Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
September 17, 2013 @ 07:47 PM
tokyocean

Personally, as much as I want to wear beanies and snapbacks in public, I always feel reluctant to do so since I'm afraid of being judged negatively. Let's be honest. A good percentage of people who wear snapbacks and beanies are fans of hip hop. As much as I like hip hop, I don't want to be seen as though I'm someone who tries too hard to be seen as a guy who's into hip hop. I'm Asian. I'm not black. That's part of the reason why I don't really want to express my love for hip hop in public. However, I guess I realized today that I should just wear whatever I want to wear and not care about what others think as long as I'm not harming anyone. We have one life to live. It's not worth it to be afraid of being yourself just because you fear judgment from other people. My goal is to overcome my self-consciousness and social anxiety within the next few months. Hopefully, everything works.

Have you ever been through this?

Karmaloop rep code: REDHOT

September 17, 2013 @ 07:49 PM
TommyGearWaves

log off, put on a beanie & go outside b
September 17, 2013 @ 07:51 PM
Trill O'Reilly

I got my beanie from Target.

Target = hip hop
September 17, 2013 @ 07:51 PM
JohnvHarrison

My goal is to overcome my self-consciousness and social anxiety within the next few months. Hopefully, everything works.

If you know what your personal goal is already, why are you coming to us for advice/insight?

http://www.theyhatechange.com Beauty Squad Click on the rise #B$C Get down or lay down

September 17, 2013 @ 07:55 PM
tokyocean

My goal is to overcome my self-consciousness and social anxiety within the next few months. Hopefully, everything works.

If you know what your personal goal is already, why are you coming to us for advice/insight?
I just feel like it'd be interesting to find out if any of you guys went through what I did.

September 17, 2013 @ 07:58 PM
(G)TRAP

suspended

damn you a faggot
September 17, 2013 @ 08:00 PM
Vancouver

Wear it over the winter when it's cold. Nobody will look at you oddly for wearing it and over time you will become comfortable wearing it and can continue to as it gets warmer. Just don't wear it in the summer like a bitch
September 17, 2013 @ 08:05 PM
eidaow

get a raiders & bulls snapback, wear one or the other each day.

/thread

~ h a n s u m ~

September 17, 2013 @ 08:06 PM
Soul Rize

i know your feel op . but once a girl be like you look good in that bennie. ur confidence will tip and you'll cop moar.

Cmon get down with a real nigga wussup

September 17, 2013 @ 08:19 PM
shnoosetheboose

There's dudes out there wearing skirts and shit that think they look good and you're afraid of wearing a beanie? Cmon son. 
September 17, 2013 @ 09:42 PM
tokyocean

Wear it over the winter when it's cold. Nobody will look at you oddly for wearing it and over time you will become comfortable wearing it and can continue to as it gets warmer. Just don't wear it in the summer like a bitch
I'm not going to be wearing beanie when it's blazing hot. I'm a guy who likes to get in the mood with the weather. This means that if it gets colder and it becomes fall or winter, I'll use that as an opportunity to dress up accordingly. It just so happens that middle school killed my self-esteem. Now, I'm self-conscious over the smallest things.

September 17, 2013 @ 09:43 PM
cheyaaa

It's normal to feel subconscious about ourselves. We all been judged one way or another. Others have it worse. Some wouldn't attend a month of school because they had a bad hair cut. Some suffer from severe acne or sickness and is afraid of going out. And you complaining about wearing something?

Wear what you like. Stop caring.

FOLLOW ME @ https://twitter.com/Fhenomenon1

September 17, 2013 @ 10:29 PM
daytona squared

i actually agree with the snapback thing i very rarely rock them now (sports related ones anyway) they were kinda cool at first but then that whole "Retro" trend got a hold on teenage america and made them look corny 

but thats just the corny mall ones 

rip subprime

September 17, 2013 @ 10:38 PM
kbos

Personally, as much as I want to wear beanies and snapbacks in public, I always feel reluctant to do so since I'm afraid of being judged negatively. Let's be honest. A good percentage of people who wear snapbacks and beanies are fans of hip hop. As much as I like hip hop, I don't want to be seen as though I'm someone who tries too hard to be seen as a guy who's into hip hop. I'm Asian. I'm not black. That's part of the reason why I don't really want to express my love for hip hop in public. However, I guess I realized today that I should just wear whatever I want to wear and not care about what others think as long as I'm not harming anyone. We have one life to live. It's not worth it to be afraid of being yourself just because you fear judgment from other people. My goal is to overcome my self-consciousness and social anxiety within the next few months. Hopefully, everything works.

Good luck overcoming your self-consciousness and social anxiety with your new found materialistic motivation. You have some fucked up priorities and a bitchmade herb-esque train of thought but at least you put it out there... on the internet.... i guess... 
September 17, 2013 @ 10:45 PM
drbazing

Mad Insecure.

September 17, 2013 @ 11:55 PM
buddha-monk

Its not like your wearing a du-rag, Makaveli Jeans with Tupac's face on them, and a long white tee. A person wearing that shit might get judged. Its a fucking hat, I doubt anyone will give any kind of thought to an Asian dude wearing hat.
September 17, 2013 @ 11:59 PM
jacobsever

Beanies are in no way hip hop.

September 18, 2013 @ 12:14 AM
tokyocean

Its not like your wearing a du-rag, Makaveli Jeans with Tupac's face on them, and a long white tee. A person wearing that shit might get judged. Its a fucking hat, I doubt anyone will give any kind of thought to an Asian dude wearing hat.
You really haven't seen the stereotypical hypebeast rocking snapbacks and pom beanies? I don't know about you, but I really think you have to put into account the fact that oversized tees, du-rags, and baggy jeans have long gone out of style. The new hip-hop look is a slimmer look, with guys wearing pom beanies and snapbacks.

September 18, 2013 @ 01:44 AM
kbos

^
what a moron
September 18, 2013 @ 02:08 AM
Pu

i'm afraid to wear trukfit 

lurking since 2012

September 18, 2013 @ 02:08 AM
حريق

lolwut. This thread can't be real. 

demdownvotestho

September 18, 2013 @ 02:13 AM
buddha-monk

You really haven't seen the stereotypical hypebeast rocking snapbacks and pom beanies? I don't know about you, but I really think you have to put into account the fact that oversized tees, du-rags, and baggy jeans have long gone out of style. The new hip-hop look is a slimmer look, with guys wearing pom beanies and snapbacks.
You missed my point. You're worried about being judged negatively. I said that if you wear that shit you might get judged negatively.
September 18, 2013 @ 02:57 AM
bjornvan

I just feel like it'd be interesting to find out if any of you guys went through what I did.
Yea.... when I was like .. 10
September 18, 2013 @ 03:17 AM
goldANDsacks

Nah I get the OP on this one. 

I'm Asian too and I've felt that pain before. You want to dress a certain way, but you're afraid people ,isn't judge you for trying too hard to be hip hop.

Growing up I always wanted to wear like Abercrombie jeans and shit but I was afraid white people would make fun of me for trying too hard to be white. And I got a throwback basketball jersey but never wore it in public because hip hop people might see me on the street and shoot me or something. So I just wore kimonos and rice hats to be safe. Nobodys made fun of me for it yet. 
September 18, 2013 @ 03:22 AM
Tierra y Libertad

damn you a faggot
speak for yourself
September 18, 2013 @ 03:27 AM
tokyocean

I'm Asian too and I've felt that pain before. You want to dress a certain way, but you're afraid people ,isn't judge you for trying too hard to be hip hop.

Growing up I always wanted to wear like Abercrombie jeans and shit but I was afraid white people would make fun of me for trying too hard to be white. And I got a throwback basketball jersey but never wore it in public because hip hop people might see me on the street and shoot me or something. So I just wore kimonos and rice hats to be safe. Nobodys made fun of me for it yet. 
That's exactly what I'm saying. I don't feel comfortable wearing jerseys, beanies, or snapbacks in public since there are black people around here who do just that. I don't want to be considered a "black wannabe."

September 18, 2013 @ 03:34 AM
adoboFosho

but how do you explain this 
http://www.teenspot.com/boards/showthread.php?507679-Hollister-and-black-people
"This is not meant to be racist at all, but this is something I'm confused about. A couple days ago at the pool I work at I was telling some black girls to get off the pool deck because we were closing and I ws wearing a hollister shirt. One of the girls was like "I didn't know white boys rock hollister.".....

And recently my friend also called me (he was working on the boardwalk in wildwood) and told me that he was wearing a hollister shirt and a black guy came up and was like "uh oh, white boy's wearing hollister!" wtf....

Why do people act like hollister is black now? Wasn't it one of the most stereotypical white preppy boy companies? Idk if anyone else is seeing this, I live in philly so maybe it's just here...I mean I don't mind black people wearing hollister by any means, but why are they acting like it's a stereotypically black clothing brand (like south pole, rocawear, etc..)"

http://www.ebay.com/usr/adobo_fosho... selling black/white flyknits... look like yeezy!!!

September 18, 2013 @ 03:36 AM
cheyaaa

GET OVER IT. LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO CONCERN ABOUT LITTLE THINGS.

FOLLOW ME @ https://twitter.com/Fhenomenon1

September 18, 2013 @ 06:50 AM
totalespionage

LOL! OP you need to get a serious grip on reality.
September 18, 2013 @ 07:06 AM
Benchwarmer

I feel you bruh. It's funny seeing different reactions from people though, like one day you wear a t-shirt and some jeans and people walking by will smile and say hi but then once you throw on a snapback with that same fit, people won't even make eye contact with you. But then again I live in a white ass neighbourhood so they're pretty much scared of everything.

Please login first to reply.