Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
July 18, 2013 @ 03:42 AM
goldANDsacks

It's Egyptian Cotton. I don't think he was trying to make a point. The shit is just (relatively) expensive to make.
$17.50 wholesale bruh

http://www.egyptiancottontshirts.com/p-13-100-egyptian-cotton-universal-short-sleeve-crewneck-t-shirt-for-men-and-women.aspx
he said relatively expensive. i mean, i can google plain cotton tshirts wholesale:

http://www.shirtchamp.com/sales.cfm

$1.49 bruh. relatively, the egyptian cotton is more than 10 times the price of a diamond supply type shirt. 

also, these are standardized fits. APC shirts are "cut n sew" meaning that some fancy french guy decided what the proportions are. this is an extreme example, but its like saying a picasso sketch should cost no more than the price of a piece of paper and a pencil. you're not buying a shirt. you're buying a name. if you don't get that concept, then nothing on HYPEbeast should make sense to you. 
July 18, 2013 @ 03:46 AM
Keyser Soze

also, these are standardized fits. APC shirts are "cut n sew" meaning that some fancy french guy decided what the proportions are. this is an extreme example, but its like saying a picasso sketch should cost no more than the price of a piece of paper and a pencil. you're not buying a shirt. you're buying a name. if you don't get that concept, then nothing on HYPEbeast should make sense to you. 
wtf? your arguing with my point but against it at the same time hahaha
July 18, 2013 @ 03:50 AM
goldANDsacks

wtf? your arguing with my point but against it at the same time hahaha
made an edit to my post. you guys are both right.
July 18, 2013 @ 04:08 AM
JohnvHarrison

It's Egyptian Cotton. I don't think he was trying to make a point. The shit is just (relatively) expensive to make.
wholesale prices:
$13.25 for 120+
$7.95 for 600+ 
http://www.egyptiancottontshirts.com/p-13-100-egyptian-cotton-universal-short-sleeve-crewneck-t-shirt-for-men-and-women.aspx

Just lol. Stop talking out of our ass man.
you're missing the point completely

http://www.theyhatechange.com Beauty Squad Click on the rise #B$C Get down or lay down

July 18, 2013 @ 04:22 AM
dmwalking

I'm not shocked. My point is that Yeezy proved he could sell cancer if he wanted to. The price doesn't shock me. I just feel that dudes are buggin for beasting over it. Hell, I could likely get my own Egyptian cotton and have a tailor make a one of one specifically for me and still not break $100.

Last name Ever, first name Worst Mod

July 18, 2013 @ 04:24 AM
dmwalking

JohnV.....I think I get what you're saying. Kanye wasn't TRYING to make a point. He inadvertently proved a point, but he wasn't going out of his way to do so. That's your point, right?

Still hardly justifies the price.

Last name Ever, first name Worst Mod

July 18, 2013 @ 04:33 AM
Glo'bito

that Egyptian cotton must feel real nice

“those who break the rules are scum, but those who abandon their friends are worse than scum.”

July 18, 2013 @ 04:42 AM
nochurch

You can tell who's new to FASHUNZ and textiles based off their comments in this thread LOL. 

APC doesn't even produce that great of a quality clothing anyway. INb4 thumbs down, you know it to be true. 

Turn me up some. six sixty-five plus one

July 18, 2013 @ 05:17 AM
goldANDsacks

I'm not shocked. My point is that Yeezy proved he could sell cancer if he wanted to. 

Kanye x Marlboro? i'd buy a pack. 
July 18, 2013 @ 05:45 AM
It's Only Hype

that Egyptian cotton must feel real nice
Put that pussy in a sarcophagus
July 18, 2013 @ 05:49 AM
mackness

You can tell who's new to FASHUNZ and textiles based off their comments in this thread LOL. 

APC doesn't even produce that great of a quality clothing anyway. INb4 thumbs down, you know it to be true. 
They used to, now it's all made in China and cheap as shit. And isn't Pima cotton the 'nicest' cotton? 

"mack you get a pass for wearing female pants i aint even gonna ether you anymore" Powercum http://jnmcknss.tumblr.com/

July 18, 2013 @ 05:51 AM
nochurch

In my opinion APC still produces the nicest fades, but the construction itself isn't that great. 

Turn me up some. six sixty-five plus one

July 18, 2013 @ 05:52 AM
mackness

In my opinion APC still produces the nicest fades, but the construction itself isn't that great. 
I agree, they go for instant gratification (in terms of fading compared to many other brands). But they will fall apart much easier than they used to.

"mack you get a pass for wearing female pants i aint even gonna ether you anymore" Powercum http://jnmcknss.tumblr.com/

July 18, 2013 @ 11:41 AM
teov

Paying 120$ for a plain white tee it's just fuckin dumb, no matter if you're wealthy or broke 

Blog : lifetimesofmrm.blogspot.com Check my tumblr lifetimesofmrm.tumblr.com HELGEN X. I love the fact that you don't dress like a fake poser skateboarding faggot from HB!

July 18, 2013 @ 12:49 PM
SonOfRise

No one cares if you can sell it people will buy it.

-jon

Zooey Deschanel is waifu

July 18, 2013 @ 02:29 PM
Hellah Fresh

Hmm... I wonder if i can buy a Egyptian bed sheet and make some tees?
July 18, 2013 @ 03:25 PM
snoopdoug

suspended

now Im not at all into fashion, but how was this a collab?

did they sit ye down and thought of some ideas and the last one to ride with was "yeah lets have a plain white tee!"?

jonjakob.blogspot.com

July 18, 2013 @ 06:00 PM
thrillmatic

can't knock on him for riding that tsunami he's built based off of his first two albums, the nigga and his pops jigga know where the paper at

"Rap in 2012 is basically just a mad dash for people of EVERY human subset to be represented by a rapper." - damnwitless1

July 18, 2013 @ 06:02 PM
JohnvHarrison

JohnV.....I think I get what you're saying. Kanye wasn't TRYING to make a point. He inadvertently proved a point, but he wasn't going out of his way to do so. That's your point, right?

Still hardly justifies the price.
that is my point exactly. But also the fact that you can't really say that the price is because it's Kanye, cause like I said, a collab with someone else who is relatively unknown (compared to Kanye) is the same price. Also I'm pretty sure Kanye isn't deciding the price points of these items anyway. Bottom line is APC is high to begin with, so this shouldn't be a surprise.

http://www.theyhatechange.com Beauty Squad Click on the rise #B$C Get down or lay down

July 18, 2013 @ 07:48 PM
keepit100g

July 18, 2013 @ 09:18 PM
Black Donald Trump

he proved that he is full of shit
July 18, 2013 @ 10:14 PM
99%Shit

You cats'd shit if you saw the price of Hermes boxers. 

narsha.narsha.narsha

July 18, 2013 @ 10:23 PM
BuddyOmar

LOL like this cornball psuedo-revolutionary hadn't already been doing that for a while. Cacs and asians eat him up though. Hype isn't nothing new; he didn't prove shit. His name could be attached to virtually any product and he'd make it a must-have overnight.

No different then when ASAP linked up with Black Scale and all that shit sold out within minutes. All of these brands do the same shit. 

I'm just disappointed he picked such basic ass items, he could've done minimalism in a more guccier way. 

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheBuddyOmar?feature=mhee |||||||||||||| Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/buddy_omar

July 18, 2013 @ 10:52 PM
offensive-commenter

i see your point but im willing to bet kanye's white shirt sold faster because it has his name on it.
July 18, 2013 @ 10:54 PM
suparise71

suspended

LOL like this cornball psuedo-revolutionary hadn't already been doing that for a while. Cacs and asians eat him up though. Hype isn't nothing new; he didn't prove shit. His name could be attached to virtually any product and he'd make it a must-have overnight.

No different then when ASAP linked up with Black Scale and all that shit sold out within minutes. All of these brands do the same shit. 

I'm just disappointed he picked such basic ass items, he could've done minimalism in a more guccier way. 

- Tracy Jackson

https://twitter.com/tracyjackson71

July 19, 2013 @ 12:54 PM
Feelin_Foolay

More importantly, which one of you guys bought an A$AP Ant Coke n White Bitches t shirt for $40 and got scammed by him
July 19, 2013 @ 02:06 PM
Boness

They used to, now it's all made in China and cheap as shit. And isn't Pima cotton the 'nicest' cotton? 
Supima and Egyptian cotton (Extra Long Staple) both grow on certain regions of the world, ELS cottons are more absorbent, yielding vibrant colors that are more fade-resistant than other types of cottons.

Egyptian cotton (ELS) include Giza 45, Giza 70, Giza 87 and Giza 88 (etc),  which is the type of cotton Visvim uses for some of their shirts, in quality they share very similiar aspects to Supima cottons. Some other japanese companies use this cottons to make basic t-shirts which are price fairly around 50 usd - 60 usd,  MADE IN JAPAN.

Cotton that grows on Egypt is Egyptian cotton but not necessarily ELS cotton which is the example of this Kanye hip hop shirt. 

ELS cotton from Egypt is indeed some of the finest and strongest cotton in the world. However, it's important to make the distinction between cotton that's simply "from Egypt" and cotton that can call itself ELS cotton. If you want an example every garment that uses GIZA cotton carries a tag saying so, I believe.

Back to this thread subject: This capsule colection isn't using ELS egyptian cotton so if you're thinking you're buying the best cotton Kanye just played a big joke on you. I'm not saying you guys shouldn't buy this or something but I'd feel like a fucking mark.
July 19, 2013 @ 03:25 PM
NZOO

Probably a limited quantity(100), likely rich folks copped em all. 

Don't badmind me.

July 19, 2013 @ 05:47 PM
smartmonkey

No. A.P.C. clothes always sells out. has nothing to do with that punk black.

FOLLOW ME @ https://twitter.com/Fhenomenon1

July 19, 2013 @ 06:45 PM
zzzboy

yall are stupid as fuck those shirts are on some Aladdin type quality.  i'm rich though so i bought one to use as a jizzrag

#lavish

Please login first to reply.