August 28, 2013 @ 05:32 AM
chief

I don't follow politics, like at all. Could someone fill me in?

•••

August 28, 2013 @ 05:34 AM
drbazing

I don't think we're invading, but it's because Syria supposedly used chemical weapons and it is illegal under international law.
August 28, 2013 @ 05:52 AM
street lights

dont think we are doing a full blown invasion just yet either. i think dudes are still talking it over. but yea bashir al assad, the dictator there, supposedly used chemical weapons on his own people. 

whoever down voting my shit is a fucking faggot that's jealous of everything about my life- Ronn_eL

August 28, 2013 @ 05:57 AM
frankieBRKLYN

suspended

Well the U.S. is sort of being pressured into using force to correct the Syrian Gov't for using Chemical weapons against civilians, although Syria stated that it wasn't true (Syria's ally Russia also denied this). It's hard to tell with all the mixed news coming in so I really don't know how much is true and how much is false.
August 28, 2013 @ 06:10 AM
Tierra y Libertad

al-assad supposedly used chemical weapons against the
civilian population, and now western & gulf state government have drawn the final line and actively seek out military action against him. first attacks are supposed come as soon as this week.

its gonna get ugly
August 28, 2013 @ 06:41 AM
Get Free

It's called the military-industrial complex. I encourage you folks to read up on it.
August 28, 2013 @ 07:06 AM
powerball

So is the US the only one who's gonna attack Syria, or is there anybody else?
no, if the US is going to do anything about this it's going to be through NATO. U.S. wants to stop this and would step in, but Russia would flip the fuck out since Syria is one of their neighbors and since they also sell a lot of weapons to Syria. The use of chemical weapons is a violation against human rights so the world as a whole would step in and prevent that from occurring.
August 28, 2013 @ 07:11 AM
JEANPAULDAVINCI

suspended

man i swear most of the world's issues has something to do involving Islam 
August 28, 2013 @ 07:13 AM
powerball

man i swear most of the world's issues has something to do involving Islam 
Sunni v Shite. shit is real out there
August 28, 2013 @ 07:18 AM
aznpyr0

It's ironic how the US might break international law in attempts to stop international law breaking.
August 28, 2013 @ 07:23 AM
powerball

It's ironic how the US might break international law in attempts to stop international law breaking.
how is the US breaking international law?
August 28, 2013 @ 07:28 AM
StephonPurham

Obama is ready to drink the blood of the Syrian population

obama is saying he is ready to send a airstrike/naval war ship attack as soon as thursday morning
WW3 is about to happen if this shit falls thru
August 28, 2013 @ 07:39 AM
Tony Montana

They used nervous gas so they are gonna get the Yugoslavia treatment.

"im a very deep minded person" - Tracy Jackson

August 28, 2013 @ 08:41 AM
ThaGoldenBoy

I don't see how military intervention is gonna help anything though. The UK government is so annoying, anything the US does, they'll follow on and do also.

Surely political intervention would be better off initially and then military intervention in the worst case scenario? From what I understand the civil unrest has been going on for around 2 years now yet the West seems to only be doing something now?

It's a dodgy analogy but if you see 2 guys shooting at eachother and you wanted to attain peace, would pulling out a gun help or would talking to them and breaking it up be better for peace? 
August 28, 2013 @ 09:08 AM
fucclord

There's no benefit to backing either side. The FSA are radical islamists (primarily sunni) whereas Assad is an Alawite (Shia sect) that supports secular republicanism. There's no difference between chemical weapons or regular bombs, it's just media hype to use for taking advantage of Syria.

http://www.mathaba.net/news/?x=633428
http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2013/08/25/320404/un-syria-team-may-fabricate-evidence/

Remember, the US is ridiculously full of shit when it comes to things like this. If we cared about Human rights, we'd have taken out the Saudis a long long time ago. It's just greed. American soldiers die for US petrodollars.
August 28, 2013 @ 11:02 AM
galactic don soze X7

man i swear most of the world's issues has something to do involving USA
fixed
August 28, 2013 @ 12:05 PM
Master Six

The US needs to slow down. We're getting too arrogant...

Changing the Past.

August 28, 2013 @ 01:03 PM
Bluetooth

So is the US the only one who's gonna attack Syria, or is there anybody else?
no, if the US is going to do anything about this it's going to be through NATO. U.S. wants to stop this and would step in, but Russia would flip the fuck out since Syria is one of their neighbors and since they also sell a lot of weapons to Syria. The use of chemical weapons is a violation against human rights so the world as a whole would step in and prevent that from occurring.
I wouldn't quite call Syria and Russia neighbours :p
August 28, 2013 @ 03:14 PM
DonBishopSpacePimp

The U.S. is like a referee that will also jump in the fight when it comes to world matters.

"You can drop off your kid and run my fade" #NoPromo #NoFearGang #AntiMuffinMovement

August 28, 2013 @ 03:32 PM
YoungRizal

Rothschild wants to put their BANK in Syria. After Syria, their next target is Iran. One of the 3 countries that hasn't give their national banks to the Rothschilds family.

FS - Supreme Nupste, WTAPS Parasmock ETC

August 28, 2013 @ 03:55 PM
Brian@ONLY

A few points to add here, some people have some misconception that the US is stepping in, they aren't.  We are not invading Syria.  The idea is to isolate and cripple Assad's capability to use chemical warfare by destroying the air fields and sending a message that the world is watching.  The bad side to this is that the chemical weapons could then fall into the hands of terrorist which would pose a bigger problem in the long run. 

Russia has a very clear stake in this as Syria and Russia date back in both trade and religion, Putin very much sees Assad as the 'President' of Syria.  Syria also harbor's Russia's port for vessel repairs, it would cut Russia off from anything within in the Mediterranean that trade travels via sea.  Russia is also the number 1 supplier to Syria for military weaponry so the US/UK/France (with UN Council Support) would be going up against Russia military armor. 

Just today, oil prices surged which is obviously a ripple effect based on the new findings. 

You know how Hollywood plays a large part in creating ideal situations, could this be a rogue Syrian official who orders a chemcial/biological attack on it's own civilians and confuses the international community into thinking it was a terrorist plot or an actual government issued attack on it's civilians knowing the international community / un council would step in, coup-esque.

There's a lot of unknown variables here, I think military posturing is a good defense, but the whole middle east and eastern block is doing it.  Israel, Egypt, UEA, Saudi, Turkey, they are all showing military posture as the US/UK/FR move into the eastern mediterranean. 
August 28, 2013 @ 04:05 PM
dmwalking

Conspiracy.  

Last name Ever, first name Worst Mod

August 28, 2013 @ 04:06 PM
Bet

Because the US is apparently the World's police.
August 28, 2013 @ 09:49 PM
Black Donald Trump

I don't see how military intervention is gonna help anything though. The UK government is so annoying, anything the US does, they'll follow on and do also.

Surely political intervention would be better off initially and then military intervention in the worst case scenario? From what I understand the civil unrest has been going on for around 2 years now yet the West seems to only be doing something now?

It's a dodgy analogy but if you see 2 guys shooting at eachother and you wanted to attain peace, would pulling out a gun help or would talking to them and breaking it up be better for peace? 
pretty sure everyones been telling them to chill the fuck out for a while now, thats obviously not helping. problem is neither side is really clearly "right". there is the government ruled by a violent dictator, and then theirs the rebellion of what appears to be increasingly led by religious fundmentalists/extremists, or as would be called in some other areas "terrorists". its an all-around fucked up situation that i'm not sure we can really do all that much in helping
August 28, 2013 @ 09:51 PM
Black Donald Trump

pretty sure everyones been telling them to chill the fuck out for a while now, thats obviously not helping. problem is neither side is really clearly "right". there is the government ruled by a violent dictator, and then theirs the rebellion of what appears to be increasingly led by religious fundmentalists/extremists, or as would be called in some other areas "terrorists". problem is these there is also a general civilian population, many of whom have no ties to any sort of extremist groups, that is caught in the middle and have been bombed for the past 2 years. chemical warfare is fucked up but really shit hit the fan a long time ago over there. its an all-around fucked up situation that i'm not sure we can really do all that much in helping
August 28, 2013 @ 09:53 PM
Black Donald Trump

pretty fucked up shit in here, don't watch if you can't handle blood and guts
August 28, 2013 @ 09:59 PM
YoungRizal

Only 3 countries left that is not under Rothschild BANK
1. Iran
2. Cuba
3. North Korea

once they conquer those then it will be their world domination. World Trade Center incident? They did that to conquer Afghanistan and Iraq. Guess who owns their central bank now? 

FS - Supreme Nupste, WTAPS Parasmock ETC

August 28, 2013 @ 10:58 PM
overdrive

Why would the USA spend $xxxxxxxx invading yet another country for 'alleged' crimes before helping its own people?

It doesn't add up razz
August 28, 2013 @ 11:05 PM
August 28, 2013 @ 11:06 PM
ThaGoldenBoy

Please login first to reply.