Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
October 4, 2013 @ 10:07 PM
theycallmeblack

Can you believe basically any average supermarket stocks things made by so few companies?

These companies are huge.

October 4, 2013 @ 10:09 PM
koolgtrap

is that strange ?? nike does make shoes jackets hats hoodies balls watches same shit kneega
October 4, 2013 @ 10:23 PM
theycallmeblack

is that strange ?? nike does make shoes jackets hats hoodies balls watches same shit kneega
But they're all branded with the swoosh. A brand like Nestle has all these sub brands.
October 4, 2013 @ 10:36 PM
Soul Rize

gotta keep expanding or else a company that doesn't expand dies. 

Cmon get down with a real nigga wussup

October 4, 2013 @ 11:00 PM
slytendencies

gotta keep expanding or else a company that doesn't expand dies. 
This

the only thing that keeps most of these brands from expanding even more is the fact that a monopoly over a certain industry is illegal (i think)
October 4, 2013 @ 11:12 PM
powerball

a lot of it has to do with branding and the barriers to entry for the certain industry. A lot of those companies make products that are all great quality that consumers can trust with their money. they also have the capital for r&d to create products that other manufacturers wouldn't be able to do.
October 4, 2013 @ 11:25 PM
Black Jew

20 plus years of selling Johnson & Johnson.
October 4, 2013 @ 11:33 PM
Pantic

a lot of it has to do with branding and the barriers to entry for the certain industry. A lot of those companies make products that are all great quality that consumers can trust with their money. they also have the capital for r&d to create products that other manufacturers wouldn't be able to do.
This does not apply here at all son
October 4, 2013 @ 11:55 PM
HoodedThugs

It is sad that you didn't realize this before, this is all based on the big companies having competitive advantage. They can manufacture everything and price it at a lose till smaller companies are forced to shut down or be absorbed by them. Sadly, I love big business though. 

hoodedthugs.tumblr.com | http://twitter.com/HoodedThugs

October 5, 2013 @ 12:21 AM
powerball

lol how so? why don't you take a strategic management class and find out, son. like hoodedthugs above me just mentioned its about having a competitive advantage and these big companies have the capital necessary for the competitive advantage. 
October 5, 2013 @ 12:49 AM
HoodedThugs

lol how so? why don't you take a strategic management class and find out, son. like hoodedthugs above me just mentioned its about having a competitive advantage and these big companies have the capital necessary for the competitive advantage. 
I knew this and I'm a BioMedical major. Kids these days.

hoodedthugs.tumblr.com | http://twitter.com/HoodedThugs

October 5, 2013 @ 01:10 AM
oneallah

why isnt supreme on that doe
October 5, 2013 @ 01:26 AM
It's Only Hype

which one owns hypebeast?
October 5, 2013 @ 01:32 AM
cultivation-iesteor

nestle owns ralph lauren smdh dis shit outta control
October 5, 2013 @ 03:55 AM
JACOB LACIDAR KOLA

the jews.,,,,,,,

:)

October 5, 2013 @ 05:53 AM
bjornvan

thats crazy ..
if you zoom in close enough...
October 5, 2013 @ 01:26 PM
Pantic

Because op's post is about big companies and how many small ones they have absorbed. Many of the branches are still branded by their own brand and not the company that bought em, so branding is pretty irrelevant here. And entry barriers are a concern for new companies and thats not what the thread is about. Nothing in the supermarket Industry has State supported monopoly and its infact not a very hard market to get into. Thing is the biggest fish tend to buy the smaller succesful fish which is what the thread is about. Thus if it was a school project it would be a mergers&acquisitions subject, not an entry barrier or branding subject.
October 5, 2013 @ 02:51 PM
Sub Prime

Pantic is consistently one of the least intelligent posters I have seen on this forum in 7 years.

and hypebeast isn't necessarily known for Rhodes Scholars
October 5, 2013 @ 03:54 PM

Inactive

Pantic is consistently one of the least intelligent posters I have seen on this forum in 7 years.

stfu nigga. who told yo fat ass u could get out of the shoutbox and come kick it with us, faggot.

"and hypebeast isn't necessarily known for Rhodes Scholars"

bitch nigga u can pay for skool but u cant buy class. swag is for boys, class is for men. #hansumboyz #startedfromthebottomnowwehere
October 5, 2013 @ 05:08 PM
99%Shit

I.T/i.t owns all your clothes.

narsha.narsha.narsha

October 5, 2013 @ 06:51 PM
w)entandrew

mars candy. those bastards.

Forum Administrator • @HOYITSDREW

October 6, 2013 @ 12:12 AM
Pantic

I'm gonna assume this is based off the fitness thread where my controversial ideas seem stupid to you and your inferior  physique. Otherwise you're a fucking retard for having that opinion, but then again i shouldnt even be responding to the opinion of a faggot taking part in a no fap marathon on the internet 
October 6, 2013 @ 12:23 AM

Inactive

canvas a grown ass man takin part in nofap? wut, its interferin wit ur studies?
October 6, 2013 @ 01:39 AM
Black Jew

I'm gonna assume this is based off the fitness thread where my controversial ideas seem stupid to you and your inferior  physique. Otherwise you're a fucking retard for having that opinion, but then again i shouldnt even be responding to the opinion of a niners fan.
Fixed
October 6, 2013 @ 07:13 PM
LostJem

suspended

Yeah that's about right.

its just like lorreal for example owns and produces over 400 different companies 

FS:http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/177075

Please login first to reply.