September 3, 2013 @ 01:38 AM
No Fuxx Given

I'm a freshman in college and I'm seriously considering joining a frat. I've been to a couple frat parties and they were sick and this brother started talking to me about rushing and shit and it all seems pretty cool.

For those of u in a frat right now, is it worth it? 

Fly on little wing

September 3, 2013 @ 01:42 AM
Captain Al

black frats are cool

tumblr: bankpaper.tumblr.com Instagram: @bankpaper

September 3, 2013 @ 01:50 AM
ManyHenny

If you're in a good frat, you can get access to sororities/career hookups/etc.
September 3, 2013 @ 01:54 AM
REVS

It really all depends, I've known people who pledge and love it, they love being involved in a brotherhood, the parties, the lifestyle, it is different from others who live off campus / on campus (Not in frats), etc. If you're thinking about pledging don't just look at one frat, just because a brother started talking to you doesn't mean it's the frat for you, go around to different houses, mixers, and see what frat is the best fit for you. 

I've never been to any of the frats at WCU, but I have at Pitt and they're all a blast. Like I said before, I know some dudes who loved it and have stuck with their house for years, but I've also known some that pledged as freshmen and it got the best of them, and their academic standing went to shit, you just need to know how to balance it. 

Then there's the group of people who don't fuck with frats at all, and basically think it's a waste of money, or your just shelling out more money for friends. Regardless if you pledge or not, the parties will always still be there, just make sure to have a 5 spot in your pocket for a cup if you ain't pledging. 

Go Rams cool

I prefer carcinogens to endorphins.

September 3, 2013 @ 01:55 AM
backlikethat

frats are for fags like op
September 3, 2013 @ 02:07 AM
No Fuxx Given

Yeah I hear you Revs. I'm planning on checking out a couple different ones within the next couple weeks cuz they're all having rushes. I'm kinda leaning on the one I checked out first though just because the dude was like we have 2 rules when it comes to pledging... 1. no gay shit and 2. no psychical abuse.... shiet sounds good to me. Thanks for the advice tho homie.

Fly on little wing

September 3, 2013 @ 02:31 AM
unoedoe

2. "no psychical abuse"....
lmao... that's what mine said
September 3, 2013 @ 02:37 AM
Captain Al

Yeah I hear you Revs. I'm planning on checking out a couple different ones within the next couple weeks cuz they're all having rushes. I'm kinda leaning on the one I checked out first though just because the dude was like we have 2 rules when it comes to pledging... 1. no gay shit and 2. no psychical abuse.... shiet sounds good to me. Thanks for the advice tho homie.
why would you join a homophobic club?

tumblr: bankpaper.tumblr.com Instagram: @bankpaper

September 3, 2013 @ 03:28 AM
chief

do it. one of my regrets in college was not pledging, but i didn't cause i transferred after two years and didn't want to be some freshman's bitch.

don't get me wrong i still had a blast cause i still knew a ton of people outside the greek system. but if you don't join i would still make an effort to get to know people in them cause you can still get a lot of the benefits like the parties, meeting new people without having to deal with the extra stuff like meetings, community service, etc

i played on the school's soccer team and 90% of the team was in frats and they were all good guys. like revs said, some are filled with douchebags and some can actually be really cool

the shittiest part of not being in a frat though is cause there's always those girls that won't give you the time of day if you're not in a frat. not saying you'd want to date them or anything, but you definitely wouldn't mind sticking your dick in them

anyways those are just my experiences with frats while at school

•••

September 3, 2013 @ 03:48 AM
I_Be_Krillin_It

do it. one of my regrets in college was not pledging, but i didn't cause i transferred after two years and didn't want to be some freshman's bitch.

don't get me wrong i still had a blast cause i still knew a ton of people outside the greek system. but if you don't join i would still make an effort to get to know people in them cause you can still get a lot of the benefits like the parties, meeting new people without having to deal with the extra stuff like meetings, community service, etc

i played on the school's soccer team and 90% of the team was in frats and they were all good guys. like revs said, some are filled with douchebags and some can actually be really cool

the shittiest part of not being in a frat though is cause there's always those girls that won't give you the time of day if you're not in a frat. not saying you'd want to date them or anything, but you definitely wouldn't mind sticking your dick in them

woah you played soccer for wsu how good were you going to guess not good enough for MLS

Fibrelight - says he has box logo.... reveals he wasn't strong enough to control its power

September 3, 2013 @ 03:54 AM
element

SAE here. message me if you have any questions.
September 3, 2013 @ 03:56 AM
chief

woah you played soccer for wsu how good were you going to guess not good enough for MLS
we dont have an ncaa men's team unfortunately. just our school's club team. there were tryouts and shit so we didn't have just any scrub showing up though lol

•••

September 3, 2013 @ 04:16 AM
kbos

Not joining a frat was the best choice I made in college, mad homies did and regretted how it went. I don't really understand it personally, just because you can party and have friends and do all the same cool shit without a frat. Obviously rushing seems cool because the frats do a bunch of shit to impress people but rushing isn't what being in a frat is like just keep that in mind. I'm not saying don't do it either im just saying that's my experience.
September 3, 2013 @ 04:25 AM
RiFF RaFF

If you suck at meeting people / making friends and really want to party then do it.

Besides that you pay bank to basically " party with the bros" and to have friends.

Be about it

September 3, 2013 @ 04:47 AM
ignorantian

frats are gay as fuck
September 3, 2013 @ 04:57 AM
element

Lot of yall got some misconstrued ideas of how fraternities are, but I don't blame you. A good amount of fraternity guys are douche bags, there's no denying it. But there are fraternities out there that do more than just rage and act cocky. I found one that I fit in well with, never had to pretend to be someone else, and got a dope overall college experience from. I got to party, fuck bitches, gain a huge alumni network, and be apart of legit organization that wasn't full of try hards and sperry wearing "bros". 

Fraternities def ain't for everyone but if you do decide to check them out, join the one that you fit best with. 
September 3, 2013 @ 05:05 AM
AlphaMale

suspended

why would you join a homophobic club?
Yeah why? If you're not in a frat where you can have an orgy with just the homies around, that' gay as fuck
September 3, 2013 @ 08:58 AM
powerball

joining a frat is beneficial in a shit ton of ways. the networking within a frat can be valuable depending on the school cause it can help you find a job, get internships, etc. I pledged a frat at SC because you get access to the hottest bitches on campus, every dude in a frat here was rich, and you'll find something to do with your boys almost every weekend. just as an example, the ceo of microsoft's son was in a frat here, arnold schwarzenegger's son, the ufc owner's son, etc. just by being associated with them and getting close to guys like that, you can get a foot in the door if you ever wanted to get into a certain industry. 
September 3, 2013 @ 11:17 AM
BEENDOINGIT

What even is a frat? I'm from Scotland and we don't fuck with shit like that over here.
September 3, 2013 @ 11:48 AM
SHARKlN

The only frat worse than PIKA lol.. when I was in college everyone called your frat Sexual Assault Expected.

Really though, frats are a waste of time and money just for an excuse for boys to act like girls with all the drama involved. If you're serious about joining one anyway, I'd recommend waiting until your second semester to decide. A semester of experience really helps with knowing how to deal with stress and time management of finals/etc. before you throw a bunch of bullshit obligations from a frat on top.
September 3, 2013 @ 12:49 PM
edubbb

^ lol word SAE got a 20 year ban on my campus
September 3, 2013 @ 04:34 PM
DREWKKAKE

lol didnt read the responses but if you want to have something to do every weekend and during the week, and homies to kick it with, and girls to spit game at, and you have the funds for it and no other way to meet people, its a good thing.

if you dont need it you dont need it. or just make some frat freinds and get to all the functions

Forum Administrator • @DREWKKAKE

September 3, 2013 @ 04:38 PM
PowerCum

if you go to a shitty school dont rush 
September 3, 2013 @ 04:59 PM
Tony Montana

fuck a frat, rent a house and be in a trap bruh. 

"im a very deep minded person" - Tracy Jackson

September 3, 2013 @ 05:02 PM
blackice445

Frats are for followers. 
September 3, 2013 @ 05:21 PM
Max S v2

frats:hahahahaha
September 3, 2013 @ 05:27 PM
powerball

i see where all the frat hate coming from, most you niggas still at CC's...
September 3, 2013 @ 06:30 PM
tRick

it depends on the school you go to a little bit too. definitely worth it if youre at a school with a big greek community. That comes with great alumni support/relationships, a beautiful home, and plenty of people to meet over the course of your college career. I've had so many opportunities come my way simply from being in my fraternity from big companies reaching out specifically to our house.

And it depends on you personally. If you like the guys in the house you're rushing, then it might be a good idea for you. After you're initiated, you'll live in a big house full of your best friends. Especially with your pledge class. The guys in mine are some of the best friends I've made. They'll be there to help you and have your back for life.

Which is not to say that you can't have the same type of experience without joining a fraternity. Being in a fraternity doesnt guarantee you'll be popular and fuck hella bitches, and not joining one doesnt mean you can't. Its just the path you take.
September 3, 2013 @ 06:41 PM
drbazing

I don't regret joining my frat. Would I change my mind if went back? I probably would. It had set me back in my studies, but the bros you pledge with are treasure. Whenever I hear people, frats are for losers, fags, no friends, douches, etc, I just ignore it because it's something they don't understand and have never went through. Each frats do different things, but I probably won't do anything harder than the things we have done for the whole 11 weeks.

"Spend nights we won't remember with brothers we won't forget"

Just go try it out and if you finish and don't like it, then give up your letters. It's not a rare occasion that someone does.
September 3, 2013 @ 06:54 PM
element

The only frat worse than PIKA lol.. when I was in college everyone called your frat Sexual Assault Expected.

Really though, frats are a waste of time and money just for an excuse for boys to act like girls with all the drama involved. If you're serious about joining one anyway, I'd recommend waiting until your second semester to decide. A semester of experience really helps with knowing how to deal with stress and time management of finals/etc. before you throw a bunch of bullshit obligations from a frat on top.
We've had a few chapters get into some huge trouble lately. Unfortunately it takes only one or two drunk assholes to do something stupid and ruin the reputation of everyone in their house. There's still a bunch of exemplary SAE chapters out there especially in the Midwest and California. Every fraternity has their good and bad chapters, it is what it is. 

And before any of you, who are considering joining a fraternity, take advice from anyone in this thread, whether its me or a lot of these dudes trash talking. Just remember that you'll only know how it is, if you experience it first hand. People like to talk shit and fraternities are an easy target because of how some represent themselves. I suggest you do your research and not just listen to the opinions of a few. 

Please login first to reply.