August 23, 2013 @ 03:56 PM
cernio

Anybody on HB work at a Niketown or Nike Outlet? I'm curious bout the job and the Swoosh account. The interview process seems pretty typical, so I'm not asking questions about that.

I heard Swoosh is 40% off, but is the selection not that good Do they have any rare/limited shoes available to buy with the discount? Honestly, I'd be coppin some sb's but also buyin to resell. Is it still decent to have a Swoosh account for resellin or it's not even worth it anymore?

Are there any other perks/discounts of being an employee? Free gear or anything else?
August 23, 2013 @ 04:09 PM
I_Be_Krillin_It

this is going to be you op :/

Fibrelight - says he has box logo.... reveals he wasn't strong enough to control its power

August 23, 2013 @ 04:47 PM
cernio

haha just tryna get my knowledge up

so i guess sb quickstrikes and the good basketball kicks arent available wit the discount huh? the swoosh account is just the regular nike website at 40% off?
August 23, 2013 @ 06:04 PM
oneallah

aside rom swoosh account, the nike store employees get alot more benefits..................
August 23, 2013 @ 07:09 PM
-deleted-

do your own research if you're applying/interviewing...
August 23, 2013 @ 07:36 PM
cernio

Thanks. Interview is beginning of September. I'm gonna brush up on all the basic questions. Does anyone know of any specific questions they ask besides the usual "why do you wanna work here?" It's gonna be a group interview. 

Is there money to be made with a swoosh account or not anymore
August 23, 2013 @ 11:09 PM
jeffori

The discount doesn't apply until a few weeks later for new releases; the stock is essentially the same as the Nike.com, there is no "hidden stash" for employees.

Also, don't get caught up in reselling. If you get caught slippin, they can fire you straight up. 
Nike got people all over FB, NT, Ebay, Craiglist, ect constantly checking to see if theres a match between what employees bought and whats being listed. 

it ain't worth it b, that discount is mad good, why risk it 
August 24, 2013 @ 03:18 AM
Swerve.

Just quick screenshots, also get 40% off converse and hurley, used to get 40 from Cole Haans but not anymore
August 24, 2013 @ 04:53 AM
cernio

The discount doesn't apply until a few weeks later for new releases; the stock is essentially the same as the Nike.com, there is no "hidden stash" for employees.

Also, don't get caught up in reselling. If you get caught slippin, they can fire you straight up. 
Nike got people all over FB, NT, Ebay, Craiglist, ect constantly checking to see if theres a match between what employees bought and whats being listed. 

it ain't worth it b, that discount is mad good, why risk it 
You right you right...guess I'll just cop for myself. 

Do they pay above minimum wage? Anybody know what the general rate is for a sales assoc?

And thanks for the screenshots bruh. Looks like you're gettin 50% off on some of them huh
August 24, 2013 @ 05:10 AM
jerad

Thanks. Interview is beginning of September. I'm gonna brush up on all the basic questions. Does anyone know of any specific questions they ask besides the usual "why do you wanna work here?" It's gonna be a group interview. 

Is there money to be made with a swoosh account or not anymore
they ask you really basic and personal questions (why do you want to work for Nike? what does teamwork mean to you? previous job experience? do you know anyone who works at this store? etc. etc. nothing challenging) ; just go in confident about yourself and you will be fine. it's really easy to get hired there

edit: pay for part time sales is about 50-75 cents more than minimum in your area i think and if you're seasonal you get minimum 
August 24, 2013 @ 01:33 PM
cernio

Aw I was hopin for 10-11 dollars haha..its all good though..hope they're flexible with hours.  I can't even work that much with school right now, only like 10-15 hours maybe. 
August 24, 2013 @ 02:13 PM
Swerve.

Yeah I get 8.60, but I'm in high school so that's kind of alot... interviews are chill, I had an argument with the dude about who knew more about sports and that was pretty much it... You can make a little from swoosh, but once you start buying a shit ton they'll call and see what's going on. There's some ways around it though
August 24, 2013 @ 05:01 PM
cernio

So I heard one of the things in the interview is they make you 'sell' a random item, like a stapler to the person who is interviewing you..how would I do that shit haha. I don't have any sales experience, I feel like I would mess up on that and say some corny shit
August 24, 2013 @ 05:19 PM
jerad

So I heard one of the things in the interview is they make you 'sell' a random item, like a stapler to the person who is interviewing you..how would I do that shit haha. I don't have any sales experience, I feel like I would mess up on that and say some corny shit
they won't ask you this question, they usually only ask these types of questions in higher sales positions where you're making commission on your direct sales. and yeah part time sales there is usually all under 20 hours so you should be okay
August 24, 2013 @ 05:39 PM
cernio

they won't ask you this question, they usually only ask these types of questions in higher sales positions where you're making commission on your direct sales. and yeah part time sales there is usually all under 20 hours so you should be okay
nice thanks bruh. hope i get this, appreciate all the help hb fam
August 24, 2013 @ 05:46 PM
rbbnz

Just quick screenshots, also get 40% off converse and hurley, used to get 40 from Cole Haans but not anymore
get anything of nike id?
August 25, 2013 @ 03:15 AM
bulmasaur

^no nike id discounts

i was working at cole haan for a bit and also had the swoosh so that was nice (i miss u so much~)

i left cole haan and interviewed at niketown but they couldn't hire me because cole haan and nike had just separated.

tip: you gotta kill the group interview. there's gonna be a handful of corny overtalkers that say cliche shit. make sure you stand out from them. try to stress the importance of product knowledge and how each customer comes in with a different agenda and its your job to help them leave happy. some bullshit like that. they're also gonna ask for real life examples of "teamwork" or "ethics". they wanna gauge how you'd fit in the team. they don't give a shit about your knowledge of different materials/technology or whether or not u can name different jordan colorways. they want "energetic" people n shit lol good luck man

Please login first to reply.