the skill sets and tools for doing any Elec/Computer/ComputerScience jobs.

School was pretty much all about gathering previous quizzes and tests, copy pasting codes and lab reports, cheating on open laptop quizzes/tests/finals and all sorts of other things that can help you. So if that's something you wanna do, AMA. Don't get me wrong, you still have to learn the basics, to survive.

I'm a test taker, which leads to weird combinations of things like a 3.3 weighted highschool gpa and a 32 ACT, i just don;t have the time or commitment to do all the busy work teachers assign on the day to day basis, but i feel as if i;m much better suited for college, how is the daily life of a student in college?
if you don't have the patience to study 8 hours a day, 7 days a week you are not cut out for medical school. and if you want money, you should definitely not be a physician. salary barely covers loans.
November 24, 2013 @ 06:01 PM
Black Donald Trump

I'm about to graduate from art school, going to try getting a Job in motion design and video post production while working some of my own side hustles and continuing with fine art(painting,print, sculpture) thing is you usually have to go through a lot of bullshit and unpaid internships to get a job in design, and then it's a 9-5 and sometimes longer hours than that depending on deadlines. Honestly I'm thinking about trying to go to Europe for grad school in fine arts (free or very cheap a lot of places over there) and then trying to become a professor. The pay isn't great but its enough to live and I don't feel the need to be rich, I would rather enjoy what I do and have more freedom(summers off, usually don't even work full 9-5 hours) and supplement my income with side hustles if need be. Traveling and enjoying life is more important to me at his point than having a big house and expensive stuff, I think averaging about 60k a year would be doable and would be enough for a solid living situation, decent cars and to be able to travel a bit and not have to worry about things to much, though I admit I wish I could have those expensive things at times. But fuck it Ill just try and land me a rich wife or some shit lol
November 24, 2013 @ 09:40 PM
Nubcake

Thinking about getting a Business Management/Marketing degree. Also interested in photography. 

Please login first to reply.