October 10, 2013 @ 02:32 AM
Otacon

Started trading this year and got burned with $fnma smh copped at $1.54 and held it to its year high of $5.44 still hoping there's another pump and dump before year ends
October 10, 2013 @ 03:11 AM
Homes

Started trading this year and got burned with $fnma smh copped at $1.54 and held it to its year high of $5.44 still hoping there's another pump and dump before year ends
I think we'll definitely see prices jump again before year end. When the shutdown is resolved we'll see a nice spike, and with Yellen officially being nominated, it looks like tapering will continue to be delayed.
October 10, 2013 @ 06:18 AM
thatniggatho

As a 20 year old with a few thousand in my savings what is the best and safest way I can make it grow?
Focus on paying off debt if you have any. I notice you are in California which has, in addition to federal income tax,  state income tax. CD rates are low so it won't make much sense to put your cash there. Savings rates are low thus the money in your bank account isn't going to make much. Markets are very volatile right now and there is a lot of risk at losing money .... When investing in markets you will pay a brokerage fee on every investment.

Considering a  (5-10%) possible return, per $1k, you are making 50-$100. Out of that you are likely to pay $14 in trading fees (there are some brokers who have trial non fee trading)... Then taxes... So your 'profit/gains' will get beat up a bit. So, after you run the numbers of what possible returns you can expect, you have to decide : is this worth the risk/time?

So, first thing is research and understand what your options are. Run the numbers and see what makes sense (impact on your pocket vs time/other options. In the case that you have no debt (step 1), It's always good to first form a 'safety net' of loose cash for emergencies (step 2).  After you have that, then you can start looking at the many options available to (step 3)  trade up' your money. Time is money though and when you have that kind of capital vs. the possible absolute returns ($100 bucks or so) you gotta weigh if its worth the time investment.

Also remember when investing, it is possible to lose money as much as its possible to make money. A lot of people forget this sometimes. The stats speak for themselves. So, when you start talking about growing your cash, be at a point that the cash that you want to grow is money you wont be 'hurting' over if you lost it (all).

That being said, put your time and energy into making something a success that you care about. Learning early and making mistakes with small stacks is a lot better than doing it w/ big stacks. Learning the ropes now can set you up for having the knowhow when you get big stacks.
November 7, 2013 @ 12:26 AM
unoedoe

Twitter IPO thoughts?
December 2, 2013 @ 03:25 PM
nat turner

bump

I'm learning about Tax write offs. It's pretty much better in all aspects to be a business owner than to be an employee when it comes to earning potential and income.

Any forums yall recommend or sites?
I'm trying to learn more about real estate as well

http://pureandgood.tumblr.com/ IG: thevictoryspeech

April 19, 2014 @ 03:43 AM
thrillmatic

Twitter IPO thoughts?
has it happened yet? been out of the loop lately

bump

I'm learning about Tax write offs. It's pretty much better in all aspects to be a business owner than to be an employee when it comes to earning potential and income.

Any forums yall recommend or sites?
I'm trying to learn more about real estate as well
look at all of the links on the first post for this thread and take your time

"Rap in 2012 is basically just a mad dash for people of EVERY human subset to be represented by a rapper." - damnwitless1

April 19, 2014 @ 03:57 AM
PersianRugs

Twitter IPO thoughts?
Yes, and the share price is essentially going back to its debut range ($45). No surprise there.
April 19, 2014 @ 04:13 AM
unoedoe

Twitter IPO thoughts?
Yes, and the share price is essentially going back to its debut range ($45). No surprise there.
I lucked out and bailed when it hit $68 last december cool
April 19, 2014 @ 04:42 AM
origins

Should of sold at that range lol. Still bagging my shares until it hits mid 5s or maybe low 6s (hopeful). Weibo IPO was nuts, was going to jump on it, but don't want to deal with international fees.

http://getsupreme.bigcartel.com/

April 22, 2014 @ 12:51 AM
thrillmatic

Should of sold at that range lol. Still bagging my shares until it hits mid 5s or maybe low 6s (hopeful). Weibo IPO was nuts, was going to jump on it, but don't want to deal with international fees.
What exchange is involved with Weibo?

How many of you fuck wit ETFs? I just jumped on tha bandwagon a minute ago.

"Rap in 2012 is basically just a mad dash for people of EVERY human subset to be represented by a rapper." - damnwitless1

April 22, 2014 @ 01:01 AM
origins

Nasdaq.

Haven't really messed with ETFs yet, still rather new to the game. I am considering to start trading options when I have some more time on my hands. I've been pretty much swing trading for the past month - really need to get concentrated.

April 22, 2014 @ 02:00 AM
thrillmatic

Nasdaq.

Haven't really messed with ETFs yet, still rather new to the game. I am considering to start trading options when I have some more time on my hands. I've been pretty much swing trading for the past month - really need to get concentrated.
why would there be fees? am i missing something?

April 22, 2014 @ 02:07 AM
smartmonkey

we $ bois, we came here to have fun.

FOLLOW ME @ https://twitter.com/Fhenomenon1

April 22, 2014 @ 02:26 AM
origins

Nasdaq.

why would there be fees? am i missing something?
It's listed under Nasdaq but when trying to be bought it has a $50 foreign settlement fee.

edit: might just be my broker

April 22, 2014 @ 02:39 AM
unoedoe

Ahh. Yeah, it was just a matter of luck. I have no idea what I'm doing, but I'm going to load up on some books for summer and going to try an get serious about it so I'm not just taking random gambles. Any recommendations on how to get into the logistics and basic information on investing? Out of curiosity any luck on those marijuana IPOs?
April 22, 2014 @ 02:41 AM
thrillmatic

Ahh. Yeah, it was just a matter of luck. I have no idea what I'm doing, but I'm going to load up on some books for summer and going to try an get serious about it so I'm not just taking random gambles. Any recommendations on how to get into the logistics and basic information on investing? Out of curiosity any luck on those marijuana IPOs?
see the books by graham and zweig on the very first post. them shits tell you alllllll you need to know

April 22, 2014 @ 02:49 AM
origins

pot stocks still pretty hot, doubt they will be over the summer unless some big news like banks accepting money from marijuana sales or more states accepting... I'm in $MINE and $MCIG atm - not really fucking with much more penny stocks atm cus of time restrictions and no access to level 2. $MCIG is a legit company though, check them out http://investorshub.advfn.com/mCig-Inc-MCIG-25691/... they're coming out with a vitamin infused ecig (vitacig, which they're passing $VCIG shares to those who invested into $MCIG at a certain time perioid) and liqcig (liquor cig) - looks promising...

April 22, 2014 @ 10:59 PM
Black Donald Trump

I'm about to graduate school with a little under 30k in debt, and have a job lined up where I will make just over 30k in the next year. I've calculated my expenses and should have about 6-7000 left over after already paying about 350 per month for student loans. Should I put all the rest toward the loans as well? Or do something else with it?

Also when should I start putting money in retirement accounts? From what I understand it is super beneficial to do it as soon as possible, and the nature of my job field isn't super lucrative or dependable so I feel like this would be especially important for me. Should open some kind of retirement account and put the 5k in there? 
I'm 22 now btw
April 23, 2014 @ 04:59 AM
ramzca

I'm about to graduate school with a little under 30k in debt, and have a job lined up where I will make just over 30k in the next year. I've calculated my expenses and should have about 6-7000 left over after already paying about 350 per month for student loans. Should I put all the rest toward the loans as well? Or do something else with it?

Also when should I start putting money in retirement accounts? From what I understand it is super beneficial to do it as soon as possible, and the nature of my job field isn't super lucrative or dependable so I feel like this would be especially important for me. Should open some kind of retirement account and put the 5k in there? 
I'm 22 now btw
Pay off your student debt, ASAP, or that shit will come back to haunt you. But, if your job isn't insured, put your extra money into a compound savings account that'll pay off way down the road. We're talking about 10 to 20 years from now, not a year or two.
April 25, 2014 @ 02:07 AM
origins

How you guys feel about the 7:1 stock split with Apple? Might cop some shares, but they need to get more innovated and get some new products up, Samsung right up on their ass.

May 30, 2014 @ 03:31 AM
unoedoe

where millz doe?
May 30, 2014 @ 03:37 AM
origins

Would love to see his knowledge on economics, LOL.

May 30, 2014 @ 03:56 AM
Soul Rize

he lurks ovious

I'm 22 now btw
Pay off your student debt, ASAP, or that shit will come back to haunt you. But, if your job isn't insured, put your extra money into a compound savings account that'll pay off way down the road. We're talking about 10 to 20 years from now, not a year or two.
dude a few years from now ima be that guy that handles your money and tbh your student debt is the least of your worries. Your best bet is the pay of the minimal of your loans and whatever that you WOULD"VE used to say pay it off in half the time put towards a maximum funded insurance contract. you really have to research this yourself but the point is that within 10 to 20 years the money you put towards the contract at around 7-10 % compound interest should overlap your loans with about 3% interest.  and obviously you keep going and by the end of it you will have more than enough to pay off your loan and have plenty for future investments or w/e . This takes discipline because the money that you would've been using to pay of your loan faster can easily be spent else where instead of saving it so be careful of that. 

Cmon get down with a real nigga wussup

May 30, 2014 @ 04:45 AM
Opulent

Don't worry about loans at the moment, more important things. 
May 30, 2014 @ 02:01 PM
dmwalking

Weed stocks? I was just thinking about investing in weed but I had no idea where to look. Point me in that direction young money makers. I need to diversify my bonds. 

guy on some broke bus. Love, Sosa. "Don't feed the trolls" initiative coming soon. We can rebuild.

May 30, 2014 @ 04:43 PM
origins

Weed stocks? I was just thinking about investing in weed but I had no idea where to look. Point me in that direction young money makers. I need to diversify my bonds. 
All momentum plays, very few solid companies that you could actually invest in. Pretty much all of them are scams or have no revs once so ever, meaning they are paying off their debt by diluting shares. For now, if you are honestly considering in investing in pot stocks, I'd wait until a few more states legalize it and maybe until banks finally accept funds from pot sales.

May 30, 2014 @ 05:42 PM
Fibrelight

edit: wrong thread 
May 30, 2014 @ 05:43 PM
Opulent

Yeah, weed stocks at the moment aren't really set in stone at the moment. 
May 30, 2014 @ 06:01 PM
Specification

You come to HB for Visvim, not for financial advisement LOL. DMwalking, it's probably better you go to stock trading forums and ask for advice over there.
May 30, 2014 @ 08:55 PM
Soul Rize

naw b if you want to make money. biotech stocks is there the $$$$ is at. 

You come to HB for Visvim, not for financial advisement LOL. DMwalking, it's probably better you go to stock trading forums and ask for advice over there.
why even post if you dont know shit? "stock trading forums" is a bunch of dudes that dont know shit about shit nor why would they help you? are you apart of there community ? have you contributed? naw you haven't and there advice from my experience have been almost useless to me making money in stocks . If not here then i'd suggest google b. 

Cmon get down with a real nigga wussup

Please login first to reply.