Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
July 22, 2013 @ 11:19 PM
Glo'bito

we already got the Supreme store here in cali. one of the reason why I'd visit NY is the Bape store. also I heard ya'll
have some good ass pizza. other than that nah

“those who break the rules are scum, but those who abandon their friends are worse than scum.”

July 23, 2013 @ 12:55 AM
nat turner

Niggas talking shit about NY even though they visited a couple times with their family. 
You don't understand the hustle here and prolly never will. 

Edit: and yea $1000 is too much for a little studio apartment, but if you live in NYC you're never in your spot other than sleeping and fucking. You're always out doing something...or at least you should be. It's not a city for everyone of course. It's a lot of work and takes a lot of energy away from you, but it's worth it. The convenience to get liquor at anytime at almost anyplace. The people you meet. The parties. The food. The culture. 
I can dig ya point of view. I'm not hating on ny just sayin that the attitude I described is is annoying and arrogant at times.

http://pureandgood.tumblr.com/ IG: thevictoryspeech

July 23, 2013 @ 12:56 AM
nat turner

we already got the Supreme store here in cali. one of the reason why I'd visit NY is the Bape store. also I heard ya'll
You know there's more to life than shopping and wearing brand name clothing?

You sound like a chick talking about LV bags.
Damn

http://pureandgood.tumblr.com/ IG: thevictoryspeech

July 23, 2013 @ 01:14 AM
Glo'bito

You know there's more to life than shopping and wearing brand name clothing?

You sound like a chick talking about LV bags.
you are in a fashion forum

“those who break the rules are scum, but those who abandon their friends are worse than scum.”

July 23, 2013 @ 01:36 AM
offensive-commenter

lol im from ny and i hate it here. 
July 23, 2013 @ 01:47 AM
ThaGoldenBoy

The place to be.

Also I agree OP, but thats the Western world in a nutshell really.
July 23, 2013 @ 02:42 AM
KTA

I live in New York. You can't be a pussy living here, It's a fast pace city, only the strong survive 
I am pretty sure you'd get eaten alive in parts of Africa.
word. see this is a perfect example. motha fucka try growing up in places like china, korea, etc where these kids study 15 hrs a day from elementary to school to high school to make it or to just be middle class. their work weeks are longer than 40hrs. try 60 hrs on average.. What you know bout suicide watch at your place of employment cuz conditions are so bad. 

eat cock bitch nigga. 
The topic is about New York, fuck you get Africa from. You thinking too hard, bitch ass nigga. All of that thought, you put into my post, use that knowledge & go get some pussy for once in ya life
I am pretty sure a fuck boy like you wont survive in Baclaran Paranaque Manila where I grew up. High rate of thieves, holdups in broad day light or pick pockets.  But you wont know that cuz you cant even get out of NY too busy making ends meet.

This is daily basis rush hour

Bout 2 blocks away from where i use to live

edit: And from what I heard NYC isnt as bad as how people say it is or as bad as how it was in the late 80's - 90's. Police and hipster ratio is 1:1 so w/e you say right now means nothing to me not unless you lived outside of the 1st world country.
fuck off ouuuu pinoy soo scary
i step one foot in that country and this wut i do

July 23, 2013 @ 02:57 AM
Black Donald Trump

NY is cool but i do agree it is overpriced/overrated, im not so much a big city person myself
July 23, 2013 @ 03:09 AM
REVS

I'm not from NYC, but I've visited a few times and it seems pretty cool, definitely different than Philly. Cigarettes prices are too high, don't really dig that.

I prefer carcinogens to endorphins.

July 23, 2013 @ 03:23 AM
SonOfRise

Hey revs does Philly got lots of hipster girls?
I fucks with hipster girls I heard they do but idk.
I might move up there for some hipster girls.

Zooey Deschanel is waifu

July 23, 2013 @ 04:19 PM
kbos

NYC has its pros and cons but after living there for a few years I have too say I've found it too be overrated and I can't fathom how anyone finds it too be the best city. Ok it has all kinds of people and culture and things are open late... Is that worth it too pay $1000 a month too live in a shoebox? Never have any privacy or personal space? Surrounded by filth and things that smell like shit? People being prideful of behaving like assholes because its the NYC attitude (get over yourselves you gotta take a long train ride too even get too the tough and scary parts of the city)? Most people don't even have a car there (fuck that shit, I do) but don't even get me started on dealing with public transportation and cabs as your only means of transportation. A lotta people my age come there thinking its like the Hollywood version of New York. If youre trying too make ends meet NYC is a lot of hassle for rewards that quickly become either mundane or simply not worth it.

I have a love hate thing with New York though, that's just the hate part. You meet some interesting ass people you wont meet anywhere else, and you can see and do a lot of shit, its just endless shit. There is something weirdly charming about how the city is so raw but so full of everything imaginable. For me that doesn't make it a great place too live, but a great place to visit. When my lease in Brooklyn is done, unless I am making fat stacks (if youre rich as fuck nyc is a whole different story) I'll head somewhere more beautiful, friendly, economically prosperous, and affordable (what costs 2000 a month in NYC can be had for like 700 in most other cities). NYC might have the most night life and activities, but theres plenty of that shit in other places too.

Edit: The NYC hometown best city in the world attitude is annoying as fuck on people from CT and deep out Long Island, or people who just moved there from other places doing everything they can too be New York as fuck, but on authentic New Yorkers who came up there most of their lives its got some merit, I mean that's how you came up so it is what it is knowhatimsayin? I gotta say though, native New Yorkers tend too think they are so much more experienced and worldly than people from smaller places, but its all a bullshit bubble town mentality, most native New Yorkers don't understand shit about how shit works elsewhere.
I can't front and call born and raised or anything, but I spend a lot of time in New York, mainly staying with my uncle in Brooklyn. I get where you're coming from with the public transportation, which (though very efficient and reliable compared to other cities, especially for the fact that it's accessible virtually anywhere within a 5 block radius) can become very aggravating. And yes, there are many assholes. 

But I think the city appeals to the more sentimental person. The kind of person who will describe the energy, vibes, and heart of the city. I fucking love New York. The diversity is amazing, and I don't just mean racial diversity. There's the skate community, the fashion community, the hip-hop heads, the jazz clubs, the sports fans, and everything in between. When I go to visit family, and wander in the city by myself, I don't feel alone. It's weird.

But I haven't seen someone articulate so well the negative aspects aside from the usual "arrogant people", "dirty environment", or "overpriced living" cliches. Your post was really good.

Can't front either man, public transportation in NYC is better than most cities. Boston's is the worst and I love my home town. I just don't think I can ever get down on public transport as my sole means of getting around, I love driving, the freedom, the power, the comfort, being on my town time with my own personal space and my music blasting, temp where I want it. People front like NYC is hard too drive in, people just get shook by cab drivers who think theyre cowboys, its cake compared too Boston and the parallel parking in NYC is plentiful (unless its late at night) and its usually free if you aren't on main drags. I agree with you on the sentimental tip, I think that sums up the love part of my love hate relationship with NYC.
July 23, 2013 @ 04:27 PM
YoungRizal

I live in New York. You can't be a pussy living here, It's a fast pace city, only the strong survive 
word. see this is a perfect example. motha fucka try growing up in places like china, korea, etc where these kids study 15 hrs a day from elementary to school to high school to make it or to just be middle class. their work weeks are longer than 40hrs. try 60 hrs on average.. What you know bout suicide watch at your place of employment cuz conditions are so bad. 

eat cock bitch nigga. 
The topic is about New York, fuck you get Africa from. You thinking too hard, bitch ass nigga. All of that thought, you put into my post, use that knowledge & go get some pussy for once in ya life
I am pretty sure a fuck boy like you wont survive in Baclaran Paranaque Manila where I grew up. High rate of thieves, holdups in broad day light or pick pockets.  But you wont know that cuz you cant even get out of NY too busy making ends meet.

edit: And from what I heard NYC isnt as bad as how people say it is or as bad as how it was in the late 80's - 90's. Police and hipster ratio is 1:1 so w/e you say right now means nothing to me not unless you lived outside of the 1st world country.

You won't be doing shit once you find out your wallet full of USD is gone without you knowing. I'm pretty sure you weak mentally to survive to 3rd world country. 1st world country ass fuck acting like he got it "hard" cuz of recession. Pussy

FS - Supreme Nupste, WTAPS Parasmock ETC

July 23, 2013 @ 08:07 PM
REVS

Hey revs does Philly got lots of hipster girls?

I fucks with hipster girls I heard they do but idk.

I might move up there for some hipster girls.
Center city you see them. The college campuses are crawling with them, Temple and Drexel. It all depends on where you're at. Housing isn't that expensive so it's not too bad. 

July 23, 2013 @ 08:17 PM
mackness

I almost went to Drexel

"mack you get a pass for wearing female pants i aint even gonna ether you anymore" Powercum http://jnmcknss.tumblr.com/

July 23, 2013 @ 09:00 PM
REVS

It's a good school, very expensive. The campus itself isn't that great. It got rated like one of the worst college campuses of 2012 I believe. 

July 23, 2013 @ 09:42 PM
dmwalking

I wouldn't expect you to understand. Unless you're from NYC or lived there, you really wouldn't understand. 

If you can make it in NYC, you can make it anywhere in the US and most developed countries. I agree with you OP.  Cats who hustled to get out of their third world countries really can make it anywhere...including the wilderness and post apocalyptia. Haha.   

But truthfully, an NYC head really can get it anywhere in the US.  They hustle different and they're used to having to earn and spend big moneya and stretch dollars. So when they move to a spot with a much lower cost of living, they excel. 

guy on some broke bus. Love, Sosa. "Don't feed the trolls" initiative coming soon. We can rebuild.

July 23, 2013 @ 09:59 PM
YoungRizal

^ /thread. Everything is explained with that 

FS - Supreme Nupste, WTAPS Parasmock ETC

July 23, 2013 @ 10:21 PM
adoboFosho

itt 

canadians claiming they know nyc culture let alone usa's cool

http://www.ebay.com/usr/adobo_fosho... selling black/white flyknits... look like yeezy!!!

July 23, 2013 @ 10:23 PM
adoboFosho

eat cock bitch nigga. 

You won't be doing shit once you find out your wallet full of USD is gone without you knowing. I'm pretty sure you weak mentally to survive to 3rd world country. 1st world country ass fuck acting like he got it "hard" cuz of recession. Pussy
pinoy hood is moar hood then usa

thing is they are smart enough to walk in front of cars to sell u random items causing traffic but at least they do something unlike americans who hold signs up and expect $ to be given to them

http://www.ebay.com/usr/adobo_fosho... selling black/white flyknits... look like yeezy!!!

July 23, 2013 @ 10:27 PM
joeywankenobi

I wouldn't expect you to understand. Unless you're from NYC or lived there, you really wouldn't understand. 

If you can make it in NYC, you can make it anywhere in the US and most developed countries. I agree with you OP.  Cats who hustled to get out of their third world countries really can make it anywhere...including the wilderness and post apocalyptia. Haha.   

But truthfully, an NYC head really can get it anywhere in the US.  They hustle different and they're used to having to earn and spend big moneya and stretch dollars. So when they move to a spot with a much lower cost of living, they excel. 
pretty much.
July 23, 2013 @ 10:41 PM
dmwalking

That said, I took a trip to NYC cuz my wife used to love NYC.  It really has changed so much it pretty much lost that vibe that we both used to love. It used to always be ahead of the curve and fresh and alive and it felt stale.  It's like Bloomberg and outta town hipsters dried out that creative energy and it's mad contrived now.  Hipsters doing too much to pretend like they're native and natives doing too much to stand apart from the hipsters.  

guy on some broke bus. Love, Sosa. "Don't feed the trolls" initiative coming soon. We can rebuild.

July 23, 2013 @ 10:56 PM
offensive-commenter

^right on target.
July 23, 2013 @ 11:17 PM
dmwalking

And while I'm on the topic, making it in NY with your parent's money doesn't count as making it in NYC.

July 23, 2013 @ 11:27 PM
mackness

It's a good school, very expensive. The campus itself isn't that great. It got rated like one of the worst college campuses of 2012 I believe. 
Forreal? They were throwing big money at me but it took them too long to let me know haha

"mack you get a pass for wearing female pants i aint even gonna ether you anymore" Powercum http://jnmcknss.tumblr.com/

July 23, 2013 @ 11:44 PM
FailedPrayer

And while I'm on the topic, making it in NY with your parent's money doesn't count as making it in NYC.
Most of gentrified Brooklyn would disagree with you, haha.
July 24, 2013 @ 02:45 AM
_TerenceDion

The NYC culture seems cool. Food. Streetwear. Models. Music. idk. i met a few people from there that were cool but i know people here in Buffalo that are arrogant as shit.
July 24, 2013 @ 10:13 AM
g2289

I used to live in NYC..hated moving to Jersey back when I was younger but it's actually pretty cool now..being that I have the best of both worlds...I could go to NY anytime I please..it's only a 30min train or car ride, so whenever I wanna rape NY for its food, clothes, concerts and shit Im there...but sometimes its cool to be able to lay low and actually be able to do things like owning a nice car and be able to drive it without paying a 2nd rent at a paid parking lot or have your bumper constantly buttfucked by asshole drivers who try to park minivans in 7 foot spaces, great place to visit/hang out but I wouldn't move back unless I was pulling at least 100k a year or sumn
July 24, 2013 @ 03:45 PM
REVS

Forreal? They were throwing big money at me but it took them too long to let me know haha
Yea Huffinton Post and Complex put out lists every year and it's always on them, it's on a few more too. But yea I graduated with kids who went there, and they love it, so it boils down to if you personally like the college. Where'd you end up going?

July 24, 2013 @ 03:54 PM
kylethenerd

moved to new york from california and it's the best decision i've ever made. 
July 24, 2013 @ 06:17 PM
dmwalking

The NYC culture seems cool. Food. Streetwear. Models. Music. idk. i met a few people from there that were cool but i know people here in Buffalo that are arrogant as shit.
That's because Buffalo is mad ass b.  Of course they're gonna act like they're better.  I mean, someone from like Columbus Ohio would feel superior.  

Please login first to reply.