Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
June 25, 2013 @ 02:00 PM
wowwwya

lol @ everyone saying poor people and blacks don't have an opportunity to succeed educationally.

this girl is homeless and black and she was valedictorian of her graduating class.

http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/05/26/teenager-overcomes-homelessness-embarks-on-bright-future/

so, please tell me how being poor makes it impossible to do well in school? all it takes is hard work...
June 25, 2013 @ 03:10 PM
Black Donald Trump

lol @ everyone saying poor people and blacks don't have an opportunity to succeed educationally.

this girl is homeless and black and she was valedictorian of her graduating class.

http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/05/26/teenager-overcomes-homelessness-embarks-on-bright-future/

so, please tell me how being poor makes it impossible to do well in school? all it takes is hard work...
doesn't make it impossible, but it does make it quite a lot harder. (not necessarily the black part, depends on individual situations)
June 25, 2013 @ 03:15 PM
wowwwya

doesn't make it impossible, but it does make it quite a lot harder. (not necessarily the black part, depends on individual situations)
poor urban kids share short-sighted and would rather do stupid shit that the other neighborhood kids are doing than sit at home and study. then, when they are an adult and havent made anything of themselves, they realize that they should've worked harder in school...

instilling good values is the answer tbh
June 25, 2013 @ 03:57 PM
Swerve.

poor urban kids share short-sighted and would rather do stupid shit that the other neighborhood kids are doing than sit at home and study. then, when they are an adult and havent made anything of themselves, they realize that they should've worked harder in school...

instilling good values is the answer tbh
June 25, 2013 @ 04:02 PM
crumpet

I'm Egyptian/ Bosnian but I look like your typical white guy and going to really ethnically diverse schools (Me being one of the handful of "white" people there) it sucks that ppl still bring this up and that it's still an issue. I would notice alot of racism towards me, people would assume things just cause I look white and other racist hicks pretty much fucked it up for the rest of the white people who don't give a fuck about rave. I think we can all pretty much agree on saying FUCK YOU to racism and agree it was a thing of our past and we should try to keep it in the past
June 25, 2013 @ 04:07 PM
malik58

suspended

tbh i fucking hate white girls that wear uggs and north face jackets and oversized polo t shirts and talk about "swag" and "trill" and the dumbest shit about rap. yall know the kind of white people im talking about. and then the fucking faggot ass white dudes that wear this shit called chubbies basically its a 3and a fucking half inch inseam short that these fucks wear with uspa button downs and shit with backwards polo hats. fuck i hate white people 

snapchat ;) malikk58 send me dirty pics :hah: :seanshrug:

June 25, 2013 @ 04:44 PM
Captain Al

I'm Egyptian/ Bosnian but I look like your typical white guy and going to really ethnically diverse schools (Me being one of the handful of "white" people there) it sucks that ppl still bring this up and that it's still an issue. I would notice alot of racism towards me, people would assume things just cause I look white and other racist hicks pretty much fucked it up for the rest of the white people who don't give a fuck about rave. I think we can all pretty much agree on saying FUCK YOU to racism and agree it was a thing of our past and we should try to keep it in the past
no such thing as racism towards white people in the U.S or even around the world....

Tell me how it 'sucks' to look white? Are you bullied?
I understand that you're not white, so that even makes it a lot more irrelevant. 
Do you understand what racism is? 
If "ethnic" people (aka. black people) are bullying you for being white, it's not racism. If they're bullying you for being another "ethnic" person (which is very rare), it's still not racism. 

Not talking about racism will not stop racism.

Find your identity buddy and embrace it, you're not white.

tumblr: bankpaper.tumblr.com Instagram: @bankpaper

June 25, 2013 @ 04:46 PM
Black Donald Trump

black people are bringing themselves down, despite them blaming everything on the "rich white folk".

black people love to be offended and play the race card every chance they get.

Native Americans had it just as (or almost as) bad as blacks and they don't complain 1/10th as much as blacks do.
1. Poor people blame the "rich white folk" because the "rich white folk" are the people who are bringing them down, and destroying their opportunities to find success and better their lives. 

2. Yea, because being discriminated due to your race in the 21st cent. is just a chip on the shoulder. We should all stop talking about it. (hint: don't tell people that they're playing the blame game when you can't see their POV, then again you have that privilege)

3. Do you know how stupid that sounds? 1st off, you can compare a group of people's struggle. Secondly, do you pay attention to ANY PoC?

stfu 
Shut the fuck up. There are discriminatory programs set in place now that are meant to increase opportunities of minorities in school and and the work place too. Schools are required to meet a certain quota of each ethnicity in their enrollment, I have friends that got rejected from Stanford with 3.87 unweighted GPAs, 33 ACT, and a ~2300 SAT, but a black kid in one of my classes with a 3.6 unweighted, 30 ACT and ~2100 SAT got in. He got rejected because they had to meet a certain quota of minority students enrolled, and happened to a white kid while the other was black and was necessary to meet a quota.

If you really expect discrimination to end and there to be "equality" you're an idiot. Until equal opportunity employment and similar programs are ended, there's no such thing as equality. But if those were ended and the more qualified white guy got a job over a black guy, you already know they'd be screaming racism.

But comparing struggles is dumb, I agree.

tl;dr: Discrimination happens in all forms at all levels and will continue to happen until things change, and they won't. That being said, I'm not racist in any way, I don't really care if you're black, white, indian, asian, or whatever, if I can get ahead I'm gonna do it, regardless of if it ruins any of your opportunities.
That whole quota shit is actually false. Your friend didn't get in because there was other white students with higher gpa's and act scores. Or the legacy students that got in because their parents gave millions in donations. School admissions don't have a quota for a race they have to meet it is more like we want the most qualified of all races and the numbers look different for poc because the hardships they have dealt with and difference of experiences they bring to the school is valued.
If those programs were ended you will see whites being admitted and getting promotions for "fitting in well" or "having potential" which is a kind way of saying not being black. 

Nice try dumbass, but that "quota shit" is actually true. There are books on this shit. Pick one up and read one? Cause I already have. Affirmative action is bullshit; if you want to bring in people who have gone through hardships, then take people from poor neighborhoods with lesser stats. Lmao my boy going to MIT who is Hispanic said affirmative action is bullshit and he wouldn't have gotten in without it and he also feels bad for taking a more qualified Asian/white person's spot.
Fuck that give us niggas the affirmative action. It's the least whiteys can do for us. Taking African American History 1 and 2 completely opened my eyes to how much slavery and the past oppression of the white man has fucked black people over so much. The efffects of slavery are still prominent in black communities today. Basically all problems in the black community can be traced back to slavery. 
you already have affirmative action, there are tons of opportunities for black people to succeed. when i graduated high school(supposedly the best high school in the country for african american males, or the public school with the highest graduation rate of african american males or some shit) the alumni foundation gave out like 50-60 scholarships of varying value, and almost half of them could only go to african americans(my school was about 40-45% black) IF YOU WANT TO SUCCEED AND ARE DETERMINED TO, YOU ALMOST ALWAYS CAN.there is support out there for you if you seek it. 
i completely recognize that african americans have been historically fucked over, and honestly im not even talking about slavery, i'm talking about in the last 40 years or so(a lot of people actually agree that the black community is worse off now than it was in the 60s-70s). the failure of low income government housing projects, the crack/heroin epidemics(arguably caused by the government) and the war on drugs/current judicial system are far more responsible for the current state of ills in the black community than slavery. 
shit is hard, i know. it fucking sucks, but that is the way it is at this point. sorry. that being said, black people aren't going to get reparation or any bullshit like that. its just not going to happen, and honestly why would you want it? the government has fucked over the black community time and time again, so now it is time to turn away from the government and look to ourselves and each other for help, because that is the only realistic option. thinking the government will make things better for you is absolutely delusional. 
welfare culture is a terrible thing(for blacks and all other races too) and i mean it is terrible for those who are on it. if you are in a dire situation, have health problems or something like that, fine, but if you don't absolutely need it you should not be on it. i have seen first hand, friends falling back on the welfare system instead of working their asses off to get somewhere, not necessarily because they are lazy or trying to take advantage, but because it is what they know. once you are on welfare it is hard to get off. in illinois, you can get a link card which gives you 200 per month for food, as well as other additional help. that sounds great when you are unemployed, but the problem is, once you get a job you lose it, so if you aren't working full time, or if you are a parent and are getting assistance for multiple children, you may end up with less income than you had when you were receiving assistance. this discourages certain people from getting jobs, and without taking that first step, getting that first job, you will never rise through the ranks, be promoted, and become "successful". in my opinion, the welfare system could be looked at as just another way that the government can control the masses and especially the poor. the same government which then cashes in on imprisoning these same people. IF YOU ARE POOR, DONT TRUST THE GOVERNMENT, doesn't matter if they are republicans, democrats, white, black, whatever, politicians are snakes and the only way you are going to change your life is by doing it yourself. 
if you really want to know how to turn things around in poor( or i guess black since this thread is about race, though i hate generalizing that way) here are the major ways in which that can happen:

1- this is by far the most important, USE BIRTH CONTROL. having children too early in life is absolutely the number 1 reason people do not reach their potential in terms of education and careers. plain and simple. and poor people are much more likely to have children at younger ages, its just statistics. all over the world it is the same shit, the populations with the highest poverty rates also happen to have the highest birth rates among young women(per capita)

2- get off welfare if at all possible, this means take any job you can get, even if its at Mcdonalds or some shit, i know it will suck but in a year or two you will be better off, have learned some skills and will at least have something on a resume. plus you can start saving for college, a car so that you have transportation to a better job in the future, or whatever else might help you in the future. you can't save a link card, if you are on welfare you are living month to month and have no chance of progressing unless you get off it, simple as that. a good homie of mine has been receiving assistance all his life, he was raised on it. as a result, he has learned to live comfortably on it and has never had a real job that i know of. now he is 23/24 with pretty much nothing on his reuse(he went to college for art, he is one of the best painters I've ever seen and got a full ride, but that doesn't help much job-wise). also get the fuck out of the projects if at all possible, nothing but trouble there. 
preferably try to get a job at some kind of small business so that you can develop personal relationships with the owners/management and learn about business/ starting a business. 

3- stay in school, or go to vocational school- pretty self explanatory.
vocational school would actually be a pretty good option at this point, especially if there is no money for college. so many people go to college now for business or similar majors that there is actually an abundance of people with those degrees and a shortage of people trained in blue-collar trades, which really are not that bad most of the time. a friend of mine left my high school and went to vocational school after he got a girl pregnant. he actually got paid to go to school and now he is done and working full time as a metalworker, in the union, making 25-30 dollars an hour at 20 years old, while i am a year older than he is and am still in college taking out student loans to pay for school and i won't even be guaranteed a job afterward. additionally, a large portion of of people currently working blue collar trade type jobs are 45/50 years+ meaning they will be retiring soon and there will be HUGE demand for trade workers, which could mean increased wages for people in those positions. plus after some experience you could even start your own trade business and once you're at that point you could make some REALLY good money.

4- learn about technology- technology and the internet is a great equalizer in terms of class, but only if you have access to it. if you can learn a lot about technology and, for instance, learn to code websites(which you can do for free online) there is a world of opportunity for you to make money on your own, and if you get good enough you can get really great jobs in the future. and of course this is an exploding industry so the possibilities are pretty much only limited by your own imagination. 

5- surround yourself with the right people- i know that in certain places that can be pretty hard. i live in south side chicago and if you grow up here you are absolutely surrounded by gang culture. its everywhere and pretty much everyone you know is gang-affiliated to some degree, this doesn't necessarily mean they are bad or violent people, thats just how it is here. that being said don't let yourself get caught up in that lifestyle. don't let yourself get arrested selling drugs and shit like that, i know the trap lifestyle seems cool now, i mean i'm not gonna lie i listen to trap music and shit too, and it seems like the only way to make decent money at the moment, but in 5-10 years it will fucking suck trust me. even fucking Gucci Mane travels around schools telling kids not to get involved in that shit cause it will ruin you. honestly if you are young and getting involved with that shit you are most likely being taken advantage of by older drug dealers who don't give 2 shits about you. some people join gangs for protection, honestly if you wanna crew up with your homies and make money, go for it. there is actually something to be admired about drug dealers because in certain communities they seem to be the only ones hustling and trying to make something for themselves. take that hustle and apply it to something other than drugs. make tshirts or music or something, just not drugs. honestly in this day and age its easy to get tshirts printed and sell them over the internet, and you can make as much money as you would standing on the corner selling drugs, and its much safer. this goes back to becoming familiarized with technology and the internet. theres a lot of opportunities out there that you don't even know or consider unless you do your research. get 10 of your homies together, pull together a little start up money, start your own brand and hustle the same way you would if you were slangin rock for a living haha. it may take a little more work at the very beginning but trust me it will pay off. 

so ya i know this has gotten a bit off topic from the original post, but fuck it this thread wasn't positive or productive in any way anyway so hopefully this can help someone and will have been worth me spending like half an hour typing it all out ahaha
June 25, 2013 @ 05:18 PM
Captain Al

in response to Black Donald Trump:

You know what you are saying, and there's a lot I agree with. You realize 
On the subject on welfare. Are you familiar with the term "Welfare Queen"? Like you said, you believe there are people who abuse the welfare programs. FYI, it is nearly impossible to get on welfare when you do not need it. I can't go onto the subject but, I had a class where the instructor brought in an application for receiving welfare (there are several forms). Calling these people who depend on welfare "lazy" is wrong. Having welfare does not discourage individuals from finding work. Do you seriously think it is easy "just getting" a job? at McDonalds? Do you think it's easy rising to the top, getting promoted when you don't have an education? Do you being 30+ years old with more than one child and working at minimum wage is going to help your situation? This is why the African American/poor community resorts to violence, drugs/alcoholism/etc. Like I said before, it's a never ending cycle and it is hard to break. You're born in a poor family, you'll be surrounding by negative things like drugs, gang violence, etc. You will lack the education, not because you don't want to learn, just because the education you receive is poor. You'll be heavily influenced by what surrounds you.
If everybody in the country wears a blue shirt, you're most likely to wear a blue shirt too.
It's not there fault. Like you said, the government/politicians only care about the wealthy. I'm not talking about the petty high middle class, I'm talking about American billionaires. Their interests are always in hand. Nothing is going to change, it's the government we have. There is no true democracy. The "people" have no projected views. 

As for your list...

1. This too has a lot to do with education. When you lack it, you will lack many essential things in life. When you are no educated, and when you are poor, children are a huge burden. (shit i forgot the word.. concep something) Things like birth control are being attempted to prevented by the Conservative people the country, obviously this wont help. Abortion is the answer for many people, but then again the Conservatives of this country would like to prevent this, and it is becoming very successful

points 2-5. I think I kinda skimmed over them in my 1st paragraph... lol

What you said is positive, but you realize that telling poor people this will not solve the problem. They all know this. NOBODY wants to be poor. NOBODY wants to be part of community violence and drugs. NOBODY wants to be on welfare. NOBODY wants to have children when under these conditions.
They just can't escape it. It's not their fault...

tumblr: bankpaper.tumblr.com Instagram: @bankpaper

June 25, 2013 @ 05:25 PM
davidbolin

Nothing annoys me more than people who buy into talking about a person "acting/talking black/white". Growing up in overwhelmingly white schools and a mostly white community, it's beyond disturbing how widespread subconscious racism is.
June 25, 2013 @ 06:43 PM
JEANPAULDAVINCI

suspended

ya'll niggas wanna exchange phone numbers and text instead of all this shit. 
June 25, 2013 @ 06:58 PM
jamesjebbia

white people for the most part will never be able to comprehend that other people have it harder
June 25, 2013 @ 07:10 PM
Efil4zaggin

everyone wanna be a nigga but no one wants to be a nigga

:0

June 25, 2013 @ 07:41 PM
cheyaaa

why is there a need for a race thread? if you're still having racist thoughts, you might as well burn yourself. It's unacceptable and stirs a lot of anger.

FOLLOW ME @ https://twitter.com/Fhenomenon1

June 25, 2013 @ 08:00 PM
JohnvHarrison

-black people are kinda bad at science

http://www.theyhatechange.com Beauty Squad Click on the rise #B$C Get down or lay down

June 25, 2013 @ 09:33 PM
thepreciselife

why do asian people truly SUCK at driving?
at first I thought it was a stereotype, till I moved to the 626.

ThePreciseLife.com

June 25, 2013 @ 10:00 PM
Lucky-Luciano

its a case of being good or bad human beings

Keep your glory gold and glitter!!

June 25, 2013 @ 10:00 PM
TheRealDRAQULA

i hate  white people man. they are just fucking stupid most of the time and ignorant and they think they are the best. im white btw

$$$$$$$$$

June 25, 2013 @ 10:02 PM
shnoosetheboose

That homeless girl is exactly what I'm talking about. She wanted to succeed and did it by working her ass off and making it happen, not complaining about her situation. If she'd sat there and complained about it and didn't work hard, she'd be sitting there in the same position as when she was in high school.
June 25, 2013 @ 10:07 PM
spriteremix

why do so many asian people get up close in ya personal space all the time out in public places, all up in ya shit like actin u arent standing right there looking 3 feet down at them and try to CUT IN LINE EVERYWHERE like they are entitled or just failed to notice a line of 903489 people right in front of them

is it a cultural thing? dont get me wrong..i love asians ive fucked a lot of em (the submissiveness of the women is cool) and some of my boys are asian..but i feel like in general a lot of them just have BAD MANNERS in public places.. I see asians trying to cut in line and doing just rude ass shit allll the time..its usually the fob types..delusional asses thinking the world revolves around their 3 inch dicks 
June 25, 2013 @ 10:10 PM
spriteremix

i hate  white people man. they are just fucking stupid most of the time and ignorant and they think they are the best. im white btw
true
June 25, 2013 @ 11:00 PM
(G)TRAP

suspended

black people are bringing themselves down, despite them blaming everything on the "rich white folk".

black people love to be offended and play the race card every chance they get.

Native Americans had it just as (or almost as) bad as blacks and they don't complain 1/10th as much as blacks do.
1. Poor people blame the "rich white folk" because the "rich white folk" are the people who are bringing them down, and destroying their opportunities to find success and better their lives. 

2. Yea, because being discriminated due to your race in the 21st cent. is just a chip on the shoulder. We should all stop talking about it. (hint: don't tell people that they're playing the blame game when you can't see their POV, then again you have that privilege)

3. Do you know how stupid that sounds? 1st off, you can compare a group of people's struggle. Secondly, do you pay attention to ANY PoC?

stfu 
Shut the fuck up. There are discriminatory programs set in place now that are meant to increase opportunities of minorities in school and and the work place too. Schools are required to meet a certain quota of each ethnicity in their enrollment, I have friends that got rejected from Stanford with 3.87 unweighted GPAs, 33 ACT, and a ~2300 SAT, but a black kid in one of my classes with a 3.6 unweighted, 30 ACT and ~2100 SAT got in. He got rejected because they had to meet a certain quota of minority students enrolled, and happened to a white kid while the other was black and was necessary to meet a quota.

If you really expect discrimination to end and there to be "equality" you're an idiot. Until equal opportunity employment and similar programs are ended, there's no such thing as equality. But if those were ended and the more qualified white guy got a job over a black guy, you already know they'd be screaming racism.

But comparing struggles is dumb, I agree.

tl;dr: Discrimination happens in all forms at all levels and will continue to happen until things change, and they won't. That being said, I'm not racist in any way, I don't really care
June 25, 2013 @ 11:22 PM
(G)TRAP

suspended

i feel sorry for yall, aways worrying about race n shi

racism doesnt even really exist where i live
yeah killing all aborginals
June 25, 2013 @ 11:42 PM
SonOfRise

Man fuck this. What's your position on abortion?

Zooey Deschanel is the most perfect person on this earth and i love her more than anything and we are gettin married #2017!!!

June 25, 2013 @ 11:45 PM
SonOfRise

Nah but man I love me some white women! They are gorgeous as fuck! I mean look at Zooey Deschanel and Natalie portman! Two of the most beautiful women on earth! I swear when I watched your highness It was mainly because they were in it! They are the best looking women on earth.

Zooey Deschanel is the most perfect person on this earth and i love her more than anything and we are gettin married #2017!!!

June 26, 2013 @ 01:35 AM
Black Donald Trump

in response to Black Donald Trump:

You know what you are saying, and there's a lot I agree with. You realize 
On the subject on welfare. Are you familiar with the term "Welfare Queen"? Like you said, you believe there are people who abuse the welfare programs. FYI, it is nearly impossible to get on welfare when you do not need it. I can't go onto the subject but, I had a class where the instructor brought in an application for receiving welfare (there are several forms). Calling these people who depend on welfare "lazy" is wrong. Having welfare does not discourage individuals from finding work. Do you seriously think it is easy "just getting" a job? at McDonalds? Do you think it's easy rising to the top, getting promoted when you don't have an education? Do you being 30+ years old with more than one child and working at minimum wage is going to help your situation? This is why the African American/poor community resorts to violence, drugs/alcoholism/etc. Like I said before, it's a never ending cycle and it is hard to break. You're born in a poor family, you'll be surrounding by negative things like drugs, gang violence, etc. You will lack the education, not because you don't want to learn, just because the education you receive is poor. You'll be heavily influenced by what surrounds you.
If everybody in the country wears a blue shirt, you're most likely to wear a blue shirt too.
It's not there fault. Like you said, the government/politicians only care about the wealthy. I'm not talking about the petty high middle class, I'm talking about American billionaires. Their interests are always in hand. Nothing is going to change, it's the government we have. There is no true democracy. The "people" have no projected views. 

As for your list...

1. This too has a lot to do with education. When you lack it, you will lack many essential things in life. When you are no educated, and when you are poor, children are a huge burden. (shit i forgot the word.. concep something) Things like birth control are being attempted to prevented by the Conservative people the country, obviously this wont help. Abortion is the answer for many people, but then again the Conservatives of this country would like to prevent this, and it is becoming very successful

points 2-5. I think I kinda skimmed over them in my 1st paragraph... lol

What you said is positive, but you realize that telling poor people this will not solve the problem. They all know this. NOBODY wants to be poor. NOBODY wants to be part of community violence and drugs. NOBODY wants to be on welfare. NOBODY wants to have children when under these conditions.
They just can't escape it. It's not their fault...
ya i know its hard as fuck and a lot of the time people don't succeed even if they know the things i'm saying but there are still many other instances when people do make it out so i'm just trying to encourage those who might have a chance, jafeelme
June 26, 2013 @ 01:59 AM
Efil4zaggin

why do asian people truly SUCK at driving?
at first I thought it was a stereotype, till I moved to the 626.
i cant park to the curb without hitting it -_-

:0

June 26, 2013 @ 02:31 AM
SonOfRise

Mexican kids are fucked up they complain that school sucks and shit and they want to be rich when they grow up but they don't work or nothing. Btw I live in Texas so there's like a million Mexicans here and counting. But I like Mexicans just not how they act.

June 26, 2013 @ 02:36 AM
mackness

most gingers are smelly and fat 

"mack you get a pass for wearing female pants i aint even gonna ether you anymore" Powercum http://jnmcknss.tumblr.com/

June 26, 2013 @ 02:44 AM
Bishop Don SpacePimp

why is there a need for a race thread? if you're still having racist thoughts, you might as well burn yourself. It's unacceptable and stirs a lot of anger.

I've been known to invoke......FEELINGS.

Please login first to reply.