Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
July 14, 2013 @ 06:16 PM
outchea

What are y'alls opinions on the college you currently attend? I really want to know about Michigan and Columbia in particular. But really any school would be cool to hear about.

July 15, 2013 @ 01:21 AM
theycallmeblack

You're smart, huh.

Columbia is better if you like cities. Michigan is a little too much into athletics.

Both are great schools, so it really depends on what kind of environment you want and what department you're interested in. Being in NYC has its advantages, but it is nice to be away and focus on school/school life without distractions.
July 15, 2013 @ 02:08 AM
REVS

Columbia > Michigan

Both are well known schools though. If you got into both, you should feel good about that, because both are competitive. When it comes down to it, if you have an idea of what you're looking to study in school, look into which school has better programs (I'm sure both will have good programs) but see which one fits your specific needs more.

Take cost into consideration, would you be an in-state student at one, than at another? Did you get any scholarships or grants? If one's further away than another, is that an issue?

A lot of variables come into play when choosing the right school. Congratulations on your accepts by the way, if you got in to them at this point in time. 

I prefer carcinogens to endorphins.

July 15, 2013 @ 02:56 AM
Soul Rize

dont do cc go straight and do it big

Cmon get down with a real nigga wussup

July 15, 2013 @ 03:13 AM
FailedPrayer

Columbia has better brand name. Both schools are great for finance/accounting though.

I'm biased towards NYC, so I'd pick Columbia (should've actually applied back in hs).
July 15, 2013 @ 03:31 AM
Konglo

i go to va tech and it's so easy to take our dining services for granted. lobster, ribeye, hibachi on swipes son.
July 15, 2013 @ 03:54 AM
susdaddy

i go to va tech and it's so easy to take our dining services for granted. lobster, ribeye, hibachi on swipes son.
damn i go to james madison and i think our dining service is like 4th best in the nation
 lol shittin on you tech
July 15, 2013 @ 04:31 AM
chickenboy

if you're a rising senior and plan on applying to them and you already have some of your shit together, you could apply to both early (Columbia ED but UMich EA, but if you get into columbia, you have to go). In any case, both are fantastic schools. Columbia engineering is sort of seen as weaker than it's other branches, though. If you're thinking of going into finance, even though columbia doesn't have a business program, most people major in economics and they still get recruited (bc the university is in the city and it's an ivy)
July 15, 2013 @ 05:26 AM
outchea

I want to do management consulting as my profession once I graduate. I really have no desire to go for a grad degree. But what is your guy's opinion on incurring debt with your undergraduate degree?

I live in Florida, so our top in-state is University of Florida. I love the school, I'm a season ticket holder, and i could go for next to nothing. But I really want a more competitive school on my resume and I'd love to experience new places.

Did any of y'all take on any debt in college and how does it effect you? I'm leaning towards Michigan cause of their excellent management program and the sports.

July 15, 2013 @ 06:26 AM
mackness

What are y'alls opinions on the college you currently attend? I really want to know about Michigan and Columbia in particular. But really any school would be cool to hear about.
OSU > Michigan (I'm not sure if that's even true)

http://jnmcknss.tumblr.com/

July 15, 2013 @ 03:53 PM
outchea

Yeah, I'm not too aware of OSU. Braxton's fit to win the Heisman though.

July 15, 2013 @ 04:04 PM
I_Be_Krillin_It

ohio has very few black people so if you want to go then go

Fibrelight - says he has box logo.... reveals he wasn't strong enough to control its power

July 15, 2013 @ 06:31 PM
Black Donald Trump

depends on where, the bigger cities(cleveland, cincinnati, columbus) actually have higher black percentages than cities like chicago, new york, LA etc. cincinnati is almost 50%black. if you are talking about OSU in particular it may be a different story, but i still don't think they have a particularly low percentage of black people.
July 15, 2013 @ 06:35 PM
Black Donald Trump

unless you get into a top school for a major where you will make bank(medical, law, etc) i suggest you DO NOT GO INTO DEBT for school, or go into as little as possible. honestly cheaper state schools are just as good as private ones the vast majority of the time
July 15, 2013 @ 07:10 PM
mackness

I start at OSU in the fall btw

http://jnmcknss.tumblr.com/

July 15, 2013 @ 10:06 PM
paulywalnuts

getting a job is very hard these days...don't fuck around and pick a good major 

i master bait from time to time/// wtb - supreme mohair cardigan large, orange or pink, pm me...

July 16, 2013 @ 01:32 AM
outchea

I start at OSU in the fall btw

Congrats and good luck with that.
getting a job is very hard these days...don't fuck around and pick a good major 
I'm going for Business Management or Economics.

I don't really see where this is going, but I'm a white kid. Demographics aren't really a problem for me as I have a real diverse group of bros.

July 16, 2013 @ 01:55 AM
outchea

Columbia will look 3x as good as a degree from MU. Dat ivy league game breh

MU has a top 3 business program and the party scene there is ten times that of Columbia.

July 16, 2013 @ 02:00 AM
REVS

Please don't let the party scene of the school have ANY determining factor to if you attend or not. College costs too much, and you're there for the education. As wack as it sounds, it's true. 

July 16, 2013 @ 02:24 AM
outchea

REVS, I can't quote you on mobile. But I defintely hear you. I worded that wrong. I should've said social scene. I'm not a big partier anymore, I just want a school with relatable and chill kids.

July 16, 2013 @ 02:28 AM
REVS

REVS, I can't quote you on mobile. But I defintely hear you. I worded that wrong. I should've said social scene. I'm not a big partier anymore, I just want a school with relatable and chill kids.
I can dig it, I might have worded what I said wrong too, partying is fun and shit, no doubt, but there just has to been a fine line, between it and your school work, I'm sure since you got into both of these schools, you're smart enough to know this without someone telling you. 

July 16, 2013 @ 06:01 AM
chickenboy

Columbia will look 3x as good as a degree from MU. Dat ivy league game breh

MU has a top 3 business program and the party scene there is ten times that of Columbia.
doesn't sound like you want to get recruited by a firm to work in NY, but if you did, the numbers they take from columbia and michigan are around the same, even though columbia has no business...

and ross is top 10, maybe top 5, but not top 3. Cornell, upenn (wharton), notre dame are almost always consistently in front in rankings
July 16, 2013 @ 03:40 PM
Panther.

Lol at above comment about Mendoza (ND) and Johnson/Dyson? (Cornell). BusinessWeek loves those two schools even though their recruiting ain't that good. Neither of them are on par with Ross or even mcintire, although Cornell comes close. Op, Mich and Columbia DO NOT send similar numbers of kids to wall street each year. Columbia is m7, while Mich is tier 2 (maybe even closer to 3). Also, the number of kids you're competing against in Ross is far greater than that of Columbia. And guys he is just speculating. If he was actually accepted, he would know where he is going by now considering the enrollment deadline was quite awhile ago.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Florida State Seminole

July 16, 2013 @ 04:50 PM
Stephen Francisco Duarte

I want to do management consulting as my profession once I graduate. I really have no desire to go for a grad degree. But what is your guy's opinion on incurring debt with your undergraduate degree?

I live in Florida, so our top in-state is University of Florida. I love the school, I'm a season ticket holder, and i could go for next to nothing. But I really want a more competitive school on my resume and I'd love to experience new places.

Did any of y'all take on any debt in college and how does it effect you? I'm leaning towards Michigan cause of their excellent management program and the sports.

I went to UF for undergrad, graduated a yr ago, now im in Columbia for Grad school.
Choosing UF was one of the best choices ive made. It was cheap and you get out of there with real world experience- which is what matters more to some employers. 
At columbia, from what I see with undergrads, you're too busy with school work to actually find AS MANY jobs an internships as you could at UF. 
I know you aren't choosing between UF and Columbia-- but dont overlook it. Columbia you get a nice looking degree- at UF you get experience-  and it is considered a "public ivy"- plus the parties are GREAT. lol
July 16, 2013 @ 08:28 PM
outchea

I went to UF for undergrad, graduated a yr ago, now im in Columbia for Grad school.
Choosing UF was one of the best choices ive made. It was cheap and you get out of there with real world experience- which is what matters more to some employers. 
At columbia, from what I see with undergrads, you're too busy with school work to actually find AS MANY jobs an internships as you could at UF. 
I know you aren't choosing between UF and Columbia-- but dont overlook it. Columbia you get a nice looking degree- at UF you get experience-  and it is considered a "public ivy"- plus the parties are GREAT. lol
That's awesome man. Are you from in FL?

July 17, 2013 @ 07:50 AM
Konglo

damn i go to james madison and i think our dining service is like 4th best in the nation
 lol shittin on you tech
tech is #1
July 17, 2013 @ 04:22 PM
Stephen Francisco Duarte

That's awesome man. Are you from in FL?
yup, from Miami
July 17, 2013 @ 05:33 PM
YUNG PROMETH

bruh this is 2013, the college dosnt matter for shit it just depends if its in a medical marijuana state. Get wit it
July 17, 2013 @ 05:37 PM
cheyaaa

Going to a top school is good and all but you're honestly just paying for the name and connections. 

What it really boils down to is your chosen major and what you plan to do with it.

FOLLOW ME @ https://twitter.com/Fhenomenon1

July 17, 2013 @ 07:01 PM
FailedPrayer

Going to a top school is good and all but you're honestly just paying for the name and connections. 

What it really boils down to is your chosen major and what you plan to do with it.
Agreed, slightly.

Connections are damn near necessary, but don't go into debt with a useless major. Have a plan and execute it as quickly as you can, especially in this shitty economy.

Please login first to reply.